Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe how expensive low mileage RS4's are still. Then again, Audi doesn't seem to have released a similar car since then. Same with low mileage E46 M3s. A quick eBay search showed low mileage 2006 E46 M3s selling at about the same price as low mileage 2008 V8 M3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Paul Boz_ posted:

I told him that my radar detector was stolen and he just rolled his eyes. Baton Rouge has one of the nation's highest murder rates so the police really aren't interested in trying to find private property. It's commonly known here that filing a police report for stolen property (in some cases up to and including cars) is just a formality for insurance claims.

In more positive news my $294 OEM window (gently caress me) is being installed this afternoon. I'd normally do something like this but a friend works in service at the Honda dealership and is doing it for $75. Just way too convenient in this case. I've also got an appointment on Monday to get 5% tint laid down on the sides and back. My top is generally only up when the car is parked so no issues there.

Some jackass smashed the driver's side window in my LGT a few weeks ago, I'm assuming because he thought my phone charger was a GPS charger or something. I don't leave anything in the car at all so I got off pretty lucky (besides the $250 window not covered by insurance) but yeah, people will smash windows even if there's no valuables immediately visible.

My neighborhood is covered in pebbles of safety glass on every street, it's just something you deal with living in a city.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Rhyno posted:

I wish we could send e-beers or something. Beer always makes me feel better.

Yeah they do :).

To be honest the worst part of this whole ordeal was getting the fingerprint powder out of my paint. It took an hour and a half of scrubbing to get it all. I had to laugh that the cop didn't even fingerprint the dash or windshield (for the better I'm sure).

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cyrezar posted:

I can't believe how expensive low mileage RS4's are still. Then again, Audi doesn't seem to have released a similar car since then. Same with low mileage E46 M3s. A quick eBay search showed low mileage 2006 E46 M3s selling at about the same price as low mileage 2008 V8 M3s.

Don't even bother looking in canada. 07 100k km RS4s are still 45 grand. The same car would be high 20s in the states.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Paul Boz_ posted:

Yeah they do :).

To be honest the worst part of this whole ordeal was getting the fingerprint powder out of my paint. It took an hour and a half of scrubbing to get it all. I had to laugh that the cop didn't even fingerprint the dash or windshield (for the better I'm sure).

I can't believe they finger printed anything. Of the three times I've had a car broken in to I only called the cops twice, after the first two. The first time they sent a guy out about 3 hours later, took a statement, asked me what was missing, and gave me a report number that I could get a copy of in 24 hours. Didn't even look at the car. Second time they asked if it happened on the street (it didn't) and if the license plate was taken (it wasn't, but wtf?), and said they won't be sending anyone out but they can provide "evidence of a citizen reported incident" in 7 to 10 days. After that I just didn't even bother calling the third time.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009

Cyrezar posted:

I got a stupid deal on mine, not exactly low mileage @ 59k, but I only paid $31k and I have $8k in equity on the loan.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
My car got fingerprinted and the fingerprint guy told me definitely not to wash it because it would basically glue onto the glass like flour as soon as it got wet.

I forget how he told me to clear it off but it was basically "take a towel to it."

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

shodanjr_gr posted:

You are a beautiful crazy person. The V6 is borderline too fast for me...I have no idea what I'd do with a GT500...

Youre in the wrong forum. :psyduck:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

RapeWhistle posted:

I got a stupid deal on mine, not exactly low mileage @ 59k, but I only paid $31k and I have $8k in equity on the loan.

There are two black RS4s in Minneapolis right now for sale around $37k.

http://www.audiminneapolis.com/used-inventory/index.htm?model=RS+4&make=Audi&

http://www.fiatminneapolis.com/UsedCars/2007_Audi_RS_4_Bloomington_WUARU78E57N900087.aspx
(This one belonged to a friend of mine. He traded it in for a Fiat 500 Abarth. Also has "a couple Ferraris.")

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 22, 2013

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

Lord Gaga posted:

The Mustang V6 has 305 crank horsepower now, so it's not inconceivable. 305 is a lot of power; I've never owned anything with that much power, and I've owned some pretty fast cars.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

You always get used to how much power you have and it starts feeling normal and slow. I'm fairly bored with 500+ horsepower.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Paul Boz_ posted:

gently caress thieves, that is all.

Never thought I'd be robbed where I work. My office building is in an affluent part of town with tons of through traffic and lots of activity by co-workers in the lot. Smash and grabbed my V1. I take my radar detector down literally everywhere BUT work. That's what I get for parking on the end of a row.

Well that certainly sucks, but look at it on the bright side; at least they didn't cut your roof open.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

tayLOVE posted:

crappy iphone pic, but here's my 04 FXT, I don't think I've posted it here...

Watch out for motorcycles dude!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

wallaka posted:

You always get used to how much power you have and it starts feeling normal and slow. I'm fairly bored with 500+ horsepower.

7 years in a Miata and it's nearly bone stock.

I keep things interesting by not slowing down for corners. Power isn't everything. ;)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I forget how he told me to clear it off but it was basically "take a towel to it."
That fuzzy As Seen on TV featherduster would probably work, right??

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

wallaka posted:

Yeah, 550hp feels normal after a couple of years of driving it. I try to minimize this factor by not driving the Shelby too often. I usually just drive my TSX or whatever other daily car I have, and keep the Shelby for "special" occasions.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Forgive the small pictures, but I am using the CL ad pics. Just bought this for my wife: 2001 Integra LS, 100k miles, all stock, NO RUST. Automatic, but she is just going to use it to commute, a straight 20-minute highway drive. It's filthy because it's been sitting since October (kid moved out of state, dad got the OK to sell his car) but it drove solidly. I plan on doing a timing belt ASAP and maybe a fresh set of tires, then leaving it alone forever.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Lord Gaga posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate a 500+ HP monster. My point is that there i'd have no place to actually enjoy the drat thing in the middle of Long Island (or any of the other places I've lived at recently).

shodanjr_gr fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 23, 2013

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

shodanjr_gr posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate a 500+ HP monster. My point is that there i'd have no place to actually enjoy the drat thing in the middle of Long Island (or any of the other places I've lived at recently).

They have on ramps all over long island and up until the hurricane closed half of it there was always ocean parkway if you really wanted to wring your motor out.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

shodanjr_gr posted:

Apparently people there have figured out how to enjoy them as I saw more exotics/super cars per normal car out there than any place else I've been, even LA.

Driving through Huntington I was once sandwiched in by two Bentley GTs. The dude in one of them was smoking a cigar.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Trans Ferdinand posted:

The Mustang V6 has 305 crank horsepower now, so it's not inconceivable. 305 is a lot of power; I've never owned anything with that much power, and I've owned some pretty fast cars.

Its a mid 14 second car that doesnt handle particularly well.*

*unless the car was provided by Ford for a 1/4 mile test driven by a professional driver

EDIT: I feel like I should add that I drove a convertable one that my mom rented and it was pedestrian as poo poo. Would never own one...though I'd say I'm very likely to buy a stick GT with factory 3.73s.

Lord Gaga fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 23, 2013

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

Trans Ferdinand posted:

I've got 430 to the wheels (in a car that's a lot lighter than yours) and I'm bored with it. It's getting supercharged next month so I won't be bored for much longer, after I make 600 to the wheels.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Forgive the small pictures, but I am using the CL ad pics. Just bought this for my wife: 2001 Integra LS, 100k miles, all stock, NO RUST. Automatic, but she is just going to use it to commute, a straight 20-minute highway drive. It's filthy because it's been sitting since October (kid moved out of state, dad got the OK to sell his car) but it drove solidly. I plan on doing a timing belt ASAP and maybe a fresh set of tires, then leaving it alone forever.

Get LoJack or something, even with the crappy engine and transmission, its an easy steal and the interior looks nice.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Dizman posted:

I've got 430 to the wheels (in a car that's a lot lighter than yours) and I'm bored with it. It's getting supercharged next month so I won't be bored for much longer, after I make 600 to the wheels.

Then you'll get bored again and sell it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My mom has one just like this if a few years older. It's about ready to click off 200k miles and has been ridiculously reliable. Even when it does I'll still pester her about selling it to me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

meatpimp posted:

Then you'll get bored again and sell it.

Engine swap.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Maker Of Shoes posted:

My mom has one just like this if a few years older. It's about ready to click off 200k miles and has been ridiculously reliable. Even when it does I'll still pester her about selling it to me.

I have been wanting a third-gen Integra since I was a teen and they were new in the 90's. I really really really would have liked to have found a GS-R, but I was specifically looking for something all stock, and for a highway commuter car, this is perfect. The wife and I will probably swap back and forth between this and the TSX as need be. I must be getting old when an automatic Integra is exciting me.

My mom has kind of the opposite idea about her older Honda compared to your mom: my mom's '96 Civic sedan has right around 67k miles, and she has owned it since basically new. She's been saying for years that she's going to give it to me. She is religious about maintenance, she even had the timing belt done at 40k because it had been 10 years. It even sits in an insulated garage in Florida.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Chinatown posted:

Engine swap.

It's mostly downhill from a supercharged LS.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
So I bought a new thing. I apologize for the hipster photos, all I have right now.

Big change from my 135i, but I'm loving it, even with all the fixing little things I've had to do in the week I've owned it, including the future fixing of whatever starting rattling like a sumbitch on my mountain drive today. It's a completely different animal and it's so much fun.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

omgitstheinternet posted:

So I bought a new thing.

That's a nice thing.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

including the future fixing of whatever starting rattling like a sumbitch on my mountain drive today.

From my experience with Revelations' Elise, that will never stop, its part of the "charm."

MEsean
Aug 29, 2003

Hello. Here is a picture of my car that I took this morning.

300zx by sean.kruse.10, on Flickr

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

MEsean posted:

Hello. Here is a picture of my car that I took this morning.

300zx by sean.kruse.10, on Flickr

Sharp looking image! How did you find your way down to the riverbank like that (presuming that is the St. Johns Bridge in the background.)

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes
Got to spend a few days with her... now the long wait :(

...here she is at drop off (and with the comp. wheels back on... grrr German winters):

doogle
May 24, 2003

King-Kong posted:

...here she is at drop off (and with the comp. wheels back on... grrr German winters):

What wheels are those in the first picture?

MEsean
Aug 29, 2003

thealphabetsez posted:

Sharp looking image! How did you find your way down to the riverbank like that (presuming that is the St. Johns Bridge in the background.)

There's a couple parking lots right next to Cathedral Park where you can launch your boat from. Also I live across the street from there and a few streets from the river.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
put gold wheels on the Subaru. The photo perspective makes them look a little small in the wheel well but they're OEM size

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows

King-Kong posted:

Beautiful car! How long is the transit time on receiving the car when you do the european delivery?

King-Kong
Oct 15, 2003
Leader of the Apes

doogle posted:

What wheels are those in the first picture?

To be honest, I'm not sure. German law requires the use of winter tires during... well.. winter, so for pickup I had to use this company to place them on: http://www.edwintertires.com/

...they had the ///////////m logo on them, however, so they are a part of that line. I'm sure some catalog somewhere has them listed.

Beautiful car! How long is the transit time on receiving the car when you do the european delivery?

Since I am also doing performance center delivery, it looks like it will be ~2 months until I am reunited.

I originally placed my order in January, so this has been an exercise in patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doogle
May 24, 2003

King-Kong posted:

To be honest, I'm not sure. German law requires the use of winter tires during... well.. winter, so for pickup I had to use this company to place them on: http://www.edwintertires.com/

...they had the ///////////m logo on them, however, so they are a part of that line. I'm sure some catalog somewhere has them listed.

Since I am also doing performance center delivery, it looks like it will be ~2 months until I am reunited.

I originally placed my order in January, so this has been an exercise in patience.

I ordered my 135 in September '09, it was built in November '09, I picked it up at the factory and they let me drive another 135 around the track for a few hours then I drove around Germany for about 2 weeks. I dropped it off at the port on 21 November 2009 and received it 20 January 2010. The worst part about the wait was it was in the country for 2-3 weeks before it cleared customs. Hopefully yours goes quicker.