Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I got held overnight due to a flight delay enroute to BCT so myself and another guy wound up getting dropped off in front of reception by a taxi. No Drill Sergeant to scream at us, just some fat, lovely looking SPC who literally had a giant ketchup stain on his ratty ACUs to inprocess us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Listen we've got our ACUs and been here two days. WE KNOW HOW THIS WORKS!

We didn't get yelled at off the bus either. Just some quiet DS got us to fill out paperwork, eat a Jimmy Dean, and get PTs.

Anyone here worked in a BCT company?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW
The recruit hierarchy was pretty funny. Dudes with their dogtags that thought they were better than the dudes that hadn't gotten theirs yet and flashing their tags at them, and the dudes that got their BDUs acting like they were better than the dog tag dudes.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

The recruit hierarchy was pretty funny. Dudes with their dogtags that thought they were better than the dudes that hadn't gotten theirs yet, and the dudes that got their BDUs acting like they were better than the dog tag dudes.

hahaha, yeah that sounds about how navy boot was too. pretty funny to think about now.

the only seniority i didnt want was wearing BCGs :(

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

genderstomper58 posted:

hahaha, yeah that sounds about how navy boot was too. pretty funny to think about now.

That smugness when you traded the recruit hat for a navy one

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

MRC48B posted:

Big city and government agency SWAT teams had(have?) high standards, but now every podunk town and sheriff's department has a team, financed by that sweet, sweet DHS money.

Pic Unrelated:

Superior single seat version:

Ka-50=most badass helicopter ever built

inferior DIA concept art

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 22, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Snowdens Secret posted:

That smugness when you traded the recruit hat for a navy one

haha i was so proud :3:

still have my recruit hat btw, owns

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

genderstomper58 posted:

They didn't let you pick glasses? I had perfectly normal ones.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

They didn't let you pick glasses? I had perfectly normal ones.

The gently caress? No, only BCGs.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

The gently caress? No, only BCGs.

I was at Sill in 07 and had a choice of about 15 frames.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
redacted.

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Mar 22, 2013

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

The recruit hierarchy was pretty funny. Dudes with their dogtags that thought they were better than the dudes that hadn't gotten theirs yet and flashing their tags at them, and the dudes that got their BDUs acting like they were better than the dog tag dudes.

Basic was the best for that. In Canadian basic you get a number deepening on what week you are on, from 1-12 then a G on grad week. You also dont get your cap badge till week 4 so you look like a retard with just a beret on and no cap badge. It was also so funny the guys who were on PAT or fat camp thinking they ran the show cause they have been here for 3+ months. Or the guys in the halls saying " quit now, its not worth it" to the new guys who didnt have combats.Some days I miss basic.

Fraser CDN fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 22, 2013

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

brownie w/ a browning

close thread

goldmine

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
That's a loving Blackie with a DShK.

bradass87
Mar 4, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

That's a loving Blackie with a DShK.

hey man

thats racist

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The goat peeking around the back really makes that photo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

This is a great video from Syria, various things made from the remains of bombs, bullets, and shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28d1-AgGOW0

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Where do I order my mortar phone

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

In all seriousness, though, where was this from?

V Thanks, I'll add that to the ol' list of things to build as dioramas. Anyone have an ID for the tank type, my Soviet/Chinese skills aren't that great.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 22, 2013

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
The Congo apparently. Mobile rations I guess.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Brown Moses posted:

This is a great video from Syria, various things made from the remains of bombs, bullets, and shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28d1-AgGOW0

To Bashar the son of Ansia the despicable "Send us around 200 rockets as we have a huge demand of firewood stoves".

iceslice
May 20, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The goat peeking around the back really makes that photo.

I'm not a big meme person, but the only way to describe my reaction after reading what you posted and then scrolling back up is "Can no unsee!" Awesome.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

HOLY poo poo, second to end on the far right, I saw her around Ft. Gordon in AIT. She had ear gills; whenever people talk about the Innsmouth look, I imagined her.

I'm not joking, she had cartilage that went from the top of the ear, down to her shoulders, and terrible slouching posture.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
Going back through 30th AG on Benning a few years ago totally blew my mind. Everything was exactly the same as it was in '02 from the silent rows of bald privates on benches upstairs to the bald privates talking poo poo while waiting for CIF in the basement. Sitting next to those kids was pretty funny once they figured out we weren't new. One kid asked why we were there and some guy made up this elaborate story about how we were with some special unit just back from a deployment and we come through 30th AG to get new uniforms. They seemed to believe every word of it and I like to think that once they got to their units there were some "one time, in basic training" stories being told about the time they were hanging out with some no poo poo hardcore operators waiting on CIF.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pretty sweet Coast Guard combination gun from Vietnam. I wish they would bring this back.

and some info:

http://pcf45.com/misfire/mortar.html

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Pretty sweet Coast Guard combination gun from Vietnam. I wish they would bring this back.

and some info:

http://pcf45.com/misfire/mortar.html

It would double the firepower of the LCS!

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
May as well crosspost this from the AF thread. My unit decided the Harlem Shake was a cool thing (I'm not in the video, thank God)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_yvpYzOow

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

RichieHimself posted:

Going back through 30th AG on Benning a few years ago totally blew my mind. Everything was exactly the same as it was in '02 from the silent rows of bald privates on benches upstairs to the bald privates talking poo poo while waiting for CIF in the basement. Sitting next to those kids was pretty funny once they figured out we weren't new. One kid asked why we were there and some guy made up this elaborate story about how we were with some special unit just back from a deployment and we come through 30th AG to get new uniforms. They seemed to believe every word of it and I like to think that once they got to their units there were some "one time, in basic training" stories being told about the time they were hanging out with some no poo poo hardcore operators waiting on CIF.

30th AG was probably the worst time I had in the army. At least in other places you know that the bullshit is actually happening for some reason. So much meaningless poo poo that did not need to be that annoying.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

My Cobra waifu~~~

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Wasabi the J posted:

HOLY poo poo, second to end on the far right, I saw her around Ft. Gordon in AIT. She had ear gills; whenever people talk about the Innsmouth look, I imagined her.

I'm not joking, she had cartilage that went from the top of the ear, down to her shoulders, and terrible slouching posture.

She was in my company for a few years. I never met her, but the minute you said eargills I had to look and sure enough it's her.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Red87 posted:

She was in my company for a few years. I never met her, but the minute you said eargills I had to look and sure enough it's her.
I'm having a hard time imagining what that even looks like.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm having a hard time imagining what that even looks like.

Like, a ridge of cartilage/skin behind the ears that runs vaguely along the line down her hairline; it protruded enough that it was very noticeable from a distance, and it reversed the normal front view of "head is bigger than neck".

She looked like a Klingon hosed a fish, so the gills took on the ridges texture on her neck.

I really feel lovely being so fixated on her looks, but she was really otherworldly looking.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Like, a ridge of cartilage/skin behind the ears that runs vaguely along the line down her hairline; it protruded enough that it was very noticeable from a distance, and it reversed the normal front view of "head is bigger than neck".

She looked like a Klingon hosed a fish, so the gills took on the ridges texture on her neck.

I really feel lovely being so fixated on her looks, but she was really otherworldly looking.

Sounds like a webbed neck, which is seen in a few congenital diseases and is also occasionally a sign of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011

Red Crown posted:

My Cobra waifu~~~

This is the JSDF's latest recruitment poster. Really

Also, Thunderbirds is awesome.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

hailthefish posted:

Sounds like a webbed neck, which is seen in a few congenital diseases and is also occasionally a sign of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

That's gotta be what it was. Definitely the same look. To boot, her hair went up to the web's edge on one side, but not the other, so it was highlighted.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

New thread (sub)title found

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

In all seriousness, though, where was this from?

V Thanks, I'll add that to the ol' list of things to build as dioramas. Anyone have an ID for the tank type, my Soviet/Chinese skills aren't that great.

T-54 most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Nine of Eight posted:

T-54 most likely.

That or a Chinese Type-59, which is pretty much a clone. Not a baseline variant though what with that IR searchlight. Jane's and ISS say both types are in service in the DRC, around 20 each.

• Locked thread