Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What is going on in that picture? Why are there ancient wheels and what looks like front tractor tires on it? Why does that frame not look like a Ford Ranger's? What is up with that suspension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Body lift blocks arent meant to be 4x4 lumber!

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON
or hockey pucks. :canada:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

If I'm looking at that right, he's got a leaf-sprung chassis from something designed by Isambard Brunel and bolted/welded/rivetted/zip-tied it to the underside of a Mazda BT-50?

Is this some sort of way to get some modicum of modern safety* and convenience while still having a pre-emissions powertrain? Or am I just having too much faith in humanity?

*: Yeah, I know

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I live in FL. Specifically, Lakeland, FL, which is about halfway between Tampa and Orlando. While there are people who like to use their trucks for mudding, 90% of the lifted trucks you see will either be giant brolifts that someone got their daddy to buy for them, or things like this:

:unsmigghh:

:ughh:

At least that one has the decency to trailer it rather than drive it on the road.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

Body lift blocks arent meant to be 4x4 lumber!

It's a morgan lift kit :haw:

This piece of poo poo is still for sale somehow, but they've added new pictures

Even the wide body kit doesn't want to be associated with the car, and is trying to leave.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 4, 2013

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Florida stuff, eh?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Those two bumper stickers were made for each other.

Content:

Had this one for awhile. Is boners.com still a thing?

(edit) apparently not

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

IPCRESS posted:

Is this some sort of way to get some modicum of modern safety*

It's actually a test bed for an automotive escape crew capsule.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PainterofCrap posted:

Those two bumper stickers were made for each other.

Content:

Had this one for awhile. Is boners.com still a thing?

(edit) apparently not

I adore this.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The giant tachometer is played out by now, even the crew that add a giant tach to their vehicle with a stock tach because gotta know those RPMs, brah, but...

Is that a speedometer? That's a first for me. I need to contact the company that makes it and suggest they market them to senior citizens. :v:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

That's actually brilliant.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I live in FL. Specifically, Lakeland, FL, which is about halfway between Tampa and Orlando.

I'm in Tampa and I consistently see one application that the lift-truck bros love: Parking on the grass at the mall when the convenient spots fill up. They love to show off their ability to hop up on the curb and park wherever they see fit. Seeing as they are parking on grass and mud, that justifies the lift expense, right?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

http://5series.net/articles/this-is-not-an-e60-5-series/

It's an impreza :ssh: Nice body work, but why an impreza, you'd think a more modern platform would be better perhaps?

VanNuys
Feb 25, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

SaNChEzZ posted:

http://5series.net/articles/this-is-not-an-e60-5-series/

It's an impreza :ssh: Nice body work, but why an impreza, you'd think a more modern platform would be better perhaps?

:monocle: Wow, like the article says I have no idea what would drive someone to do that, and spend the money when you can buy an E60 5 series for super cheap now. I can't fault the workmanship though, it looks 10x better than the usual BMW grafts onto a civic.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Yeah, that'll pass tech alright :rolleyes:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Eh, just flick some molten metal at it...that'll weld 'er up.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Well, to be fair: Actually trying to weld exhaust tubing with a stick welder is hard.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

had to drive behind this poo poo this morning.

Plates are from FL, Shot in VA.. the gently caress you need a raised truck like that for in FL :raise:

I stared at the decal on the back window for a solid 10 minutes.. it was some kind of helicopter or some stupid bullshit. I'd also like to note the glossy finish on the rear diff with the bald eagle painted on that had an american flag overlayed.

where in VA? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 5, 2013

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I don't know if this is really the right thread for this but gently caress you Ford for making me think I see Aston Martins everywhere before I realize its just another Fusion.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Oh good I'm not the only one.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GutBomb posted:

I don't know if this is really the right thread for this but gently caress you Ford for making me think I see Aston Martins everywhere before I realize its just another Fusion.

I'm not alone in this!

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Personally I think the Fusion is a great looking car and I'd rather look at it than some boring Hyundai. Ford really has the best looking vehicles on the road right now of the big 3. The Focus, Fusion, F150, Mustang and Taurus are all pretty unique and good looking vehicles.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Nthing the hate for Ford's new look. It goes both ways too, the new Range Rovers look just like the old ones but with new Explorer headlights/tail-lights grafted on. Just awful.

e: or they're cribbing off Rover's new design and I just see a lot more new Explorers than I do Range Rovers. Either way, it looks bad.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 5, 2013

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I personally love the new Mustang. The front end looks fantastic.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus making GBS threads christ what the gently caress

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

where in VA? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Northern... This was taken on the Fairfax county Parkway between Popes Head Rd. and Old Keene Mill.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Measly Twerp posted:

What was it?

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Beach Bum posted:

I personally love the new Mustang. The front end looks fantastic.

I thought the rear directionals were cool idea at first, but now I just think they're stupid.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

echoplex posted:

What was it?

A Tesla.

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

Neptr posted:

I thought the rear directionals were cool idea at first, but now I just think they're stupid.
They're hardly new, '65 Thunderbirds had them.
http://automotivemileposts.com/files/tbird1965sequentialsignals.jpg

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

And wasn't it kind of a Mustang thing back then too? It's just more retro stuff.

I guess I'm in the minority then, thinking that the Fusion is a fine looking car. I prefer the Mazda 6, but the Fusion is pretty close behind.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

McLaren SLR Edition. It's loving awful. Saw it at the ring and it looks like something veilside would have come up with. Awful design and awful fitment of parts. Looked even worse in real life.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Pseudonym posted:

I guess I'm in the minority then, thinking that the Fusion is a fine looking car. I prefer the Mazda 6, but the Fusion is pretty close behind.

Oh I think the Fusion looks great. I just hate that I get that "holy crap that's an Asto... oh" feeling every time I see one.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

McLaren SLR Edition. It's loving awful. Saw it at the ring and it looks like something veilside would have come up with. Awful design and awful fitment of parts. Looked even worse in real life.

WIth that flexible plate it looks like the front has melted, like it was parked in front of a giant space heater for too long.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 5, 2013

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

GutBomb posted:

WIth that flexible plate it looks like the front has melted, like it was parked in front of a giant space heater for too long.

I've always thought the McLaren SLR was catastrophically ugly. The wheel fitment is horrible, the body looks like... what the previous poster said about Veilside. Never been a fan.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Pseudonym posted:

And wasn't it kind of a Mustang thing back then too? It's just more retro stuff.

The Mercury Cougar had sequential turn signals. The early units had a motorized switch (relay?) and were a bit problematic.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

CharlesM posted:

The Mercury Cougar had sequential turn signals. The early units had a motorized switch (relay?) and were a bit problematic.

I have repaired said relay on a '67...when it works it looks incredible. When it doesn't...well fixing it really isn't that hard with some patience.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CharlesM posted:

They also fitted those lights to the Shelby GT500, which is probably what Pseudonym was thinking of.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Measly Twerp posted:

You just triggered a memory...

That's a lotta Rhino Liner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/3703738613.html

I'm honestly not sure if this is terrible or awesome, but I'm going with terrible if driven on public roads. I think it might be a joke, in which case...