Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Richard Bong posted:

Whats the context on this? Also I want to know if he ruined the magazine.
About 200 ISM activists were stopped from entering a highway by ISF, and then blocked the highway for about an hour before escalating the situation by trying to force their way past the soldiers with the obvious & inevitable results.

No word on if the ISM activist was able to help the soldier properly seat his magazine or not.

wikipedia posted:

April, 2012

On April 14, a group of at least 200 pro-Palestinian activists were traveling on bicycles, and several buses in a silent protest. They were stopped by Israeli soldiers before entering onto Highway 90, and asked not to continue for their own safety. The legality of the protesters action is unclear as some news agencies state the cyclists got permission to protest but others state no permit was given. During the ensuing hour, the activists refused and blocked an entrance to a highway, a "scuffle" broke out. In an interview given by one of the members he stated "בשלב מסויים החלטנו לאתגר את החיילים ולנסות להמשיך בנסיעה" ("... at some point we decided to test the soldiers and continue to move") and after a few moments they had been assaulted. In an interview for JPost "After about half-an-hour, he said, the cyclists decided to push past the IDF, and that is when the violence began." Four activists sustained face and back injuries and had to be evacuated to a hospital in Jericho, West Bank. The next day, ISM posted a video showing an IDF officer hitting a Danish protester in the face with his assault rifle. The IDF officer said that he was attacked by one of the activists in the incident with a stick, breaking two fingers. The IDF said it was a "grave incident" and was suspending the officer and investigating the incident. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, President Shimon Peres, and IDF Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Benny Gantz all condemned the incident. NGO Monitor said that ISM "has a long record of encouraging activists to take ‘direct action’ that often places them in danger and in direct confrontations with the IDF."

grover fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

elite_garbage_man posted:

His magazine wasn't fully seated so that dude offered his face to be used as part of the immediate action drill.

That's a new and creative perspective with the S in SPORTS meaning smash the magazine baseplate into a protester's face. :stare:

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

grover posted:

No word on if the ISM activist was able to help the soldier properly seat his magazine or not.

They never tell you the important details.

Has anyone actually seen one of these in the wild? I know a lot of disappointed Cav scouts that thought they would ride them because it was in the video the recruiter showed them.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Richard Bong posted:

I know a lot of disappointed Cav scouts that thought they would ride them because it was in the video the recruiter showed them.

Yikes, I cant imagine how difficult it must be to ride those through a rough terrain with a full kit, weapon and backpack.

Nog
May 15, 2006

SF always had a bunch of random dirtbikes and quadrunners they kept around, nothing like that though. We even fixed two broken dirtbikes that belonged to one team we worked with and they said we could keep them since we got them running. I really wanted to let my weapons squad use them on long dismounted missions.

Never seen an actual, legit US Army dirtbike though. The idea of fielding actual dirtbike platoons sounds like a genuinely good idea to me though.

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

Richard Bong posted:

Has anyone actually seen one of these in the wild? I know a lot of disappointed Cav scouts that thought they would ride them because it was in the video the recruiter showed them.

Dude, that's 80s tech. Surely you've seen the training videos.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

GyverMac posted:

Yikes, I cant imagine how difficult it must be to ride those through a rough terrain with a full kit, weapon and backpack.

Yeah the center of gravity being so high would be a huge problem for me, you would think they would have some saddlebags or something, hell ratbike riders use Mk 19 cans as bags.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

quite

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011

Richard Bong posted:

We had some tiny 50/80cc models. We got a new shipment that came in 2 large new boxes so they thought they got 2 125cc models like the Air Force STS uses. They broke open the two big boxes to find that each had two smaller boxes in them with a tiny model in them. I heard they ended up damaging one of them on the first day by jumping it off of stuff at the airfield.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

i maintain buttes should be appropriate everywhere, but this is probably the only subforum that seems 'normal' to me so i'll respect your ways

RNZAF A4-K Skyhawk (which were retired in 2001, and as far as I know we don't have a replacement for, although it'd be hard to argue we need them)

Snowdens Secret posted:

E: all you gotta do is change the IMG to a link and add :nws: I'm sure it was fine otherwise

Cheers but eh better safe than sorry, also thinking about it I only received permission to post it in the drunk thread hah

Click Beelay fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 14, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Drunk thread is one thing but for this thread you might want to NWS that

E: all you gotta do is change the IMG to a link and add :nws: I'm sure it was fine otherwise

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 14, 2013

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
FWIW I like the butt pic.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnwqu6IDeHg&t=45s

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

grover posted:

About 200 ISM activists were stopped from entering a highway by ISF, and then blocked the highway for about an hour before escalating the situation by trying to force their way past the soldiers with the obvious & inevitable results.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So Palestinian incompetence is Israel's fault?

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

LYING ABOUT BEING A US MARINE

HATING ON TRANSPEOPLE BUT SECRETLY DATING ONE

CLAIMING TO HAVE PTSD ON MY OKCUPID PROFILE

HAVING A TRIFORCE TATTOO ON MY NECK

No. gently caress you.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Incoming IP discussion! ! I'm gettin' out of here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Godholio posted:

So Palestinian incompetence is Israel's fault?

If you apply the consequences of the post colonial condition school of thought, yeah.

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

front wing flexing posted:

If you apply the consequences of the post colonial condition school of thought, yeah.

Israeli's to a piece of nothingness lovely land in the desert and made something amazing. The Palestinians couldn't have given a gently caress before they thought they could have gotten something out of it. So many "Palestinians" live quite happily in Israel. I don't really see the point you're getting at. Shim might be able to back me up here but as jews we believe in an eye for an eye. In conclusion, gently caress the former nation of Palestine in it's rear end.

drunk post.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

WP CURES PALESTINE posted:

Israeli's to a piece of nothingness lovely land in the desert and made something amazing. The Palestinians couldn't have given a gently caress before they thought they could have gotten something out of it. So many "Palestinians" live quite happily in Israel. I don't really see the point you're getting at. Shim might be able to back me up here but as jews we believe in an eye for an eye. In conclusion, gently caress the former nation of Palestine in it's rear end.

drunk post.

I second this.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We should've delivered the Liberty in lieu of some of the hardware Israel actually purchased from us. "Oh, sorry, we misidentified the ship for something else."

Nog
May 15, 2006

Godholio posted:

We should've delivered the Liberty in lieu of some of the hardware Israel actually purchased from us. "Oh, sorry, we misidentified the ship for something else."

And then tell them it's okay, if you bring it back, we'll give you a refund. Except, when they try and sail it back we dress up in poor Syrian disguises and blow it to hell. Then we deny that it ever happened and it was us for like 30 years.

Edit:
Also, the CIA should "accidentally" kill a few Mossad agents every now and then.

Nog fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 14, 2013

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

drunk post.

I hate Israelis and Palestenians quite equally

You been home to the land of our fathers? You seriously couldn't pay me enough to live there.. the Economy is terrible, it's incredibly militant, there are jews everywhere (Seriously, do you really want to live in a majority jewish area? I don't.) and the entire culture is just... ughhhhhhhhh.

There is nothing worthwhile about that lovely little plot of land on the west side of the middle east, our species left that area for a reason, and I have yet to see anything worthwhile to drag this descendants rear end back there for anything more than the occasional war or MAYBE an awesome purim

Sorry I wasn't quite the backup you wanted :(

WP CURES PALESTINE
Jun 17, 2011
[ASK] ME about :

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

I hate Israelis and Palestenians quite equally

You been home to the land of our fathers? You seriously couldn't pay me enough to live there.. the Economy is terrible, it's incredibly militant, there are jews everywhere (Seriously, do you really want to live in a majority jewish area? I don't.) and the entire culture is just... ughhhhhhhhh.

There is nothing worthwhile about that lovely little plot of land on the west side of the middle east, our species left that area for a reason, and I have yet to see anything worthwhile to drag this descendants rear end back there for anything more than the occasional war or MAYBE an awesome purim

Sorry I wasn't quite the backup you wanted :(

Yeah I've been and hung out with my family out there. My family are like the least Jewy jews though. It's just traditional poo poo for us to be honest, my first night in the homeland was spent grilling pork on the porch drinking and playing with guns since my cousin is in the IDF.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ripped0ff posted:

Edit:
Also, the CIA should "accidentally" kill a few Mossad agents every now and then.

:lol:

If the CIA tried this they would end up assassinating a Chinese agent, followed by getting their entire team killed.

Either that or they'd try to do it with a Pred and blow up half of Tel Aviv.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
My grandparents are traditional European Jews who stubbornly refuse to follow basic societal rules (more the Euro than the Jewish part) so when they went to Israel they kept parking in no parking zones and the Israelis would have that poo poo on a truck heading to an impound yard in the middle of the desert within minutes. Car must've been towed at least three times. My grandparents insist this was not their fault and Israelis are assholes.

My sister also spent a few weeks there and complained it was "too Jewish". I still want to go sometime if I get a chance before Iran nukes it.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Yeah I've been and hung out with my family out there. My family are like the least Jewy jews though. It's just traditional poo poo for us to be honest, my first night in the homeland was spent grilling pork on the porch drinking and playing with guns since my cousin is in the IDF.

Yeah.. see, you can't say it's traditional stuff and then grill pork my man. The only thing we jews have is our traditions, and eating pig pretty much shits on the face of that idea.

So I mean, beyond that it's a genealogical trace back to a really lovely region with all the above mentioned problems.

Or a genealogical trace back to a really lovely religion with all the above mentioned problems.

Either way, it sucks.

My point being, you could grill pork and play with guns on all kinds of better beach's anywhere in the world, and not have to deal with being in Israel of all places.

I'm pretty confused by your whole gently caress Palestinians but watch me eat pig in Israel stance. So you don't hate them for being not jewish obviously, that's good.. but I guess you hate them for making GBS threads up the homeland? Well I got bad news for you friend, the homeland is and always was absolute poo poo, the muslims at least brought math and science to it.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

My point being, you could grill pork and play with guns on all kinds of better beach's anywhere in the world, and not have to deal with being in Israel of all places.

Much of Israel might be crap land but the beaches are top notch, man. Top notch.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Hey, here's a youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
israel owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGB-378V74
:jewish:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Israel does all kind of hosed poo poo and I wholly disagree with how they treat Palestine, that said, it's kinda nice to back a winner for once. Every body else we help in the region sucks poo poo at everything they do, but Israel is loving competent beyond measure. Too bad they keep selling our tech to China, though

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Feels like I'm in D&D almost! حركة المقاومة الاسلامية

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 18, 2013

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Why are we talking about I/P here?

Don't talk about I/P here.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I wish all of SA was I/P free.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dick Art is always relevant.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Rude. posted:

Feels like I'm in D&D almost! حركة المقاومة الاسلامية

I never got why we stopped using snakeeyes, the AIR kits are for lack of a better word retarded. A thing that looks like it's using giant razor blades to slow down is way more rad.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

I never got why we stopped using snakeeyes, the AIR kits are for lack of a better word retarded. A thing that looks like it's using giant razor blades to slow down is way more rad.

The Marines still have some I think. I saw them a couple of times at MCAS Yuma and pretty sure I saw the tail units on the Peleliu in 08 or 09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

"Upon the unit's return from deployment on Kelly hill Fort Benning ,this what they came to find when they returned from block leave."

Which one of you jokers did this

• Locked thread