Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Ha, a friend of mine who likes to lurk and read this thread just sent me this message:

"Goddamnit, what the gently caress is wrong with the bad thread?"

To be honest though, I don't know which part of the thread is horrifying him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

KidKrampus posted:

I can't wait until we see Tyrion kill his father. The show is seriously lacking in the raw, visceral making GBS threads I came to love about the books.

Yeah, they teased us with that horse scene last season, but I just can't enjoy it without the whole death part.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Ha, a friend of mine who likes to lurk and read this thread just sent me this message:

Tell him to read the Walking Dead thread in TV IV and decide who are the real monsters here.

KidKrampus posted:

I can't wait until we see Tyrion kill his father. The show is seriously lacking in the raw, visceral making GBS threads I came to love about the books.
I'll never forgive them for cutting Strong Belwas for this reason.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They took away Belwas, and they've never mentioned "Tywin shits gold".

So maybe they're saving all the hot fecal action for season 6 where Dany breaks open the valve on the diarrhea fire hose.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

They took away Belwas, and they've never mentioned "Tywin shits gold".

Yes, they have. GRRM snuck it into "The Pointy End".

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Blind Sally posted:

What the gently caress isn't wrong with this thread?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

What the gently caress isn't wrong with this thread?

It's like asking what part of ADWD sucks.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Joramun posted:

They'll still be pretty creepy, considering she will have to mount him while he just lies there all immobile.

That is, if his fat pink mast isn't paralyzed from the fall as well.

I think he's. still..erm..."fully functional" ().

Besides, if he turns into a tree, strategic branching would take care of it. Or he can possess someone/something/her.

I'm putting way too much thought into this.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Maybe my brain blocked it as a self preservation method but GRRM didn't actually write a sex scene between a fully grown woman and a child right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Gay, Lesbian, Pedo, Incest, Rape, Rape, Incest on top of your dead incest kid, Rape, Rape, Rape, Rape...

Nope, GRRM never wrote a scene with a female predator.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I can't believe I'm typing this, but multiple people in the books make references to Bran never lying with a woman.

Unless he can go all Evil Dead on them now. :getin:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Thulsa Doom posted:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but multiple people in the books make references to Bran never lying with a woman.

Unless he can go all Evil Dead on them now. :getin:

For the uninitiated:

:nws:http://i.minus.com/ijzwpDdSsZcqr.gif:nws:

e: making sure this doesn't show up without clicking

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 9, 2013

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
How old was Lancel when he hosed Cersei?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
15 at the start, 17 at the end of a Storm of Swords.

The wiki can't list their loving ages, it just says when they were born on the stupid in universe calendar like I'm supposed to know what year it is in the books.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Well there you go. Cersei being a pedo cousin fucker. But I guess there was no actual sex scene described between them.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Contra Calculus posted:

Well there you go. Cersei being a pedo cousin fucker. But I guess there was no actual sex scene described between them.

Yeah, it was heavily implied in the book and the show. No grey area there.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Well you see medieval age of consent was 12, and as you'll note in my 500 page dissertation on the subject,

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

equity posted:

Well you see medieval age of consent was 12, and as you'll note in my 500 page dissertation on the subject,

Only 500 pages? Gurm's dissertation is like 5000 and still going strong.

Well maybe not that last part

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The ultimate message that ASOIAF boils down to is:

"See? I'm an ephoboiblibohbphile which is different from a pedophile. Also, incest should be legalized. BUY WILD CARDS!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Don't forget you can't rape your wife. :mrapig:

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
Tommen will one day set his pussies aside.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Some dude in the TV non spoiler thread is upset A Glistening Hodor posted about Sansa's love of lemon cakes :psyduck:. It boggles my mind that people who are that anal about spoilers even bother going onto the internet to talk about the show.

e: And it's not even like that's a spoiler or has anything to do with anything but making fun of GRMM's fat rear end

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vigilance posted:

Some dude in the TV non spoiler thread is upset A Glistening Hodor posted about Sansa's love of lemon cakes :psyduck:. It boggles my mind that people who are that anal about spoilers even bother going onto the internet to talk about the show.

e: And it's not even like that's a spoiler or has anything to do with anything but making fun of GRMM's fat rear end

I literally said "Lemoncakes!" and after 7 pages of intense discussion about how I spoiled the entire show:

Admiral Snuggles posted:

Little spoilers are spoilers and it sucks. A lot of us want to read the books later and don't want little things spoiled just as much as the big 'uns. :smith:

TVIV is a hilariously dysfunctional land of stupid babies.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I literally said "Lemoncakes!" and after 7 pages of intense discussion about how I spoiled the entire show:

The spoiler thread isn't bad. At least they can read stuff not on a screen.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

You ruin everything. :colbert:

Fiendish_Ghoul
Jul 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 163 days!
After the lemoncakes spoiler debacle, I was sitting half-drunk on the toilet (I read TVIV GOT threads on my phone while I poo poo; it helps justify the time spent and is also appropriate for other obvious reasons) and wrote up a whole list of people who die, throwing fakeouts, resurrections, and disinformation and almost posted it. I'm a person who usually avoids even official ads for shows I like, but that was so ridiculous I was tempted to suicide bomb them out of spite- not to mention my elitist contempt for their refusal to read. If you like a show enough to read about online, you might also like the better, more complete version of the story.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

What the hell is wrong with them?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
That's ridiculous. That new avatar is a badge of honour.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

"A GLISTENING HODOR" posted:

they've never mentioned "Tywin shits gold".

drat, I never thought of that. Maybe he'll poo poo lemoncakes instead. I don't care, as long as something vacates his bowels upon his death.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blind Sally posted:

That's ridiculous. That new avatar is a badge of honour.

Holy poo poo.

I loving love whoever bought this.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The sweetest part is that that :10bux: could have bought them the lemoncake-ridden copy of ASOS they don't want to be spoiled on in the first place. Or 3 copies of AGOB.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

mythicknight posted:

Besides, if he turns into a tree, strategic branching would take care of it. Or he can possess someone/something/her.

These would be good solutions. Thank you, because I was getting worried they may never lie together as man and woman.

(Except him possessing Meera when he has relations with her, that would just count as masturbation.)

Joramun fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 9, 2013

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

So.

Lemoncakes made the episode.

Can we make Sensa eventually turn into an All-Knowing God Lemoncake of Arrakis?

Also, someone buy Hodes an av that's spoiler, or has spoilery text, nothing big tho. Since he's posted in the thread already, BOOM.

Vivoviparous
Sep 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

SaviourX posted:

So.

Lemoncakes made the episode.

Can we make Sensa eventually turn into an All-Knowing God Lemoncake of Arrakis?

Also, someone buy Hodes an av that's spoiler, or has spoilery text, nothing big tho. Since he's posted in the thread already, BOOM.

It'd be funnier/GURMier to do it the one of the TV-IV babbies, just go balls out with every spoiler and fanwank and cap it off with an excerpt from Dany's last scene in ADWD.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Vigilance posted:

It boggles my mind that people who are that anal about spoilers even bother going onto the internet to talk about the show.

I don't even care if they don't want to read the books, that's fine by me. Not everyone enjoys reading fantasy novels, whatever. But this willful denial that the books even exist and the crazed hostility towards anyone who declares otherwise, it's absurd. Sansa likes lemoncakes, oh no, how will they ever enjoy anything in life ever again? :ohdear:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I don't even care if they don't want to read the books, that's fine by me. Not everyone enjoys reading fantasy novels, whatever. But this willful denial that the books even exist and the crazed hostility towards anyone who declares otherwise, it's absurd. Sansa likes lemoncakes, oh no, how will they ever enjoy anything in life ever again? :ohdear:

They're probably convinced that the show still has two or more seasons of complex intrigue and poo poo to go through rather than just about one half, so they think any little bit of information might spoil the experience. They need to learn the lesson I learned with Battlestar Galactica- Harden your heart and take nothing seriously because there are no answers, there is no closure, and we all die alone.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. What a bunch of loving babbies. Goddamn. Neat new avatar though.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Like I said before, there's probably posters in that thread who could have read the loving books in the the amount of time they've spent discussing and analysing the show. I've got no problem with people who just want to enjoy the show, but I find it baffling that someone can like it so much that they will endlessly debate and talk about it (while giving each other tips like "don't even use google, you might get spoiled like I did!"), yet not want to read a couple of books that, until lately anyway, were pretty much universally praised on SA.

I mean, if I knew that The Wire or The Shield or whatever were very faithful adaptations of a series of books, I'd be buying the whole lot as soon as I'd finished season 1. And I certainly wouldn't be crying over the fact that someone spoiled McNulty's fondness for Jameson's.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What do you mean John dies at the end of John Dies At The End?! :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

If The Wire were based off a series of books, people would be complaining about how the show made Omar gay.