Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The arcade game that they put behind his desk in the office where he does the challenges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

The arcade game that they put behind his desk in the office where he does the challenges?

That's Piccadilly Circus and while he's played it a few times in trips it isn't the most common game. It has appeared in the most episodes, though, since it has been in the background of everything from the end of season 14 onward.

It's also not Metal Slug. Metal Slug is the most common series that Arino has played but it's spread across six games (the astute among you may have noticed that there's seven arcade games in the Metal Slug series so he hasn't played one of them).

I would not count the Xevious Observation Experiment as "played". Even if it did, it would only tie with this game.

So next hint: it's only been seen on the show in arcade trip segments and Arino is really good at it.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Random Stranger posted:

So next hint: it's only been seen on the show in arcade trip segments and Arino is really good at it.

A crane machine filled with panties? QIX clones that show scantily clad anime women?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Obviously it's pop-gun target shooting.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

One more bonus question since people love Metal Slug: which Metal Slug game has Arino played the most?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

That racing "coin flinging" game maybe? I remember Arino acing the game multiple times like it ain't no thang and mostly using the proceeds for candy. I think someone even posted a flash version of the game in this very thread.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Jumping Rally? He beat that sucker both times he played it, and on the first try.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ojetor posted:

That racing "coin flinging" game maybe? I remember Arino acing the game multiple times like it ain't no thang and mostly using the proceeds for candy. I think someone even posted a flash version of the game in this very thread.

We have a winner. The title is "Car Race" and it's been played in the arcade trip segments eight times. It's been in the background of those segments over a dozen times.

Those rainbow stripes make it one of the easier to identify coin flicking games.

If you're interested in those 10-yen games there's a Japanese site packed with information about them at http://dgm.hmc6.net/museum/ .

The 10-Yen Game Museum which Arino went to has a website themselves but it doesn't have the same detail: http://homepage2.nifty.com/totochan/y-gh3.html .

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 24, 2013

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Random Stranger posted:

One more bonus question since people love Metal Slug: which Metal Slug game has Arino played the most?

It's probably X, that game was everywhere even in the Americas.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Uznare posted:

It's probably X, that game was everywhere even in the Americas.

Yep. Metal Slug X has been played seven times. It's been misidentified three times in the series but oddly enough never as Metal Slug 2 which it was a revised version of. In an episode it's been labeled Metal Slug 3 (that was what was on the marquee of the machine) and in two episodes it's just called "Metal Slug".

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Just watched the River King episode. My god, they made a fishing game look appealing to me. Now I want to play one of the ones we got. I know we got one of the Game Boy Color ones, I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power around 2000 or so.

Also Arino accidentally cooking the pink salmon had me in stitches. There's Continue Fail and then there's Fish Fail. Oh man.

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
http://lazarusrs.tumblr.com/ interesting, it looks like it was removed or deleted. On another topic, what is everyone's favorite snack food to eat during a GCCX viewing? Mine is Mint Choc Chip Icecream

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

On that note, I've been thinking of cutting together a montage of the crew eating something. It always makes me hungry to see them enjoy the local delicacies in their arcade or travel segments plus it always leads to funny dialogue.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

FreezingInferno posted:

Just watched the River King episode. My god, they made a fishing game look appealing to me. Now I want to play one of the ones we got. I know we got one of the Game Boy Color ones, I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power around 2000 or so.

This is why I got Legend of the River King for GBC as a kid, and upon going back and looking through that issue I swear I think I bought every other game in it too. I pretty much got ALL my game info as a kid from Nintendo Power so if the game wasn't in Nintendo Power I probably never heard of it.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Krioni posted:

http://lazarusrs.tumblr.com/ interesting, it looks like it was removed or deleted. On another topic, what is everyone's favorite snack food to eat during a GCCX viewing? Mine is Mint Choc Chip Icecream

Being Korean/Asian, I have access to dry squid snacks like Arino does. Arino has good taste as that is a great food to snack on while gaming.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Krioni posted:

On another topic, what is everyone's favorite snack food to eat during a GCCX viewing? Mine is Mint Choc Chip Icecream
It's not food, but beer (or any type of alcohol, but beer is what I prefer) is always good when watching GCCX. I don't drink everytime I watch it, but it does make it a lot more interesting at times. :)

In terms of actual food, I usually like to have leftovers, or anything good and quick I can find in the freezer. I actually did eat sushi and drank a couple Sapporos (Japanese beer) when I watched the 40th birthday compilation video. At the time, I thought it was awesome, but now it makes me feel a lot nerdier than I think I am.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Krioni posted:

I'm having pan-seared salmon with some lemon seasoning and some green beans as I watch GCCX.

Usually, though, it's a lot of tea as I work.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Krioni posted:

I've found that Chinese takeout goes well with some GCCX!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Drakkel posted:

I've found that Chinese takeout goes well with some GCCX!

I just had some while watching the fishing episode, slap me five. :hf:

I really liked this episode by the way, it seems like a really chill game and I'd love to play it.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

That fishing episode really put me in the mood for playing one. Are there any good fishing sims that are easy to grab in the West?

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

That fishing episode really put me in the mood for playing one. Are there any good fishing sims that are easy to grab in the West?

You could always play the couple of games in that series that were translated. Two on the Game Boy (Legend of the River King 1 and 2). One on the PS2 (Harvest Fishing). And one on the DS (River King: Mystic Valley).

If you want to get a really interesting fishing game? Get the one on the Dreamcast that requires the fishing controller.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AzraelDarkheart posted:

You could always play the couple of games in that series that were translated. Two on the Game Boy (Legend of the River King 1 and 2). One on the PS2 (Harvest Fishing). And one on the DS (River King: Mystic Valley).

If you want to get a really interesting fishing game? Get the one on the Dreamcast that requires the fishing controller.

In the US the PS2 game is called River King: A Wonderful Journey. It's really similar to the one that Arino played.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I watch Game Center CX over breakfast on the weekends. I don't watch it during the week unless there's a glut of episodes specifically so I can do that. So usually I'm eating either a breakfast sandwich or whatever my wife makes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cat Machine posted:

The first GBC River King game is available on the 3DS VC in PAL regions (NA should be getting it pretty soon.) I haven't played any of the more recent ones that were released in English - the PS2 game and the DS game - but I hear they're not that great.

I'd also recommend Fishing Resort for Wii - developed by Prope (Yuji Naka's studio), craploads of content, MotionPlus support, kinda-sorta-open world vibe. XSEED released it in NA, but I don't think it ever got a PAL release.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Were his desert island adventures translated? That sounds hilarious.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

My Japanese may be off, but if I read Arino's twitter correctly, there's some sort live broadcast on Nico today with Arino and Zari-gani? "Grown Up Toys"?

Someone wanna give us some details about that?

Edit: Nevermind. Zari-gani is actually a word in Japanese I had never heard of. And it's a guy, I think, based on the picture. His name is...Hirai?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AzraelDarkheart posted:

My Japanese may be off, but if I read Arino's twitter correctly, there's some sort live broadcast on Nico today with Arino and Zari-gani? "Grown Up Toys"?

Someone wanna give us some details about that?

Edit: Nevermind. Zari-gani is actually a word in Japanese I had never heard of. And it's a guy, I think, based on the picture. His name is...Hirai?
The Zari-Gani they're talking about is a Japanese comedy group; I think the Zari-Gani we know just borrowed the duo's name for an internet handle. That's all I know about 'em, though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Or Arino went off the deep end and is now co-hosting alongside a crawdad.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

The White Dragon posted:

The Zari-Gani they're talking about is a Japanese comedy group; I think the Zari-Gani we know just borrowed the duo's name for an internet handle. That's all I know about 'em, though.

America Zarigani is a comedy duo Yoiko is friends with because they're also giant gaming nerds. Most notably Hirai, who Arino first phoned to ask about Super Monkey Adventures; he also hosts the Game Makers DVDs alongside Arino.

I didn't name myself after them though. It just means crawfish -- America zarigani is Japanese for lobster -- and I chose it as a name because they're cute and it sounds neat.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 25, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That crawfish is saying very important things.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

zari-gani posted:

I didn't name myself after them though. It just means crawfish -- America zarigani is Japanese for lobster -- and I chose it as a name because they're cute and it sounds neat.
Oh, of course; suffix-voicing on crab. I shoulda known that!

ImpAtom posted:

That crawfish is saying very important things.
"Y'all bitches

is bitches"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
On the official RGM facebook

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How many votes did Abe receive in the end?

makere
Jan 14, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How many votes did Abe receive in the end?

Well, I opened up the facebook vote, and it was Abe at 290 and Arino at 238...

I like how they keep referencing Abe's past of being a delinquent, when he is nearly 50yrs old.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

makere posted:

Well, I opened up the facebook vote, and it was Abe at 290 and Arino at 238...

I like how they keep referencing Abe's past of being a delinquent, when he is nearly 50yrs old.

That and how they insist on putting him atop any and every motorcycle they come across. Frankly I'm surprised he didn't go riding with Toujima and Tani in that one special. Still, if it means he gets his own theme song then more power to him. :c00l:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I feel bad for voting for Arino before everyone started voting for Abe. :smith:

At least we get to hear from Inoko MAX next, so I guess it evens out. :unsmith:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

makere posted:

Abe is nearly 50? He looks great for someone that age.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gotta be Nakayama after Abe.
Nakayama looks like he needs to know people love him.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Haha, that is an awesome like-fishing greeting, more effort than I expected :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Xik posted:

Abe is nearly 50? He looks great for someone that age.

I think he's 48 now according to one of the episodes. About 8 years older than Arino at least.