Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
How about the allergy medication commercial where the guy is talking to a convertible? The first line is "I wish I could own you, but I can't take your top down because of my allergies" or something like that. I was putzing around on my phone the first time it came on and wasn't watching so the audio alone made me look up and say WHAT??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Ugh, I hate the new Gas-X commercial :P

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Someday, He'll call her and she will come running and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray, "I want to throw my TV into traffic"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

trunkwontopen posted:

Someday, He'll call her and she will come running and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray, "I want to throw my TV into traffic"

Two most hilarious things to me about those commercials:

1. Find God's match for you
Granted I'm not an expert in how God works but I am suspicious that God would refer us to a paid website.

2. The song in the background.
The verse "I want to fall in love with you" is kind of hosed up. You want to?

In the end, I would rather watch another ChristianMingle commercial than another Zoosk commercial.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

muscles like this? posted:

Really getting tired of the Scary Movie V commercials.

Especially because it feels like we -just- got done with the commercials for 'A Haunted House.'

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Doctor Butts posted:

Granted I'm not an expert in how God works but I am suspicious that God would refer us to a paid website.

In the end, I would rather watch another ChristianMingle commercial than another Zoosk commercial.

Well you see, God helps those who help themselves...by forking over tons of cash to various people. Not charities though, He hates charity.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Normally, I kinda like the Progressive Flo ads. Until this came along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpE-MYBXnag

I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Doctor Butts posted:

Reminds me of the Hoveround commercial with the guy singing:

"Hoveround takes me where I wanna go~
Where will it send me?"

If it takes you were you want to go, why are you wondering where it will send you? Who's in control here?! :tinfoil:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kimmalah posted:

Well you see, God helps those who help themselves...by forking over tons of cash to various people. Not charities though, He hates charity.

It's literally the moneychangers part of the New Testament, which is funny as hell.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Doctor Butts posted:

I agree on both points and it is irritating that the song is being misused.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

muscles like this? posted:

Really getting tired of the Scary Movie V commercials.

Really? What's not to love about commercials where the only thing that's actually a joke is ripped right out of Idiocracy without the context?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

The Steak Justice posted:

Really? What's not to love about commercials where the only thing that's actually a joke is ripped right out of Idiocracy without the context?

The best part is that these are the best things they managed to come up with for the trailers. I'm having trouble even imagining how bad that movie will get in the non-trailer scenes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I haven't seen a single commercial for Scary Movie 5 so far, and I watch a lot of TV.

Praise Allah.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gonz posted:

I haven't seen a single commercial for Scary Movie 5 so far, and I watch a lot of TV.

Praise Allah.

Imagine Charlie Sheen getting it in the crotch and you've seen it.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Seriously. It's not even a joke like it, where the inceptor simply says "Did I wash those?" and hell throw a little brown on one of them for a reaction instead of straight up the same loving joke from a vastly superior and funny movie. Basically this all hosed up and they write like a fag and they're poo poo's retarded.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

How about the allergy medication commercial where the guy is talking to a convertible? The first line is "I wish I could own you, but I can't take your top down because of my allergies" or something like that. I was putzing around on my phone the first time it came on and wasn't watching so the audio alone made me look up and say WHAT??

I did the same double-take and still do. Who the hell wrote that?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cup of Hemlock posted:

I did the same double-take and still do. Who the hell wrote that?

Car fuckers.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

squarerandom posted:

Basically this all hosed up and they write like a fag and they're poo poo's retarded.

Hey, don't wory. There's a lot of tards out there writing kick-rear end movies.

G.I.Joe was written by a tard, and it's pulled in $21 million.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

Thou shalt find love only from a website infomercial on late night TV ~ Leviticus 23:11

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

computer parts posted:

It's literally the moneychangers part of the New Testament, which is funny as hell.

The Bible? Who the hell has time to read that thing, it's like 500 pages long and full of people with weird old-timey names.

Also count me as one of those lucky enough to have not seen a Scary Movie 5 yet. I actually didn't realize they had even made another one until reading this thread.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Don't worry, once the Scary Movie 5 ads are over I'm sure there will be plenty of Hangover 3 ads to replace it for the next month.

Oh, you didn't know Hangover 3 existed, let alone that it's coming out next month? You're welcome :unsmigghh:

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

raditts posted:

Don't worry, once the Scary Movie 5 ads are over I'm sure there will be plenty of Hangover 3 ads to replace it for the next month.

Oh, you didn't know Hangover 3 existed, let alone that it's coming out next month? You're welcome :unsmigghh:

Woah woah, let's not be too hasty, there's a chance that Hangover 3's commercials will be tolerable.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Woah woah, let's not be too hasty, there's a chance that Hangover 3's commercials will be tolerable.

"Remember this joke from Hangover 1? Remember this joke from Hangover 2 that was a reference to Hangover 1? Haha, yeahhh, come see our movie."

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm sure it's been said, but any Microsoft Surface ads with all the drat CLICKING and dancing (that's not even very good?) just people slamming their hands down in timed configurations. Ahhhh the clicking!!

On the other hand, there is something about the Gangham Pisatachios ad that I just can't turn away :) I think it's the lady nuts dancing old-school team mascot style with just their legs sticking out and no way to see where they are going... I might be missing an important part of my brain but it makes me giggle for no reason.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

DoggPickle posted:

I'm sure it's been said, but any Microsoft Surface ads with all the drat CLICKING and dancing (that's not even very good?) just people slamming their hands down in timed configurations. Ahhhh the clicking!!

On the other hand, there is something about the Gangham Pisatachios ad that I just can't turn away :) I think it's the lady nuts dancing old-school team mascot style with just their legs sticking out and no way to see where they are going... I might be missing an important part of my brain but it makes me giggle for no reason.

Just think of how much Microsoft must have spent making and running those commercials, and how little it makes you want to buy their lovely tablet that is apparently great because it has a snap in keyboard. Apple ads are either a few people just doing things or a product on a white background and they can't make enough product to sell.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DoggPickle posted:

It should be a requirement that you have to dance like the ad if you bring one to a business meeting.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Look at these loving morons in the Black & White Zanyverse all sitting on the couch, with their CRT TV facing away from their field of vision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o59P52_0tOQ

You stupid sons of bitches. I hope your Rabbit TV USB dongle sets your house on fire.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Augh, gently caress those NYQuits smoking ads of people dying with cancer. I seriously don't need to be reminded about what chemo felt like or told how slow and painful it was, thanks.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gonz posted:

Look at these loving morons in the Black & White Zanyverse all sitting on the couch, with their CRT TV facing away from their field of vision:

You stupid sons of bitches. I hope your Rabbit TV USB dongle sets your house on fire.

999 channels plus one channel that's just an endless loop of cloned children in bunny costumes hopping around in an infinite void.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Gonz posted:

Apparently it's just shortcuts to Hulu and Netflix, hahahahha

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Gonz posted:

I spent a good portion of a paycheck on a big tv a couple years ago, good amount of time running speaker cable through the attic, calibrating levels, running an auto-eq for each channel with a test microphone in various spots in the room only to come home a few months later to our couch turned like that "it's more open!" (I can drag it back pretty easy at least though)

I had to look up what that is, apparently just a usb drive that has an autorun.ini on it that launches a website, a website with just links to hundreds of other websites, local news and such with videos on them. edit: beaten. didn't see that.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 11, 2013

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Gonz posted:

It's just $10! Service, $10 a year automatic renewal until cancelled

Doesn't sound all that FREE to me.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

rockinricky posted:

It's just $10! Service, $10 a year automatic renewal until cancelled

Doesn't sound all that FREE to me.

Also it's just a link to webpages you can already visit without the dongle

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Internetting can be HARD.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

But does it come with that horrifying rabbit-child video?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Hahah where do you guys live that you get these insane ads? Fully half the things posted here, I have never seen. That rabbit tv ad is hilarious. They look just as uncomfortable squished onto the couch facing the wrong way after the "upgrade"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Kia forte ad that plays the Human Being song from Drive make me laugh. I feel like Ryan Gosling should appear at the end and beat the guy to death with a hammer or something.

knife super power
Nov 4, 2010
[quote="John Cenas Jorts" post="414105257"]
I cannot loving stand this new series of Burger King commercials. The one where there is some hellish Whopper Jr. dance party inexplicably filled with occupational stereotypes and the one where the manager is singing to the same people. For some reason the music in both is just so annoying and grating to me. Also, I rarely eat at Burger King, but didn't the Whopper Jr. used to be 99 cents? So all that these people are celebrating is that their sandwich is now 30 cents more expensive? :toot:

There's one of these commercials where a black guy in a police uniform shows up, and it just sounds to me like he says "A five girl whopper junior?"

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Normally, I kinda like the Progressive Flo ads. Until this came along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpE-MYBXnag

I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

It should be illegal to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABI_jvXmwPw

There is no way those two families would go their separate ways without considerably more profanity, threats of violence, and possibly an attempt at a lawsuit.

The one dad seems wholly unconcerned that his child was almost killed, in one angle you can see him casually sauntering after his child running toward a clearly moving vehicle (see 17-18 seconds in).