Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

QPZIL posted:

Literally? Gross dude, I hope there wasn't anybody around, that'd be embarassing.

I was in bed too. Gruesome stuff. Truly evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I once sneezed up a bunch of blood while listening to Wormphlegm. I was so surprised I flailed my hand around and ended up flicking blood all over me, adding to the stream flowing out of my nose.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Cobweb Heart posted:

I once sneezed up a bunch of blood while listening to Wormphlegm. I was so surprised I flailed my hand around and ended up flicking blood all over me, adding to the stream flowing out of my nose.

This seems completely appropriate.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Gamma Nerd posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't know agalloch was touring in Seattle this Sunday, I just barely got tickets in time. Looking forward to this show.

e: 21+ :negative:

Also, the show is on Monday.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Holy gently caress. Agalloch was the best performance I've seen. See this band ASAP.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

err posted:

Holy gently caress. Agalloch was the best performance I've seen. See this band ASAP.

I regret not going to this show. I saw them at Branx and that was amazing.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
If you like your USBM raw and atmospheric, you probably want to pay attention to the new Fell Voices material. Really promising stuff. The record is already available in Europe, with a Gilead/Flenser co-release stateside later this year.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

New Altar of Plagues leaked. It really sounds like Deathspell Omega, Streetcleaner-era Godflesh, and Merzbow made an album together.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

lenitic posted:

There is this band called Moonsorrow, who kick rear end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEXTBW91us

"Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa" was one of the best albums of any band I've ever listened to. I believe I had posted praise for this about two years ago in this thread. I still listen to it and it still kicks rear end.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

5er posted:

"Varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa" was one of the best albums of any band I've ever listened to. I believe I had posted praise for this about two years ago in this thread. I still listen to it and it still kicks rear end.

I still jam "Huuto" all the time because it is an amazing song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtALnsA9EW4

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Friends Are Evil posted:

New Altar of Plagues leaked. It really sounds like Deathspell Omega, Streetcleaner-era Godflesh, and Merzbow made an album together.

Yeah it is great. Double LP, coming my way!

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Friends Are Evil posted:

Heard that God Alone track, thought it was awful. I guess the rest is better?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Killsion posted:

Heard that God Alone track, thought it was awful. I guess the rest is better?

God Alone is pretty representative of what the rest of the album sounds like, but it is definitely one of the weaker tracks. I loved God Alone but I would say that yes, the rest of the album is better.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

nomapple posted:

God Alone is pretty representative of what the rest of the album sounds like, but it is definitely one of the weaker tracks. I loved God Alone but I would say that yes, the rest of the album is better.

I guess I'll try and give it a listen. God Alone overall I just found awful and boring until about 2:45 when it finally actually caught my interest. But too little too late as they say.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
With a total disregard for human life; behold: DEATH WORSHIP

Not gonna lie, I'm really pumped for this. Conqueror reunion + Blasphemy vocalist? sign me up.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

skasion posted:

With a total disregard for human life; behold: DEATH WORSHIP

Not gonna lie, I'm really pumped for this. Conqueror reunion + Blasphemy vocalist? sign me up.

I saw a "Death Worship in conspiracy with NWN" post and ignored it. Thanks for reposting it here and piquing my interest. Holy gently caress I can't wait for them to hurry up and release the Katechon and Antediluvian albums.

e: "J. Read (Revenge ~ Conquerer) on drums..."

I am SOLD.

e2: For those with a spotify account, Aosoth's new album IV: Arrow In Heart is ready for streaming.

nomapple fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 18, 2013

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Killsion posted:

I guess I'll try and give it a listen. God Alone overall I just found awful and boring until about 2:45 when it finally actually caught my interest. But too little too late as they say.

I take back my poo poo. The album definitely suffers from going CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG and DUN DUN DUN DUN (like almost all of God Alone) but when it isn't doing that, it is definitely quite a nice record. This requires more listens.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

err posted:

:dance::dance::dance:

Seeing them live in three weeks! And Deafheaven in two weeks, I cannot loving wait. I've watched some Agalloch live on youtube and they seem solid, but Deafheaven looks to be quite an awkward concert. I hope I'm wrong!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I saw Deafheaven open for Russian Circles last year and it was basically a wall of noise.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I saw Deafheaven open for Russian Circles last year and it was basically a wall of noise.

Really can't get into Deafheaven at all. I feel like they are the sort of band I ought to like, but I just... don't. I don't think the BM vocals actually fit the music very well, and they just don't click with me at all. I like what they're trying to do, but I'm just not into the actual music.

Also, the new Aosoth album rules. Arrow In Heart has a great main riff. I also recently returned from seeing Ash Borer and Fell Voices in Brussels, and holy poo poo both bands are great live. Fell Voices are incredibly intense and passionate, I don't think they actually used microphones for their vocal performance. The drummer is a total machine as well. Ash Borer were fantastic as well. The sound was top notch, and all of the material sounded great live even if the majority of the setlist was comprised of songs I am less keen on. That said, Phantoms and In the Midst of Life, We Are In Death sounded AMAZING. In The Midst of Life... was probably one of the best sounding songs I've ever heard live. I headbanged as hard as I could, and probably would've thrown myself into a pit if there was one going, although the rest of the crowd were very static (not that this is surprising for an atmospheric BM gig). Unfortunately, all of the records I wanted were sold out, I would've loved to pick up the tour repress of the AB/FV split.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I actually love their studio stuff and I appreciate some extreme noise live so it wasn't a big deal, I don't think the guy I saw them with was impressed though.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

nomapple posted:

Also, the new Aosoth album rules. Arrow In Heart has a great main riff.

Yup, as does track two - One with the Prince of A thousand Enemies. This whole album is loving awesome.

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012
Old Mornings Dawn is so beautiful I could cry. A heartbreaking work of unspeakable genius and no one of taste would ever disagree!

It's less... immediately catchy? than Oath Bound, but the whole thing is so loving dense it'll be eons before I've worn it through. It's weirder, too. One of the songs is... some kind of weird celtic saxophone thunderstorm bullshit. I don't know. They've progressed. It's awesome and worth the wait.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

nomapple posted:

Also, the new Aosoth album rules.

I can agree with this

satan is my oppa posted:

Old Mornings Dawn is so beautiful I could cry. A heartbreaking work of unspeakable genius and no one of taste would ever disagree!

It's less... immediately catchy? than Oath Bound, but the whole thing is so loving dense it'll be eons before I've worn it through. It's weirder, too. One of the songs is... some kind of weird celtic saxophone thunderstorm bullshit. I don't know. They've progressed. It's awesome and worth the wait.

But not this

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

satan is my oppa posted:

Wait...what? Saxophone?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

satan is my oppa posted:

I can't disagree with this.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Oldstench posted:

Wait...what? Saxophone?

and enough synth to make it sound like a loving renfaire

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

Morbid Florist posted:

I think you just intrigued a whole other group of metalheads now.

Lord Purple
Mar 7, 2006

Remove your eyes...

Morbid Florist posted:

This is Summoning we are talking about here. Cheesy synths have been their gig since their second album.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Lord Purple posted:

This is Summoning we are talking about here. Cheesy synths have been their gig since their second album.

Epic, not cheesy. Jeeze.

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Wait...what? Saxophone?

Yeah, in the song Caradhras. A saxophone or something that sounds like it. It's weird but I think it works really well. It's hosed up.

edit: Dwarven Celtic Saxophone thunderstorm song.

satan is my oppa fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 26, 2013

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Eternal Sacrifice are a great Brazilian black metal band that loves triumphant melodies and extensive, explorative song structures built around a theme. They mix prominent melodies and interplay between guitars and keyboards as well as some interesting vocals that occasional mix in some cleans, strategically placed on their albums. For short, it's epic pagan black metal, as ridiculous at that sounds. Their ability to focus on and conjure a feeling extensively and retain it throughout a long album while the music remains dynamic and interesting is astounding. It's not something shiny and polished that will blow you away with a first impression, it's actually quite raw and takes a full album listen or two to really sink in. The subtleties are stronger than the overt qualities.

Among other things, they love really, really long song titles.

http://www.metal-archives.com/album...s_Cult%29/44996

I can't find much of their stuff on YouTube, but it's worth seeking out. Here's a track from their 2010 album. I recommend listening to both albums in their entirety then checking out the demos. If you like it a bit rougher, start with the first one, if you prefer it a bit more refined, start with the second one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Q1owkyV8o

satan is my oppa
Feb 18, 2012
This is pretty loving good. "Opera Pagan Black Metal Art"? I'm down.

edit: All of these pictures in the video are great.

satan is my oppa fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 27, 2013

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
Varg is doing potentially interesting things again. I always thought he had a serious knack for this kind of thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASefHYjXx98&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZYTz6dW53LA

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

RHTITE posted:

Varg is doing potentially interesting things again. I always thought he had a serious knack for this kind of thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASefHYjXx98&feature=player_embedded

That's...pretty okay actually. Real chill.

But Papyrus, Varg? Why?

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

RHTITE posted:

That Forebears song is Varg? I know it says it's a burzum song but I got the impression this version is done over/covered.

The other one is kinda ok but I wish he didn't go back to his casio keyboard ways. Surely he could have done them on a guitar...

(or at least invested in a decent keyboard)

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

I do love it when tunes fishing at work lands a keeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXhlglHEDxc

Crepusculum, from Poland

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
The new Antediluvian samples rule. Obviously they sound a lot better than the tape rips floating around on the internet. Super excited for this one, Antediluvian are probably one of my favourite black/death bands.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Poland is coming through huge for me this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjDfOULoGY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJyYDgKF5ks

Deus Mortem, an example of making the most out of basics. I loving love the guitars, they remind me a little of Nightside Eclipse. Their songs start off average but get more interesting as things build. The second one especially.

And I cannot reccomend that Crepusculum album enough. I don't think I skip a single song on it. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Just met Deafheaven and took a pic with them, pretty drat starstruck

Edit: the show was really loving intense. It was in a "youth house", not in a club. I got there really early and got to hang with them for a bit!

texting my ex fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 2, 2013