Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

PipeRifle posted:

I was getting in my car and Reuben was in the window and someone was walking by on the street with a kid and the kid said "LOOK AT THAT MEAN OLD KITTY" and I yelled HE'S NOT MEAN OR OLD HE'S JUST SCRUFFY and the lady hurried her kid away without saying anything else

Then I went back and booped Reuben through the window

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

He's not mean he's just misunderstood, also he bites

sports
Sep 1, 2012
every catte is an rear end in a top hat to humans except for the 30 or so beings that walk the face of the earth that just happen to be the ones the catte can get along with

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I prefer to think of every cat as my friend. Makes them more friendly.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

almostkorean
Jul 9, 2001
eeeeeeeee

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i cannot tell if catte is enjoying scritches or not

c/d?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
E: nevermind

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 27, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

PipeRifle posted:

I was getting in my car and Reuben was in the window and someone was walking by on the street with a kid and the kid said "LOOK AT THAT MEAN OLD KITTY" and I yelled HE'S NOT MEAN OR OLD HE'S JUST SCRUFFY and the lady hurried her kid away without saying anything else

Then I went back and booped Reuben through the window

Oh, poor Reuben. Glad you went to cheer him up though. :3: Not that cats ever seem particularly bothered about being called mean.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

why is the heater turning on when the catte hops on it? wait... is the catte hopping on it BECAUSE it's turning on? :aaa:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

attention bay aryans:
http://www.oaklandcatvidfest.com/

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Reuben's kinda mean tbh

It's just not fair to say he "looks mean" because of his eye and his inability to tolerate a single brushing

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

ahhh warm weather

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

quotin oc

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Jerry didn't make it.

His numbers weren't too great after a couple of days, but they decided to give it a try this morning on the basis of 'If he can't eat then nothing else matters.'

As they started they discovered that he had bone cancer in his jaw and that there wasn't anything that could be done. Dad said that when he took Jerry from the emergency vet office to the normal one that Jerry was incredibly passive, a very unusual thing for the grumpy old man. As further treatment was impossible and he wouldn't be able to eat anyways, Dad decided that it would be best for him to not wake up again. The last time I saw him was in that box, but at least I got to see him one last time.

After the last dog died Jerry had a bit of a personality change. It was like he decided he would be the new dog in the house, at least in the regard of getting food. But of course he would do it the cat way. Whenever it was dinner time, or lunch time, or breakfast or whenever he would go and sit by someone who was eating. He wouldn't look at them, oh no, that's what dogs do. He would instead sit on his haunches with his back to you, a complete "I'm totally not begging" attitude befitting of him. He was only there for headscritches of course, but if you wanted to offer him something then that's just fine.

Later it even got to the point that whenever someone finished a plate he expected to get a pass at it. Likely he wouldn't try and of it, but he was going to sniff it and he would tolerate no exception to this rule. A finicky eater from the beginning, his tastes for food would be wildly inconsistent, even going from one person's plate to another. He had perfect cat senses for tuna, even from two floors away, and had an odd fascination with popcorn, even to the point of trying to steal some from people.

He was a remarkably hard cat to photograph, almost always turning about to make sure that no good picture of him could be taken. Combining that with my own horrible camera skills and there's very little pictures I have to remember him by.

This one is from happier times. Last Christmas my sister brought over a little bow tie that she got for her cat, but he didn't like it at all, removing it within minutes of her putting it on. Jerry, on the other hand, didn't even seem to notice it and it remained on him until she took it off upon leaving that night. His Christmas present was a bag of greenies and he was most satisfied with it.

Goodbye Jerry, you will be missed greatly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

yoink

Taerkar posted:

Jerry didn't make it.

His numbers weren't too great after a couple of days, but they decided to give it a try this morning on the basis of 'If he can't eat then nothing else matters.'

As they started they discovered that he had bone cancer in his jaw and that there wasn't anything that could be done. Dad said that when he took Jerry from the emergency vet office to the normal one that Jerry was incredibly passive, a very unusual thing for the grumpy old man. As further treatment was impossible and he wouldn't be able to eat anyways, Dad decided that it would be best for him to not wake up again. The last time I saw him was in that box, but at least I got to see him one last time.

After the last dog died Jerry had a bit of a personality change. It was like he decided he would be the new dog in the house, at least in the regard of getting food. But of course he would do it the cat way. Whenever it was dinner time, or lunch time, or breakfast or whenever he would go and sit by someone who was eating. He wouldn't look at them, oh no, that's what dogs do. He would instead sit on his haunches with his back to you, a complete "I'm totally not begging" attitude befitting of him. He was only there for headscritches of course, but if you wanted to offer him something then that's just fine.

Later it even got to the point that whenever someone finished a plate he expected to get a pass at it. Likely he wouldn't try and of it, but he was going to sniff it and he would tolerate no exception to this rule. A finicky eater from the beginning, his tastes for food would be wildly inconsistent, even going from one person's plate to another. He had perfect cat senses for tuna, even from two floors away, and had an odd fascination with popcorn, even to the point of trying to steal some from people.

He was a remarkably hard cat to photograph, almost always turning about to make sure that no good picture of him could be taken. Combining that with my own horrible camera skills and there's very little pictures I have to remember him by.

This one is from happier times. Last Christmas my sister brought over a little bow tie that she got for her cat, but he didn't like it at all, removing it within minutes of her putting it on. Jerry, on the other hand, didn't even seem to notice it and it remained on him until she took it off upon leaving that night. His Christmas present was a bag of greenies and he was most satisfied with it.

i'm really sorry to hear this :smith:

rip Jerry, a good cat

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

rip Jerry and Matt and all other cattes that died :smith:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

All cattes go to heaven dot jay peg

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

rip jerry, you did good and will obviously be missed

and thank you for selflessly making room for new cats

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rip Jerry & Matt

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

there's something off-putting about oc doing cat things that i can't put my finger on

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Endless Mike posted:

there's something off-putting about oc doing cat things that i can't put my finger on

He still looks like a boss doing it, that's what's weird. It's like Gordon Ramsay playing ping pong or Al Capone floating around with a pool noodle at the beach.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

RIP Jerry

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

the only off-putting thing is that i literally can't put my finger on him, or rather my whole hand

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
or even better, both hands. and then i'd pick him up and rub him all over my face and wear him around on my head like a grumpy hat all day

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

goondolences for Jerry, he was a good catte

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I thought the cat thread had an agreement with the world- No more cat deaths in 2013. This is disappointing. RIP Matt and Jerry.

Leeloo has a really rough life. Here are some examples.
Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

so wisconsin has mandated that thermostats cannot be set to higher than 68° in state buildings. now my office is goddamn freezing.

so i brought a space heater to warm it up. which works, except now the vent blasts cold air to BRING IT DOWN TO 68°.

that cat has things figured out.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Sorry about Jerry, pro catte for sure.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

go seahawks

Xanthine
Nov 8, 2008

cat gender is a social construct

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

i can just imagine them scampering around heaven, chasing tiny angels down and eating them. just blood and tiny angel feathers everywhere

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

diremonk posted:

RIP Matt, say hi to the other kitties for me.
Oct 1 1992 - Mar 25 2013

Taerkar posted:

Jerry didn't make it.

Well, what a crappy catte day. My sorryness to both of you. :( Matt and Jerry were loved and I hope this comforts you in the days to come.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

i can just imagine them scampering around heaven, chasing tiny angels down and eating them. just blood and tiny angel feathers everywhere

sometimes they leave tiny angels with tiny floppy broken angel necks on god's welcome mat

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pepper you can't come with us you are a catte. TSA won't let you past security with your claws. :ese:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

pseudorandom name posted:

sometimes they leave tiny angels with tiny floppy broken angel necks on god's welcome mat

nope. tiny angels don't die, that way cates never get bored

in cat heaven there are only zombie angels