Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The first one, I've always wondered how effective that is. What kind of ding in the decibel level it actually does. I know they're only used for testing or training in areas closer to civilization than people like hearing load explosions and poo poo, and it must be useful to some extent or they wouldn't have made it.

And that saw is loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Jesus, what is it with you guys and penises?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Blame Germany for that one.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Space Jam posted:

Jesus, what is it with you guys and penises?

Because dick is great. So great that we wrote a book about it.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Because dick is great. So great that we wrote a book about it.

A book with pictures!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

A book with pictures!

We don't have a great track record regarding the literacy of enlistedmen.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Pufflekins posted:

Blame Germany for that one.

No blame to be had there. That thing is art.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Spongebob Tampax posted:

The first one, I've always wondered how effective that is. What kind of ding in the decibel level it actually does. I know they're only used for testing or training in areas closer to civilization than people like hearing load explosions and poo poo, and it must be useful to some extent or they wouldn't have made it.

And that saw is loving ridiculous.

I always thought it was a measuring device or some sort, not a "silencer"

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

It looks like a photoshop. I want it to be a photoshop. Also, is that a russian uniform?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Your guess is as good as mine.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
And that, kids, is why you don't chew tobacco.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Thats deffo a Russian uniform

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pufflekins posted:

Thats deffo a Russian uniform

Google says it's a Chechen veteran. http://marsthebringerofwar.tumblr.com/post/35250797717/criminallyinnocent-chechnya-war-an-eye-for-an

But who knows if it's right

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Eastern Europe, all the same thing, all Russia.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pufflekins posted:

Eastern Europe, all the same thing, all Russia.

I'm pretty sure he is Russian, just a veteran of fighting in Chechnya. Russian Army will keep you in so long as you can still march and shoot

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Shooting left eye/right hand with a rifle seems awkward. Also, depth perception.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

Shooting left eye/right hand with a rifle seems awkward. Also, depth perception.

Humans adapt.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Shoot a rifle with your dominant eye, not hand so you don't have to do something retarded like that. I'm left handed/right eye dominant and have no problems shooting rifles right handed. In fact shooting rifles left handed just feels awkward.

What's with the Americans dressed as VC?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Probably SF.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DoktorLoken posted:

Shoot a rifle with your dominant eye, not hand so you don't have to do something retarded like that. I'm left handed/right eye dominant and have no problems shooting rifles right handed. In fact shooting rifles left handed just feels awkward.

Same story, hand/eye reversed. Growing up, every one of my siblings and I save for one (we're sure she's the mailman's) all have this same issue.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Probably SF.

It might not be SF it could be just a bunch of joes dressed up in some stuff they bought from the locals. I bought a dishdasha because its comfy as gently caress.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Richard Bong posted:

It might not be SF it could be just a bunch of joes dressed up in some stuff they bought from the locals. I bought a dishdasha because its comfy as gently caress.

Is it wrong that the moment I noticed they didn't have matching gear I immediately figured that they were SF? WHAT HAS THE MODERN ARMY DONE?!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Probably a combat dining out or something back when sporadic fun was still allowed.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks to SA I assumed they were cosplayers

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Is it wrong that the moment I noticed they didn't have matching gear I immediately figured that they were SF? WHAT HAS THE MODERN ARMY DONE?!

No that my first guess too, that and any sort of facial hair so I think most of the danish military is our SF.

tweakleton
Sep 28, 2007
USAF

DoktorLoken posted:

:stare:

:eyepop:

For real, if you're at Davis-Monthan or whatever, Fort Huachuca or just in Tucson for whatever reason, it's well worth a day trip to the Titan Missile Museum. Also the Pima Air Museum since they do boneyard tours and have tons of cool aircraft including an SR-71.

Agreed, I'm here at DM.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Post your finest exercise food here:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you don't order the Bobby at Capriotti's in Vegas, you're doing Red Flag wrong. Be forewarned, the large is a 20" sandwich.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Selklubber posted:

Post your finest exercise food here:

Is that picture taken inside a Gelenderwagen?

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Yes, the new model with high tech gear levers.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Selklubber posted:

Yes, the new model with high tech gear levers.

Haha it is truly a wonder they are still running. We got one at the base thats about as old as me (26).

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

If you don't order the Bobby at Capriotti's in Vegas, you're doing Red Flag wrong. Be forewarned, the large is a 20" sandwich.

Vegas resident here: You should really make sure that unless you just loving love mayo, order it without or EZ on the mayo.

Because mayonnaise is loving gross.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Godholio posted:

i had this yesterday for the first time (without mayo) and it was good

edit: capitalization/punctuation

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 8, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Had to look up The Bobbie. It sounds good up until the mayo part. Who the gently caress wants mayo on what is basically Thanksgiving dinner?

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

Had to look up The Bobbie. It sounds good up until the mayo part. Who the gently caress wants mayo on what is basically Thanksgiving dinner?

people are weird man

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

'Mericans.

"THIS ISN'T loving FATTY ENOUGH."

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Wasabi the J posted:

'Mericans.

"THIS ISN'T loving FATTY ENOUGH."

I know the Germans here put mayo on their fries. That's horrible.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Move mayochat to the civ thread so someone can explain that the Kraft and Hellman's slop is not real mayo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I thought the same thing, but it works.

• Locked thread