Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
@fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm @hulkamatt. Please send me insulting tweets and pictures of animal butts.

Edit for content:

AJ posted:

Back on Tomb Raider...quick question: Was I supposed to help the guy trapped under rubble... and not shoot him in the face with an arrow?

Big E posted:

@WWEAJLee It's astounding that you're able to play video games with a broken sternum! You're this generation's Rosie the Riveter! #Heroine

AJ posted:

@BigELangston I have hired an assistant to play for me as I shout out instructions. Sternum status: still shattered.

Big E posted:

@WWEAJLee So resourceful! If I know anything about wrestling-related torso injuries, wrapping it in athletic tape should heal it up quickly.

@WWEAJLee Does your assistant also bathe you? Because I can find plenty of people on the internet that will happily do that for free.

AJ posted:

@BigELangston My assistant is actually @HEELZiggler ...so yes.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 12, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

apsouthern posted:

I'll have a look at updating the OP later, but for now...

This is the best thing. It's going into the charts as well, the WWE can't buy this sort of publicity

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This is the best thing. It's going into the charts as well, the WWE can't buy this sort of publicity

If they're right on the cusp of the top ten, they should absolutely be having employees in the UK buy the song as many times as they can.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Goog posted:

If they're right on the cusp of the top ten, they should absolutely be having employees in the UK buy the song as many times as they can.

Ain't going to happen so long as the "Thatcher sucks" Vs "NO THATCHER WAS AWSUM AND I WANT TO gently caress HER CORPSE" battles continue.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I don't think it works that way really, just one more song to beat, and I don't think it's going to be a big difference. Might even help since people who really want The Witch Is Dead up there won't buy other stuff.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't think it works that way really, just one more song to beat, and I don't think it's going to be a big difference. Might even help since people who really want The Witch Is Dead up there won't buy other stuff.

Britain's currently in the middle of some poo poo. A lot of it being class warfare. Excuse us if we don't placate the lovely wrestling song.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Gonzo McFee posted:

Britain's currently in the middle of some poo poo. A lot of it being class warfare. Excuse us if we don't placate the lovely wrestling song.

And yet you have the time and ability to complain about that lovely wrestling song on the internet. I'm sorry we're advocating having a bit of fun despite the current situation.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

sunsweet posted:

And yet you have the time and ability to complain about that lovely wrestling song on the internet. I'm sorry we're advocating having a bit of fun despite the current situation.

Only way it's getting played is if it's a special Grave side edition of "Strictly Come Dancing".

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

if you play fandango's theme backwards it says "gently caress margret thatcher", you guys can now join in on the fun

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

apsouthern posted:

I'll have a look at updating the OP later, but for now...

I've never been more ashamed to be a blue (That's a lie but this is pretty high up there)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

sunsweet posted:

The fact it's got so high, and I think it will crack the top 30, is a drat near miracle. The WWE's viewership over here isn't all that high - the average viewing figures for both Raw and Smackdown over here is 125,000. That Fandago's theme has sold enough (as of midnight Thursday into Friday) to even get into the chart is, as I said, a damned miracle

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Here's more of that conversation

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

my god, it's beautiful

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Gonzo McFee posted:

because it's totally important that The Witch is Dead is number one or the Tories win

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want to believe Johnny Curtis is sitting there making those photoshops himself.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The fact it's got so high, and I think it will crack the top 30, is a drat near miracle. The WWE's viewership over here isn't all that high - the average viewing figures for both Raw and Smackdown over here is 125,000. That Fandago's theme has sold enough (as of midnight Thursday into Friday) to even get into the chart is, as I said, a damned miracle

Obviously the time slot is horrible for you guys, but I'm still surprised the ratings are so low. As an American judging solely by the Internet it almost seems like wrestling's more popular over there than it is here judging by the high percentages of British fans you see here and elsewhere online.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Thauros posted:

Obviously the time slot is horrible for you guys, but I'm still surprised the ratings are so low. As an American judging solely by the Internet it almost seems like wrestling's more popular over there than it is here judging by the high percentages of British fans you see here and elsewhere online.

the 125k for Raw is for the first showing, the replay on Thursday hovers around the 60-70k mark. The first run Smackdown gets around, if not higher, figures than Raw. But bear in mind, the channels that WWE is shown over here have awful reach, between 1.5 million and 400 thousand, so the figures as a percentage of reach are awesome. They really need to somehow get a free-to-air deal, but that's never going to happen

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

backstory for all two of you that aren't following NJPW right now(you should be):

Okada, just wrestled a series of amazing matches. So he went out and blew quite a bit of cash Ric Flair style. So now he's selling memorabilia, Ric Flair style. TAKA hates Okada.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

the 125k for Raw is for the first showing, the replay on Thursday hovers around the 60-70k mark. The first run Smackdown gets around, if not higher, figures than Raw. But bear in mind, the channels that WWE is shown over here have awful reach, between 1.5 million and 400 thousand, so the figures as a percentage of reach are awesome. They really need to somehow get a free-to-air deal, but that's never going to happen

They make more money this way so it's doubtful they'd ever switch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh and Fergal Devitt is a real jerk.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

coconono posted:

oh and Fergal Devitt is a real jerk.

I suspect he hasn't told that dude where the mask has been.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I finally realized I have 3 twitter accounts for some reason. I keep forgetting I have one and make a new one. I'm new to Tweeting but you can follow me @liarlyreSA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm not sure Karl Marx envisioned the battleground as the iTunes charts

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Very, very serious poo poo. Extremely serious, as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6cnryxwH6A

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

@realscottyriggs posted:

#AmericanMales will sell double aluminum RT"@RealJimmyHart: Turner in negotiations with WWE on how to put WCW themes out...stay tuned baby!"

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

That Fandango Everton thing is bizarre and amazing, never expected my team to interact with wrestling in any way

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

njsykora posted:

I suspect he hasn't told that dude where the mask has been.

Dude's Irish, I suspect he doesn't care.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Big E is back

Big E Langston posted:

An official asked me for my ID, employer, height, weight, then fingerprinted me. Jail? Nope. GameStop trade-in? Somehow, yes.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

bobkatt013 posted:

Big E is back

Someday, he will simply point to his face on the cover of WWE '16 or something.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
He bought Arkham City.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Because he has a death wish, the guy who was pestering Colt Cabana is now bothering Kevin Steen.

Also, somebody made this https://twitter.com/__Neutralizer/status/323599767215153152/photo/1

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Pinkie Sanchez has had enough of your poo poo, Blake.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Bret Hart posted:

my comments to Arda about Trip H Lezner match being 4 out of 10, was in reference to a sign someone held up on Raw.

I in truth thought they had the second best match of the night, and both worked very hard. Hope that clarifys things.

Somebody's trying to stay in WWE's good books. Ah well, beats "I WAS HACKED."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gently caress YOU ARIES

Austin Healy Aries" posted:

Hmm..bad day for the Boston Police and Counter Terrorism Task Force. Multiple bombs snuck into such a high profile event? How? #AskQuestions

Austin Healy Aries" posted:

Hmm...bad day for Boston Police and Counter Terrorism Task Force. Multiple bombs snuck into such a high profile event? How? #FAIL

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 15, 2013

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

gently caress YOU ARIES

Came here to post that. He quickly deleted it and replaced #AskQuestions with #FAIL

loving wankpiece.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!

bobkatt013 posted:

gently caress YOU ARIES

Wow, what a loving shitheel.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Oh for fucks sake you cynical twat.

quote:

"@TerryMcIvor: @AustinAries thought the #AskQuestions tag was more appropriate" Absolutely...hard to believe our "security" is this inept...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Keep on digging you gently caress

"Austin Healy Aries posted:

"@TerryMcIvor: @AustinAries thought the #AskQuestions tag was more appropriate" Absolutely...hard to believe our "security" is this inept...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!
I don't have a Twitter account, but from what I can tell he deleted all the replies to his first tweet, including the one that took him to task for being less than compassionate.