Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

And then there are those of us who just want to read and talk about the goddamn comic but since this is basically a hate thread now we can't have the neat discussions we did before.

Sure, LB is at fault but so is everyone who wants this thread to be about LB.

Now I know why SuperMechaGodzilla is so big on death of the author.

Well to be honest we can't really have neat discussions about the comic because there hasn't been anything happening for months now. It's like trying to discuss the grunts from a dragon ball z episode at this point. There just isn't anything there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Febreeze posted:

The Penny on the track was the homophobia chat

How would you know there was a penny on the track, unless it was you who put it there? I'm on to you.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Maxwell Lord posted:

And then there are those of us who just want to read and talk about the goddamn comic but since this is basically a hate thread now we can't have the neat discussions we did before.

Pretty much; also there is nothing to say about the comic itself. No amusingly unusual typo that hasn't been seen before. No hilarious drawing of some hallucinated facial expression. Story-wise, it's a repeat of the previous few "oh no, Hindo is actually dangerous and Rob may really be in danger!" pages.

And the drama-side of the show just bores me. I don't care what Lazerbot thinks or who he is or what he does outside of this goofy comic. I don't want to know and it just seems like a pointless waste of time to look into it. Plus I don't want to go on facebook, and especially not to look at the profiles of Internet People.

And with the weird fanart having practically disappeared, there's just nothing worthwhile left in this thread.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sure, LB is at fault but so is everyone who wants this thread to be about LB.

Now I know why SuperMechaGodzilla is so big on death of the author.

If anything this is an instance that Death of the Author probably doesn't cover*, isn't it? Since the works are continually being released and he has clearly been influenced by SA for some time, to the point where he is directly addressing SA in the comic. He is also the sole creator of the work.

*I don't particularly agree with Death of the Author in most contexts anyway.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Feel free to have a neat discussion about pages and pages of electro-spiders. LB's dumb facebook drama is boring, but the comic is even more boring right now.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Seeing as the drama is now the comic and the comic is now the drama, can someone quickly recap How The Homosexuals Ruined Everything? I mean, I get that there was a lot of in-thread discussion about how yep, Lazerbot's attitude towards gay people is really unhealthy, but has he just gone weird because he read the thread, or did people take it to facebook and start harrassing him on there, or what?

Also I have no opinion on the latest comic. It's not really anything.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
HEY WAIT
WHERE DID THE GOONS GO
SOMICAWFUL PLZ LOOK AT ME

*flails dick wildly through the air*

GUYS HEY LOOK gently caress YOU AAAARGH

e: ^^^^^
Lazerbot kept saying 'gay' and 'human being,' goons had a reasonable response involving "hey, maybe you could not do that as much please?" and he threw a fit about IT'S MY COMIC and rather than just ignoring the thread and going on his way, he began to "puppetmaster" a big "trolling" scheme and now we're all terrible people for thinking that gays are people.

Chunderstorm fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 10, 2013

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sorry you can't have a discussion about an ms paint comic currently featuring a dragonborn in name only fighting a lighting guy because of us horrible goons. :smith:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Penguingo posted:

Seeing as the drama is now the comic and the comic is now the drama, can someone quickly recap How The Homosexuals Ruined Everything?

You can read the thread for yourself

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Sorry you can't have a discussion about an ms paint comic currently featuring a dragonborn in name only fighting a lighting guy because of us horrible goons. :smith:

This poo poo is what caused the Dobson and now the Buckley thread to die. I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

HarkToTheLoons posted:

HEY WAIT
WHERE DID THE GOONS GO
SOMICAWFUL PLZ LOOK AT ME

*flails dick wildly through the air*

GUYS HEY LOOK gently caress YOU AAAARGH

LB will look up to Something Awful and shout "Pay attention to me!" and we'll whisper down "I don't have loving ears".

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Tengames posted:

This poo poo is what caused the Dobson and now the Buckley thread to die. I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Precisely. We may have already trampled over the safari rule but surely a sparse discussion thread that trails off between updates and during fight scenes is better than SYAC: The Next Generation.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Penguingo posted:

Seeing as the drama is now the comic and the comic is now the drama, can someone quickly recap How The Homosexuals Ruined Everything? I mean, I get that there was a lot of in-thread discussion about how yep, Lazerbot's attitude towards gay people is really unhealthy, but has he just gone weird because he read the thread, or did people take it to facebook and start harrassing him on there, or what?

A few people made comments in the thread about not liking the way LB used homosexuality in the comic. LB read the thread and then, fueled by his insane brother (who is honestly most of the problem), decided that SA is a den of trolls and declared war. His reaction soured the experience for most of us.

Basically LB is now Kim Jong Un.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

At this point I'm more interested in what we did to piss off the guy who made Hitler Gets Jewed. That was the real masterpiece.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Tengames posted:

The Dobson thread got killed because it turned from a mock thread into people tripping all over themselves to find the new worst thing and then act horrified about journals he wrote in 2007 or something. It also got filled with people literally saying they wanted to physically assault him, followed by the thread doing a total 180 when someone actually sprayed him with a water bottle. It got bad enough that it stopped being funny altogether and got closed for its own good.

The CAD thread got closed because the comic itself has been incredibly bland and people started getting antsy looking for something new to point and look disdainfully down their noses at, which turned into this:

Waterhaul posted:

This thread is taking a little vacation because people want to post and translate loving Raine Dog, make fun of a dude/try and come up with ways to blame a dude for his dog dying and making Chris-Chan comparisons.

Neither of those apply here unless by "this poo poo" you meant "the thread not being funny"

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 10, 2013

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FrenchToasty posted:

A few people made comments in the thread about not liking the way LB used homosexuality in the comic. LB read the thread and then, fueled by his insane brother (who is honestly most of the problem), decided that SA is a den of trolls and declared war. His reaction soured the experience for most of us.

My understanding was it wasn't anything in the comic, but him poo poo-talking pony-guy and passive-aggressively calling him gay that caused the red flags to go up. Everything went downhill from there.

I wonder how he will react when this thread inevitably gets locked.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FrenchToasty posted:

Oh, right. It'd been a while since it happened - I thought maybe some people had taken the slapfight to him or something, and I sure as poo poo don't want to scour his facebook to find out.

Anyway, let's think of happier times :unsmith:

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Air Julio posted:

My understanding was it wasn't anything in the comic, but him poo poo-talking pony-guy and passive-aggressively calling him gay that caused the red flags to go up. Everything went downhill from there.

I wonder how he will react when this thread inevitably gets locked.

We could always just close the thread and make a mock thread with a tinge of love.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
At this point I cannot care less about the comic and thread. Wake me up when the filler episode continues and people stop talking about ~Facebook~

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Maybe if we wait long enough, he'll forget about us and just keep doing the comic.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

El Belmondo posted:

Maybe if we wait long enough, he'll forget about us and just keep doing the comic.

I get the strong sense it only lasted as long as it did because of the attention it was getting him, from here and other places. If someone hadn't found it and plastered it here to laugh at it just would have been another stupid video game character deviant art comic, which are a dime a dozen. If we stop giving him attention he'll probably stop too. Basically I think it's too late for the thing. The comic is doomed, it's never going to get finished because his main audience has "turned on him", but we were the ones keeping him interested in the thing. The thread is likely done as well, and if Waterhaul closes it I doubt anyone would really miss it, as now it's just page after page of talking about how done it is.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, at this point the thread getting closed would be a mercy.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'd really love to see the thread goldmined. Sure, the last 50 pages have been nothing but goons bickering, but the thread as a whole got more laughs out of me than any other in the forums.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

The trolled has become the troll.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Not gold mining the thread and letting it succumb to the archives would be the ultimate troll to lazerbot. I had completely forgotten how upset he got when he couldn't read the thread due to the paywall coming back for a bit.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

SaltLick posted:

Not gold mining the thread and letting it succumb to the archives would be the ultimate troll to lazerbot. I had completely forgotten how upset he got when he couldn't read the thread due to the paywall coming back for a bit.

But why would we care enough to bother trolling Lazerbot?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He's doing a fine job trolling himself. All he has to do is end this drat fight scene, bring back necromancer Fudd, and all pills will be chilled.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Screw Fudd, i want to see what happens to Bite Under Troll.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Which is your favorite electric spider? What do you think the electro spider's power level is?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

my dad posted:

But why would we care enough to bother trolling Lazerbot?

The greatest challenge for a troll to troll is another troll. :eng101:

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I like how he made that comic about what DBZ is and how his comic isn't but now it really is. If you swapped Rob/Jindo for Goku/Vegeta you wouldn't know it wasn't DBZ.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Honestly it's more like Naruto. I have a degree in anime, so hear me out.

In DBZ, it is almost always obvious from the get-go who is stronger. Usually, it's the villain. Except for the fight between Goku and Vegeta in the Saiyan saga, which was the best fight in the series, it always comes down to the protagonists being hopelessly outmatched until something happens and a hero gets a power up or uses his special technique and obliterates the bad guy in one instant.

In Naruto, it's more like both combat participants seem evenly matched and the flow of battle is constantly shifting because each person fighting has a seemingly neverending supply of new techniques they can pull out to outdo the other fighter. You can see this in the Garry vs Demaro fight the most. Oh, I have this super ninja clone technique. Oh, well I have heat-seeking shurikens so your clones don't matter. Oh, well I can turn myself into an Iceman. Oh, well I have firebreath. Oh, well I have a Gundam. Oh, well I'm Char Aznable. Forever and ever into infinity.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Wrist Watch posted:

youtube lets play superstars who aren't horseshit

For example: the Yogscast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzKypxTtdw

You almost had me, Wrist Watch. Almost.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
The battle is over - but the war has just begun.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hindo died going back to his home planet.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

A Lamer posted:

You almost had me, Wrist Watch. Almost.

I just mentioned the first names that came to mind when this situation comes up, but okay.

Also you seem to have missed this part:

Wrist Watch posted:

You'll find that a lot of the youtube lets play superstars who aren't horseshit (compared to the rest of youtube) are goons.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

GulagDolls posted:

Honestly it's more like Naruto. I have a degree in anime, so hear me out.

In DBZ, it is almost always obvious from the get-go who is stronger. Usually, it's the villain. Except for the fight between Goku and Vegeta in the Saiyan saga, which was the best fight in the series, it always comes down to the protagonists being hopelessly outmatched until something happens and a hero gets a power up or uses his special technique and obliterates the bad guy in one instant.

In Naruto, it's more like both combat participants seem evenly matched and the flow of battle is constantly shifting because each person fighting has a seemingly neverending supply of new techniques they can pull out to outdo the other fighter. You can see this in the Garry vs Demaro fight the most. Oh, I have this super ninja clone technique. Oh, well I have heat-seeking shurikens so your clones don't matter. Oh, well I can turn myself into an Iceman. Oh, well I have firebreath. Oh, well I have a Gundam. Oh, well I'm Char Aznable. Forever and ever into infinity.

Naruto plays out like two kids playing with their action figures constantly one upping each other, inventing new poo poo to try to win.

DBZ plays more like one kid playing with their toys and the good guy toy will win, until he gets another newer toy, who will be the most powerful until he decides the good guy wins again.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.

ToastyPotato posted:

Naruto plays out like two kids playing with their action figures constantly one upping each other, inventing new poo poo to try to win.

DBZ plays more like one kid playing with their toys and the good guy toy will win, until he gets another newer toy, who will be the most powerful until he decides the good guy wins again.

No you see it's actually more like the second episode of this anime I know called

produce
Apr 1, 2008

Otterspace posted:

No you see it's actually more like the second episode of this anime I know called

...What are you doing? That comparison was apt and pithy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Otterspace posted:

You know it's like a bad comic book that the writer doesn't know what to do with but doesn't want to let die.