Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh sweet gently caress I just noticed the seatbelts are attached to the exhaust-pipe cage with carabiners :gonk:. The amount you would have to pay me to sit in that while it was moving would bankrupt a small country.

e: a classic

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Godholio posted:

Looks like a lexan windshield too. Yeah, that's an "off road only" vehicle that I wouldn't trust off road.

I wouldn't trust that thing on road. I fear the Cherokee, unlike its Wrangler stablemate, may have its chassis unibody rigidity rather compromised by chopping the roof and doors off.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Fucknag posted:

I wouldn't trust that thing on road. I fear the Cherokee, unlike its Wrangler stablemate, may have its chassis unibody rigidity rather compromised by chopping the roof and doors off.

It was bad enough just having doors off of my Cherokee; the body flex was unnerving. If you take away the roof, it folds.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
This does not wrap back around to awesome.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
That started life as .

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This does not wrap back around to awesome.

For 1800, yes the hell it does. That is one of the most aggressively crazy project cars I've seen in a long time.

EDIT: ok not really.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Oh god this is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxHyxzM5Pw

Carb's tuned like arse, can't keep it running, horrible fab, idiot driving, sister? girlfriend? both? commenting, no diff lockers, terrible bumper, terrible steering linkages, I can hear the stupid leaking out of my screen as he narrates, terrible... everything... :stonk:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That exhaust is the greatest thing. The rest of the car, not so much.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

kastein posted:

Oh god this is terrible.

Carb's tuned like arse, can't keep it running, horrible fab, idiot driving, sister? girlfriend? both? commenting, no diff lockers, terrible bumper, terrible steering linkages, I can hear the stupid leaking out of my screen as he narrates, terrible... everything... :stonk:

I liked how he was babying it, despite it being a hunk of poo poo. And he still managed to get stuck.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
"You should do it!"

"I'm pregnant, otherwise I would!" :downs:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Does Monster Energy have a contract with No Fear and FOX racing to take over the white trash male demographic?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

That exhaust is the greatest thing. The rest of the car, not so much.

I never noticed that was the exhaust... :allears:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

88h88 posted:

I never noticed that was the exhaust... :allears:

I like how it's just a totally random skull in the middle of an otherwise featureless expanse of flat panel.

In my mind, the engine is tuned to backfire and blow flames and be the most metal thing ever.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
From the side it almost works. Then it just divebombs from there.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Dick Diggler posted:

I liked how he was babying it, despite it being a hunk of poo poo. And he still managed to get stuck.

I think he just couldn't keep it running due to the carb being a pile of poo poo tuned by a retard. It destroying the tie rod driving over a couple junk cars really shows how terrible it is, I could do that without breaking anything in my old cherokee and that thing was a pile even by my standards.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I wasn't able to get a photo of it, because I was driving in traffic - but would you hire a PDR guy whose van had multiple visible-from-20'-away dents?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

InitialDave posted:

I wasn't able to get a photo of it, because I was driving in traffic - but would you hire a PDR guy whose van had multiple visible-from-20'-away dents?

He probably fixes other people's dents all day and when he gets home doesn't want to bother fixing his own.

Also a dent that's visible from 20' is probably beyond being fixed by PDR.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I would dent my own van and then pull it in front of customers to demonstrate my skills.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InitialDave posted:

As already mentioned, PDR won't fix that.. but I wouldn't hold that against them. Every "real" mechanic I know drives a complete pile of poo poo for one of two reasons:

1) It's the latest 'fixer upper' project and needs more drive time.
2) Don't want to screw with cars when done screwing with cars for the day.

Most fall into the first category; have only run into the second with folks within a few years of retirement and/or liver failure.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It's the same reason I don't fix peoples' computers when I'm not at work.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

I like how it's just a totally random skull in the middle of an otherwise featureless expanse of flat panel.

In my mind, the engine is tuned to backfire and blow flames and be the most metal thing ever.

"I've removed all features from the back of the car but now it just looks too empty. I need something. I need.... A GRIM REAPER SKULL!"

If it actually spat flames I could almost forgive the rest of that car. Almost.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

West SAAB Story posted:

As already mentioned, PDR won't fix that.. but I wouldn't hold that against them. Every "real" mechanic I know drives a complete pile of poo poo for one of two reasons:
PDR probably would have dealt with these, they were quite smooth, rounded forms that looked like they could be popped out despite the size.

I appreciate the "cobbler's kids go barefoot" argument, but I think it's different when it's the vehicle you're turning up to the client in, and it's acting as your rolling billboard.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I would dent my own van and then pull it in front of customers to demonstrate my skills.

I did some software development for a PDR network back in college. Whenever we had prospective clients fly in, our standard operating procedure was to dent the hell out of their (rental) car, and have one of our network PDR guys come by and work his magic during the meeting.

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
edit: wrong thread my bad.

Fraser CDN fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 3, 2013

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

There's a random mound here at the edge of this parking lot, and there's usually somebody parked on it like this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

She couldshould have spent that tattoo money on mole removal.

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

kastein posted:

Oh god this is terrible.

No sky-high lift blocks? No massive body lift? Raised drag link instead of putting a z-bend in it? You might have found the best engineered redneck 4x4. :colbert:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Rhyno posted:

She couldshould have spent that tattoo money on mole removal.

Hahah, when I saw the picture all I could think of was how gross that mole is.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
had to drive behind this poo poo this morning.

Plates are from FL, Shot in VA.. the gently caress you need a raised truck like that for in FL :raise:

I stared at the decal on the back window for a solid 10 minutes.. it was some kind of helicopter or some stupid bullshit. I'd also like to note the glossy finish on the rear diff with the bald eagle painted on that had an american flag overlayed.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 3, 2013

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

MonkeyHate posted:

No sky-high lift blocks? No massive body lift? Raised drag link instead of putting a z-bend in it? You might have found the best engineered redneck 4x4. :colbert:

Yeah, to my ears it's not even running that poorly. It's just that he keeps stabbing the loud pedal and jumping off it. Any carb'd vehicle is going to start to flood if you keep that up.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I stared at the decal on the back window for a solid 10 minutes.. it was some kind of helicopter or some stupid bullshit. I'd also like to note the glossy finish on the rear diff with the bald eagle painted on that had an american flag overlayed.

HOLY poo poo that diff is :911:.

Also what the gently caress does that plate mean? I keep seeing "empty diaper."

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

HOLY poo poo that diff is :911:.

Also what the gently caress does that plate mean? I keep seeing "empty diaper."

Nut Dipper?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

the gently caress you need a raised truck like that for in FL :raise:

I would hazard a guess that a high-90s percentile of lifted/bro trucks rarely see anything but tarmac, and even when they do its because they're parking in a field or driving on a gravel driveway.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Geoj posted:

I would hazard a guess that a high-90s percentile of lifted/bro trucks rarely see anything but tarmac, and even when they do its because they're parking in a field or driving on a gravel driveway.

No see they need the extra ground clearance to hop medians in the mall parking lot okay.

Also MUDDIN'.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Plates are from FL, Shot in VA.. the gently caress you need a raised truck like that for in FL :raise:

Nut Dipper One?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Perhaps this person is very polarized against chew and wishes to proclaim such by way of a personalized plate.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
"Noted IPR (Investigative Public Reporter) One"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

When he rides in it, he's higher up than anywhere else in the state!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I live in FL. Specifically, Lakeland, FL, which is about halfway between Tampa and Orlando. While there are people who like to use their trucks for mudding, 90% of the lifted trucks you see will either be giant brolifts that someone got their daddy to buy for them, or things like this:

:unsmigghh: