Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Not having time to read is the new "I don't even own a TV".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Between playing angry birds while I poo poo, checking the forums for sad posts by nerd losers, and watching other goons play video games while they provide asthmatic commentary, I just don't have TIME to read.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Listen to the book on tape, on audible dot com. Narrated by Wil Wheaton, on audible dot com.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm curious about the TVIV literacy rate.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

alg posted:

Listen to the book on tape, on audible dot com. Narrated by Wil Wheaton, on audible dot com.

They would be confused when Dotrice started talking about Prince Jeffrey, Caitlin, Brown and Melisorange.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

LoG posted:

They would be confused when Dotrice started talking about Prince Jeffrey, Caitlin, Brown and Melisorange.

I dunno, the show has prepared them a bit. The actors have taken this long to agree on TIE-RELL after some previously experimented with Tuh-rell and Loras himself used Teer-ill.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

My girlfriend listened to the books first, rather than reading them, so she just kind of assumed certain names were being Britished up by Dotrice. Subsequently, she would talk about people like Asha and call them Asher.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Oh hell,

"I'm afraid to google search a recipe for lemoncakes b/c spoilers :ohdear: ."
-TVIV

Goddamn I really do hope they have Joffrey get poisoned by a lemoncake in the show so that these dipshits have a shitfit.

I just count myself lucky I wasn't one of the unlucky bastards here who read ASoS then waited eagerly for the follow-up books.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

My girlfriend listened to the books first, rather than reading them, so she just kind of assumed certain names were being Britished up by Dotrice. Subsequently, she would talk about people like Asha and call them Asher.

You sure she's not just a big Asher Roth fan?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

KidKrampus posted:

Oh hell,

"I'm afraid to google search a recipe for lemoncakes b/c spoilers :ohdear: ."
-TVIV

Goddamn I really do hope they have Joffrey get poisoned by a lemoncake in the show so that these dipshits have a shitfit.

I just count myself lucky I wasn't one of the unlucky bastards here who read ASoS then waited eagerly for the follow-up books.

haha I just saw that. Yeah googling a recipe for a real life cake is going to spoil your loving nerd fantasy show you moron.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Caramaline posted:

All this talk of lemon cakes makes me really want to make some, but I'm too afraid of spoilers to google it. Does anyone have a good recipe?

Can we either buy this guy a fake-spoiler avatar, or make "lemoncakes Sansa poisons Joffrey" the top google result?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Rhaegar and Lyanna's child was in fact a Lemoncake. Sorry for spoiling the rest of the story for you, guys.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Starks weren't protected by guest rights because while they ate of Walder Frey's bread and salt, they did not offer him any lemoncakes.

Also, Tyrion ends up becoming a boring character and nothing happens.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

HBO's new hit series Cooking with Fire (& Blood), starring Emilia Clarke and Emeril Lagasse.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
While I still advocate a total hands-off approach until after this season, buying people fake spoiler avatars who post in the TVIV thread is a laudable cause, worthy of praise. Preferably about 1 minute before the show starts in their time zone.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Here's a fake spoiler: Dany actually makes it to Westeros.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey, she'll make it to Westeros in Brandon Sanderson's A Dream of Spring.

So it's not really a fake spoiler.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Contra Calculus posted:

I'm curious about the TVIV literacy rate.

I'd spend a lot more time in TVIV if all the posts were "mAD MaEN NO sCUCK DIK. U SuK DIK!" written in bright crayon.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Arya kills Jaime.

Arya is important to the plot.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Contra Calculus posted:

Here's a fake spoiler: Dany actually makes it to Westeros.

Fake spoiler: Dany does anything at all besides taking a giant poo poo.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
People are now saying Ned sending out The Brotherhood is a spoiler in the baby thread. There is no hope.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

LoG posted:

People are now saying Ned sending out The Brotherhood is a spoiler in the baby thread. There is no hope.

Also spoilers: Ned dies, Theon is a dickhead.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

LoG posted:

Cersei had the right idea when she had all the babies killed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everything is a spoiler in that thread. I hope those babies go totally feral and start randomly auto-banning and buying each other avatars and the whole thread dies and GoT is banned from TVIV and Rarity has to stand trial for crimes against the worst forum.

Congratulations, TVIV GoT fans. You make the knuckle-dragging yokels that post in the walking dead thread seem normal and well-adjusted.

e: drat, I've missed GoT being on TV. :munch:

e2: now they're rules-lawyering about if stuff from the second book that's in the HBO episode guide and included in the OP and in the spoiler-free show wiki is actually spoilers because no one on screen delivered a monologue about it.

They would literally rather have a meltdown while forcing themselves to live in a bubble, terrified of googling cake recipes, than read a god drat book.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 9, 2013

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everything is a spoiler in that thread. I hope those babies go totally feral and start randomly auto-banning and buying each other avatars and the whole thread dies and GoT is banned from TVIV and Rarity has to stand trial for crimes against the worst forum.
I don't think a trial will be needed, usually they just send horses that have outstayed their utility straight to the glue factory.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
There are busy people who really don't have the time to read books, the thing is anyone who has enough free time to post nerd poo poo on an Internet forum has more than enough time to read a book, TVIV people are beyond salvation.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Can we crossbreed the people from the Office thread, the Walking Dead thread, and the baby thread to make the peak TVIV goon? Pretty please. We'll take care of it and give it walks every day promise :3:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Contra Calculus posted:

Rhaegar and Lyanna's child was in fact a Lemoncake. Sorry for spoiling the rest of the story for you, guys.
gently caress you, man.

Hey, she'll make it to Westeros in Brandon Sanderson's A Dream of Spring.

So it's not really a fake spoiler.
She'll be mysteriously absent from Winds of Winter and then her charred, half-eaten corpse will wash up on Dragonstone in the Dream of Spring epilogue.

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 9, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wanting to watch a TV show and not having it spoiled: Being a casual fan

Being super into the series but not reading the books, not wanting to be spoiled: A little strange but understandable

Being super into the series, not reading the books, not wanting to be spoiled and then hanging out for extended amounts of time in an internet forum full of thousands of users while furiously trying to avoid spoilers: You're a loving idiot.

If you're actually that concerned about being spoiled: GET OFF THE INTERNET. Or at the very least, get out of a GIANT internet discussion about the stuff you don't want spoiled. It's not like your precious cone of silence is being helped by pages of discussion about if THIS or THAT is a spoiler or not. Hey guess what, you've already heard it you dummy. It sucks that there's an extensive book series that you want to watch an adaptation of but don't want to read, but that's the life you chose. You might as well be doing a loving frogger across an 8 lane highway and losing your poo poo when people honk at you if you're choosing to hang out in a thread completely accessible to people who have read the books.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 9, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

El Hefe posted:

There are busy people who really don't have the time to read books, the thing is anyone who has enough free time to post nerd poo poo on an Internet forum has more than enough time to read a book, TVIV people are beyond salvation.

I have friends who can't really find time to read the books, despite loving the show. They have jobs and kids and can't really find time for poo poo.

But these god drat shut-in goonlords are furiously f5-ing 400 page threads every week to see what happens next because they're beside themselves with anticipation, to the point of reading and posting about everything they can BUT the books.

Read a motherfucking book, TVIV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlsqQAHJyY

:nws: language

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

I have friends who can't really find time to read the books, despite loving the show. They have jobs and kids and can't really find time for poo poo.
Have you at least helpfully suggested they just throw the kids out of a window, so they can get some of their spare time back? They might not have thought of that solution yet, because they were too swamped to come up with it. It never hurts to help a friend!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's really the problem here. Being that dedicated to non-spoilers demands that you either leave the thread alone or go read the books and doing neither turns you into a monster of this threads proportions.

chellesandcheese
Jul 12, 2005

That two page meltdown over posting something that was in the show wiki was absolutely ridiculous. And it was from a book reader.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

SpaceMost posted:

You're all terrible.
And you are a rape apologist.

Truly the Best Thread.

e:
Quickly, give me a meaningful rape spoiler from the books so I can burn that thread down.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"She's loving Osmund and whatshisface and MOON BOY for all I know."

Copy-paste that 50 times throughout a rant on the importance of proper wiki etiquette.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

So this is why Aatrek has been stomping around in a cloud of rage in the Trek thread all week. I forgot he was the TVIV mod :v:

Why they were ever worried about us loving those threads up when the serious posters do it all themselves, I have no idea.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
These current threads don't have poo poo on season 1. People were posting .jpeg spoilers and then you had people like Bambi screaming at anyone who said a word that even started with the letter b.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just think for a moment what TVIV is doing. They are adamantly refusing to read the official source of information for the topic they're obsessed about.

That's like a doctor refusing to read medical journals, opting instead to get new information from those "Local mom discovers 3 simple tricks to so-and-so, doctors hate her!" banner ads.

So they'll just sit there soiling their crusty bathrobes over non-spoilers instead of reading books. Come on, you stupid babies. Read. You may accidentally discover that your imagination is a fun place, and after finishing these nerd books you may even move on to stuff like Kerouac or Cervantes or Ginsberg or whoever and gain a respectful knowledge of other people and places and time, and with fresh eyes you'll discover the beauty of a diverse full of not being a shitstained goonlord failure.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's really the problem here. Being that dedicated to non-spoilers demands that you either leave the thread alone or go read the books and doing neither turns you into a monster of this threads proportions.

Give into your hatred, TVIV. Join us, and together we can hatefully download poo poo from the kindle store.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

I'm going to post something completely innocent and I bet they'll freak out just because of my Wildcards tag.

Let's watch! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just a reminder that although TVIVers are hilariously dumb, spergy, and overall easily startled, we still shouldn't mess with their VIEWING EXPERIENCE.