Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

As a note just because I imposed that flash rule on magnificent7, the rest of you may still use a judge's previous TD entry for your rewriting piece. Go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Assign me a story, please.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?

Sitting Here posted:

OK I'm going to clarify, please at LEAST post the author AND the story title in your sign-up post. You MUST link to the original story in your actual submission, at the least.

Also since I'm feeling capricious, from right now until whenever I get bored I will assign a story to anyone who asks. This may work out well for you, it may not.

Oh, sorry. Voliun's S.O.S.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Sitting Here posted:

Also since I'm feeling capricious, from right now until whenever I get bored I will assign a story to anyone who asks. This may work out well for you, it may not.
I'll take you up on that offer, your presently seated capriciousness. Do your worst, I don't care. I laugh at it like a Beano character. Chortle! I go. Guffaw!

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
In with JonasSalk's The End.

You have to keep moving one way or another, and the glint has given you a goal. You shuffle toward it, following the rim of the bowl as best you can. Your snow gear can't keep the frigid air from reaching you entirely, and by the time you're where you thought you saw the light, ice crystals have formed on your lashes. Every breath hurts. You're exhausted.

It makes you an easy target.

The first blow to your head comes from behind. You collapse into the snow. A heavy boot slams into your ribs, or tries: your padded anorak protects you somewhat, just as your hood kept that first strike from knocking you senseless. Your assailant knows what he's doing, however. He kicks the side of your head; your sight blacks out.

You're stunned and dazed, not fully unconscious, so you feel it as he takes everything from your pockets--and your flashlight. You roll on your side as he finally moves away. A mistake. You go blind again from vertigo, but not before you see his tall, heavy frame and the shovel he carries: he must be another treasure hunter, but that won't help you identify him for the police.

After you manage to get up--after you make it back to where the car was, only to find he's stolen that, too--you realize that won't be a concern.

Your frozen corpse isn't found until June.

THE END

Kaishai fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 15, 2013

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Prompt me up, BLOOD QUEEN.

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.

Kaishai posted:

In with JonasSalk's The End.

I was going to choose this story because it has very symbolic meaning to me. It was the loser of the week I was In but didn't submit a piece and was branded with the Thunderdome Badge of Shame/Advertising.

So if the gods speak our favor I'd challenge you to a :siren:Revision Duel:siren:, the greatest contest known to English Majors. Normal prize for the winner, but if I lose then I submit myself to further shaming and humiliation.

It is the only way.

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.

Canadian Surf Club posted:

I was going to choose this story because it has very symbolic meaning to me. It was the loser of the week I was In but didn't submit a piece and was branded with the Thunderdome Badge of Shame/Advertising.

So if the gods speak our favor I'd challenge you to a :siren:Revision Duel:siren:, the greatest contest known to English Majors. Normal prize for the winner, but if I lose then I submit myself to further shaming and humiliation.

It is the only way.

Interesting. Since I've already said to myself, "What's the biggest challenge I could tackle? What is outside of my wheelhouse, possibly beyond the ability of God or man to redeem, and too short for its plot? I know! 'Rural Rent--goddammit, Nubile Hillock!" and then gone for something at least equally foreign to my experience because I like pain apparently, I don't see why I shouldn't take up another gauntlet. Challenge accepted, if the judges permit.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The Drone of the Tower by Wrageowrapper

no word count i had to manually count each word. Having done so twice i think the number of words is 830. But if i post more than 1000 words it`ll be because i miscounted.

quote:

Baz gulped. It was about all he could do.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
What do you mean, you had to manually count? Copy/paste and word count? The hell?

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Noah, Noah, Noah. Let me tell you the story of two 18teen year old boys entering an abonend bunker.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Oh christ. Welp. You got me.

edit: I never read that story.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

systran posted:

Assign me a story, please.

I am assigning you the story for which I earned this avatar. Also you have to go find it.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Only Sitting Here is assigning me the story, in case that wasn't clear.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Prompt me up, BLOOD QUEEN.
I assign you any one of my stories from the first thread.

I'm not Sitting Here but I'm sitting here posting and there aint nothing you can do about it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

systran posted:

Only Sitting Here is assigning me the story, in case that wasn't clear.

I have a crazy intuition about her pick.

^^^ done

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 9, 2013

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~
IN with a story to be assigned by Sitting Here.

SpaceGodzilla fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 9, 2013

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Updated the prompt post for now. Will make better later.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SpaceGodzilla posted:

IN with a story to be assigned by Sitting Here.

:munch: I don't think Hank the Talking Vibrator can be improved upon but I'm looking forward to seeing you try.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart
In with-- wait, what?

quote:

Judges: I'm forcefully electing SaddestRhino and Erogenous Beef to be my co-judges.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Buckle up - this week, the bloodvan is on a road trip. If I catch any of you thesaurusing-up your entries, I'll be flossing with your veins. :black101:

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
I'm in. As a fresh-faced and unscarred newcomer, I look forward to my upcoming humiliation.

I'd like to be assigned a story, please.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Come on people, do your own legwork. Show some pride. Hahahaha.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~
Hank the Petulant Vibrator is getting a dark and gritty reboot :getin:

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I'm in, the moment I saw this I wanted suit on suit but its taken. I'll post what story I'm rewriting after I've trawled through some thunderdomes.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
In with the grisly fusion of known reprobate SaviourX's story In The Details and WHR 49.5's losing entry Walls.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Sitting Here posted:

sock it to me tough guy

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Martello posted:

sock it to me tough guy

Hell, if she doesn't give you a soppy romance story then nothing is right in this world.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
fuuuuu

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Chairchucker, there is no way I am reading through all your poo poo. You need to at least link me the story.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
You suck http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499761&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=43#post409104688

Steriletom
May 11, 2009

My inability to write has angered the ghost of Thunderdome! Beware my example, lest you be haunted.

Sitting Here posted:

Gimme.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Sitting Here posted:

I guess I'd like to be assigned one. Make it a pretty bad one, too, I want to see how good I am at polishing literary turds.

Edit: Oh, also, thanks for all the crits from last week, judges! Totally forgot to say anything. Yeah, I can see how going from a creepy horror story to basically the farce of a character that was Dr. Campbell would be tonally weird. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I might do a rewrite that goes in a more supernatural direction- more of a steady descent into madness that's ambiguous about whether or not the lumps are real.

Also the book prompt was not in my original plan, so screw yoooouuuuu :argh:

(Actually it was a really neat idea, systran, but it just inconvenienced me)

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 9, 2013

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?
Oh man, I can't not do this prompt. Guess I'd better finish my crits from like 2 weeks ago or something.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Get in Fanky or I'll ban you from the club house.

Everyone else, I've updated the prompt post. After this post, y'all can find your own drat stories, though I reserve the right to do whatever the hell I want.

edit: I'm not gonna assign Hard and Deep except under rare and extreme circumstances but at the same time I'm disappointed no one has picked it yet BAD SEAFOOD HAS TAKEN UP THE GAUNTLET. GODSPEED GENTLE THUNDERGOON

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 9, 2013

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Okay, let's see what my best pal Sitting Here assigned me, I'm sure it's something cool...

Sitting Here posted:

Martello-By special judge edict, you will be rewriting Synchronicity by HereticMIND. You may remember effortlessly defeating this piece in a thunderbrawl. Judges must be titilated or else.

:staredog:

You HARRIDAN!

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm in, taking Sitting Here's tale of horror following the photographer in times square. Don't Bite the Eye that Feeds

Because sure, why not. I'm scrambling trying to find a link to it before you people rip me a third rear end in a top hat.

Gyat dammit. I know I found it, I've got it copied, I've read it. And now, can't find it.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 9, 2013

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

magnificent7 posted:

I'm in, taking Sitting Here's tale of horror following the photographer in times square. Don't Bite the Eye that Feeds

Because sure, why not. I'm scrambling trying to find a link to it before you people rip me a third rear end in a top hat.

I'm on to your fourth rear end in a top hat, actually. Chop chop.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sitting Here posted:

at the same time I'm disappointed no one has picked it yet
Oh fine. I'm in.

Hard and Deep with intent to win, in loving memory of the late HereticMIND.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

Oh fine. I'm in.

Hard and Deep with intent to win, in loving memory of the late HereticMIND.

Mr. Seafood, the world wants to know, what are your final thoughts before embarking on this voyage of no return?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sitting Here posted:

Mr. Seafood, the world wants to know, what are your final thoughts before embarking on this voyage of no return?
Tell my wife I love her very much (she knows).

• Locked thread