Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Monicro posted:

Goons ran the creator of something amazing out of town by being goons, what a loving shocker

Agh!!! Goons!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Monicro posted:

Goons ran the creator of something amazing out of town by being goons, what a loving shocker

We weren't exactly sending a guy dressed like a pickle to harass him. Like 3 guys told him he should consider being less homophobic 6 months ago and he's apparently still angry about it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Well this is an overblown reaction if I ever saw one. I can only assume it's related to Facebook or dA stuff, as lazerbot solemnly promised not to read SA anymore after all.

lazerbot posted:

you breathe yet you can't live with out a useless hobby of giving your empty opinion on everything you find, even to the creators who has there own passions for there creations. must you try and destroy all dreams?

this post was not made out of ego but facts, facts that your actions have proved all the more with each empty word you continue typing with out the slightest thought of what they actually mean.. what a shame

:v:

He really took the homophobia thing badly.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that wall of text gets kind of scary at the end.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Weird Sandwich posted:

Except that it was valid criticism of homophobia? If anything most goons were being pretty lenient in assuming it was something he would naturally grow out of. Anyone in a creative pursuit should be able to handle constructive criticism without blowing up at their fans. The timing of this is pretty weird though, considering this issue hasn't been brought up in the thread for weeks.

This. As much as I liked the comic, Lazy's personality has been putting me off from it. Guessing those long winded responses weren't epic sick burns. They were legit whining. Maybe this is just an excuse to have people stop hounding him about the comic?

Lazy B posted:

its always something that is some how related to my comic or how it is similar or even have a short resemblance to other peoples works, though they are different.

Mystery solved. He gets like this every-time someone compares it to someone else's stuff. Shame, I thought he had some potential. :smith:

Lazy B posted:

heh so what if perhaps the owner of the cat decided to give the cat what it deserves for biting the hand? perhaps the cat is not fed for days after? is it not a good way to teach it's small minded pets? complain and then gain something to actually complain about in return? what if it came true? what if you were all the cats and you are all starving for food :O oh no not starving are you? "Please!! please give me food'' they say hehe but we don't feed them do we? even buy a completely new brand of cat food huh? i hope you liked the pink and rainbow cat food

Some extra irony here, Lazy was talking about not biting the hand that feeds you, I noticed after the gay-debacle, Goon works of TGT completely stopped.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
For months this thread was doing nothing but praising his unbridled genius, then he says something negative about gay guys, which from his perspective is not a big deal, and suddenly the thread shifts to calling him a hateful homophobe and an idiotic douchebag. Regardless of how accurate or inaccurate that was, how the gently caress did you think he would react?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Raserys posted:

For months this thread was doing nothing but praising his unbridled genius, then he says something negative about gay guys, which from his perspective is not a big deal, and suddenly the thread shifts to calling him a hateful homophobe and an idiotic douchebag. Regardless of how accurate or inaccurate that was, how the gently caress did you think he would react?

That never happened.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

That never happened.

Yeah, the response was pretty mild. I read it after the fact but as I saw it goons pretty much expressed mild disappointment and a hope that he'd grow out of it and moved on.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I was wondering when this or something similar would happen. Farewell, lazerbot. If you do ever get your act together, you won't be doing this comic anymore.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Honestly I expected him to end this the second he found the thread, leaving us with the first three chapters of poorly drawn Sonic the Hedgehog revenge fantasy.

For a comic about how all internet trolls are gay and ultimately spineless, it's only fitting that it ends because of internet drama.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Bolverkur posted:

So LazyB posted some amazing tl;dr which seems to be about the comic going on hiatus for the rest of the year. I haven't read it, it's too early for me to handle that soul-crushing wall of text. Maybe after a pot of coffee. Or two.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/bot-lazerbot/enjoy/259134844222130

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
To be honest, I don't think that was written in response to anything SA said or did. The timing is too off - SA hasn't really been critical of him in a while. I think it's written in response to criticism other sites have been giving him, or just facebook/personal PMs in general or something.

Not that it makes that kind of reaction to criticism okay - even the worst, most shallow and false criticism you should have more tact in simply ignoring - but I'm just saying I don't think this is a case of "GOONS DONE GOONED UP AGAIN :argh:"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Perhaps if he comes back he can start getting the story moving again. These Dragonball Z fights were really starting to get tiring.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SaltLick posted:

Perhaps if he comes back he can start getting the story moving again. These Dragonball Z fights were really starting to get tiring.
Yeah, I was hoping we'd move on and start wrapping up each team's storyline. For instance, Mario hadn't been seen for ages. I wanted to see the final fight with Tails soul bonding with Sonic and saving the day or whatever.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Lazey B has always been charmingly mad, and endearing crazy. But holy poo poo, I don't see how you can type that without being legitimately insane. How do you sit down at a computer, think those things, and let them spill out your fingers like that? I can only imagine him laughing to himself, getting more manic as he goes on. This is what happens to a kid when you praise him and call him internet God for six months then critique him. He's basically suffered Shyamanlan syndrome in half a year, and this is his big, crazy "Lady in the Water" gently caress you.

At first I thought what Lazerbot meant was he was taking a year off to exclusively work on the comic. In that sense, I'm glad he haven't ruined his life :)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Personally I thought he was a genius when he killed Rob, because it was such a bold thing for an author to do. Comic just hasn't been the same for me since he retconned it.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

SaltLick posted:

That's probably why he quit. Some guy whining that the fight was going on too long.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LB if you are reading this please chill your pill and try to ignore every post other than this one, tia.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Raserys posted:

For months this thread was doing nothing but praising his unbridled genius, then he says something negative about gay guys, which from his perspective is not a big deal, and suddenly the thread shifts to calling him a hateful homophobe and an idiotic douchebag.

"suddenly the thread shifts" is generally not a thing that actually happens.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

That's probably why he quit. Some guy whining that the fight was going on too long.

The easy solution to that is to release all of the fight pages at the same time.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, I was hoping we'd move on and start wrapping up each team's storyline. For instance, Mario hadn't been seen for ages. I wanted to see the final fight with Tails soul bonding with Sonic and saving the day or whatever.

We weren't anywhere close to the end. It was already looking like Rob was going to lose anyway, but at any rate would probably take another chapter to get there. At which point we've had seven battles between non-trolls and trolls (counting the "Bever consert") where the most non-trolls won was killing a single lower-level named troll (Garry) and temporarily disarming Troll King. And if you think about it, Demaro's victory isn't exactly a win for the anti-troll forces per-se.

Consider how many plot-lines we had open:

• The current Hindo/Rob fight.
  • The "current" Coyote/Demaro fight.
  • What the heck is up with Demaro's skeleton worm? (i.e. there will be at least one more fight with Demaro)
  • Tails still needs to train with Arthur and possibly Frogger and Leapfrog if not Pori
  • Tails still needs to do the soul bind
  • Knuckles is likely to face Mario at some point in another chapter-long fight
  • Trollface needs comeuppance after killing Sylvester
  • The Troll Slaiyers haven't done anything yet to actually achieve their goals (although perhaps they are doing so now)
  • Silver and crew are likely to do something; Elmer still needs to escape
  • What's going on with Ronald McDonald?
  • What's going on with Pori?
  • What's actually going on with Rob? Why does Coyote sense that he's special?
  • The final fight between Tails and the Trolls

Most of those are going to get at least a chapter a piece, so there's plenty more to go around. Even if he only addressed half of these points, he wasn't going to get close to wrapping up any time in the next six months.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Remember when he said he wasn't going to read this thread anymore because goons are the worst? And now he's freaking the gently caress out again anyway. What a goddamn baby.

I was looking forward to the soulbind though. :smith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, he finally snapped. To be honest, I'm not heartbroken about it, the comic has been REALLY dragging for the last few months.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

That never happened.
It's kinda charming to see goon hyperbole extended to goon history, but I agree with you, the thread is neither that positive or ever nearly that negative.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dorroile posted:

Welp, he finally snapped. To be honest, I'm not heartbroken about it, the comic has been REALLY dragging for the last few months.

Well, when most of the last 9 months has consisted of fights...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Even at it's worst, I still loved this strange comic.
Best wishes to LB, on whatever adventure finds him next.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Florida gets another mentally unstable dude without a creative outlet.

Shine on you truly crazy diamond. I hope everything works out for you.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm just sad it tapered out like this instead of ending in a truly crazy way.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

He's got some creepy God complex going on from the tone of that rant. Whatever is wrong with him, I think we just made it worse by giving him attention :(

At least we were able to enjoy the ridiculousness of Tails Gets Trolled for a while. I suspect these comics will take on a much darker tone in 10 years when the police find Lazerbot's basement full of corpses crudely disfigured to look like the troll king and "THEY CAN'T TROLL YOU WHEN THERE DEaD!" scrawled on the walls.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He's at the age when mental illness really starts to express its self. That or he's just a weird mad dude.

I think he just expected ever escalating levels of praise. He's been complaining about the lack of songs, the lack of motion comics, the lack of fanart over the last few months. He's snapped and flipped his poo poo at the smallest of criticism when he used to be far more chill. Maybe he felt like he jumped the shark while at the same time feeling betrayed that his fans didn't form some DA-esq hugbox around him.

I certainly enjoyed the comic but the dude needs therapy and a chill pill.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 18, 2013

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Let's hope he finishes this comic later, and doesn't pull a GameGamesTroll.pdf.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think I found the perfect clip that represents the Lazy-Goon relationship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTdnIUe9TXM

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Baronjutter posted:

I think he just expected ever escalating levels of praise. He's been complaining about the lack of songs, the lack of motion comics...
Haha, if my inactivity caused his breakdown, I don't really know what to think. Am I the true puppet master behind the scenes? :psyduck:

EDIT: Speaking of which, the tailsgetstrolled youtube account is coming up on 2000 subscribers, 1000+ of which subscribed over the 6 months when nothing new was posted. He's got fans who like his comic, he should be happy.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

What are the chances of his rant being an elaborate troll? Maybe we'll get an update like HAHA I FOOLED YOU and it’ll be business as usual afterwards.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Well, no matter what happens, I just want you folks to know that I love you all very much.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

JazzFlight posted:

Haha, if my inactivity caused his breakdown, I don't really know what to think. Am I the true puppet master behind the scenes? :psyduck:

EDIT: Speaking of which, the tailsgetstrolled youtube account is coming up on 2000 subscribers, 1000+ of which subscribed over the 6 months when nothing new was posted. He's got fans who like his comic, he should be happy.

He can't be happy because someone said something mean and he is obviously in need of some kind of mental help.

It was only a matter of time before he stopped, this whole "you so cool Lazey-B!" went right to his head and he became a petty diva.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
It was a fun ride. Plus, Game of Thrones season 3 is going to start soon so I'd probably be ditching this avatar anyways.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Well, looks like the Trolls won in the end.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

We had a good run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's come full circle, hasn't it? After reading enough of this stuff, it started to look like there was method to this madness, and a larger story that was actually entertaining. But now it's looking like he's just pretty drat nuts again.

nerdbot posted:

I'm just sad it tapered out like this instead of ending in a truly crazy way.

This was crazy enough for me, but who knows, this might not even be the end of it. You think he can really make it the rest of the whole year without starting some more drama? It's just fishing for compliments and he's probably going to blow up again when goons don't come begging for more pink and rainbow cat food haha what the gently caress comics.