Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Hopefully he's learned something from this...though I doubt it. Even so, I'll still wait for this comic to keep coming. Just like the audio books. And the fan-art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Penguingo posted:

Yeah I miss the goofy weird poo poo where Looney Tunes characters were getting shot in the head.

A great deal of the charm of this comic for me comes from seeing stuff like Ronald McDonald quivering in the grip of weirdass psychosis, rather than watching two Original the Characters slowly duke it out in a plain red background. Any time a non-pre-existing character's got the spotlight (yes, including Rob + the trolls) I don't find it as funny. But whatever, dude's drawing what he wants I guess.

Let's not forget that these fight scenes take months to resolve and have very few funny bits to them.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I think the fights' length is because LB doesn't quite know how he's going to end it, so he's buying himself time by drawing all of everything out until he can figure out what to do. Then of course once the fight goes on for too long people start to complain about it, which in tern causes LB to get angry and not want to continue making the comic at least until he cools down a bit. So we're stuck where we are now until LB figures a way out of this mess.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I think the fights' length is because LB doesn't quite know how he's going to end it, so he's buying himself time by drawing all of everything out until he can figure out what to do. Then of course once the fight goes on for too long people start to complain about it, which in tern causes LB to get angry and not want to continue making the comic at least until he cools down a bit. So we're stuck where we are now until LB figures a way out of this mess.

The solution is easy, restrict fights to 1 to 2 pages and fill the rest of it with necromancer loony toons and crazed fast food characters.

Adiesome
Aug 27, 2007
Portmanteaus are convenient
Lazerbot has always had very little to do with the entertainment value of TGT. Most of it has come from laughing at his poor grammar and artistic abilities, the fanart/videos in this thread, and his various meltdowns on Facebook. It is kind of sad he still hasn't realised that most people have been laughing at him, not with him, this entire time.

Of course, it's hard to take pity on someone who has exposed themselves as a bigot, openly insults/mocks his "fans", and is completely incapable of accepting even the mildest of constructive criticism.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Adiesome posted:

Lazerbot has always had very little to do with the entertainment value of TGT. Most of it has come from laughing at his poor grammar and artistic abilities, the fanart/videos in this thread, and his various meltdowns on Facebook. It is kind of sad he still hasn't realised that most people have been laughing at him, not with him, this entire time.

Of course, it's hard to take pity on someone who has exposed themselves as a bigot, openly insults/mocks his "fans", and is completely incapable of accepting even the mildest of constructive criticism.

Speak for yourself, buddy. I don't read TGT to laugh at Lazerbot, I read TGT to laugh at TGT.

Lazerbot not taking criticism isn't even a problem because his comic is perfect already. :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Minorkos posted:

Speak for yourself, buddy. I don't read TGT to laugh at Lazerbot, I read TGT to laugh at TGT.

Lazerbot not taking criticism isn't even a problem because his comic is perfect already. :colbert:

His "perfect" comic was influenced by people's posts about the comic so I am not sure what your point is. Unless you are only referring to the earlier parts from before it got discovered, in which case, don't you mean his comic WAS perfect already?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Minorkos posted:

I with you on this. TGT stands on it's own merits.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It was both, it still is both. The comic as viewed from here started as pure mocking, went to 'hey this is interesting' and even though you might argue it's lost it's way or whatever, we're still reading.

The out of comic stuff is also in that same area between mocking and interesting where we're still waiting to see what happens next. I still like those 'happy holidays' things he did up.

Even if the whole thing went completely belly up with the author dead or in a mental ward, we'd watch it to the end.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 8, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Can someone remind me what happened outside of this battle? What happened to the other characters? I thought Coyote was smugging against Demaro or something. This battle had been going on for so long and there are various events (the 'gay version', the 'Nazi version' and the 'LB pretending to quit version') that I am kind of totally lost.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

toanoradian posted:

Can someone remind me what happened outside of this battle? What happened to the other characters? I thought Coyote was smugging against Demaro or something. This battle had been going on for so long and there are various events (the 'gay version', the 'Nazi version' and the 'LB pretending to quit version') that I am kind of totally lost.

Coyote is kicking Demaros rear end but they "mean whiled" away.
Tails neglected Ronald's apology but still showed mercy.
The troll slayers added some of the DK crew to their roster and a guy that doesn't give BJ's, Teemo (again) and Pikachu.
The troll king is off in the jungle going to do something with the words of death, Alex is following hoping to learn said words (but will probably die when he hears them).
Pori's doing something with his secret lab full of fetuses or clones or whatever.
Silver went inside to witness Sylvesters death by Jim Carrey Troll-son, Tom had his period.
Knuckles may or may not be missing.
Under-bite troll was revealed to be Bite-Under Troll and had his own filler comic where he let loose savage burns on the two trolls from the start of the comic.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
I'd like to point out that the Troll King, Knuckles and Pori plot threads were all dropped around Chapter 10. Along with Mario's story, remember him?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God I had to take him right off my facebook, I thought he was off but I guess I just wasn't getting any of his previous stupid drama everyone was always going on about. He's always going on about true fans and poo poo and he's gotten really weird and it's just really sad. Apparently he's working on some new project and doesn't care about TGT enough since gently caress YOU NOT TRUE FANS. Everything is just that pony guy and a couple others posting the same poo poo every time.

I never thought I'd sour on TGT but the super long updates combined with a slow as poo poo fight has been pretty boring. He seems to be just phoning it in at this point. Maybe I wasn't reading or paying attention but I thought he'd get over what ever was bugging him and he'd go back to the same old weird but mostly positive Lazerbutt, but he seems like off-his-meds angry and bitter and the energy is seeping into the comic.

i'm starting to get sad

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Baronjutter posted:

Apparently he doesn't care about TGT enough since gently caress YOU NOT TRUE FANS.

Well that makes two of us.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
So is Lazy B dead? I don't check his Facebook anymore because holy poo poo. I still want to read this dumb comic though.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Yeah I got curious and took a peek at his Facebook the other day. It's pretty much just all ranting about how terrible SA is. He really hates us.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Lazerbutt restrict fights to 1 or 2 pages and speed up the new pages, go back to doing one a day and gently caress that new project.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

The only thing worse than his personal comments are the people commenting who are relentlessly trying to gain his approval. Also, it's really hard to stop myself from Facebook trolling the the master of trolls.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
It's not exactly a new Tails Gets Trolled panel, but while going through my "weird Internet stuff" folder, I stumbled upon a rather bizarre and ultra-rare cover of Knuckles' Themes from Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles from 2009. Upon listening to it, I concluded that the song is likely the only fitting theme music for Tails Gets Trolled (or at least Knuckles).

As my gift to you, I have uploaded this song and put it up on Youtube...

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 9, 2013

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Col. Justice posted:

The only thing worse than his personal comments are the people commenting who are relentlessly trying to gain his approval. Also, it's really hard to stop myself from Facebook trolling the the master of trolls.

There's no greater challenge for a troll then to successfully troll another troll.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Anyone else notice that these long-rear end fights only seem to happen between his original characters? Maybe he doesn't know what to do with them since their backstories/motivations aren't laid out in stone for him.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

JGBeagle posted:

Anyone else notice that these long-rear end fights only seem to happen between his original characters? Maybe he doesn't know what to do with them since their backstories/motivations aren't laid out in stone for him.

He got us hooked on the neutrals before switching us over to the poo poo he cut with angel-dust and bleach.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

lazerbutt's meltdowns are funnier than the comic at this point with its many fight scenes and slow updates.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Going back in time through his FB feed is a trip in itself.

It used to be such a different vibe.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think it might be best if we drop the Facebook stuff - we're getting far to close to the poop.
In the meantime, since nothings really come up, I made an abomination against man, woman, and child by trying to read Under-Trolls sick burn:
http://tindeck.com/listen/dadm

Adiesome
Aug 27, 2007
Portmanteaus are convenient
Actually, the Facebook stuff is the only thing vaguely entertaining anymore.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I for one am still much more interested in the strip than in any external drama. I honestly want to see the story finished.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

scarycave posted:

I think it might be best if we drop the Facebook stuff - we're getting far to close to the poop.

I think the only reason we've paid so much attention to it is that LB used to have a really good relationship with fans, including this thread, and the creator / fan interaction was full of energy and helped things along. Until recently, that is.

Though I did love your voice, it was extremely muppet-like, which makes me imagine what he'd look like in muppet form now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Maxwell Lord posted:

I for one am still much more interested in the strip than in any external drama. I honestly want to see the story finished.

It isn't going to happen because every single initial impression about LB turned out to be completely true, unless he is just master trolling everyone right now.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cartoon Violence posted:

I think the only reason we've paid so much attention to it is that LB used to have a really good relationship with fans, including this thread, and the creator / fan interaction was full of energy and helped things along. Until recently, that is.

Though I did love your voice, it was extremely muppet-like, which makes me imagine what he'd look like in muppet form now.

That's a suprise. I was honestly expecting to get torn to pieces - I was trying to tap into my inner Louis Armstrong.Guess that works out then, he really does look like a muppet - he's really got the mouth for it. Man, if this weird stuff never happened, someone might have actually gone out of their way and make an Under Bite Troll puppet (I don't care what Lazy says, he'll always be Under Bite Troll for me). And everyone would laugh about it. This thread gets kind of depressing sometimes - its like all the laughter and funny/stupid comments just up and left.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

scarycave posted:

I don't care what Lazy says, he'll always be Under Bite Troll for me.

I think he is for Lazy too. I mean, even the last panel said "what will happen to underbite troll"...

scarycave posted:

This thread gets kind of depressing sometimes - its like all the laughter and funny/stupid comments just up and left.

Largely because the humor has been missing from the comic since LB switched to basically drawing fights starting last August. The only highlights are the short reprieves when we see what someone else is up to, but those are few and far between, namely the interlude between the Demaro/Garry fight in October and MEAN WHILE BACK TO SHADOW break in the current fight back in January.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
You all seem to be forgetting Ronald McDonald's nervous breakdown and subsequent attempt to murder Tails. :colbert:

The comic certainly hasn't had as many good moments as it did in the beginning, but we did have four chapters all at once in the beginning. I should probably re-read the entire thing at some point. It's been awhile.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Just experimenting here. TGT-T

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

MustelaFuro posted:

Just experimenting here. TGT-T

Wait why did I laugh at this :psyduck:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

It's like the Garfield without Garfield comics.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I guess no one was in a hurry to post the new page...

Is this the end for Rob? :eek:

Lazerbot's anti-SA obsession is getting pretty sad, but there are some funny lines here. "im slower then an old man in a wheel chair"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I dunno why but I love how the "R" is backwards when Rob's falling.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

lazerbot putting some reference to SA in every single thing he does now really is a pretty big indicator of how upset he is about something. I don't remember what.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

We are so happy to have more fight scene's lazerbutt we can only be shocked and amazed at what this interesting and funny comic will do next :allears:.

E: What are we bad at listening too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

GulagDolls posted:

lazerbot putting some reference to SA in every single thing he does now really is a pretty big indicator of how upset he is about something. I don't remember what.

Maybe if you weren't so bad at listening

:rolleyes: