Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Wormy posted:

Thanks, I had actually been wondering what the best approach to pictures for my products would be. I figured people would want to see the thing itself, but I do work hard on the labels and most of them come out really good. The lighting in here is awful, so I only have a limited time of day to use natural light (looking into light boxes and such to combat that). Unfortunately, as I mentioned a few posts back, I work full time during the day and can't put nearly as much time into my shop as I would like. But I'm working on a schedule I can stick with to get the most out of my time. :)

Yeah I struggle with the photo/presentation stuff a ton so I know it is just a thing that takes time.

My first sales were to Goons and to people I knew that lived out of state but saw the ties on Facebook. They've done a pretty good job of promoting me so that is helpful. Social networking has been really helpful for my own stuff. I don't do pintrest but I do everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicory
Nov 11, 2004

Behold the cuteness.

Wormy posted:

Thanks, I had actually been wondering what the best approach to pictures for my products would be. I figured people would want to see the thing itself, but I do work hard on the labels and most of them come out really good. The lighting in here is awful, so I only have a limited time of day to use natural light (looking into light boxes and such to combat that). Unfortunately, as I mentioned a few posts back, I work full time during the day and can't put nearly as much time into my shop as I would like. But I'm working on a schedule I can stick with to get the most out of my time. :)

My recommendation is to make a quick and dirty light box to take your pictures in. It's super cheap to make and can give that professional edge to your photos even if you're using crappy light and a crappy camera.

For instance the picture of my Hazelnut Macchiato Soap I took in a cardboard box lined with tissue paper and a large sheet of craft board:

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Railing Kill posted:

I'm looking into joining some teams now. Have people had success with those? Do they help drive in page views?

I was in one of the high end treasury teams for a while, and honestly...maybe a few years ago they had their place..now that things have changed...well to me, it always seemed like it was more work than it was worth.

The idea is that the Front Page of Etsy is chosen from among the treasuries, and the treasury teams dominate the first 10 (maybe more) pages of the treasury...so the idea is that you would be more likely to be on the front page if you participated in one of these high end teams. Years ago the front page changed once every 1-2 hours, so you really got a high amount of views from being on the front page...and it's an Etsy Myth that if you get on the Front Page you will get tons of sales. I've been on it 6 times (maybe more), and I think I only got a sale once or twice from being on the front page.

Now A LOT of work goes into these high end treasury teams...I'm talking like world of warcraft end game raiding type of work. There are schedules and lists of who to feature and when, and we would all launch our treasuries at the same time...(6AM PST) Then you click on x amount of items, comment x amount of times, and do it all within x amount of time the treasury launched and then your team totally dominates the treasury page for like 6 hours. What really turned me off, was that it was all just fake views and fake click. So what if your treasury had 500 views...they were all fake. But people would just eat this poo poo up..I was constantly seeing people get excited about all the extra views...but it never would lead to sales. I left because I honestly got tired of all the fakery....even worse was all the other teams that would cheat and bot there way to the top...really it's pretty intense...and honestly...I don't think my sales went up at all...if anything my productivity went down, since that was 45 minutes a day I had to deal with 'treasury' stuff, I decided to quit. I think I was on the team for about 6 months, and I know for sure I was on the Front Page 3 times from being in that team. So not worth the amount of work involved. Also there are really some people out there who are just addicted to making treasuries. They don't even sell on Etsy...or they are low volume sellers...they just like have nothing better to do, and would probably be better off playing world of warcraft...cause at least that's fun.

Edit: Seriously don't worry about views at all. It only takes 1 view to sell an item to a person if that view gets to the right person. I've had days where I have 1200 views...and zero sales..and I've had days where I've had 50 views and sell 10 items. Everyone is always after view counts, and I honestly don't know why, because views mean nothing, especially if they are not reaching your target audience. Lots of people on the Etsy forums looking for advice really just want you to come in their shop because "Hey more views!"...but most of the people on the forums are broke crafters...not exactly your target demographic no matter what you are trying to sell.

Another Edit: It's a real shame Etsy took away whatever tool it was you could use to see all the recently sold items. I always used to tell people don't worry about photography because look at all the stuff that just sold, and like 80% of it would just have regular pictures...not anything edited, or perfect looking...I'm hesitant to use the word "crap photography", but honestly that's the best I can think of. It was also nice because you could really see what was selling, what people are actually buying. (And I can kind of understand that, as they want people to sell things they feel passionate about, not just sell something because it sells...it's hard to find the line between market research, and look everyone is buying mustache buttons I'll sell those too! kind of a thing that you will often find.)

I've played around with search ad's a lot, and I've come to the conclusion that most people are not actually searching on Etsy. I'd set my budget to $5 a week for a keyword like "polka dots" and I'd maybe spend like 10 cents a day in advertising. So either people are not searching 'polka dots' (one of springs hottest trends), or there are just so many people buying search ad's for 'polka dots' mine were not getting seen (highly unlikely I'm assuming because of the amount of "search ad's don't work" bitching I see on the forums and the lack of different items that would come up for ad's in the searches.. I think it's also why Etsy has placed so much emphasis on the Browse aspects, because I think so much traffic that comes in to Etsy is coming in as direct links to specific people's items or shops, and not to Etsy it's self, and I think they are working very hard at trying to keep what traffic comes in to specific things to stay on Etsy in other areas.

I think a lot of the people who actually search on Etsy are just other crafters checking out competition, or supplies...mostly this is all just theory talk, since I don't actually have time to test things and document things. For what it's worth, even though I don't talk a lot about what I do offline, any time I do mention that my job is to stay at home and sell things on Etsy, people are still clueless as to what Etsy is.

And last but not least...just because I have 500 different 'things' in my shop..I can kind of give you an idea just based upon what I've been selling for the past year or so:

Trending: Chevron, Polka Dots, Elephants, Giraffes, Sock Monkeys...and honestly I would say color wise mixing gray/white. Most of the chevron and the elephants I sell are available in 10+ different colors and it's the gray/white combo's that sell more than anything else combined.

Trends that mostly overwith: Owls, Mustaches, Galaxy/Outer Space, Cupcakes

Rathina fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 4, 2013

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Rathina posted:

Oh thank loving god. :shepicide:

Wormy
Feb 1, 2009

Ashwat posted:

My recommendation is to make a quick and dirty light box to take your pictures in. It's super cheap to make and can give that professional edge to your photos even if you're using crappy light and a crappy camera.

For instance the picture of my Hazelnut Macchiato Soap I took in a cardboard box lined with tissue paper and a large sheet of craft board:

Could you send me some instructions grencia12@yahoo.com? For some reason I am completely DIY challenged with stuff like this...making a lotion with 20 ingredients in perfect ratios is no problem, but a drat cardboard box will have me confused and annoyed in about 5 minutes.

quote:

any time I do mention that my job is to stay at home and sell things on Etsy, people are still clueless as to what Etsy is.

I gave a coworker a sample of my body butter, and when she wanted more I asked her to purchase on Etsy. Her response: "I don't even know what that is."

Chicory
Nov 11, 2004

Behold the cuteness.

Wormy posted:

Could you send me some instructions xxxxx@xxxx.com? For some reason I am completely DIY challenged with stuff like this...making a lotion with 20 ingredients in perfect ratios is no problem, but a drat cardboard box will have me confused and annoyed in about 5 minutes.

I gave a coworker a sample of my body butter, and when she wanted more I asked her to purchase on Etsy. Her response: "I don't even know what that is."

You don't happen to be a chemist in a GMP facility are you? That's how I approach bath and body preparation... "This is super easy! I've done harder things at work all the time! Now how do I glue these things together..."

Anyway, I can email you what I did. There's also a bunch of DIY lightbox tutorials online if you do a quick google. They're all pretty much the same, though I just saw one using a clear plastic storage bucket instead of a cardboard box which looks easier and more durable!

Wormy
Feb 1, 2009

Ashwat posted:

You don't happen to be a chemist in a GMP facility are you? That's how I approach bath and body preparation... "This is super easy! I've done harder things at work all the time! Now how do I glue these things together..."

Anyway, I can email you what I did. There's also a bunch of DIY lightbox tutorials online if you do a quick google. They're all pretty much the same, though I just saw one using a clear plastic storage bucket instead of a cardboard box which looks easier and more durable!

Microbiologist in a GMP facility. :) It's amazing how much the science background helps with bath and body stuff...and that I can get some supplies from my lab.

Rocketfish
Jul 2, 2007

*pshew!*
Thanks!

Rathina posted:

Trending: Chevron, Polka Dots, Elephants, Giraffes, Sock Monkeys...and honestly I would say color wise mixing gray/white. Most of the chevron and the elephants I sell are available in 10+ different colors and it's the gray/white combo's that sell more than anything else combined.

I just made 2 sales this week thanks to ads, but that's largely because a lot of my items are aimed toward the "convention" crowd. I guess I'm not alone in using etsy to promote my stuff in between selling at Artist Alleys at big anime cons. FYI "Kingdom Hearts" is apparently still a thing. I guess I'll be making an Organization 13 el panel. v:v:v

One thing that drives me up the wall is the fact you can't embed videos in any part of etsy. How many more sales do you think you'd make if you could post a video of a model wearing one of your necklaces? Or some sexy guy lathering up with your soap? Anyone selling apparel and/or accessories knows what I'm talking about.

I mean, it's 2013, for fucks sake. My grandma embeds youtube vids on her crochet blog.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Well, I did it. Nervously, tentatively (since having all your friends say "you should do this for money" is how disasters happen) I set up my initial Etsy shop. First items up on the block are baby viking costumes. More to add later as I come up with it, but I wanted to get something public.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsTMK
So, any suggestions/comments? Especially about the self-promotion thing. Never been good at that or sure how to.
Also, is Etsy Goon Squad still an active thing to do?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
This is an interesting/disappointing piece of news.
http://io9.com/fox-bans-the-sale-of-unlicensed-jayne-hats-from-firefly-471820413

Wormy
Feb 1, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well, I did it. Nervously, tentatively (since having all your friends say "you should do this for money" is how disasters happen) I set up my initial Etsy shop. First items up on the block are baby viking costumes. More to add later as I come up with it, but I wanted to get something public.
So, any suggestions/comments? Especially about the self-promotion thing. Never been good at that or sure how to.

Your tags can be more than one word...instead of both "baby" and "hat", use "baby hat". Or "infant clothing", "baby costumes", stuff like that. I am by no means an Etsy expert having only been on a month, but better use of tags is advice that's always given to newbies. Besides, you get 13 tags, so using a phrase instead of a single word means you have more search terms altogether.

Also, your prices seem really low. I don't have kids so I have no idea how much that stuff should cost, but a search for "baby hats" brings up items with far less detail selling for twice what you're asking. Apparently this can work against you, as people tend to associate low prices with cheap quality.

As for the Goon Squad, there really doesn't seem to be any activity other than occasional promos.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Yeah I was also going to mention your pricing.They seem pretty low to me too.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Stultus Maximus posted:

You could also use tags like "photo prop" or "newborn photo prop". There is a huge market for people selling things to make babies cuter LOL.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Is anyone else having a terrible time with relevancy? I swear, I've read a thousand "advice" posts on the forums at Etsy (which is a headache considering all the contradictory information posted there). I've tried adding lots of different keywords, I've played with titles and word order, etc. and I'm still not having any luck with most of my items getting views.

I realize that since half of my stuff is jewelry I'm fighting with a completely bloated market; however, I don't understand how I can have the same keywords in my titles and tags as a person who ends up on the first page of search while my item won't even show up in the first ten pages (and while I've read that it's partly dependent on recency, that doesn't seem to be the case--I'll end up on page 15 when I list something, while someone who listed three months ago will be on page 1).

Case in point, I made this listing about a week ago: https://www.etsy.com/listing/128341900/green-earrings-dangle-earrings-sterling?ref=shop_home_active
It has one view. If I type in "green earrings" it doesn't show up even though I have the same keywords in my tags as the items that do show up (and some tags that seem even more relevant).

Am I just not getting it, or is the system they use just completely borked?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Anyone think that connecting an Etsy shop with a Facebook page is useful?

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Anyone think that connecting an Etsy shop with a Facebook page is useful?

I just occasionally post new items to my FB business page from Etsy. My FB business page is connected to my Twitter.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just FYI I have been shoving this link to your shop at everyone I know who has a baby. You might want to consider more sizes though, since it seems pretty small for everyone but the littlest kids.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

neongrey posted:

Just FYI I have been shoving this link to your shop at everyone I know who has a baby. You might want to consider more sizes though, since it seems pretty small for everyone but the littlest kids.

Thanks! Sizing is hard, since I don't actually have kids. The model is my best friend's kid. He's 4 months old and it fit him perfectly but I really don't know how kids grow. What sizes do you recommend listing? I can do pretty much anything since it just involves trimming a little off the seams when I make it.

Wormy
Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, baby vikings are pretty drat awesome. Liked and favorited!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Thanks! Sizing is hard, since I don't actually have kids. The model is my best friend's kid. He's 4 months old and it fit him perfectly but I really don't know how kids grow. What sizes do you recommend listing? I can do pretty much anything since it just involves trimming a little off the seams when I make it.

Well, I don't know kids' clothing sizes myself, so what I'd probably do is just do sizing by measurements, and make a note that you could do custom sizing if people want. I think for outfits like that you could actually probably go up to sizes for like 2-3 years and have it still be adorable.

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.

This is sad. :( But at the same time, Fox has every right to do so even if it is a money grab on a series they deemed "not good enough" to continue producing ten years ago. I do hope the officially licensed hats are good quality!

Jayne's hat was actually my first Etsy purchase. It arrived in a straw-filled box with a handwritten letter from "Ma Cobb". I absolutely adore it. :3:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sapphaholic posted:

This is sad. :( But at the same time, Fox has every right to do so even if it is a money grab on a series they deemed "not good enough" to continue producing ten years ago. I do hope the officially licensed hats are good quality!

Jayne's hat was actually my first Etsy purchase. It arrived in a straw-filled box with a handwritten letter from "Ma Cobb". I absolutely adore it. :3:

The funniest part is that the officially licensed product doesn't look right.

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.

Stultus Maximus posted:

The funniest part is that the officially licensed product doesn't look right.

Aww. I looked it up on Thinkgeek and it does look a little "off", however due to the whole cease and desist thing (Thinkgeek's all "we didn't have a part of this, stop blaming us!"), Thinkgeek is donating 100% of the profits to a Browncoat-run charity called Can't Stop the Serenity until they run out of stock. D'aww. :3: At least something neat's come out of it?

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Two things about Jayne hats, both the licensed ones and the majority of the homemade ones:
1) The one in the show is a chunky wool-like texture, the licensed one and a lot of the ones I see at cons are acrylic.
2) The colors on the original are much more muted, although it's hard to tell the exact color due to the lighting in the scene, they are definitely not as bright as that.

So yeah. That's why they look off.

I made one for my husband years ago, and the colors and material are pretty perfect, but I was an even shittier knitter then than I am now, so the hat is even more, ahem, rustic than the original. He doesn't care, because he wears it to shovel snow and not to cons.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Wow! Nothing quite feels like getting your first sale! I was starting to wonder if something was wrong and then I checked this morning and :neckbeard:

die sweet prince
Mar 21, 2004

Pretty kitty...OH JESUS
Do you guys have a consolidated thread on SA Mart? I thought I saw one a few months ago. I searched but didn't find it, a link would be appreciated!

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
Congrats Stultus Maximus! That first sale is quite a rush isn't it? (Am I the only person who was also kind of maybe terrified when the first item sold?)

And you got two sales within your first month of being open. That's pretty awesome. I don't think I got more than a sale a month for the first few months I was open.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

flutterbyblue posted:

Congrats Stultus Maximus! That first sale is quite a rush isn't it? (Am I the only person who was also kind of maybe terrified when the first item sold?)

And you got two sales within your first month of being open. That's pretty awesome. I don't think I got more than a sale a month for the first few months I was open.

Now I'm working hard to get at least one new item a week up on the shop to keep traffic up and maybe snag more sales. Or something. Gotta keep sewing, gotta keep creative.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

die sweet prince posted:

Do you guys have a consolidated thread on SA Mart? I thought I saw one a few months ago. I searched but didn't find it, a link would be appreciated!

I apologize for the slight derail, but I second this question. I swear I saw a thread that had consolidated goon etsy shops, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The goon etsy shop thread is only for the Christmas/Valentine's season. I know in the past we've tried doing a thread like that in the off season, but there's never enough sales to justify the time and effort to keep it going.

Of course, if another goon wants to start up a thread they're more than welcomed to. Right now I'm a bit smothered by work to get it going again.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Wandering Knitter posted:

The goon etsy shop thread is only for the Christmas/Valentine's season. I know in the past we've tried doing a thread like that in the off season, but there's never enough sales to justify the time and effort to keep it going.

Of course, if another goon wants to start up a thread they're more than welcomed to. Right now I'm a bit smothered by work to get it going again.

I'm wondering if just a new general Etsy thread should be made? The first post from this thread is from 2008...a newly started thread could at least try to maintain a current list of goon run shops.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

We closed our shop quite awhile ago because we couldn't keep up with the demand of Weaselfactory in addition to our full time "real" jobs. But now we're attempting to shift all of the remaning stock because we're moving to Hong Kong in July and we're not taking any stock with us. I have loads of Happy / Crappy, penguin and panda rings, all in US7 / UKO, some jewellery trees, handbags, layered rings, and bangles left. I'm selling them over Facebook because I don't want to reopen the Etsy shop, as most listings are geared towards custom orders, and we just cannot handle that with the big, international move. Also, I'm too busy to edit all of the listings. But everything must go! And I'm selling things for very reasonable prices. So if you're interested, you can contact me via our Facebook page, which also contains our email address.

You can have a look at what we used to sell here.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
I recently moved across several states and have just brought back my nail polish shop from vacation mode. GOONYGOON is good for 10% off.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Mr. Pandora and I are taking our stained glass etsy shop to "real business" level and I'm really lost as far as building our website. I've built websites before but never anything more important than a blog. When I ran my aunt's business's site (real estate), it was pre set up and I basically just had to log in and manage it.

Who do y'all use as a host? We already about the domain via GoDaddy (ugh) but their templates and service plans suck a lot. I need something with SSL so people feel safe actually buying through the website. I also need a host that has templates but is easily customizeable; I don't want to build from scratch but there's definitely things I want to be able to do. I like the look of Squarespace templates but I literally can't find out anything about importing domains or SSL on their overly pretentious homepage.

Amaya
Aug 5, 2006

Paws up!

13Pandora13 posted:

Mr. Pandora and I are taking our stained glass etsy shop to "real business" level and I'm really lost as far as building our website. I've built websites before but never anything more important than a blog. When I ran my aunt's business's site (real estate), it was pre set up and I basically just had to log in and manage it.

Who do y'all use as a host? We already about the domain via GoDaddy (ugh) but their templates and service plans suck a lot. I need something with SSL so people feel safe actually buying through the website. I also need a host that has templates but is easily customizeable; I don't want to build from scratch but there's definitely things I want to be able to do. I like the look of Squarespace templates but I literally can't find out anything about importing domains or SSL on their overly pretentious homepage.

I made my website with adobe's Muse. It's a 'start from scratch' deal but it's extremely customize able and SO simple to use if you have any knowledge at all of illustrator or indesign, and even if you don't. Basically, make shapes, put shapes together, convert to code, upload to website. The downside is that the program is subscription based and is about 15$ a month. The UPside is that you get a month free. I also personally use dreamhost. I think they're extremely friendly and helpful, I had a hard time understanding how to set up my domain and ended up making two and making the wrong one live and they quickly helped me with it and negated the charge it gave me for the mess up. I think I pay 100 some a year for my space.

Alternatively, you could work with some kind of designer that may have used Muse before and may be looking for work...

bibliophile
Feb 9, 2008

My best friend has had this Etsy shop for a couple years now, and she sells various knitted objects (mostly fingerless gloves and adorable hairbows). A few weeks ago, she asked me to join her shop as her "second stitcher." She does the knitting, I do crochet goodies (but I just started knitting some gloves and I'm getting the hang of it). Also, we donate 10% of our sales to charity :3:

Stitches and Hearts

So far all I've got listed are some goofy dog bandanas (we have the best model), but I plan on adding some crochet bracelets and hair clippies soon. Also, dishcloths, because even though everyone makes those, I had a bunch of cotton yarn in my stash that I needed to burn, so I figured why the heck not?

Also, she has a sister store called Amplified People.

And her mom, who owns an alpaca farm (Cheshire Farm), sells hand-dyed fiber and handspun yarn (and also other handmade stuff) if you're into that kinda thing.

The excitement of all this has had me on a crafting blitz, and I haven't been able to concentrate on the papers I'm supposed to be writing. Oops.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
I may have to pick up some of those hairbows next month as they are adorable! I don't have that many bows in my collection, almost everything I've got is flowers feathers or rhinestones or all three combined.

Also I am super excited as I've got a showing in a new local gallery coming up in the middle of June. I'd totally upload a pic of some of the pieces I've made but imgur won't work for me anymore and I'm not sure what I could use to host that wouldn't end up breaking leeching rules (or just breaking). Anyone got any advice or any way to fix imgur (it gets to the processing phase and gets stuck)?

Also, speaking of the gallery show, if anyone who does geeky/gamer art would be interested in being featured in an up and coming gallery in Loveland, Co drop me a line at flutterbyblue(at)gmail.com or contact me through my etsy shop. The gallery owner is actively looking for other artists to feature.

flutterbyblue fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 7, 2013

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Hurray! I finally got my Etsy shop up and running. I like making resin stuff so I decided to do some Pokemon badges. Next I'm gonna make Digimon crests and mini chaos emeralds from Sonic, I think.

Hopefully this isn't too unoriginal an idea, but a lot of people want different accessories from their favourite series/games so I figured eh, why not.

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010
I haven't been paying attention very well in here lately (7 month old baby!) and I want to buy a teething necklace. Before I buy from a non-goon, do any of you sell them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I took the advice of the Etsy veterans here to heart and started making connections within Etsy itself. I started an Etsy ad campaign (at minimum cost, mostly to experiment with it) and it got my wife's page a bunch of views. Before that, the shop and its items were getting about 6 views a day. Now we get closer to 15, and that's even with no new content posted to the shop in the last month since my wife has been busy finishing up her BA. That didn't translate into more sales, though, until the other day. The shop sold a few things in the first few months over on my wife's Etsy shop, before the ad campaign, but the other day things went bonkers. One person bought seven items in one order, and then we got another order within two days. It's probably natural, word-of-mouth traffic from the buyer, but it makes me wonder if there's some kind of boost in searches for shops that sell stuff. There's a part of it that makes sense: it would be one way for Etsy to emphasize active shops in search results over ones that are potentially inactive.

In any case: my wife made about $30 in the first three months and about $80 in the last three days. :hellyeah: