Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

So... we entertaining the "Lazerbot is 13" theory again yet or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Maybe we'll get more Micah Rat now. I'd be okay with that.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but, I swear, I've seen something this happen before...

"Hey, Lazy-bot your comics pretty funny."
"Oh tanks."
"I just noticed that alot of the bad-guys seem to be gay."
"WHAT? Yur sying thst guy people shuld get spacial treatment!"
"Oh, no, I was just saying -"
"DO YOU KNPW WHO I AM? I'M LAZER-loving-BOT"

*Cue Waltz of the flowers*

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I'm a "Death of the Author" kinda person, so I don't really care what Lazerbot is saying on facebook or whatever. Haven't read any of that stuff. I only care about the comic. I guess if the comic itself had enough homophobic stuff to make me uncomfortable (or was bad otherwise), I wouldn't like it as much.

And I honestly don't care about Lazerbot's political views on things. poo poo, if Hitler made a hilarious webcomic, I would read it and probably enjoy it too.

I do wish Lazerbot would continue making the comic, but he really should just do whatever he feels like. This is terrible advice for artists but I don't think he should try to please anyone with his work. It seemed like he was making it for himself more than anyone else (at first at least). I don't know if it's a good idea to call his critics entitled, but at least I don't think I should have any say in what happens in Lazerbot's comic. I just appreciate the comic for what it is. I don't really see him as a serious artist so it doesn't matter to me if he's doing things "right".

Simply put, I love how uniquely and perfectly imperfect both Lazerbot and his comic are. I wouldn't change anything about either of them.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 19, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
They can't troll you if you stop posting.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Minorkos posted:

I'm a "Death of the Author" kinda person, so I don't really care what Lazerbot is saying on facebook or whatever. Haven't read any of that stuff. I only care about the comic. I guess if the comic itself had enough homophobic stuff to make me uncomfortable (or was bad otherwise), I wouldn't like it as much.

Speaking as someone who despises Death of the Author - this is loving Tails Gets Trolled. Lazerbot doesn't have to be a pillar of virtue or even an okay person to enjoy it. If anything, Lazerbot's many, many flaws enhance the experience.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

scarycave posted:

"I just noticed that alot of the bad-guys seem to be gay."

I think you're referencing something I'm not familiar with, so maybe that's it, but nobody made this argument.
The problem people had was his attitude towards homosexuality outside the fiction. Nobody minds if there are Bad People in a story, or even if they're all from the same group (okay some people might mind, but that's because they'd make a connection to the author's attitude outside the fiction, and personally I think that's naive - if you're concerned about a person's personal views, go read their personal writing, not their make-believe).

I want to clarify, in light of a post that happened while I was typing, that this does not mean you have to be comfortable with or like what a story contains. I'm not saying Furry Guro Erotica has the same merit as everything else, for example

simplefish fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 19, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

simplefish posted:

I think you're referencing something I'm not familiar with, so maybe that's it, but nobody made this argument.
The problem people had was his attitude towards homosexuality outside the fiction. Nobody minds if there are Bad People in a story, or even if they're all from the same group (okay some people might mind, but that's because they'd make a connection to the author's attitude outside the fiction, and personally I think that's naive)

I mentioned it before - not as a complaint but I was just curious why most of the trolls seem to announce that they're gay right before they're killed. Could have just been a running gag. I'm sure it wasn't what set him off but I couldn't remember the exact comment - or if he ever even came out and said it. I'm pretty sure he called someone out on here personally though.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 19, 2013

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just ignore the author. Jesus.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

elmer fud posted:

Just ignore the author. Jesus.

Then the thread is over, there's no more comic to discuss.

It was nice while it lasted.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

tiistai posted:

Then the thread is over, there's no more comic to discuss.

It was nice while it lasted.

I think that would be for the best, just let him rant at tumblr, facebook, ED and whoever, but we "could" actually try to be adults about this and just leave it be.

How about that ?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'd say lock the thread - this one's way overdue for that anyway - and, if he makes any more comics, make a new thread, if we still want to follow him. We'd have to get a mod to lock it, I think, Nunez hasn't been around in ages and ages.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
What, did your dealer move away or something, Lazerbot? Just smoke that smart weed and :chillpill:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_La1DckEggA

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Minorkos posted:

poo poo, if Hitler made a hilarious webcomic, I would read it and probably enjoy it too.

really?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Okay, if the thread was closed right now it would have been worth it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
And that's why you don't close the thread yet.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I'm happy, hope you're happy too. I've loved all I've needed love.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
Hitler-Tails outta nowhere. This loving thread.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

godwi-->
->n slaw

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Better than coleslaw

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm a fan of poeslaw, myself.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Peak thread has been achieved. Lock this baby up.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Wait!

:fut:

Aaaannnnddddd now.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Calico Heart posted:

Wait!

:fut:

Aaaannnnddddd now.

RIP Tails Gets Trolled!

:godwinning:
:godwinning: :godwinning: :godwinning: :fut:

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Stop kidding yourselves. This thread will never die.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HarkToTheLoons posted:

Stop kidding yourselves. This thread will never die.

It'll be constantly propped up by Warner Bros. necromancers.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

I feel like we should all quote this until the thread is closed, so it's guaranteed to be the last post. :godwin:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

now do the rest of the comic like that tia

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp
I'm sad to see TGT go, but I'm glad to have been along for the ride.

:gbsmith:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I just wish the Audiobooks still went on. Or at least until Petunia Pig's death. Alas, time to shed my TGT avatar. :smith:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Atma posted:

really?

You rascal. You wonderful, wonderful, rascal. Is Schmegegge even a real word? :allears:

//Edit//////
Even better that the original comic was posted on Deviant art. The site where 85% of the people can't take art criticism well, just like Hitler.
///////////

Plutonis posted:

I just wish the Audiobooks still went on. Or at least until Petunia Pig's death. Alas, time to shed my TGT avatar. :smith:

Hey, who knows - just because the thread closes doesn't mean the audio books have to stop. There's still plenty of material to cover.
If they never get made, I'm sure some terrible goons will try to it themselves and it will be truly terrible.
(Don't let that happen. :tinfoil:)

scarycave fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 19, 2013

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I know I didn't post in here much, but I read this thread every day, craziness and all. If LB really does pick it up again in a year (and if there's anyone who's nuts enough to actually do it, I'd like to think it's him) I'll be right back here. :fut:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Someone pick up this comic and finish it

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

elmer fud posted:

Anybody could pick up a comic and finish it, that doesn't mean it will be enjoyable.
Found that out first hand.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

elmer fud posted:

Am I allowed to add Solid Snake and his band, Metal Tears?
Spongebob plays bass.

e: But really, nobody should attempt to finish the comic. It'll ruin the magic.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 19, 2013

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
This meltdown is better than most of the fight scenes.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Minorkos posted:

I guess if the comic itself had enough homophobic stuff to make me uncomfortable (or was bad otherwise), I wouldn't like it as much.

You did read "Tails Gets Gay" right? As canonical as it was to justify posting on tailsgetstrolled.com, even I feel a bit uncomfortable having posted it there.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

So, uh: Lazerbot seems to have calmed down. He's responded positively to a few people on Facebook and complimented some fan art. He also posted that the "true fans won't have to suffer long" and that "it's not over".

So, SHOCKING NEWS: Lazerbot is prone to mood swings. Who would have thought?

To be fair, it's sort of a rite of passage that every real artist must at one point claim to hate their fans and say they'll never work again.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

So, uh: Lazerbot seems to have calmed down. He's responded positively to a few people on Facebook and complimented some fan art. He also posted that the "true fans won't have to suffer long" and that "it's not over".

To be fair, it's sort of a rite of passage that every real artist must at one point claim to hate their fans and say they'll never work again.

He's probably bi-polar and was in a manic episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Calico Heart posted:

I am absolutely not surprised and I don't know why everyone was so quick to take him at face value and say WELP GUESS HE'S REALLY DONE FOR THE YEAR REALLY

More than likely he saw that fans were reacting as he wanted them to. He was probably hoping people would beg him to keep making it and now that people have mostly been like "ah well guess it's done" and started to move on, he wants to scramble and take back what he started.