Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is the season they said they'd end with the Red Wedding right? I'm not getting all GOT and bothered for nothing right?
It's apparently supposed to be episode 9, like Ned losing his head and Blackwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, the season will end with Arya taking the flat side of an axe to the back of her head.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Have we got all our wolf head images ready to blast?

The second that episode's over...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Is this some random leaked image from the new season or from the last time they were at the Twins?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Is this some random leaked image from the new season or from the last time they were at the Twins?

Look up a little bit and you'll see the out of focus musicians.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

It's a shot from a trailer for Season 3.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Unhhhhhhh it's sooo close

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Arbite posted:

I've been looking for ones without arrows and wounds and blood so I can just post it on Facebook as "The Young Wolf"

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Shoehead posted:

I've been looking for ones without arrows and wounds and blood so I can just post it on Facebook as "The Young Wolf"

Check my collection.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is one of my top fav pieces of art I've seen in this thead ( well and the ned one ). Whoever did these is extraawesome.

kcroy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 25, 2013

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yeah, the season will end with Arya taking the flat side of an axe to the back of her head.

Which is another thing that proves GRRM doesn't understand real world physics or systems of measurement.

There's no way a giant dude on horseback is going to lightly tap a girl in the skull with a huge gently caress-off ax.

Clearly it was implied that Arya died, and was zombified shortly thereafter so she can age appropriately but be forever in the body of pre-pubescent.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Arbite posted:

Oh the wailing that will spew forth from TVIV...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I already spoiled a couple people, they shouldn't walk near me when I telling spoilers, goddammit! Now I wish I did it intentionally!

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
You aint lived until you've gone into dork parties, drunkenly spoiled poo poo, and left

Yeah I'm kind of a badass

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Then everyone stood up and clapped, and all the hot women had sex with you.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nuncle jimbo posted:

You aint lived until you've gone into dork parties, drunkenly spoiled poo poo, and left

Yeah I'm kind of a badass

You're a badass, nuncle jimbo

Peter Dinklage is promoting the new season on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tonight.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Then everyone stood up and clapped, and all the hot women had sex with you.

Man how did you know

Peter dinklage is promoting a fat pedophile show and he knows it, it's great

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 26, 2013

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Dead Man Posting posted:

Peter Dinklage is promoting the new season on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart tonight.

Really? Because I heard they were gonna cut the interview...short.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dead Man Posting posted:

You're a badass, nuncle jimbo

I read John Steward was taking a hiatus so I wasn't looking for new episodes. Thank.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

There's only one thing that episode should be titled and you know what it is.

heh

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

SaviourX posted:

heh

g-mart's fat gently caress comedy hour

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shoehead posted:

Condensation in the window ruined it. I brought it up more for the whole "We LOVE Dany" thing.

wait, your calendar got water logged?

WHAT YEAR IS IT I AM LOST IN BACK IN THREAD TIME IT IS WATER LOGGED CALENDARS THE WHEEL HAS TURNED IT HAS TURNED

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
No, their calendar. I dunno, maybe it's just me who thinks putting a picture of Dany in the front window of your house is strange?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

syscall girl posted:

I read John Steward was taking a hiatus so I wasn't looking for new episodes. Thank.

Jon Stewart is taking a hiatus. The show is not. And it's not until this summer.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm re-reading ADWD, and have come upon a question of utmost importance (or rather a minor detail that got me :spergin:, I could never tell the difference)

Who exactly do the Dothraki fight if they don't have working knowledge of dealing with a foe in armor? Do they just fight amongst themselves / take slaves from peaceful people / limit their contact with actual Essos powers to threats from the Dothraki and bribes from said powers?

Edit - Nevermind that part actually, since I think that the Unsullied only really have shield and helms, as do the slave legions of Yunkai. But all the mercenary companies we see have "company armor" aplenty. And since having a company of sellswords on your side isn't an automatic victory, we have to assume that the people they're usually fighting with/against have armor as well. So what, half the continent has access to armor, while the other half neither uses it nor has contact with / is conquered by the other half?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I think it's more likely the armour widely used on Essos is very different from the Westerosi infatuation with heavy plate.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Boiled leather :v:

I think at some stage the secret Dornish mission notice that a lot of the company armor is rusty as hell and beaten up. I think someone mentions there is still blood on some?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Not all armor is a full suit of plate. Even in Westeros only Knights would have full plate armor, most archers and foot would be lucky for a helm and some mail. Jorah does tell Dany that the Dothroki have no experience in and likely not the patience for siege warfare as practiced in Westeros and thus would likely be unable to take even the smallest castle.

When Barristan kills Khrazz in ADWD he notes that Khrazz (a pit fighter) is not used to fighting people in armor, but he is wearing his full Kingsguard plate at the time.

sunday at work fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 26, 2013

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
From this interview with GRRM:

quote:

As a published writer, he says, he ‘enjoyed a certain level of fame and perks’ – perks being fans and girls. He met three girlfriends at conventions, and describes meeting his second wife, Parris McBride, in 1975, on his blog: ‘A bunch of us were having a party in the women’s sauna and she walked in.’ It sounds pretty wild. Martin giggles – he has an infectious, high-pitched laugh – ‘Well…’

McBride was a fan. Her first words to Martin were, ‘A Song for Lya made me cry.’ But Martin was already engaged to another woman, Gale Burnick, whom he married a few months later. When they divorced in 1979, Martin got together with McBride, and two years later she moved to Santa Fe, where he had recently relocated to focus on writing novels. They married in February 2011 (‘What can I say, I’m slow at writing, slow at other things’) in a ceremony in their living-room. The groom wore a black suit, no tie; the bride wore a medieval-inspired green tunic with billowing golden sleeves. They exchanged Celtic-style rings – Martin’s has a deep purple amethyst, which ‘apparently gives him some sort of superpower’, McBride wrote on her blog. ‘But we haven’t fully committed,’ Martin says. ‘We haven’t merged our books or record collections.’ They are both, he says, hoarders, and have another house down the road, nicknamed the warehouse. Two bedrooms are for Martin’s books; the third is for McBride’s Lord of the Rings figurines.

So GRRM's self-insert character is... Rhaegar Targaryn. :crossarms:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
:stare:

The explains the anime hair.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Hey guys HBO has a thing up you can play with.

http://www.jointherealm.com/

Sarkozymandias fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 26, 2013

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A Song of Ice and Fire: A Room Full of LOTR Figurines

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The ASOIAF Facebook page posted this gem today:

"Fill in the blank 'you should read A Storm of Swords before you watch A Game Of Thrones season 3 because _____'

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Fill in the blank 'you should read A Storm of Swords before you watch A Game Of Thrones season 3 because Robb dies at the Red Wedding."

:effort:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

SaviourX posted:

heh

Some other options:
  • Curiosity Killed the Cat
  • Hospitality 101
  • The Wedding Stinger
And the episode where they unveil Robb Wind should be titled Lupine Taxidermy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

SaviourX, please send me an email at my username at hotmail. You don't have PMs, you cheap fuckin' bastard. :orks:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Rereading ASoS for the first time, and if you know it's coming, the Red Wedding is hugely foreshadowed, but if you don't know it's coming you'd never pick up on it.

I hope the showrunners didn't tip their hands, because I've been looking forward to TVIV's tears for a long time.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Joramun posted:

Some other options:
  • Curiosity Killed the Cat
  • Hospitality 101
  • The Wedding Stinger
And the episode where they unveil Robb Wind should be titled Lupine Taxidermy.

Fat Pink Massacre.

TrickyTrev
Feb 8, 2005
ZOMG I HAVE ROCKET
my big fat frey wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Speaking of Freys, I wonder if the show will still have Cat killing Jinglebell (Aegon Frey) right before she dies. Have they even cast that role?