Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Partly inspired by the bachelor threads, partly inspired by tumbler, this is a thread where you post the most vile food that people seem to actually eat and enjoy. The last part is the most important part. Don't post a picture of, say, a decomposed raccoon being eaten by a schizophrenic homeless man. This is for people who think that this poo poo is delicious:

Chocolate chip grilled cheese :barf:

No this is not a photoshop, that's a real product you can buy :smithicide:

Cheetos chicken :negative:

You can include recipes/list of ingredients but only with a picture of the final product

Slow-cooker Reuben dip :barf:

quote:

Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups shredded cooked corned beef
1/4 cup thousand island dressing
Directions
In a slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, corned beef and thousand island dressing. Cover, and cook on high for 45 minutes if you're in a hurry, low for longer if you're not, or just until hot and cheese is melted. Stir occasionally while cooking. Serve with cocktail rye or crackers.

Twee as Fuck has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Macaroni salad "recipe". 7000 calories and 358g fat. One look at the girl making it should tell you everything you need to know.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Delicious cupcakes :allears:

Smoked salmon cupcake

Sauerkraut cupcakes

Spam :stonk:

Avocado

and finally, pickles & ice cream cupcake

:suicide:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:barf:

Sometimes I've done the salty crackers with marmalade, which I know many people dislike:

But,then, one of the things that makes me want to vomit is people eating just mayo, straight from the jar or like this:

Mayo is disgusting in large quantities!!

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Desperado Bones posted:

Sometimes I've done the salty crackers with marmalade, which I know many people dislike:

If that's your worst culinary sin, you're alright. And yeah I don't get eating mayo like that it's just gross. Mayo should at most be very lightly spread, and even then rarely. The White Trashest of condiments.

content:

Chocolate pasta with pumpkin and goat cheese. WHY

Bacon and bourbon :wtf: brownies

Mac & Cheese sausages

Doritos rice crispies treats :smithicide:

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I'm totally on board with that Rueben dip poo poo.

Balut

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

schwenz posted:

:frogsiren:

Jesus gently caress, I've read about balut and it looks twice as awful as I pictured it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Twee as gently caress posted:

If that's your worst culinary sin, you're alright. And yeah I don't get eating mayo like that it's just gross. Mayo should at most be very lightly spread, and even then rarely. The White Trashest of condiments.

Exactly! Mayo is just a condiment that shouldn't be abused like that.

And do you want to meet my worst culinary sin?

I like this.

That's pig blood. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moronga )

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

But,then, one of the things that makes me want to vomit is people eating just mayo, straight from the jar or like this:

Mayo is disgusting in large quantities!!

NiffStipples
Jun 3, 2011

This is my ultimate "I can't believe you'd eat that poo poo" food. I've had two exes who used to swear up and down about how great eggs and ketchup were. The smell is horrible and I still haven't tried it to this day.

NiffStipples has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Mar 20, 2013

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Scrambled eggs and ketchup are great. :colbert:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

I wish there was an emoticon between :barf:, :gonk: and :suicide:

fakedit: ^^^thread title right there

Also, why the gently caress do people gently caress with cupcakes so much :stare:

Popcorn soup

Assorted meat jelly :stare:

Pizza in a can :negative:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

quote:

The age of the egg before it can be cooked is a matter of local preference. In the Philippines, the ideal balut is 17 days old, at which point it is said to be balut sa puti ("wrapped in white"). The chick inside is not old enough to show its beak, feathers or claws, and the bones are undeveloped. The Vietnamese often prefer their balut mature from 19 days up to 21 days, when the chick is old enough to be recognizable as a baby duck and has bones that will be firm but tender when cooked.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Spalec posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Macaroni salad "recipe". 7000 calories and 358g fat. One look at the girl making it should tell you everything you need to know.
The fat is one thing, but a can of sweetened condensed milk contains like 200 grams of sugar, to which she adds another full cup of granulated sugar and then mixes it up with pasta... this video is basically diabetes.flv

Homocow has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Mar 19, 2013

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Wait is this cooked like that? I thought this was just like one of those deals where you store the ingredients needed to cook something altogether.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
cookies & cream popcorn with melted white chocolate topping

nestle crunch bacon-raspberry panini

yes this is exactly what it looks like

Potato Candy. (Mashed potatoes, a pound of sugar, and peanut butter.)

Cauliflower Chocolate Protein Fluff :gonk:

:negative:

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Desperado Bones posted:

Exactly! Mayo is just a condiment that shouldn't be abused like that.

And do you want to meet my worst culinary sin?

I like this.

That's pig blood. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moronga )

Wait is it supposed to be cooked? If so then it seems like blood sausage... which is surprisingly delicious.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I think we've reached apex goonfood

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

I think we've reached apex goonfood

Almost.

Now we have reached apex goonslop.:barf:

GizmoGnome
Apr 2, 2007
Slightly cracked, and second hand.
As a non-native living in Scotland I have to say one of the weirdest things I've seen people eat is a Mars Bar supper.

It's a Mars Bar (Milky Way in the US) battered, deep fried, and served with chips (fries) with salt and vinegar.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Dodecalypse posted:

Almost.

Now we have reached apex goonslop.:barf:

Well... that is absolutely disgusting.

Relevant to this thread, does anyone know the name of the youtube video making fun of fast food innovations like the double down and doritos tacos? He tried a whole bunch of weird new poo poo he created and it was funny.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I know this is more contentious than other posts, but seriously... bacon chocolate :barf:

I'd heard so many people raving about the stuff that I assumed it had to be tasty. It's not.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Bird's Nest Soup. Looks Delicious.

Made from Real Bird's Nests.

quote:

Made from the nest of a particular kind of cave/cliff swallow. The swallow secretes a substance from a gland (similar to a salivary gland) as an adhesive to bind twigs and leaves and such together to make the nest.

No longer seems as delicious.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
This, my friends, is America.

This is the America I know and love. One where, if you poured the backstock from a Greek restaurant into a trough along with 86 gallons of maple syrup and a truckload of chicken bits and dusted it with powdered sugar, people would not only eat it but they'd tip their Rascals all the way forward so they could dunk their heads in. The kind of place that needs lifeguards for the feeding pool.

For you see, America was built on the foundations of liberty, and it is an inalienable right that if a man wants to fill his veins with McDaddyOs Grease Fried Buttersticks n Gravy he should not only be able to, but he should be able to to the extent that his girth creates a public health hazard. We should not be mocking this exercise of freedom, we should be celebrating the individuals who were brave enough to push it to its disgusting, nauseating limits.

When I see a person with a perfectly round head and B.O. that interferes with radio transmissions, I don't feel shame. Rather, I stand up, puff out my chest, and proudly proclaim, ":911:!"

Mesimean
Feb 16, 2012
Deep fried mars bars are delicious! I miss living in Scotland sometimes.

I saw somewhere (probably on this forum) a picture of a pinkie pizza which I hope to goodness was a joke. The idea of little mice as a topping is just bleugh, much like the barely formed duck egg treats.

To contribute, have a stargazy pie!

Mesimean has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Mar 19, 2013

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Assorted meat jelly :stare:

This isn't actually a jelly, the "jelly" is actually congealed fat. I.e. liquid fat that is solid because it's cold. If you leave it out too long, it melts into a liquid soup type of thing. I've eaten a delicious one that has Cow Tongue in it. I hope that disgusts you thoroughly.

e: I just remembered another gross Eastern European food that people like to eat, Salo, which is pretty much just condensed fat. You know how when you eat pork there's that sliver of fat? Yeah, it's like that but condensed and hard to chew.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Mar 19, 2013

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

cookies & cream popcorn with melted white chocolate topping

That example looks bad, but the idea seems worth while. I mean there's caramel popcorn and other sweet or candy popcorns.

Pallas_Cat
May 2, 2009

Absolute Unit
I used to work at this candy store that sold chocolate-covered bacon. Some customers loved it, but a lot of people thought it tasted nasty (I was one of those people). On a somewhat related note, I am now a vegetarian.

Here's the product description from their website:

quote:

The rumors are true! We've married two of life's most tastiest foods... Bacon & Chocolate. We start with hickory smoked bacon and it's cooked in the oven until golden & crispy then we
smother it in our special blend of chocolate, to give you a taste sensation like nothing else you've ever had before.

For another outrageous bacon sensation, Try our Vegan's Nightmare Ice Cream. Delectable chunks of our crispy chocolate covered bacon in maple syrup ice cream, it's crazy good!

Apparently they now have "bacon brittle" as well. :barf:

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Dahlia posted:

I used to work at this candy store that sold chocolate-covered bacon. Some customers loved it, but a lot of people thought it tasted nasty (I was one of those people). On a somewhat related note, I am now a vegetarian.

Here's the product description from their website:

Apparently they now have "bacon brittle" as well. :barf:

This whole lol-awesome-bacon-epic-win thing needs to end.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

e: I just remembered another gross Eastern European food that people like to eat, Salo, which is pretty much just condensed fat. You know how when you eat pork there's that sliver of fat? Yeah, it's like that but condensed and hard to chew.

Um, that's the same as italian lardo, and you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about :colbert: I've had it from Piedmont all the way to Sicily and it is delicious. Ever had lardo di colonnata? Ever had a lardo di colonnata sandwich? You know nothing JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo!

password is taco
Oct 23, 2012

schwenz posted:

[delicious balut]

I actually love balut. Does that make me a monster, or just Pinay? :smith:

Content:

Desserts made with Nutella + other really rich/sugary things. The first is a "red velvet oreo cheesecake topped with nutella" and the second are "nutella and peanut butter brownies". The second one really isn't as bad but I just can't handle things that are so rich and sugary.

Also, at least among the nerds around these parts, there seems to be an obsession with nutella covered bacon with the random monkeycheese fedora types.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

password is taco posted:

I actually love balut. Does that make me a monster, or just Pinay? :smith:

Content:

Desserts made with Nutella + other really rich/sugary things. The first is a "red velvet oreo cheesecake topped with nutella" and the second are "nutella and peanut butter brownies". The second one really isn't as bad but I just can't handle things that are so rich and sugary.

Also, at least among the nerds around these parts, there seems to be an obsession with nutella covered bacon with the random monkeycheese fedora types.

Dessert in general is way too overwhelmingly sweet for me, but my body rejects Nutella like a bad organ transplant. And it always seems to be used on top of other, already sweet things like those desserts, so it's a nice double whammy.

Tempus Fugit posted:

Um, that's the same as italian lardo, and you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about :colbert: I've had it from Piedmont all the way to Sicily and it is delicious. Ever had lardo di colonnata? Ever had a lardo di colonnata sandwich? You know nothing JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo!

Good lord, get that stuff when it's been cured just right and it's goddamn delicious.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Chocolate pasta with pumpkin and goat cheese. WHY

This seems like it could be interesting. I mean, it might also be nasty as hell, but could be interesting.

One of my favorites from my childhood in the south:Strickalean

(This image has more lean in the strickalean than I'm used to seeing)

Strickalean(Streak-of-lean for you yankees) is pork belly, just like bacon. Unlike bacon, which is the meat with a bit of fat attached, Strickalean is fat with a bit of meat attached and ssalted. I've had it prepared two ways, one is cut into smaller pieces and fried so that it curls up and gets crispy(sort of like cracklin's, I guess). The other is where you take a big piece of it, batter it, then deep fry it.

That's right. In the south, we eat deep fried pig fat. Enough so that we've given it a colloquial, charming name. It's awful for you, kind of disgusting...and I love it.

Citizen Z has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Mar 19, 2013

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Citizen Z posted:

This seems like it could be interesting. I mean, it might also be nasty as hell, but could be interesting.

One of my favorites from my childhood in the south:Strickalean

(This image has more lean in the strickalean than I'm used to seeing)

Strickalean(Streak-of-lean for you yankees) is pork belly, just like bacon. Unlike bacon, which is the meat with a bit of fat attached, Strickalean is fat with a bit of meat attached and ssalted. I've had it prepared two ways, one is cut into smaller pieces and fried so that it curls up and gets crispy(sort of like cracklin's, I guess). The other is where you take a big piece of it, batter it, then deep fry it.

That's right. In the south, we eat deep fried pig fat. Enough so that we've given it a colloquial, charming name. It's awful for you, kind of disgusting...and I love it.

What's really upsetting is your "Streak-of-Lean" looks like it has a higher meat to fat ratio than a lot of cheap bacon I see for sale :(

davestones
May 7, 2009
No one has posted the canned chicken yet?

Enjoy.

davestones has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Mar 19, 2013

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
When my brother and I were children, our great-grandmother (born in Brazil in the 1910s) would sometimes make us a desert that consisted of raw egg yolks, well beaten with just sugar. This was eaten raw and cold, with the sugar undissolved so as to be gritty. This was before the whole salmonella paranoia set in. I still have it every once and a while, but it's just not as good as she used to make it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Some Norwegian delicacies:
Lutefisk:

It might not look all that bad until you learn that lut is Norwegian for lye. It's fish soaked in lye.

Cod tongue:

It actually taste really good.

Smalahove

Sheep's head. They say that the eye is the best part but I didn't like it all that much.

Gammalost:

Litterally old cheese.

Target Practice posted:

When my brother and I were children, our great-grandmother (born in Brazil in the 1910s) would sometimes make us a desert that consisted of raw egg yolks, well beaten with just sugar. This was eaten raw and cold, with the sugar undissolved so as to be gritty. This was before the whole salmonella paranoia set in. I still have it every once and a while, but it's just not as good as she used to make it.

This is really good though. And the perks of living in a country where salmonella isn't that widespread is that you can eat it all the time without worry. It doesn't belong in this thread:

Alhazred has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Mar 19, 2013

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

schwenz posted:

Balut

This is similar to a french "delicacy" known as Ortolan. Its basically just a small bird that gets force fed, then drowned in Armagnac before cooking and then consumed whole, bones and all. Its traditional to cover your head with a cloth when you eat it, to preserve the aromas and to hide your shame from god. I've also heard that part of the intended experience is the inside of your mouth getting shredded by the bones so the taste of your own blood mingles with the bird.

Heres a clip of Jeremy Clarkson trying some https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4MS7mSzX8

Debunk This! has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Mar 19, 2013

amishbuttermaster
Apr 28, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Some Norwegian delicacies:
Lutefisk:

It might not look all that bad until you learn that lut is Norwegian for lye. It's fish soaked in lye.

I have Norwegian grandparents and had to eat this constantly growing up. It's far and away the worst "food" item in this thread thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Have some Finnish easter delicacy:
It tastes better than it looks, though nothing special

• Locked thread