Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

LB will start posting comics again when he realizes that the cats would rather wander off than beg him for food.

It was a lot of fun. Best wishes to LB, and his future endeavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Eh, I'd be willing to bet a quantity of money that he's just trying to mess with us. Again.

I give it a week before he makes another page.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

He's at the age when mental illness really starts to express its self. That or he's just a weird mad dude.

It's the second of these two. He certainly can go on a hell of a rant, but genuinely crazy people off their meds are even less lucid.

I could pretty much see this coming- TGT has been running for more than a year now (!) and creative work is draining, especially over a long period of time. I think that LB just plain ran out of steam and it's a source of frustration for him. It's easy to recharge your creative batteries when you have this feedback loop of people praising your stuff and creating derivative works, but when that drops off it all feels like a slog (and of course it's dropped off because nobody cares about the 3 month long fights.)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

This was crazy enough for me, but who knows, this might not even be the end of it. You think he can really make it the rest of the whole year without starting some more drama? It's just fishing for compliments and he's probably going to blow up again when goons don't come begging for more pink and rainbow cat food haha what the gently caress comics.

For me, if it has to end with a big meltdown (and I wish it didn't) I would've rather seen the comic suddenly cut away to Lazerbot's self-insert prattling off the rant and killing Tails or something. The comic is just gonna end on...some dude fighting electrospiders.

I bet he'll go back to doing comics soon enough, and I'll read em, but even if he does it won't be the same after this meltdown. It'll just be another Chris-chan situation. This sounds really patronizing, and I don't mean it to be, but I just really wanted to believe that this time, the guy behind the weird Sonic/Looney Tunes anime murder fancomic was just a weird guy making a weird thing, and not...nuts. I could forgive his weird homophobic rants but this last one was just...nuts.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

nerdbot posted:

it won't be the same after this meltdown.

It hasn't been the same since the last meltdown either.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Can we give it a few days before calling it? I'm throwing my lot in with the theory that when he sees people will just move on instead of begging him for more pages, he'll go back to making this comic. So I don't want to say it's completely over and done with, yet.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Breadallelogram posted:

It hasn't been the same since the last meltdown either.

Yeah. :( loving goons, I want to cry.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Call Now posted:

Well, truth be told, if goons hadn't found it and made it more popular, who knows if it would have even gone on for this long.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

JazzFlight posted:

Well, truth be told, if goons hadn't found it and made it more popular, who knows if it would have even gone on for this long.

Lest we forget; Lazerbot was more or less done when we found this thing. There was a huge amount of time between chapters four and five.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Turn left Lazerbot !! noo

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Call Now posted:

Had nothing to do with goons, really. He was only even making the damned things because of goons after a certain point. He also seems to have a terrible sense of humor and a very thin skin, which for the author of a story about dealing with trolls, is kind of funny in of itself.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Remember when that guy hacked Lazerbot's deviantart and his response was just, "uh, yeah. whatever." boy, those were times.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

ZearothK posted:

Personally I thought he was a genius when he killed Rob, because it was such a bold thing for an author to do. Comic just hasn't been the same for me since he retconned it.
I missed this, does anyone have it archived?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

GulagDolls posted:

Remember when that guy hacked Lazerbot's deviantart and his response was just, "uh, yeah. whatever." boy, those were times.

And it was because the ongoing feud with Pony-guy that the homophobic stuff ever came out. He may have been "uh, yeah. whatever." at first, but he constantly sparred with that guy on facebook at which point "uh, yeah. whatever." became "uh, yeah, also you're probably gay, but that's cool, whatever." Then he couldn't figure out why using that term as a pejorative towards someone antagonizing him might offend people. Basically we thought Tails was his self-insert character, when it was actually Sonic :v:

I honestly hope he's just burnt out from doing the comic for over a year, and isn't seriously broken/crazy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So that is how bright his diamond can shine.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Call Now posted:

Mmmm whatcha say, that you only meant well, well of course you did.

Mmmm whatcha say, that it's all for the best, of course it is.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My pill will forever be chilled, thank you Lazyb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1I4q6lOpo

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Air Julio posted:

Basically we thought Tails was his self-insert character, when it was actually Sonic :v:

Also before we bid goodnight to this thread, there's some good fanart in the google image search results that I didn't recognize, such as

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It was fun while it lasted.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Welp, good riddance. Glad I bought my new avatar when I did.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

This might be the first time in my life that I am actually disappointed in the outcome of something on the internet. I feel like it is some fruitless rite of passage.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I actually wish some fan-art was made of scenes that haven't happened yet to wrap up the storylines. Like what Xenogears did in Disc 2 when they ran out of money and had to gloss over a lot of planned story points.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
This is sad. Regardless of his personal views I loved LazB's comic. I hope you come back soon.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

and it seamed
to me
you live->
d your life
like a candel
in the wind

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm kinda ok with this ending abruptly since that's how these things usually turn out. I'll still fondly remember it sometimes even though the author's kinda a shithead like christian humbler.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Aw, someone posted my terrible art!

It's been a great ride, goons. LB, I hope you can chill your pill and go back to writing TGT. Oh, and ignore your fans. All of them. Forever.

Looks like I'll change up my avatar at some point, but I'll be flying this Troll Slaiyers tag for a long time to come.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

And now; let us remember the good times.

From humble, early beginnings;

To the first fan art:

To the tidal wave of fanart

The early animated pages

To the first fan song...

... And JFlights wonderful discography...

... And unforgettable videos, featuring amazing voice talent

To the introduction of :fut:

The timeless troll-off

To Shadow, Destroyer of Worlds:

I'd love a more comprehensive list. For instance, I couldn't find that large painting of the iconic Tails face.

Tails Gets Trolled: Never Forget

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!
A few posters got a little too emotionally involved with this thing, I think, but it was a pretty fun (though slowish) ride from craziness to craziness, no matter what happened/follows.

Calico Heart posted:

Tails Gets Trolled: Never Forget

The Face That Has Never Been Surpassed, however much Mr B improved artistically over the strips!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't get the people being all apologetic to the guy. SA's been nothing but nice to him, and he's been nothing but condescending, demanding and rude to his fans. The whole "zen master" thing we projected onto him was just our imagination, he's an idiot manchild who had a breakdown over imagined slights, just like so many webcomic dudes before him.

Yo Lazerbot, if you can read this, gently caress you. :dukedog:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't remember who created this, but I don't think it was a goon:

Let us take a moment to reflect on our favorite TGT scenes. I will always be fond of this particular page:

Lurdiak posted:

I don't get the people being all apologetic to the guy. SA's been nothing but nice to him, and he's been nothing but condescending, demanding and rude to his fans. The whole "zen master" thing we projected onto him was just our imagination, he's an idiot manchild who had a breakdown over imagined slights, just like so many webcomic dudes before him

It seems that his pill gradually became less chilled over time. Still not sure what happened there.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 19, 2013

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

He'll still always be fun to compare against Buckley and Mookie, cause he's genuinely a better artist than both. At least he's got some effort and passion for something, even if it is loving nuts.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Phlegmish posted:

It seems that his pill gradually became less chilled over time. Still not sure what happened there.

Well the thread full of people calling him internet jesus every day for a year may have had something to do with it.

e: VVV oops I didn't mean that in a finger-pointing kind of way, I'm sorry if it came out like that.

Monicro fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 19, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jesus, do we really need all this finger pointing bullshit? The guy's a weird person who made a funny thing and now he's stopped. Maybe he snapped, maybe he burned out, maybe he's just tired of it. Who cares? We really don't need people being all "look what you did", it serves no purpose.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wow. It's been exactly a year and one month since the thread started. Have I really been following this comic for that long? :wtc:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Jesus, do we really need all this finger pointing bullshit? The guy's a weird person who made a funny thing and now he's stopped. Maybe he snapped, maybe he burned out, maybe he's just tired of it. Who cares? We really don't need people being all "look what you did", it serves no purpose.

Plus, it's laughably closed-minded to say that we were the only TGT fans. He's been listening to more than just goons for input. There's TONS more people following it on Facebook, a small but pretty dedicated following on Tumblr, and plenty of people directly posting on his DA too. He had quite the following. Perhaps you could say goons were the most dedicated, or the ones he listened to most, but I don't really think you can point fingers anywhere, honestly. But that's just my two cents, I dunno.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm sad now. Please come back.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God dammit and I just bought this thing too.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Fucknag posted:

God dammit and I just bought this thing too.

So? It's still a funny avatar. I don't get why some people in this thread are acting like the end of the comic means they need to change avatars.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Taciturn Tactician posted:

So? It's still a funny avatar. I don't get why some people in this thread are acting like the end of the comic means they need to change avatars.

I think it's less the fact that it's over, and more because of why it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

I think it's less the fact that it's over, and more because of why it's over.

Pretty much this. I was going to change as soon as a cute GoT gif came out of the new season, but this just cements it.