Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

It kind of is, with the key difference being that there are no rival gangsters to worry about. You can just sit back and do the strategic parts at your leisure without having to worry about any enemies or anything in the game at all giving you a hard time, there's no risk of failure. The only way to lose is when your heat raises too high, the police start an investigation, and you have a few options of dealing with it. If you have $500 (not hard to do if you're careful) you can just bribe them and the heat level resets to zero. Or if you have certain assets on the map, you can burn those for a one-time "get out of jail free" card type of deal. Or if you have none of them, you play a tactical battle, and if you lose, it's game over.

But that's it really. As long as you remember to keep bribe money on hand, there's no real risk ever. It is fun for a little while, but it's hard to play for long periods of time without getting bored.
Well, you just saved me from blowing 20 bucks on it during the next Steam sale, so thanks for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Anything that can make Sword of the Stars: The Pit more friendly? I don't mean its super hard, I just have no idea about how to level up or anything.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I've played about 2 hours of Terraria now and I still have no idea what I'm doing apart from making random objects and digging deep deep holes in vain attempts to find metals.

How the heck do I play this game?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RillAkBea posted:

I've played about 2 hours of Terraria now and I still have no idea what I'm doing apart from making random objects and digging deep deep holes in vain attempts to find metals.

Sounds like you're playing it right.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

RillAkBea posted:

That's a pretty good way to start, honestly. I'd make sure to build some sort of housing just to keep you safe at night and give you a place to store things. The most confusing thing about house-building are "walls", which in the game's language are tiles that get placed behind the plane of the character. So chop down a few trees, craft some of them into Wood Walls with the Workbench, and then use the regular wood to make a frame (box) for your house and then tile the Wood Walls in the empty space within the box.

There's some wiki entries for the game already too, they're good. The version of the game that's coming to consoles in the near future has a tutorial, but I couldn't find it on Youtube. Maybe try looking that up?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

RillAkBea posted:

Your best bet is to play co-op with a friend who knows enough to give you guidance but is willing to let you take the lead. Failing that, read on.

The Guide is helpful. Remember to ask him for advice and check to see what you can craft.

Getting started, after you establish a base of operations, focus on upgrading your equipment. Underground you can find copper, iron, silver and gold ores, each of which can make progressively more powerful weapons and armor. Your immediate goal is to collect enough gear that you can comfortably operate outside at night (you'll need to face much worse before too much longer) and you also need to find a specific item that certain monsters drop: a hook.

The way you're supposed to get a hook is to get down to the Cavern layer (the background and music changes to let you know you're deep enough)--whether through following cave systems, digging or some combination thereof--and killing lots of skeletons. That method gets you access to plenty of good ore and a steady supply of explosives, which you'll be grateful for later. Alternately, you can try to find a jungle on the surface and kill piranhas: it's a little faster to just get the hook, but you won't get the other stuff the underground has to offer.

Also, NPCs are helpful. Make sure each NPC has his or her own living area (the house on the right side of the inventory menu can be used to find out if an area is suitable) and keep an additional empty area for new NPCs to move into.

If you want to be spoiled, a list of your long-term goals are:

1. Get at least iron armor and a silver broadsword. Additionally, try to find at least 5 crystal hearts and make a grappling hook.
  2. Fight the Eye of Cthulhu by summoning it a Suspicious Eye.
  3. Use the Dryad's cleansing powder to get to the Shadow Orbs in the corruption. Break one to cause a meteor strike.
  4. Mine out the meteor, make a phaseblade and whatever else strikes your fancy.
  5. Break two more shadow orbs, kill the Eater of Worlds. You may need to kill it multiple times to get enough materials for the equipment you want.
  6. Around now you should have to fight the Goblin Army. Afterwards, you'll be able to find and rescue a goblin NPC, who sells you the almighty rocket boots.
  7. Either explore the Underground Jungle (accessible through the surface jungle) or gain entry to the Dungeon (the old man can spawn the boss that acts as gatekeeper).
  8. Do whichever you didn't do above.
  9. Bring several gold keys and a shadow key out of the dungeon. Find the floating islands and reap their rewards.
  10. With your wealth of powerful equipment, dig down until you reach Hell. Loot the place for cool equipment and hellstone.
  11. Make Molten gear. Revel in your power.
  12. Drop a Guide Doll into the magma in Hell. Fight the Wall of Flesh.
  13. Hardmode starts here. The Pwnhammer makes more hardmode ore spawn, the rest you can figure out.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Miasmata? I'm thinking of picking it up in the indie sale on Steam.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Picked up star control 2 from a GOG sale. Anything for that apart from what's already in the wiki?

Or 3 for that matter, I bought that too.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 23, 2013

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Ainsley McTree posted:

Picked up star control 2 from a GOG sale. Anything for that apart from what's already in the wiki?

- Your GOG copy does not have the Ur-Quan Masters moniker for a reason. The remake may be a better fit to actually play.
- Take some goddamn notes! You don't have a quest log or an auto-scribe.
- Once you have a little more mobility under your belt from strip-mining the nearby systems, look for planets with life. Shoot the critters with your pew-pew stunner and take them to Alpha Centauri. The lander upgrades are invaluable for invading the richer, more hostile planets.
- Don't bother with slavery.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Single Daktaklakpak ships like to stick to moons/planets that have a precursor artifact on them. It's very important not to rely on any one race for colonizing new worlds, things can happen in the plot that can gently caress over certain races that I can't go into more without heavy spoilers. Also, while the game may appear to be a wargame/4x, it's really more an adventure game, don't be overly concerned with claiming/defending territory and the like.

It's not nearly as good as SC2, but some of the new races and voices for the old races are cool.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

C-Euro posted:

-Terraria-

Male Man posted:

-Terraria-

Thanks guys. I feel a little better playing the game now knowing that at least my vague fumblings are what I'm supposed to be doing.

Still haven't found a darn hook yet though!

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I wanted to add a page for Farming Simulator 2013 but I don't have access to create an account.

How would I go about this? Or would someone rather do it for me:

And then I read the help page and followed the instructions.

Anyway, here's what this thread has to say about Farming Simulator 2013

Captain Novolin posted:

Sell your canola early, it's a good way to get a cash boost

Other than that, hold on to your crops for "great harvests", where the buying price doubles.

Bee houses/solar panels/wind generators are free money, and it's very possible to [url=]game the system[/url] with them

Turn timescale/grown to fastest/high while you wait for things to grow, then slowest/low when you harvest so you don't have to wait forever and don't have your grain die on the stem.

Just stick with wheat/barley to start, canola works out to about the same price and potatoes/sugar beets require a TON of equipment.

There's a bunch of lovely tractors hiding around the map to show you where important things are. Use Tab to find them, and then go sell them for some extra starting money

Use the yellow starting tractor with the heaviest front weight (or better yet, just buy a better tractor) with the sprayer. Otherwise it will tip over and be a pain in the rear end.

If you reset the vehicles the extra tractors and some free golf karts will show up at your farm.

Golf Karts go twice as fast in reverse.

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

The corn extruders you start out with are woefully inefficient. Your first priority should be upgrading them to titanium.

You'll be tempted to fill your entire lot with winter squash. While winter squash does have a reassuringly low mutation rate, this is a shortsighted use of grid space. Instead, consider christmas trees.

If you have a problem with unruly pigs, make sure other animals aren't accidentally getting caught in the grain processor. After feeding pigs, examine the trough for inedible animal parts such as bones or feathers.

Not keeping your stables clean will likely result in more horse abscesses than you're equipped to handle. While lancing is a quick and relatively easy method to treat an abscess, it will severely demoralize your horses.

Hay is practically useless. I'm not even sure why it's in the game.

Rival farmers getting too much attention at the farmer's market? Don't be afraid to put some heat on the competition. Be creative.

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 23, 2013

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

AnimalChin posted:

I wanted to add a page for Farming Simulator 2013 but I don't have access to create an account.

How would I go about this? Or would someone rather do it for me:

And then I read the help page and followed the instructions.

Anyway, here's what this thread has to say about Farming Simulator 2013

Again, while I'm pretty sure Captain Novolin's post is legitimate, I think all of Hanks Lust Cafe's tips are jokes, so you'd better off not adding that to the wiki.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I hadn't started playing it yet but now that I have they're pretty funny.

I fixed the wiki.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone have any advice for Final Fantasy XIII? So far it seems like it's not going to be super difficult, but I don't know if there are any secret things I need to jump through 80 hoops to get, or that I could miss forever by opening one stupid chest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Anyone have any advice for Final Fantasy XIII? So far it seems like it's not going to be super difficult, but I don't know if there are any secret things I need to jump through 80 hoops to get, or that I could miss forever by opening one stupid chest.

FFXIII is basically nothing but unmissables. You could in theory waste time by upgrading post-game sub-optimal weapons and equipment but the main game is easy enough that it won't matter in the least.

Basic Tips
  • Until your party fights the first boss and is thrown onto the ice area battles have no value and you earn nothing for completing them
  • The above should be an indication of how slowly FFXIII doles out new gameplay features for you to use. You will not have full, final control of your party until you reach Pulse and start seeing side-mission markers which is between 20 and 24 hours into the game. Even more hilariously the game doesn't give you the last of the crystarium until you beat the final boss.
  • On the note of side-missions, they're entirely optional and doing a lot of them will make the final stretch of the game a hefty joke. Many however, are out of your league until post-game. Mission 14 gives you a Chocobo for completing it.
  • Libra is king, as casting it twice will tell you the weaknesses to Esper fights and in regular bossfights it will prevent your AI from wasting time casting debuffs it is immune to
  • Sazh is just flat out worse than every other character in every aspect except that he gets the spell haste first. When you have full party control dump him straight to the bin.
  • Debuffs are actually really, really good in this game. The final boss is susceptible to several of them. Don't think you can get away without using a Saboteur.
  • When building up guage you'll want a Com character as it slows the depletion of the guage, so for most boss fights you'll be managing a Com+whatever two other classes you need. Once its full switch to Rav/Rav/Rav and just burn through the bonus damage for all its worth.
  • If you're curious as to why the plot doesn't make sense at all you need to understand that the pre-rendered cutscenes were designed first with no regard for how they would fit into the story and the ending wasn't decided on until the lead producer saw the games logo.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

When building up guage you'll want a Com character as it slows the depletion of the guage, so for most boss fights you'll be managing a Com+whatever two other classes you need. Once its full switch to Rav/Rav/Rav and just burn through the bonus damage for all its worth.

Completely unmentioned in the game itself, but Saboteurs share the ability to slow gauge depletion. They don't spread that effect to the whole party like a commando does, but if you're in a boss fight or otherwise focusing on one enemy's gauge at a time, SABs can be substituted for COMs to give you a bit more flexibility in your paradigms.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DannyTanner posted:

Even if you are good at third person shooters, I'd recommend playing Spec Ops on easy any way just because how tedious it gets.

I enjoyed the gameplay actually, but agree that you won't miss anything by setting it to easy the moment you hit a frustrating battle. Changing up the weapons is also a good idea, they play quite differently.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 24, 2013

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

• If you're curious as to why the plot doesn't make sense at all you need to understand that the pre-rendered cutscenes were designed first with no regard for how they would fit into the story and the ending wasn't decided on until the lead producer saw the games logo.

:stare:

I can't tell if you're joking or not given the batshit retarded things SE does these days.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I didn't think the plot was that disjointed. Batshit insane and ridiculous, sure, especially the cutscenes, but in the end I was expecting far, far worse. Actually ended up rather liking the game, just don't expect it to be profound in any way.

Barudak posted:

• Libra is king, as casting it twice will tell you the weaknesses to Esper fights and in regular bossfights it will prevent your AI from wasting time casting debuffs it is immune to
I'd go one further: Eidolon fights are bullshit, open a guide when you hit one and have it tell you exactly what to do. There's not even much strategy to them if you don't.

Don't sweat it with upgrading your equipment. For one, you will not fully upgrade even just one weapon unless you do the whole post-game grinding for items thing. For just playing through the game, pick one weapon for each character and keep upgrading that using the items you get while playing normally. It's not wrong to just stick with each character's starting weapon but you can check a guide for advice on which weapon might be particularly good for each character.

Upgrading itself seems really complex at first but in a nutshell: organic components give low XP, but increase the multplier, technological components give high XP but lower the multiplier. Effective upgrading happens by dumping organic components on an item until you have a 3x multplier, then dumping a bunch of technological components on it all at once. You may need to take a look at the upgrading menus themselves to fully understand that, I certainly did.

monkeymagic
Aug 10, 2004
He is Trampling the Unrighteous with Hooves of Hot Iron
Any suggestions for Dead Space 3? I'm planning on playing single player only first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

monkeymagic posted:

Any suggestions for Dead Space 3? I'm planning on playing single player only first.
A couple of things that can help:

- Make sure you always have a Line Gun amongst your weapons - It never stops being useful.

- Try and craft a pair of Elite Heavy Frames once you've got some basic weapon parts - they have a good balance of stats, and they let you slot 4 upgrade chips onto each of the weapon's tools for a total of 8.

- The Telemetry Spike Engine makes weapons that have the same basic types as the Military Engine (machine gun, shotgun, etc), only far more effective. The Chaingun has far more ammo than an assault rifle, and the rivet shotgun does nasty damage at close range.

- Experiment with your guns. Some combinations produce wildly varying effects, and there's no penalty for experimentation due to the Universal Ammo.

- Upgrade Chips are removable and reusable, so don't worry too much about if they might be locked to that frame or anything.

- Keep your scavenger bots busy - deploy them again as soon as they return so you get as many materials as possible

- Make sure you AlWAYS have one tungsten bar in your inventory, and make one if you don't. You'll never encounter more than one door that uses them between benches (they essentially replace power node doors).

- Don't be afraid to go off the indicated route - there's a few side missions to find, as well as hidden weapon parts and collectibles tucked away.

- It's not readily explained unless you go looking for it, but Ration Seals let you buy the resource DLC packs without spending money. 30 Seals for the Basic, 60 for the Ultra.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

You should be playing the upgraded, open-source version The Ur-Quan Masters rather than the original release.

DownTheWell
Apr 19, 2007

Prosecute

Barudak posted:

FFXIII is basically nothing but unmissables. You could in theory waste time by upgrading post-game sub-optimal weapons and equipment but the main game is easy enough that it won't matter in the least.

Basic Tips
  • When building up guage you'll want a Com character as it slows the depletion of the guage, so for most boss fights you'll be managing a Com+whatever two other classes you need. Once its full switch to Rav/Rav/Rav and just burn through the bonus damage for all its worth.

You actually want to switch to COM/COM/COM when the stagger gauge is full, as Commandos do way more single-target damage than Ravagers. Also, pay attention to the tutorials. A lot of people give the game's battle system a hard time because they skipped the tutorials and went through the game without knowing how to use it. If battles seem slow to you, use your paradigms more or switch them up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A couple of things that can help:

- Make sure you always have a Line Gun amongst your weapons - It never stops being useful.

- The Telemetry Spike Engine makes weapons that have the same basic types as the Military Engine (machine gun, shotgun, etc), only far more effective. The Chaingun has far more ammo than an assault rifle, and the rivet shotgun does nasty damage at close range.

I disagree with these two points. I never found the Line gun to be worth a slot, when I could use a Shotgun/Force Gun combo, and a Chain Gun/Force gun combo. I found the regular shotgun to be way better at vaporizing necromorph limbs than the spike version, though I agree the Chain Gun is way better than a machine gun. The force gun does basically no damage, but it's incredibly useful for getting enemies away from you.

But yeah, just experiment since you get so many resources by the end anyway.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 24, 2013

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks for the FFXIII advice; I'm really sad Sazh is so terrible, since he seems like the most tolerable character so far.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

There's a little bit on the wiki already, but does anybody have any more advice for Civlization 5?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Already a couple missions deep but hook me up with info for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

DownTheWell posted:

You actually want to switch to COM/COM/COM when the stagger gauge is full, as Commandos do way more single-target damage than Ravagers. Also, pay attention to the tutorials. A lot of people give the game's battle system a hard time because they skipped the tutorials and went through the game without knowing how to use it. If battles seem slow to you, use your paradigms more or switch them up.

I've only got this third-hand, but isn't there something weird and unexplained where switching paradigms every so many seconds immediately fills your action bar?

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Male Man posted:

I've only got this third-hand, but isn't there something weird and unexplained where switching paradigms every so many seconds immediately fills your action bar?

I know in XIII-2 you can switch paradigms after the first to get a full bar, then every other full charge after that.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah, your first switch at the start of the fight results in a full bar, then if you let the bar refill fully, your next switch is fully charged for the whole party - abuse this liberally to get past tougher fights (it also makes combat a lot more interactive, since you'll be swapping basically nonstop).

There's other trickiness you can get up to by switching while in midair from a launch because it won't trigger the first time full switch animation, but that's not really needed for basic play.

Only other tip I can think of offhand: Don't waste materials upgrading weapons until chapter 11. Until that point, just upgrade whatever accessories look good to you. Weapons take wayyyyyyy too much material to level efficiently until then, and you don't need them upgraded in any case.

Also one of Sazh's special abilities (Blitz?) is very powerful against *large* targets because it'll multi hit on them really hard.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a way to make the cars in Driver San Fransisco easier to control? (I'm not even sure what the proper term for a google search would be) I tried to introduce the game to my parents, but they can't get over how the car in the starting segment swerves wildly at the lightest touch.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaggins posted:

There's a little bit on the wiki already, but does anybody have any more advice for Civlization 5?

You'll want the Gods and Kings expansion, it improves the base game immensely and just about all advice you'll get will assume you've picked it up. There's a Gold Edition upgrade on the Steam page that'll get you the expansion plus all the DLC that's been released so far which is a fantastic value.

Other than that, this is a great guide for all the various civs you can pick and this is a very effective opening if you need someplace to start.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Arcturas posted:

Thanks for the FFXIII advice; I'm really sad Sazh is so terrible, since he seems like the most tolerable character so far.

As victrix mentioned, Sazh actually does have one very specific use. When he uses Blitz, he does a sweeping shooting action, and every one of those shots can actually land. So against smaller enemies, you're better off using one of the other Commandos, but against something huge, Sazh can outdamage them because almost all of his shots will actually land. Plus, Haste is amazing, and Hope doesn't get it until Chapter 9 or 10 if I remember correctly, so you're absolutely justified in using him for a while if you want.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mayor McCheese posted:

:stare:

I can't tell if you're joking or not given the batshit retarded things SE does these days.

Not a joke. Its why one of the main villains who you killed earlier is in a later cutscene in the crowd and why Lightning's antigravity craps out 5 seconds into the game and then magically works again at the very end when you get to the other cutscene they showed off using it.

I wish Sazh were a better character, he's the only likeable person in the bunch.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Artix posted:

Plus, Haste is amazing, and Hope doesn't get it until Chapter 9 or 10 if I remember correctly, so you're absolutely justified in using him for a while if you want.

12, Fang can actually get it before Hope if you develop her Synergist enough though it's probably not worth all those points pre-Growth Egg. Though you can technically grab it and and go do other sidequests before making the area switch.

That said, Haste is literally so good in this game that once you get the option to choose whoever you want, Sazh should never leave the party for any reason short of a battle where you're using Shrouds until you get someone else who can use Haste. Haste is really that good.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'd go one further: Eidolon fights are bullshit, open a guide when you hit one and have it tell you exactly what to do. There's not even much strategy to them if you don't.
Eidolon's always respond to essentially two things. First is chaining, whether that chain is maintained or not ie. don't bother with Commandos at all. Second is more broad in that it's essentially using any of that leader's primary roles other than Commando and Ravager. This generally isn't as good as chaining just because of how easily the chain builds up, but it's there and it can help.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barudak posted:

If you're curious as to why the plot doesn't make sense at all you need to understand that the pre-rendered cutscenes were designed first with no regard for how they would fit into the story and the ending wasn't decided on until the lead producer saw the games logo.

This explains so much about that game :magical:.

Anything I should about The Darkness 2? Seems a pretty straightforward game, but I just want to know if there's any particular power trees worth focusing on or any good ways to rack up points I should know about.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Anything special I should know about going from Shogun 2 to Fall of the Samurai expansion? Both single and multiplayer

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anything I should about The Darkness 2? Seems a pretty straightforward game, but I just want to know if there's any particular power trees worth focusing on or any good ways to rack up points I should know about.

It's pretty simple, but the "click to pump the shotgun" skill is ridiculously good and makes the shotguns a powerhouse even at range, and fire faster. Make sure to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Skilleddk posted:

Anything special I should know about going from Shogun 2 to Fall of the Samurai expansion? Both single and multiplayer

I can't speak for single player, but regarding multiplayer:

Veterans and their upgrades aren't as vital as they are in vanilla Shogun 2 - most of the time, more guns are better than experienced guns.

Free-aiming your artillery allows you to go over the maximum range. Great for sniping generals or artillery pieces just outside your range.

Revolver Cavalry can fire into melee if you order them to do so. They can destroy Yari-wielding cavalry units that way.

Black Tortoise veterans with just one point on Reload (to get the innate-to-veterans Fatigue Resistance) are excellent filler.

White Bears and Black Bears are great line infantry.

Always place your avatar castle in the province that gives you Red Bears - don't even bother with White Tiger Force.

Marines are great, but they are the FOTS equivalent of "hero units".

Try to spread your line infantry in three or two ranks deep.

Don't even try naval battles till you get the Kotetsu Ironclad. Torpedoes, Armoured Corvettes and Ironclads are really important in multiplayer. Use Explosive Shot whenever you face wooden ships. If you get lucky, a straight shot to the sides of a shot may blow it up.

There's a bunch more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Azran fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 25, 2013