Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

mediaphage posted:

I can't imagine it not being one. Like, I'm pretty any of these people would eat normal food if they were dying of starvation.

^sure

I came for the Red Alert tourney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Fo3 posted:

^sure

I came for the Red Alert tourney.

Ah yes, I a word.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Don't thank me, you're pretty anyway.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

mediaphage posted:

I can't imagine it not being one. Like, I'm pretty any of these people would eat normal food if they were dying of starvation.

I used to be a bit of a picky eater. (mainly with textures) I am still somewhat working on getting over it. I don't ask restaurants to make things differently than the menu states, and I will not turn down something that someone is serving me whether I like it or not. I was really bad about it as a teenager though. However, once I was in boot camp, I ate whatever I could get my hands on. A calorie deficit does wonders to widen your pallet.

Amykinz fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 1, 2013

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
My kids are picky eaters until the wife has been away for about 12 hours. Then they suddenly get all experimental. Funny how that is.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

A $4.99 1.75 liter bottle of vodka.

That's good stuff.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

NosmoKing posted:

That's good stuff.

There is no conceivable way in which that could end badly.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Well, it will be a step up from Grey Goose.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I'm voting "elegant troll" on the picky eater/supertaster thread.

edit: Goddamnit.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Apr 2, 2013

PBlueKan
Jul 12, 2011

NosmoKing posted:

That's good stuff.

The more like gasoline, the better.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Kenning posted:

I'm voting "elegant troll" on the picky eater/supertaster thread.

edit: Goddamnit.

I totally fell for it and now feel like an idiot!

To whomever wrote that thread, :tipshat:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

PBlueKan posted:

The more like gasoline, the better.

Truffle vodka

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I remember hearing something about putting super cheap vodka through a charcoal filter like a Brita or something making it more palatable. Does this work?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

The Midniter posted:

I remember hearing something about putting super cheap vodka through a charcoal filter like a Brita or something making it more palatable. Does this work?

You have I run it multiple times and it still won't make it amazing or anything, but you can do that if you want. I wouldn't bother, just mix it with something if its that harsh.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

FishBulb posted:

You have I run it multiple times and it still won't make it amazing or anything, but you can do that if you want. I wouldn't bother, just mix it with something if its that harsh.

I wouldn't expect it to make the vodka amazing, but help to lessen the bite somewhat. If only I'd known about this in college (and had a Brita, for that matter) - Dubra (or as we called it, Vitamin D) would've been a lot easier to drink.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Midniter posted:

Potentially. The mythbusters tested this and got mixed results. They took gut rot, ran it through a clean filter 7 times and had a shot removed before each stage. They then randomly sampled each version along with a premium brand. (So, rot gut, 1 filtration, 2, 3 ... 7 filtrations, premium vodka)

Their vodka expert was able to rank them all correctly by filtration, and picked out the premium brand. So the quality seemed to go up as you continued to filter, but that did not make it equal to a premium brand. It just removed more of the foul tasting minerals.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

The Midniter posted:

This is not the Russian way!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

This is not the Russian way!

No, the Russian way would be to use some stale rye bread!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pr0k made dinner for my family and it was delicious. That is all.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?

CzarChasm posted:

Potentially. The mythbusters tested this and got mixed results. They took gut rot, ran it through a clean filter 7 times and had a shot removed before each stage. They then randomly sampled each version along with a premium brand. (So, rot gut, 1 filtration, 2, 3 ... 7 filtrations, premium vodka)

Their vodka expert was able to rank them all correctly by filtration, and picked out the premium brand. So the quality seemed to go up as you continued to filter, but that did not make it equal to a premium brand. It just removed more of the foul tasting minerals.

They also noted that it was a really quick way to go through charcoal filters on the brita pitcher, so in the long run it's probably cheaper to not buy rotgut, rather than home-filtering it.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I just discovered Sandra Lee.

:O

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

BlueGrot posted:

I just discovered Sandra Lee.

:O

That had better be an expression of slack-jawed horror mister :mad:

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I don't know what to feel. It's so awful. It's so perfect. She mixed some cream of mushroom with white wine. I sarcastically said "sauce done" and she did as well.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

BlueGrot posted:

I don't know what to feel. It's so awful. It's so perfect. She mixed some cream of mushroom with white wine. I sarcastically said "sauce done" and she did as well.

Here's a fun game to try, watch just how much alcohol Sandra Lee consumes in an average episode of her shows, or even how much she uses in her ubiquitous cocktails. She gets well past social drinking into straight up ":stare: slow down girl, drat" alcoholic territory.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Sandra Lee drinks like she works in the industry, except she doesn't.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I'm gonna watch the Kwanzaa Cake. Wish me luck.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

BlueGrot posted:

I'm gonna watch the Kwanzaa Cake. Wish me luck.

Acorns on a cake!

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
My backward state's House of Representatives just passed our home brewing bill :)

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Applied for a promotion tonight, wish me luck!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Ok. Good luck!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Goon sighting!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Pr0k made dinner for my family and it was delicious. That is all.

You failed to mention the :gay: purple butter. Your wife and kids are adorable. You, not so much. Also mom says you stiffed her.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

pr0k posted:

Goon sighting!

You failed to mention the :gay: purple butter. Your wife and kids are adorable. You, not so much. Also mom says you stiffed her.

Wow. I didn't even know you guys lived near each other. Glad y'all had a good time. :)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

pr0k posted:

Also mom says you stiffed her.

Who hasn't?

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

:golfclap:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I was shocked (SHOCKED) that this was not the very next post in this thread.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Man, I'm really glad I read up on intermittent fasting before starting my diet. I've never been a breakfast person, so saving time in the mornings plus being allowed to eat a couple of big meals later in the day instead a several smaller ones spread out over the whole day is ace. I think I'll stick by this eating pattern once I'm back to eating as usual as well.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dino. posted:

Wow. I didn't even know you guys lived near each other. Glad y'all had a good time. :)

We don't live that close. The family and I were in town for some R&R and he invited us over. His gay butter was fabulous. Our kids played together like old friends. We drank. Was such a wonderful evening that on the ride back to the hotel the wife was lamenting that they don't live closer.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That's adorable :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

DekeThornton posted:

Man, I'm really glad I read up on intermittent fasting before starting my diet. I've never been a breakfast person, so saving time in the mornings plus being allowed to eat a couple of big meals later in the day instead a several smaller ones spread out over the whole day is ace. I think I'll stick by this eating pattern once I'm back to eating as usual as well.

That's how I eat, doesn't seems to be the best way to go about it though, I'd probably be better off skipping dinner. In fact the only time i lost weight was when I never ate after 5PM. Doing it the other way around normally makes me gain weight.

What's up everyone?
I'm loving up stock and listening to Queen.