Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

TwoPair posted:

Upon further inspection, it looks like it's just Batman Beyond and Justice League. And they don't even have the final season of JLU. Man, that's kind of bullshit. Oh well.

It might be like the dvd release where season 5 was combined with season 4 and thrown onto one set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Yeah, Wikipedia says JLU had two seasons, and I see Seasons 1 and 2 on that list.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah, Wikipedia says JLU had two seasons, and I see Seasons 1 and 2 on that list.

You're thinking of/looking at Justice League no adjective edition. Unlimited has 3 seasons. Unless we're looking at different Wikipedias.

VVV: Well son of a bitch. You learn something every day, I guess.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 25, 2013

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TwoPair posted:

You're thinking of/looking at Justice League no adjective edition. Unlimited has 3 seasons. Unless we're looking at different Wikipedias.

Unlimited was released on dvd as two seasons: the first two are on one dvd set with 26 episodes and the third is on a separate one with 13 episodes. The show was produced as three 13-episode seasons.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I guess we'll find out once the show's released and we look at the episode count. Fingers crossed!

On a related note, how big of an idiot does it make me if I watched Scooby Doo today and genuinely thought they killed off Nova? I'm thinking it makes me a sizable idiot, but I thought they did a good job of selling it.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Oh hey, Marathon, creators of Totally Spies, is working on a new show. I wonder what it's called.

http://www.marathon-media.fr/lolirock-2-2/

Ok have I just read too much of the old TVtropes mock threads or is anyone else uncomfortable with a cartoon starring young girls wih "loli" in the title?

Have an article about it I guess

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Considering Totally Spies was basically a "Weirdo Fetish Bingo" cartoon, no, no you are not

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
First Shezow and now this, who the gently caress is greenlighting this poo poo?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://stalkingguts.tumblr.com/page/5

Remember as a kid how you were all jealous of the kids who got to go on GUTS?

...Yeah, here they are now.

Oddly enough it appears that very few really became athletes, and some really became kind of white trash.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, they're all just people who go on to do peopley things.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

First Shezow and now this, who the gently caress is greenlighting this poo poo?

I imagine that network executives just aren't all that knowledgeable in the field of weird internet fetish culture. All we can do is hope that they go down in flames quickly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

I imagine that network executives just aren't all that knowledgeable in the field of weird internet fetish culture. All we can do is hope that they go down in flames quickly.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://stalkingguts.tumblr.com/page/5

Remember as a kid how you were all jealous of the kids who got to go on GUTS?

...Yeah, here they are now.

Oddly enough it appears that very few really became athletes, and some really became kind of white trash.
There was an A/T thread where somebody talked about being a GUTS contestant.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Verizon had a few episodes of the new Power Rangers on OnDemand.

Jesus christ can someone other than Nick start making this series again? They've turned something that was hokey and campy and enjoyable into something godawful. I dread next year when they start making Gokaiger episodes. I don't think I'll be able to take it :smith:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Thats made by Saban for Nick, also known as the people who made the first seven or so seasons of the show (you know, the ones people remember.)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Which is exactly why it's bizarre that its so terrible.

There was an interview with one of the actors from Samurai and he said the creative staff made him dumb down his acting and it really loving shows.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

There was an A/T thread where somebody talked about being a GUTS contestant.

Was that the one who was on Global GUTS and revealed that the "international" kids were just American kids faking accents or something?

Sockser posted:

Verizon had a few episodes of the new Power Rangers on OnDemand.

Jesus christ can someone other than Nick start making this series again? They've turned something that was hokey and campy and enjoyable into something godawful. I dread next year when they start making Gokaiger episodes. I don't think I'll be able to take it :smith:

Power Rangers has never been enjoyable. If you ever thought it was, you were probably too young to know any better.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 27, 2013

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Xiaolin Chronicles premiere most likely on April 8. Check out this thread for more info. The Facebook page has also been updated; it will be airing in certain parts of Europe, Latin America, and Asia on Cartoon Network (the earlier page I linked showed October for Poland, but I don't know if that's dubbed or not) and Gulli in France.

I'll start work on a thread.

edit: Hell, have a poster

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

raditts posted:

Power Rangers has never been enjoyable. If you ever thought it was, you were probably too young to know any better.

I don't want to use the word 'ironic' because that gets thrown around a bit too liberally these days, but it's kind of a campy enjoyment. Not entirely unlike watching 60s Batman, I suppose.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Power Rangers has always been a cheesy show that shouldn't be taken seriously, let's not romanticize it. I mean, in Turbo, there was a baseball-themed villain that grew to city-destroying form after the Red Ranger hit one of his curveballs back at him.

Speaking of Power Rangers:

http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com/post/45775864038/please-give-7500-to-bulk-and-skull-to-cover#_=_

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I've decided that for all its shortcomings -- and let's be honest, there are plenty of shortcomings, even if I can't be bothered to even list them -- Mystery Incorporated is just too loving slick for its own good.

EDIT: Seriously, how did they manage to explain Scooby's ability to talk without sucking? Aside from wrapping it in a Twin Peaks reference that NO ONE under the age of 18 will get? (They got Michael J. Anderson and everything!)

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 29, 2013

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

there's a lost episode of Rocko's Modern Life airing Sunday at midnight. Allegedly.

I'd honestly like to believe this is true, but I'm doubting it considering the fact that it's set to air the very hour it's to be April 1st.

On one hand? There appears to be new footage within the previews they're showing

On the other hand? There's been zero mention of an unaired episode anywhere on the web. The only things I've come across are Creepypasta entries and fanfic. One would think had there been an episode not aired, Joe Murray would have dropped it in an interview somewhere.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Autumncomet posted:

Xiaolin Chronicles premiere most likely on April 8. Check out this thread for more info. The Facebook page has also been updated; it will be airing in certain parts of Europe, Latin America, and Asia on Cartoon Network (the earlier page I linked showed October for Poland, but I don't know if that's dubbed or not) and Gulli in France.

I'll start work on a thread.

edit: Hell, have a poster

I'll definitely be recording this. So looking forward to the new Showdowns, and seeing what they do now that they have them in CG. And what will Jack Spicer get up to? New Shen Gong Wu as well. I guess as a fan of the original there is only one thing to say:

GONG YI TENPAI!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sad that the original Jack Spicer VA won't be returning, I really don't want it to be Tara Strong, it just doesn't fit imo.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

there's a lost episode of Rocko's Modern Life airing Sunday at midnight. Allegedly.

I'd honestly like to believe this is true, but I'm doubting it considering the fact that it's set to air the very hour it's to be April 1st.

On one hand? There appears to be new footage within the previews they're showing

On the other hand? There's been zero mention of an unaired episode anywhere on the web. The only things I've come across are Creepypasta entries and fanfic. One would think had there been an episode not aired, Joe Murray would have dropped it in an interview somewhere.

They'll likely just air this episode:

quote:

41 2 "Pranksters / From Here to Maternity"
Pranksters: April Fool's day arrives in O-Town and Filbert becomes the butt of Rocko and Heffer's pranks. But things change when a relative of Rocko's is expected to visit.

From Here to Maternity: Filbert and Hutch are expecting babies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rocko%27s_Modern_Life_episodes#Season_4_.281996.29

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Lord Zedd posted:

They'll likely just air this episode:

drat.

I was thinking that in a perfect world it'd just be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_O9Zf-IIYc

I do wonder if you could bring back Rocko's Modern Life in this day and age.

Not in a "let's make it like Ren and Stimpy...except more dirty way", but in keeping moreso within what the made the show great. The subtle adult humor makes it's a tremendous showe.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

drat.

Not in a "let's make it like Ren and Stimpy...except more dirty way", but in keeping moreso within what the made the show great. The subtle adult humor makes it's a tremendous showe.

Checked what my DirecTV box says and the episode at midnight has a generic description while the episode after is WACKY DELLY.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

drat.

Regular Show is probably the closest thing to a modern day Rocko. It still has the same vibe of being a show for kids about 20-somethings working lovely jobs to make a living and has a lot of surreality and adult references.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Toonami shows Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats nowadays and it just makes me really sad that two great shows were cancelled after one season :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So the Cartoon Network classics finally hit Netflix. Welp there goes the rest of my weekend.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
For the love of -- is Cartoon Network seriously taking Mystery Inc. off the air AGAIN? There's five drat episodes left!

pattywacker
Nov 8, 2005
So on teen-nick right now there is just a still picture of a jar of mayonnaise with looped elevator music on, listed as an episode of Rocko...
Great way to start April fool's day, looks like Bighead Jr. finally got his wish

pattywacker fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 1, 2013

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

pattywacker posted:

So on teen-nick right now there is just a still picture of a jar of mayonnaise with looped elevator music on, listed as an episode of Rocko...
Great way to start April fool's day, looks like Bighead Jr. finally got his wish

Okay much better than what I originally thought they were gonna do.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

pattywacker posted:

If this is all they do all day, I'll be happy.

If they do even more ridiculous stuff, I'll go crazy.

This beats the poo poo out of all the dumb poo poo Adult Swim has been doing lately (Toonami Non-withstanding)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Oh, drat. I missed it by like 2 minutes.

All I saw was a TeenNick Bumper in German.

edit: Oh, they put it on their website too.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 1, 2013

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

RML is just a great show.

My favorite bit on that show, was this one:

"You'll never be satisfied with a mortal woman because the Elf wenches are so beautiful, you'll spend the rest of your life searching for that same beauty again. Yes."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AA8DjQzcw

I kind of get the vibe that "The Fatheads" and the story behind it were perhaps partially based on Joe Murray seeing what was going on with "The Simpsons", "Ren and Stimpy" and other animated shows that were really starting to get big during that time period.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The first time I rewatched the garage sale episode of Rocko's Modern Life, I did a double take at the L. Ron Hubbard joke (or as Heffer called him, "the Dieuretics guy").

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Samurai Jack is a lot more weird than I remember. If you look at any episode and try to summarize it you sound like an insane person.

Like, there's an episode where Jack has to cross an impossibly long bridge and right in the middle he runs into a giant Scotsman with a gun for a leg and they end up shackled together and team up to fight redneck pig bounty-hunters with a robot crocodile army in a swamp.

pattywacker
Nov 8, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Samurai Jack is a lot more weird than I remember. If you look at any episode and try to summarize it you sound like an insane person.

Like, there's an episode where Jack has to cross an impossibly long bridge and right in the middle he runs into a giant Scotsman with a gun for a leg and they end up shackled together and team up to fight redneck pig bounty-hunters with a robot crocodile army in a swamp.

:allears: Goddamn this show... I've heard people get mad about all the shows that CN has cancelled, but none of them compare to the feeling of "what if" that came with Samurai Jack's for me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Regular Show is probably the closest thing to a modern day Rocko. It still has the same vibe of being a show for kids about 20-somethings working lovely jobs to make a living and has a lot of surreality and adult references.
I remember that the Hub has a show like that Dan Vs where its about a 20 something misanthrope and his friend gets caught up in Dan's mission to get back at things that slighted him. I remember it because the guy who voiced Yes Man from Fallout New Vegas voices Dan's friend.

DivisionPost posted:

For the love of -- is Cartoon Network seriously taking Mystery Inc. off the air AGAIN? There's five drat episodes left!
Something tells me that they hate all these cartoons for some reason. Are they not reaching their demo and pissed that only 20 somethings are just watching and not buying the toys or merch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Something tells me that they hate all these cartoons for some reason. Are they not reaching their demo and pissed that only 20 somethings are just watching and not buying the toys or merch?

There were no toys or merch for Sym-Bionic Titan which is one of the many ways it was mishandled