Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

He's just saying what we're all thinking, right? Such a visionary.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
What are you doing in Indianapolis, Joe?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Big Bob Pataki posted:

What are you doing in Indianapolis, Joe?

He doesn't have to answer your questions.

Anyone notice that when other comedians or podcast guests in general refer to Rogan, they always describe him as really smart and well-read? It's in complete contrast to this thread which makes him out to be a simpleton.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It's because they don't listen to the podcast, usually, and don't bother to actually follow up on the pseudoscience he drops as fact

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

ZeroDays posted:

He doesn't have to answer your questions.

Anyone notice that when other comedians or podcast guests in general refer to Rogan, they always describe him as really smart and well-read? It's in complete contrast to this thread which makes him out to be a simpleton.

Comedians are pretty dumb in general, but I'm sure plenty of the Earwolf, Friends of Tom, etc etc (or similarly highbrow alternative comedy) crowd thinks he's a meathead. They might talk behind the scenes, but they won't say poo poo publicly because they have mutual friends and there's sort of an unspoken rule about attacking other comics that are just doing their thing. Plus he's still cool because of the Mencia thing, and obviously nobody can beat him up because comics are nerds

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Joe's of above average intelligence. And boy, do I mean average.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

Joe Rogan Questions Everything (working title) - Premieres Tuesday, July 16 at 9PM (ET/PT) -- Life-long unexplained paranormal mystery-addict Joe Rogan ventures into unknown worlds and untapped territories to search for answers to life's most startling theories. Having explored these questions for years on his podcast, Joe now takes his journey to the next level, traveling the country and knocking on any door necessary to find the truth. In his own unique and inquisitive style, Joe will stop at nothing to quench his curiosity for the unknown. Production company: A. Smith & Co. Executive producers: Arthur Smith, Joe Rogan, Kent Weed, Frank Sinton, Michael Braverman, Tod Mesirow, Barry Bloom, Jeff Sussman and Chandra Keyes.
Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...Fws0yuCImwco.99

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
WOAH!

I wonder if this is more Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura or Ghost Hunters.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
It should be called "Can You Imagine?"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Most people can't wrap their head around the fact that Joe Rogan has been on television for about 20 years consecutively

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
The idea that he's taking what he does in a podcast, and applying it to a television context where people....where people tell him what to do....*exhale*, isn't it nutty?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

There is definitely going to be an episode about bigfoot.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

ZeroDays posted:

The idea that he's taking what he does in a podcast, and applying it to a television context where people....where people tell him what to do....*exhale*, isn't it nutty?

It's going to be terrible.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Cromulent posted:

It should be called "Can You Imagine?"

haha

I hope he does that Dr Steven Greer desert UFO summoning ritual thing.

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

It should be on the history channel

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

-Atom- posted:

Kent Weed

:holy:

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

jyrka posted:

WOAH!

I wonder if this is more Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura or Ghost Hunters.

it's the same producers that did the jesse ventura one. so it's gonna be like that.

http://www.asmithco.com/shows/categories/docu-series.aspx

If you click the tabs, they're responsible for UFC countdown, which is good, but also IFL Battleground, which was the worst MMA clips show ever.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Joe Rogan should explore the mystery of why people pay money to see his stand up.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Joe Rogan should explore the mystery of why people pay money to see his stand up.

OH DAYUM SON!

It's true though

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Jokes about gorillafucking and getting tricked into gay sex don't just stop being funny the 4th time you rehash the exact same concept and pass it off as new material :rolleyes:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I wonder if his last special was unfunny because it was just rehashed podcast stuff and most of us have become jaded to anything JRE, or because it was just truly bad. I mean, I have a faint recollection of liking (or at the very least laughing along with) the spike tv special. The last one was awful.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Bohemian Nights posted:

I wonder if his last special was unfunny because it was just rehashed podcast stuff and most of us have become jaded to anything JRE, or because it was just truly bad. I mean, I have a faint recollection of liking (or at the very least laughing along with) the spike tv special. The last one was awful.

I watched it with family and we all agreed it was awful.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I don't remember the exact line but during the most recent podcast Joey Diaz said something along the lines of "IF YOU TELL ME YOU LISTEN TO DAVE MATTHEWS BAND I'LL loving PISTOL WHIP YOU" and it was the best thing since blue cheese

Also Joe did some mansplaining about how he doesn't actually mean it when he says that feminism is bad and then went on to say that guys who say they are feminists are weak human beings. :allears:

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 14, 2013

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

I don't remember the exact line but during the most recent podcast Joey Diaz said something along the lines of "IF YOU TELL ME YOU LISTEN TO DAVE MATTHEWS BAND I'LL loving PISTOL WHIP YOU" and it was the best thing since blue cheese

Joey's rant on Tom Waits was loving amazing.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Joey needs to listen to Closing Time.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

As a male feminist I completely understand why Joe feels the way he does about feminism. It's because he's only being exposed to the extreme aspects of it. There's so much of it online and someone saying "let's all be fair and nice to each other" isn't headline material and won't be tweeted at Joe by his sycophant fans. Some of the stuff that people try to pass off as feminism(online discussions of what's the best way to falsely accuse someone of rape and stuff like that) can be enraging but those aren't really representative of feminism or women, which Joe apparently doesn't know. I don't think he really disagrees with the core values of feminism, he just doesn't know what feminism is.

jyrka fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 14, 2013

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

A lot of feminists cant wrap their head around the fact that in the Roman Empire days guys would just catch women, hold them down, and shoot loads into them.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

A lot of feminists cant wrap their head around the fact that in the Roman Empire days guys would just catch women, hold them down, and shoot loads into them.

ugh...I'm just so tired of this rape culture.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Well, as a mother...

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Does this thread make too many excuses for Joe? I know there's pros & cons to the guy, but really, he should be able to discover wild ideas (like reasonable feminists) himself.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

well why not posted:

Does this thread make too many excuses for Joe?

Considering the user base on these here forums, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a thread that makes fewer excuses for Joe, honestly.

This thread is less about the podcast and more about making fun of Joe, at this point.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 15, 2013

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

Considering the user base on these here forums, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a thread that makes fewer excuses for Joe, honestly.

This thread is less about the podcast and more about making fun of Joe, at this point.

Well I think we all agree he still has his moments. Him and Brian have great chemistry, the episodes with his comedian friends are usually always good, love his history of combat sports talk, and sometimes he could put on a good interview with smart or weird people when he can avoid an excess of the stoner talk. Its just he has some cringe-worthy moments...

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I...I think I'm starting to not loathe Redban. :gonk:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I've said it before, but Redban is better when he's not on JRE and is an actual part of the podcast and conversation, ie. Pointless or old What's Good, rather than being some over-stoned doofus who has to throw in non sequiturs for attention

Speaking of annoying things featured on JRE, it's been a while since Eddie Bravo was on.

E; It's unfortunate, but I owe a certain debt a gratitude to (amongst others) Eddie Bravo, for having written Jiu-jitsu unleashed, which is the book that really got me into BJJ and took me from a fairly useless nerd into being moderately athletic and successful at something. In retrospect however, it's pretty loving embarrassing to have been inspired by Eddie 'chemtrails' Bravo, and that even the book had to be one of the absolute worst martial arts instructonals available. (His Mastering-series of books isn't bad, tbf)

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 15, 2013

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Honestly there were times I loved this podcast. There were interesting people and characters. Now that we've kind of know everything about everyone, it's just us focusing on their warts. I don't really listen much anymore but the podcast still has great moments. I kinda turned on Joe after seeing his last special, which was just an hour long dick joke. Which was bizarre since when I saw him almost two years ago it was an entirely different set that was actually funny.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
It really just depends on the guest. If its a name I don't recognise as an MMA or comedy personality then 5 minutes on google will be enough to figure out if the show will interesting or another 3 hr long libertarian or magic mushroom circle jerk.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pocket Billiards posted:

It really just depends on the guest. If its a name I don't recognise as an MMA or comedy personality then 5 minutes on google will be enough to figure out if the show will interesting or another 3 hr long libertarian or magic mushroom circle jerk.

Agreed. I went from listening to practically every podcast (screw you, Eddie Bravo) to being way more selective and actually tuning out if it's just the same tired conversation I've heard before.

Although Steve Rinella and Callen will be be on today and that's always a good combination, especially Rinella.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 15, 2013

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Agreed. I went from listening to practically every podcast (screw you, Eddie Bravo) to being way more selective and actually tuning out if it's just the same tired conversation I've heard before.

Although Steve Rinella and Callen will be be on today and that's always a good combination, especially Rinella.

Rinella is a good guest, he can speak about bullshit like bigfoot and hunting and be entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

Does this thread make too many excuses for Joe? I know there's pros & cons to the guy, but really, he should be able to discover wild ideas (like reasonable feminists) himself.

Excuses for him? All this thread is is people whining about him/nodding their heads in agreement that he's stupid. I kind of stopped listening a while back, but still check the thread randomly. I'm confused as to why most people who post in this thread even listen to the podcast?