Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterOfDemons
Mar 15, 2003

Custom phone cases, clocks, lighters and much more. Message me for details!
I'm still trying to find something for the new place. http://office-desks.nationalbusinessfurniture.com/60W-x-60D-Reversible-Compact-L-Desk-13281.aspx was something I was looking at. I need something at least 24" wide and prefer an L.

Space Jam posted:

Here's my current setup with absolutely shameful cable management (I used one velcro cable tie and said gently caress it)

That looks similar to what I had and can't find anywhere, where'd you pick it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

MasterOfDemons posted:

I'm still trying to find something for the new place. http://office-desks.nationalbusinessfurniture.com/60W-x-60D-Reversible-Compact-L-Desk-13281.aspx was something I was looking at. I need something at least 24" wide and prefer an L.

That looks similar to what I had and can't find anywhere, where'd you pick it up?

Staples :effort:

http://www.staples.com/Ergocraft-Ashton-L-Shaped-Desk/product-nr_923890

MasterOfDemons
Mar 15, 2003

Custom phone cases, clocks, lighters and much more. Message me for details!

Sweet. Saw that one, asked the guy at my local staples and he said they were discontinued. Lazy pricks. Thanks!

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I need to make my walls less blank.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I got a new 24" monitor which inspired me to clean and organize. Still in the middle of that, actually, but I got my desktop cleaned up...

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
New house, new desk.

Love not living like poo poo anymore.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Is that an ant farm or something?

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
Alas, no. It is merely sand and water.

Research Unix
Sep 30, 2012

MancXVI posted:

I built a whiteboard desk.

Rad keyboard

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Here's my current setup.

The floppy drive is just for decoration. :)

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Ron Burgundy posted:

New house, new desk.

Love not living like poo poo anymore.

What record player is that?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ZTeamIsDead posted:

Does it whistle when your cpu usage spikes?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On advice of goons in the GBS thread on choosing a more comfortable chair because of time spent sitting in it yadda yadda yadda, i decided to go full goon, and took a sawzall to the footrest of my old electric recliner so it would fit under the desk. It's incredibly ugly, but soooooooo comfy.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ZTeamIsDead posted:

What about the Wavebird?

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

devmd01 posted:

Does it whistle when your cpu usage spikes?

I would like to see my CPU usage being spiked, but my motherboard doesn't have a port for floppy drives. :shrug:

Electric Bugaloo posted:

What about the Wavebird?

The Wavebird is for playing GameCube/Wii games on Dolphin.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ZTeamIsDead posted:

I would like to see my CPU usage being spiked, but my motherboard doesn't have a port for floppy drives. :shrug:

*cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Gah! I feel stupid now for not getting the joke. :saddowns: Thanks for making me laugh though.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005

Flaggy posted:

What record player is that?

It's a Garrard 4HF. Great little turntable. Not what you would consider Hi-Fi anymore though.

Ron Burgundy fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 10, 2013

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I also recently jumped on the Galant train. Put together the 63" and the 42" pieces to make one long desk, part for me, part for the misses. I had to notch out part of the desk because of a column in the wall. Also learned that the $20 frame kit for the rounded extensions has two lengths of square steel that can be used to join two regular Galant sections together. So if you've got two normal Galants next to each other, get that $20 frame piece and throw out the metal plate that it comes with.

Here's the cutout, will hopefully get a better picture when I finish cleaning my poo poo off.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Ron Burgundy posted:

What's an earthquake? :australia:

This is an earthquake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Newcastle_earthquake

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
Turns out that there was a 5.0 in Kalgoorlie in 2010, but I don't even remember it making the news here (Perth).

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

For Lack of a Better Name
Just got my new computer built and moved my desk to a more compact corner (we have a small house) in the spare/office room. The stand is holding my old laptop and acting as a mouse pad mount but when I can afford a high end monitor, it's going on that table next to me for graphic design stuff. The little shelf holds my scanner, drawing tablet, and gaming key pad. It might be a simple setup but I work for home and like to keep things minimal. I don't even have an optical drive installed since I'm using a portable burner (hidden behind the stand, on the computer).

And yes, I need a wired keyboard at some point but for now I'll make due with the little wireless one. I do a lot of typing from my lap. Josie (dog) is my editor and chief.

I really need to get more decorations for that wall.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

inkblottime posted:

Josie (dog) is my editor and chief.
Is that a... Border Corgi?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Misogynist posted:

I believe it's called a Borgi (AKA The Cutest Dog In Existence)

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

Misogynist posted:

Bucket Joneses posted:

I believe it's called a Borgi (AKA The Cutest Dog In Existence)

She's actually a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, which is one of the oldest herding breeds. :eng101:

She's not a show dog but her uncle won best of breed recently. And she is very aware of how cute she is, prissy little bitch. :xd:

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

I could really use an actual table for my old computer. :(

For those who are going ask how did I get Windows 95 styled windows. I use ThrobOff

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

ZTeamIsDead posted:

For those who are going ask how did I get Windows 95 styled windows. I use ThrobOff

Oh wow, that has to be one of the most childish sites I've seen in some time.

Bill Gates is Satan, apparently. Lists of ways he should die. Edgy.

Edit: actually, some of this is quite amusing, and reads like I've stepped into a timewarp. Complaining about RAM usage of IE4 and so on. Ahh, I guess that's what happens when you have some kind of pent up adolescent running wild back in the day

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 16, 2013

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

ZTeamIsDead posted:

I'm more curious about why.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

ZTeamIsDead posted:

I could really use an actual table for my old computer. :(

Windows 2000 :rolleyes:

Edit: for the authentic 2000 feel you should be using Prairie Wind.bmp as your wallpaper

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Misogynist posted:

Windows 2000 :rolleyes:

Edit: for the authentic 2000 feel you should be using Prairie Wind.bmp as your wallpaper
Also more icons.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

HalloKitty posted:

Ahh, I guess that's what happens when you have some kind of pent up adolescent running wild back in the day

Please refer to your av and username, haha.

Awesome Web 1.0 on the ThrobOff, though. I'm thinking about running Win7 on classic, and editing the registry to make it look like 98.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005

ZTeamIsDead posted:

Dude, thankyou! I'm nearly done, but just having trouble switching to "classic theme" Do you know how to do this?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Desk is an office one that I got from a Sears that was going out of business. I hate it, but it was free and it's stout as hell and will do until I find one I like better.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
New iMac, new desk layout. (took two of them away).

inkblottime
Sep 9, 2006

benisntfunny posted:

New iMac, new desk layout. (took two of them away).

I really like that dresser/cabinet behind your chair. And nice pad by the way. I wish we had windows like that. Gives it a welcoming feel.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

TremorX posted:

Desk is an office one that I got from a Sears that was going out of business. I hate it, but it was free and it's stout as hell and will do until I find one I like better.

All of my racing stuff (b4, t4, etc) is collecting dust and your post just made me sad. :(

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

ZTeamIsDead posted:

Nobody was going to ask that.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Good Dog posted:

All of my racing stuff (b4, t4, etc) is collecting dust and your post just made me sad. :(

Yeah, this is my newish B4.1... I raced a 17.5 blinky-stock race last weekend, and this weekend I'm racing in an open class so I put my 10.5 back in. Had it on my desk because I had to plug it into the Tekin Hotwire to turn timing boost back on, and now it's just sorta hanging out with me.

Get those things going and come hang out with us in the RC Thread!!!

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
So question.

Is it possible to get monitor stands that will allow me to swing one monitor out of the way and put another in its place?

I have a PC hooked up to 30 inch Dell for my gaming needs and I have another 27 inch (Currently a TB display but might change this if the above is possible) that I use
for all my work related stuff with my macbook.

If I could just swing the 30inch in when I want to game then back out when I want to work or study etc that would be amazing.

*edit*

It appears the above is possible but I am having trouble finding one that could cope with anything over 27"

insidius fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

Why not just use one monitor with two inputs or a kvm?