Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Elizabeth's look when she says "are you sure?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

Kalos posted:

Somewhat undermined since if you choose to harvest even once you get bad ending where you've devolved into an unstoppable adam-addicted monster.

Technically it was 1 or less harvested for the good ending, 2 or more for the bad ending, and all for the worst ending.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Let's face it - if a game had an achievement for killing kids it would get major flak. (Unless it penalized you like in Fallout 1-2)
Anyway's played Bioshock 2 for the first time in ages with Minerva's Den and I got to say the underwater (outside) segments are really nice.
I also got to say say something about the idle chit-chat the splicers have, some of it is seriously depressing.

//Edit//
FF XIII-2:
Typhon's (yes that's how its spelled in-game) motivation lost attack, where it looks like his meds just ran out, and now Ultros has to give him a few turns of pep-talk. Some of it like - "I guess you don't need that salary" is funny but then there are lines like "I need you" and "It's just you and me pal" that show how close they. :3:

When using a human character such as Sazh, Snow, or Lightning, as one of your monsters, Serah and Noel will still treat them like animals.
"You deserve a treat."
"Good boy!"

scarycave has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Apr 12, 2013

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
^^^

Dante's Inferno had an achievement for killing 20 babies.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Dante's Inferno also mailed money to game reviewers so let's not get carried away with morals here

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oppenheimer posted:

^^^

Yeah, but that game had a guy stitching a giant "T" into his chest. Clearly no good decisions were being made there.

A great example of a little thing are the sanity effects in Don't Starve. Some mobs change into strange versions of themselves covered in hair when your sanity is low. Plus creepy shadow hands try to grab you when it gets dark out. It becomes quite oppressive after a while. But you can raise your sanity by doing sane things such as: picking flowers, wearing a hat, or eating homecooked food.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

FauxGateau posted:

But you can raise your sanity by doing sane things such as: picking flowers, wearing a hat, or eating homecooked food.
That reminds me of the "Homesick" status ailment in Earthbound. It affected only the main player character and happened when he hadn't talked to his mother in a while (either in person or on the phone). It made him whiff turns in battle because he was distracted by thoughts of his mother or his favorite food. It could be cured by calling or visiting his mom. He could also be made to forget about his homesickness temporarily by using the Chick item, which made him feel happy. :3:

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

FauxGateau posted:

Yeah, but that game had a guy stitching a giant "T" into his chest.

That's a cross.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Dante's Inferno also mailed money to game reviewers so let's not get carried away with morals here

Really? Ahahahaha!

In Dante's Inferno, the Gluttons can attack you with explosive diarrhea.

Oppenheimer posted:

They were Unbaptized demon babies.

scarycave has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Apr 12, 2013

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Buzkashi posted:

That's a cross.

Across from where?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Buzkashi posted:

That's a cross.

Across from where?

Speaking of crosses. In Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin you fight the memory of the Vampire Killer's last master. Ironically enough he's weak against the dark element. At that point in the game you don't have many options for a fair fight. So one way to cheese him is to use the Cream Pie subweapon that just so happens to have the dark element attached to it. It travels in a downward arc so he can't hit you while you rain comedy upon him. Plus it doesn't cost that much magic to use so it's a very viable option if you wanna simply beat the fight.

Pre-Edit: Big Grunty Secret knows what's up.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

scarycave posted:

Really? Ahahahaha!

In Dante's Inferno, the Gluttons can attack you with explosive diarrhea.

They were Unbaptized demon babies.

Yeah apparently the company sent some video game critics $200 checks just out of the blue, supposedly as a way to highlight the deadly sin of greed. They also sent wooden boxes to other critics that played "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, which could only be silenced by destroying the box with a hammer they also provided (which meant the recipient had given in to the sin of wrath).

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
EA also paid people to people to hang out by the development studio holding signs and pretending to be Christian protesters.

My favorite little thing about Dante's Inferno is its marketing. :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah apparently the company sent some video game critics $200 checks just out of the blue, supposedly as a way to highlight the deadly sin of greed. They also sent wooden boxes to other critics that played "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley, which could only be silenced by destroying the box with a hammer they also provided (which meant the recipient had given in to the sin of wrath).

Kalos posted:

EA also paid people to people to hang out by the development studio holding signs and pretending to be Christian protesters.

My favorite little thing about Dante's Inferno is its marketing. :allears:

poo poo. That's amazing. I love companies and their higher-ups that have a sense of humor.
For example...[skip to 0:40]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ZFA4me4iw
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-xsBZ_Nqo

scarycave has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Apr 12, 2013

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I tried playing Bioshock 2, but I had promblems. I got about 15 or 20 minutes in, then the game crashed when I tried to pause it. Every time I tried to play it after that, GFWL tried to install an update and it stopped responding 1/8 of the way through. The same thing happened the next 2 times I tried to play. There was no option to skip the update.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Ariong posted:

I tried playing Bioshock 2, but I had promblems. I got about 15 or 20 minutes in, then the game crashed when I tried to pause it. Every time I tried to play it after that, GFWL tried to install an update and it stopped responding 1/8 of the way through. The same thing happened the next 2 times I tried to play. There was no option to skip the update.

That's a pretty weird favourite little thing.

For me I have to say I've been loving the new Metal Gear Rising DLC where you play as one of the villains of the main story.
Not only does his fighting style have its own completely different pace and priorities but they managed to get his personality to come across in every little animation they gave him. The DLC story itself was short but the character they did for it is probably the best example I can think of for doing an alternate download character right. Honestly it's just a drat shame you can only play as him there.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/electronic-arts-marketing-of-dantes-inferno.html

The Dante's Inferno ad campaign is really the strangest thing this side of Acclaim. It could have potentially been really interesting ARG type stuff but most of them were really bad ideas or just lame.

I've been playing Resident Evil 6 lately and one thing I'm kinda torn on is that if you run over dead bodies, the player character will actually trip over them. While it's kinda neat that bodies don't just become incorporeal upon death, it is annoying in the way you would assume.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I like in Dark Souls the bodies are basically ragdolls with minimal mass so they can actually get caught on you and flop around as you try to shake them off. :supaburn:

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
In Demon's Souls there was a rockworm monster that had the same weightless ragdoll corpse thing so it looked like an enormous crusty dick flopping around on the floor. It was gross

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also dragon corpses in Skyrim. You can't walk through them but if you shoot them with spell projectiles they go bouncing all over the landscape.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

scarycave posted:

poo poo. That's amazing. I love companies and their higher-ups that have a sense of humor.
For example...[skip to 0:40]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ZFA4me4iw
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-xsBZ_Nqo

Was that Cliffy B and Hideo Kojima? :psyduck:

Sad lions posted:

That's a pretty weird favourite little thing.

For me I have to say I've been loving the new Metal Gear Rising DLC where you play as one of the villains of the main story.
Not only does his fighting style have its own completely different pace and priorities but they managed to get his personality to come across in every little animation they gave him. The DLC story itself was short but the character they did for it is probably the best example I can think of for doing an alternate download character right. Honestly it's just a drat shame you can only play as him there.

My favorite little thing about rising is Jetstream Sam's smug face. :3:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Anatharon posted:

Was that Cliffy B and Hideo Kojima? :psyduck:

Yes. Yes it was.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

haveblue posted:

Also dragon corpses in Skyrim. You can't walk through them but if you shoot them with spell projectiles they go bouncing all over the landscape.

You actually can walk right through dragon corpses. :confused: I do it all the time while I'm looting them or when the game bugs out and they randomly fall out of the sky. It is a lot more fun to send them flying with spells though, that is true.

If you want to have a little more fun, you can basically clear out populated areas by killing a dragon, waiting for all the gawking NPCs to gather around the corpse, and then send it flying off with a spell. They'll basically just chase the corpse around to gawk at it some more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I haven't played Skyrim since around the time it came out. I think I meant that only spells can really send them flying.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

I'm so very, very behind on video games because I only just within the last week picked up Mass Effect for the first time. I like how, even at the start of the game, there are soldiers standing at attention at the doors off the bridge of the Normandy (like outside the comm room) that salute when Commander Shepard walks by. Such a little thing but its great to stroll by and watch them click their heels and salute as you stroll on out to the mess hall. Really makes me feel as though my character commands respect from the get-go.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

Techno Remix posted:

I'm so very, very behind on video games because I only just within the last week picked up Mass Effect for the first time. I like how, even at the start of the game, there are soldiers standing at attention at the doors off the bridge of the Normandy (like outside the comm room) that salute when Commander Shepard walks by. Such a little thing but its great to stroll by and watch them click their heels and salute as you stroll on out to the mess hall. Really makes me feel as though my character commands respect from the get-go.

Just wait until you hit Mass Effect 3. If you don't spend time in the crew deck chasing down this one wandering guy to make him salute you every time, you're not projecting hard enough.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

My favourite part was shooting down potential love interests by reminding them that I was the god drat captain!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

280 less ADAM total over the course of the game if you rescue them, and you only get half as much for rescuing each as you do for harvesting them. The rest comes from care packages which you can only find at Gardens after each third Sister you've rescued. So it's a choice between "do I get instant gratification and more resources" or "do I do the 'good' thing and take a small hit to my final resource total".

I wonder though, does that count research? You can still save Little Sisters, but as an added bonus to Tenenbaum's rewards, you can use the research camera and every few pictures of a Sister will give you a small boost in health and Adam. I wonder if it works out about even if you take the research into account, or if that 280 includes the pictures you can take.

Kalos posted:

Somewhat undermined since if you choose to harvest even once you get bad ending where you've devolved into an unstoppable adam-addicted monster.

Not exactly - in the PC version, you can harvest ONE Little Sister and save the rest, and still get the good ending.

scarycave posted:

If you could grab the giant hand I would have flung that around too. There's just something satisfying about wrecking the place. Still doesn't help ease the blow of that one recording you find in there - those poor kids.:smith:

In the first game, the part that hit me hard (similar to what you mention) is in Point Prometheus, when you can go into one of the medical rooms near the "lockdown" rooms that the sisters sleep in. "No Dr. Suchong! I don't wanna go on the table!

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Apr 13, 2013

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

Ozz81 posted:

I wonder though, does that count research? You can still save Little Sisters, but as an added bonus to Tenenbaum's rewards, you can use the research camera and every few pictures of a Sister will give you a small boost in health and Adam. I wonder if it works out about even if you take the research into account, or if that 280 includes the pictures you can take.

You can take pictures of them either way, and the Little Sister research reward is increased max Health and EVE(mana), not ADAM(funny money).

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Ozz81 posted:

Not exactly - in the PC version, you can harvest ONE Little Sister and save the rest, and still get the good ending.

In the first game, the part that hit me hard (similar to what you mention) is in Point Prometheus, when you can go into one of the medical rooms near the "lockdown" rooms that the sisters sleep in. "No Dr. Suchong! I don't wanna go on the table!

Everything involving Suchong and a child is guaranteed to be horribly depressing, the little boy and his puppy one for instance, even worse when you take into account that the little boy is Jack. It's some compensation to know that Suchong got excavated via drill for hitting a little sister in front of a Big-Daddy, when before those girls had nobody to protect them from him and nobody could careless what he did to those kids.

The Orphanage is one of the scariest places in the game due to all the abusive undertones, the wall drawings.

So after playing Minerva's Den I managed to rescue all the little sisters in the first area...and I completely forgot that when you do that in a level a Big Sister comes out. Of course, I did it during a special story momment where three fiery Brute splicers are sent after you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

scarycave posted:

Everything involving Suchong and a child is guaranteed to be horribly depressing, the little boy and his puppy one for instance, even worse when you take into account that the little boy is Jack. It's some compensation to know that Suchong got excavated via drill for hitting a little sister in front of a Big-Daddy, when before those girls had nobody to protect them from him and nobody could careless what he did to those kids.

It's quite ironic really, considering he struck one of the girl out of frustration because he thought the pair-bonding between Big Daddy and Little Sister didn't work.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

scarycave posted:

Everything involving Suchong and a child is guaranteed to be horribly depressing

It's kind of ironic that, with how much of Bioshock Infinite was about racism, the only non-white character in the original Bioshock was one of the most sadistic and evil.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's kind of ironic that, with how much of Bioshock Infinite was about racism, the only non-white character in the original Bioshock was one of the most sadistic and evil.
And the ex-Nazi that worked in the death camps and saw the Holocaust not as a horrible atrocity but a waste of research was the only good guy.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fizbin posted:

You can take pictures of them either way, and the Little Sister research reward is increased max Health and EVE(mana), not ADAM(funny money).

Derp, you're right :doh: I was gettting Adam mixed up with Eve/Health. Still good to know that whether you harvest or save the sisters, there's minimal difference in the amount of Adam you get.

Speaking of the sisters, I kinda wish the first Bioshock had used the models for the sisters in the second game that looked more "real" - not a huge deal but I always felt the sisters in the first game felt a bit cartoony with their proportions.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's quite ironic really, considering he struck one of the girl out of frustration because he thought the pair-bonding between Big Daddy and Little Sister didn't work.

That was an awesome diary, hearing Suchong get his comeuppance, and right as you get the second dose of Lot 192 to break Fontaine's mind control.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Apr 13, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Playing through the Bioshock 2 add-on: Minerva's Den and just generally getting used to everything.

So, in one part, there's this one room with a grate in the corner, I crouched to knock it down and was left face to face with a little sister robot. In the same room there's an audio diary of a scientist getting drunk because Ryan was not happy how they turned out, then you look down to find - a corpse with some alcohol bottles. The things they do to the optional little areas. :allears:

Even earlier, in the technologies demonstration lobby, there's a machine called a baby-reader. Underneath it is a baby carriage...in the baby carriage...a can of beans.

About near the end of the first area, you get the Gravity-Well plasmid (not a spoiler because porter tells you about it early on, its like another Electro-bolt for opening certain doors), the plasmid itself is hella fun to use. You throw it, and then the titular well pulls up and sucks everything into a rag-doll dust cloud (your bots included) and any other object affected by the game engine, including the propane tanks.

I had a personal scare when I tried to use it on a Big Sister - I was at a point where I pissed off the ruskie bad-guy and he sicked three Fiery brute splicers (I didn't know there were three at the time, only one snuck in the room when I approached the door) after me, I went to the pipe to drop the sister off and I completely forgot that this triggers the big sister. So knowing she's coming (the game tells you - plus shrieking) I went into the bigger room where the other two were and she plopped down. I immediately threw the gravity well, and it started sucking up everything, thinking I was safe I got closer, cue the Big Sister's dash attack.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm playing through Divinity 2: Developer's Cut at the moment, and the whole game is just stuffed full of little things. Despite the bugs and performance issues (stuttering :argh:), you can really feel just how much love Larian Studios put into this game.

It's in everything, like how you can actually be a total dickbag evil bastard without just killing everyone, like the "evil" path is in so many RPGs. Putting stuff like "Yeah, I'm magnificent, I know" as a dialogue option when a peasant is thanking you for clearing the trolls out of their mine is brilliant. Every single dialogue in the game will present you with at least a few ways to be a snarky rear end in a top hat and insult whoever you're talking to, even major plot-related characters.

You can solve that same troll-clearing quest in so many different ways, too. You can kill the sorceror conjuring the trolls, but you can also remove the friendship rune from the portal he's using, turning the trolls on him instead. However, the best solution comes from hunting a bit around the game world and finding a chicken rune. Giving this to the sorceror and convincing him to stop antagonizing the village makes him start summoning chickens for the village instead :3:

The game starts out in Ye Olde Standarde Fantasy Worlde, I guess this probably meant a lot of people found it boring and formulaic. However, once you get out of that starting area, the game takes a sharp turn towards Awesome Town. You'll have your very own battle tower, complete with your own necromancer, alchemist, combat trainer, smith, musician, dancer, minions (Tom, Dick and Harry) who you can send on fetch quests, hermaphroditic illusionist to change your appearance (and gender!) and it all makes you feel like a total badass waging war against another total badass who commands flying fortresses and legions of hilariously evil bastards. Mindreading them (and everyone else, really) usually brings rewards or at least something funny. Seriously, read the mind of everyone in the entire game. It's so worth the small XP cost.

Oh yeah, you can read minds and talk to the dead right from the beginning of the game. And once you're out of the starting area, you can turn into a huge fire-spewing dragon, which is pretty awesome.

Another thing I absolute love is the sheer amount of detail put into the equipment in the game. Every piece of armor, every weapon and shield have such amazing details to look at. There are no basic boring swords and axes, everything has a little special something added. I guess you could argue this makes everything look way too "busy", but I just love the equipment design. Most of the environments are pretty detailed as well, little touches everywhere really makes it feel like everything was made 100% by hand.

So yeah, totally buggy game that required 2(!) re-releases to become playable, ignored by almost everyone, but so ridiculously stuffed full of love from the developers.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Actually, the directors cut and Dragon Knight Saga versions are identical except for the dev console and commentary.

You missed the best part though: Maxos.

Early on in the game you meet an evil mage you can constantly torment by mentioning the name of his dead but superior master, Maxos. And I mean constantly. There's a line while he's dying along the lines of "Say high to MAXOS for me!"

Then in the expansion
You can ask a dying man to, if he sees the evil mage, to tell him "Maxos says hi!"

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mokinokaro posted:

Actually, the directors cut and Dragon Knight Saga versions are identical except for the dev console and commentary.

You missed the best part though: Maxos.

Early on in the game you meet an evil mage you can constantly torment by mentioning the name of his dead but superior master, Maxos. And I mean constantly. There's a line while he's dying along the lines of "Say high to MAXOS for me!"

Then in the expansion
You can ask a dying man to, if he sees the evil mage, to tell him "Maxos says hi!"

The Maxos thing is brilliant, such a good example of just how dickish the game lets you be.

More gratuitous equipment detail:

Straight from my own game on high detail settings (there's an "extreme" setting as well, but that mostly just jacks up the LoD cutoff distance). For a game originally released in 2009, the amount of detail that's gone into the textures is amazing. Just look at the stitching on the leather. You can tell the developers are total swords+armor nerds.

Oh, and that dude is just a lowly mine foreman. The big cheeses have much more elaborate armor.

E: Oh wow, I just got the Terminator reference in Flames of Vengeance. That's pretty awesome. I also found out that if you kill enough rabbits, an invincible bloodstained white rabbit spawns and tears you to bits. How this game was never more popular, I have no idea.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Apr 13, 2013

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

I'm playing through Divinity 2: Developer's Cut at the moment, and the whole game is just stuffed full of little things. Despite the bugs and performance issues (stuttering :argh:), you can really feel just how much love Larian Studios put into this game.

It's in everything, like how you can actually be a total dickbag evil bastard without just killing everyone, like the "evil" path is in so many RPGs. Putting stuff like "Yeah, I'm magnificent, I know" as a dialogue option when a peasant is thanking you for clearing the trolls out of their mine is brilliant. Every single dialogue in the game will present you with at least a few ways to be a snarky rear end in a top hat and insult whoever you're talking to, even major plot-related characters.

You can solve that same troll-clearing quest in so many different ways, too. You can kill the sorceror conjuring the trolls, but you can also remove the friendship rune from the portal he's using, turning the trolls on him instead. However, the best solution comes from hunting a bit around the game world and finding a chicken rune. Giving this to the sorceror and convincing him to stop antagonizing the village makes him start summoning chickens for the village instead :3:

The game starts out in Ye Olde Standarde Fantasy Worlde, I guess this probably meant a lot of people found it boring and formulaic. However, once you get out of that starting area, the game takes a sharp turn towards Awesome Town. You'll have your very own battle tower, complete with your own necromancer, alchemist, combat trainer, smith, musician, dancer, minions (Tom, Dick and Harry) who you can send on fetch quests, hermaphroditic illusionist to change your appearance (and gender!) and it all makes you feel like a total badass waging war against another total badass who commands flying fortresses and legions of hilariously evil bastards. Mindreading them (and everyone else, really) usually brings rewards or at least something funny. Seriously, read the mind of everyone in the entire game. It's so worth the small XP cost.

Oh yeah, you can read minds and talk to the dead right from the beginning of the game. And once you're out of the starting area, you can turn into a huge fire-spewing dragon, which is pretty awesome.

Another thing I absolute love is the sheer amount of detail put into the equipment in the game. Every piece of armor, every weapon and shield have such amazing details to look at. There are no basic boring swords and axes, everything has a little special something added. I guess you could argue this makes everything look way too "busy", but I just love the equipment design. Most of the environments are pretty detailed as well, little touches everywhere really makes it feel like everything was made 100% by hand.

So yeah, totally buggy game that required 2(!) re-releases to become playable, ignored by almost everyone, but so ridiculously stuffed full of love from the developers.

This single post made me buy this game on Steam. Well done you.

I picked up StarCraft 2. I'm not likely to be trying any multiplayer, but what I do really like from the campaign is the Terran music. It's just so unlike the usual RTS drums-n-orchestras or metal soundtracks.

What I also enjoy is that on Normal at least playing the game like you would multiplayer (SCVs everywhere and never stop building things) wrecks the difficulty and you can stomp through Zerg bases with dozens of angry redneck Marines. They're such a satisfying unit to use.

Dr Snofeld has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Apr 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cool! I hope you like it as much as I do :)

Here are a couple of ambiance shots I just grabbed of a cool location in-game. It's the scene of a climactic fight, but the pictures won't spoil anything for you other than how cool the area looks.

Everything in the game is pretty much all just basic geometry. I think this is particularly impressive considering this all runs on the Gamebryo engine. They've got the old bird pulling some pretty decent polygons in a couple of areas. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like antialiasing at all, which is a great shame.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Apr 14, 2013

• Locked thread