Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK

Seriously... you're not joking on this? Swat units are now wearing ACUs? What the gently caress is wrong with wearing blue or black? What the gently caress!

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

IDR posted:

Seriously... you're not joking on this? Swat units are now wearing ACUs? What the gently caress is wrong with wearing blue or black? What the gently caress!

This is really your first time seeing SWAT wearing camo? I think camo is more popular than one solid color uniforms nowadays. ACU, MARPAT, multicam, woodland, everybody's wearing the poo poo and has been for a while now.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
E: stupid phone app

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The whole "I wish I was really in the military" thing cops keep doing mystifies me, since the military is not a particularly hard thing to get into.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Didn't that picture get posted in TFR and its the congresswoman who got shot in the face?

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Best Friends posted:

since the military is not a particularly hard thing to get into.

Sir, if you could please stop making poo poo up.

Thanks

:colbert:

It's quite hard to get into the military, retard.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Yah one NJP and they are like, no you can't join. Fag.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

Didn't that picture get posted in TFR and its the congresswoman who got shot in the face?

Yes and yes.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

Yep and the gun forums are all like WELL THAT LOOKS LIKE AN ASSAULT WEAPON WITH A 30 ROUND CLIP HO HO HO like getting shot in the brain might not change your perspective on things a tiny bit.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

kathmandu posted:

Yep and the gun forums are all like WELL THAT LOOKS LIKE AN ASSAULT WEAPON WITH A 30 ROUND CLIP HO HO HO like getting shot in the brain might not change your perspective on things a tiny bit.

Yeah, I think it's fair enough for someone to change their mind on on issue after that issue shoots you in the brain.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

Yeah, I think it's fair enough for someone to change their mind on on issue after that issue shoots you in the brain.

That's how I changed my mind on skullfucking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w056fHqGh0Y

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is really your first time seeing SWAT wearing camo? I think camo is more popular than one solid color uniforms nowadays. ACU, MARPAT, multicam, woodland, everybody's wearing the poo poo and has been for a while now.

Let's be careful about calling ACUs camo.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Godholio posted:

"cam·ou·flage 5. (of fabric or clothing) made with or having a mottled design, as that used in military camouflage"

Well it meets that definition in that it has a mottled design like military camouflage

e: it fails the first four definitions though

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Godholio posted:

If anything ACU probably works a lot better for SWAT teams in large cities than it ever did for the army.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

How dare they where the uniforms of my beloved corps!

But for reals, I though black overalls looked tactical as gently caress but if these guys want to play army... fair enough.

e: they're probably at more risk of getting shot than a lot of grunts these days any way.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

double post.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This may interest some of you but the Guardian had a pretty lengthy profile and interview with me on their website today which will also be in tomorrow's paper.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/21/frontroom-blogger-analyses-weapons-syria-frontline

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What is it with non-mil and ACUs? If the mandarin collar isn't up, they tuck in the blouse like a retard.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

IDR posted:

How dare they where the uniforms of my beloved corps!

But for reals, I though black overalls looked tactical as gently caress but if these guys want to play army... fair enough.

e: they're probably at more risk of getting shot than a lot of grunts these days any way.

Yeah, look at these tactical operators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hOn8fCsfE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

This may interest some of you but the Guardian had a pretty lengthy profile and interview with me on their website today which will also be in tomorrow's paper.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/21/frontroom-blogger-analyses-weapons-syria-frontline

Dude that's awesome.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Guardian posted:

What we have learned about Syrian weapons via Brown Moses

I love that they keep using your account name. :allears:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brown Moses posted:

I like the comment about a paid reporter interviewing an unpaid blogger who is doing more important investigative journalism.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The whole thing is pretty much acting as an online resume at the moment, I've already had emails about possible employment, so I might actually get a job out of this.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
And basically what you do is watch youtube videos of stuff blowing up? You win at life.

onezero
Nov 20, 2003

veritas vos liberabit

Brown Moses posted:

The whole thing is pretty much acting as an online resume at the moment, I've already had emails about possible employment, so I might actually get a job out of this.

You drat well deserve it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

DrCuntmuffins posted:

Sir, if you could please stop making poo poo up.

Thanks

:colbert:

It's quite hard to get into the military, retard.

That's odd, I remember there used to waivers for anything, up to and including felony convictions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Madurai posted:

That's odd, I remember there used to waivers for anything, up to and including felony convictions.

They also used to need enough new high school kids to supply two wars.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Godholio posted:

They also used to need enough new high school kids to supply two wars.

Fair enough. And on that note, Cold War awesomeness from Yakovlev!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

You're not 'brown' at all :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Ho Chi Mint posted:

Yeah, look at these tactical operators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hOn8fCsfE

Hahahaha. As hosed up as that situation was, holy loving poo poo!!! Why did so many people fire their weapons?! So many times? Even in Iraq when I freaked the gently caress out during an engagement, muscle memory from all my field problems had me doing a controlled double tap. I thought SWAT is suppose to be like uber elite and poo poo?

Kaliber fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 22, 2013

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1e/Reception-into-the-Army.jpg

Army Chicks dot jay-pig

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

that one on the far right is clearly dying and needs hospice immediately

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Big city and government agency SWAT teams had(have?) high standards, but now every podunk town and sheriff's department has a team, financed by that sweet, sweet DHS money.

Pic Unrelated:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bradass87 posted:

that one on the far right is clearly dying and needs hospice immediately

One next to her looks like her face has been stapled on an alien mask

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Kaliber posted:

Hahahaha. As hosed up as that situation was, holy loving poo poo!!! Why did so many people fire their weapons?! So many times? Even in Iraq when I freaked the gently caress out during an engagement, muscle memory from all my field problems had me doing a controlled double tap. I thought SWAT is suppose to be like uber elite and poo poo?

Sheriff Joe's finest. If the qualifications to be part of his school protection posse is any indication (convicted child molesters and other felons) I'm sure he has very high standards for his SWAT dudes as well.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Fort Jackson reception ITT.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

The one on the far right is clearly on plan K in life. She started out as a bright eyed art major, worked fast good, janitorial, trash, and now she's decided she need health care benefits.

Also canteen flashbacks but arghhh.

Furthermore, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceslice
May 20, 2005
Holy poo poo that gave me a solid 30 second flashback to reception. Man was that an awkward place. "SHH SHHHH STOP TALKING SHHHHH"

• Locked thread