Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

_Loser_
Dec 8, 2005

Gaymu for Teemu
So hey, who wants a sweet deal on a one of a kind BMW 311? It's a 10 year old 1994 model!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

_Loser_ posted:

So hey, who wants a sweet deal on a one of a kind BMW 311? It's a 10 year old 1994 model!

$2500 sounds like a steal, those 311s with the TARDIS option pack are hard to come by these days.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What the hell is a BMW 311? Never heard of a 311 or TARDIS option pak :confused:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Maybe you should ask your doctor who he bought his from.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Fucknag posted:

Maybe you should ask your doctor who he bought his from.

Doctor? Who?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Method Loser posted:

I'm curious as to the abomination that is the interior, I'm sure it's a loving tragedy of colors.

Oh ho hooooo, there's a video so you can get a hint as to the interior as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y6rdDPt5jQ
I'm pretty sure the radio is stuck on country, no other stations should work in a vehicle with that level of esteemed craftsmanship.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What annoys me most about that video is his lazy one-handed driving style :argh:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
It's clear that BMW owner is all mixed up and doesn't know what to do.

I'm so sorry. :cripes:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Buying that car would be a beautiful disaster

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Method Loser posted:

To be fair, if that car didn't have retarded wheels and that eye-searing wrap...

...and the stupid blue foglights, and the dumb grille, and the lambo doors, and the exhaust tips that stick out a foot past the bumper...

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

revmoo posted:

I want to roll up to Cars & Coffee in that just to troll the gently caress out of everybody.

This would be so awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wasn't this a goon car?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/3673289928.html

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

SiliconX posted:

...and the stupid blue foglights, and the dumb grille, and the lambo doors, and the exhaust tips that stick out a foot past the bumper...

:cripes: Yeah okay on second look you win.

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
This seems like it would be a fun project.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/3670619468.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

A grand? Wow. That might be a bit optimistic.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Those are fun little cars, at least the previous body style are. My dad has had 2 of the mitsubishi badged ones, and I spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of his current one down in New Zealand. Kinda slow, but quick enough to be fun on the twisty back roads without being able to go fast enough to get you into too much trouble.

I am not sure how I really feel about this "M1" aw11 MR2.

I remember seeing this car on CL a couple years ago in much rougher shape, and matte black. Looks like someone bought it, fixed up the body work and put a stupid wing/mirrors on it. Its so 80's i kinda love it.

vvv drat, totally missed the engine swap part VVV

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 19, 2013

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Negromancer posted:

Those are fun little cars, at least the previous body style are. My dad has had 2 of the mitsubishi badged ones, and I spent a good amount of time behind the wheel of his current one down in New Zealand. Kinda slow, but quick enough to be fun on the twisty back roads without being able to go fast enough to get you into too much trouble.

I doubt it is with the 4G63 swap. Looks like a lovely job though with the ricer BOV and no air filter on the turbo.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Larrymer posted:

I doubt it is with the 4G63 swap. Looks like a lovely job though with the ricer BOV and no air filter on the turbo.

He's running a MAFT (A blow through air meter rather than the standard Mass Air Filter) and Apexi blow off valves are fine, although you'd probably want to run the maft after the BOV.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
:kimchi:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3685437496.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

He's running a MAFT (A blow through air meter rather than the standard Mass Air Filter) and Apexi blow off valves are fine, although you'd probably want to run the maft after the BOV.

Oh I saw the MAFT. I just think it's ricer poo poo (BOV).

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
This is so goddamn crazy it might just be real.

EDIT: Where is the AWD transfer case?

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 20, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Larrymer posted:

Oh I saw the MAFT. I just think it's ricer poo poo (BOV).

Yeah man, ricer poo poo holds 30 psi. :rolleyes:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Throatwarbler posted:

It's that bulbous thing bolted to the end of the trans. In the first pic you can just barely see the driveshaft coming up the driver's side.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

Yeah man, ricer poo poo holds 30 psi. :rolleyes:

Which I'm sure is the reason it's on there, considering that's a stock turbo. :raise:

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Not sure if gold:
10AE Miata extremely loved

the list goes on

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

iv46vi posted:

Not sure if gold:

the list goes on

Nope

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

iv46vi posted:

Not sure if gold

pretty sure it's chrome.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
I may be in love.. instead of spending $10,000+ on a different import, I may just buy a 1J Cressida! :thumbsup:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fingerling posted:

I may be in love.. instead of spending $10,000+ on a different import, I may just buy a 1J Cressida! :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that that Aussie duo on youtube did this same thing, in fact I wouldn't be shocked at all if that's theirs.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
You're talking about Might Car Mods. And they did do the exact same thing (it's a popular conversion because.. hella sleeper).

I love my E34, but I stupidly got a 530, and it's just.. slow. This would be less-so and... well I'm really just trying to talk myself into it. The biggest problem I could see right now is it not having an engineer certificate for the change.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fingerling posted:

You're talking about Might Car Mods. And they did do the exact same thing (it's a popular conversion because.. hella sleeper).

I love my E34, but I stupidly got a 530, and it's just.. slow. This would be less-so and... well I'm really just trying to talk myself into it. The biggest problem I could see right now is it not having an engineer certificate for the change.

That's it!

One day I will have a car imported legally from Japan... One day...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

iv46vi posted:

Not sure if gold:

the list goes on

Actual MSMs aren't even worth that much. Hell, you could probably get an MS3 for under 10. Also, the Mazdaspeed Miata was a 1-year special in 2004, and it was turbocharged.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

fingerling posted:

(If it's a manual transmission) Why not just put an M60B40 in it? The engines are identical except for the intake manifold and of course displacement. From what I've read, you can even use your stock computer without reprogramming.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

iv46vi posted:

Not sure if gold:

the list goes on

For that much speed and class? Pure gold.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Throatwarbler posted:

I want to buy that and put an old pickup's body on top of it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What's with the increase in rolling chassis CL adverts? Did I just start noticing them and they've been A Thing for a while, or are they getting to be A Thing since they're so cheap?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tusen Takk posted:

What's with the increase in rolling chassis CL adverts? Did I just start noticing them and they've been A Thing for a while, or are they getting to be A Thing since they're so cheap?

If I was taking a guess, it might be cars that were written off for water/flood damage. The interiors would've been ruined.

i like Ham
Dec 25, 2006

I'm a big fancy business man. Mind if I check you'r prostate?
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3692085243.html

TOKYO DORIFTU!

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Lookit all dem stickers, you know that thing's pushing at least 1500 HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

why would someone go through all the trouble of doing a swap, for a ka24 of all things?