Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Crotch Bat posted:

Part 8 should be out any day now and will feature an appearance from him in what is probably his funniest appearance since the Police batsu.

Him? Him...

Oh. Him. :aaa:

My personal him, the one I look forward to the most every time, is Itao, his appearance this year was hilarious. Kind of hope he makes a reappearance like the zombies in Airport. The Yugawara sniper will always be my favourite bit though I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I tried my hand at timing in Aegisub for the first time to sub some Spring of Trivia clips for my boyfriend. I figured I may as well release them publically. I kinda got the hang of it now, so I might make a habit of occasionally translating stuff like this when I have the time.

These are two experiments involving mixed breed dogs. One where their owner pretends to fall off a cliff and another where their owner is attacked by a guy in a bear suit. The goal of both experiments is to see if the dog will try to rescue the owner.

I don't know how to encode stuff, so here's the video files and softsubs.
[ETA: Made some small fixes in the subs. Re-uploaded.]
Spring of Trivia - Dog vs Bear (38.6 MB, DepositFiles)
Spring of Trivia - Dog vs Cliff (63.9 MB, DepositFiles)

Feel free to encode them and upload these on a streaming site. Just beware that SoT clips get taken offline all the time. Also the video quality is shoddy because those were all I could find. I just want to share the doggie goodness.

On that note, I've finally retrieved some of my ancient Gaki no Tsukai subs. I was originally going to get someone else to add subs for me but I've decided to do this myself. I'm going to begin with the Electrical Outlet Russian Roulette. The timing and everything is already done; I just need to refine my translation and fix some formatting since Aegisub has way more features than Overstream.

ETA: Turns out the video file I have for Electrical Outlet Russian Roulette is the DVD director's cut (my sub file is based on the TV broadcast), so I'm going to have to work on translation and timing some more.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 8, 2013

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Haha geez most of those dogs are just super cowards, i wouldn't expect my dog to save me from a bear.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

All right, I'm done!

Electrical Outlet Russian Roulette with English softsubs: the extended DVD version.

For some reason I can't make an alluvion.org account so sorry, no torrent.

Download: http://depositfiles.com/files/8fmetkqb6 (396.21 MB)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

zari-gani posted:

All right, I'm done!

Electrical Outlet Russian Roulette with English softsubs: the extended DVD version.

For some reason I can't make an alluvion.org account so sorry, no torrent.

Download: http://depositfiles.com/files/8fmetkqb6 (396.21 MB)

You are an absolute saint. I think this is the only one of the batsu challenge parts I've never seen subbed.

e: I take that back, I don't think the wasabi sushi roulette for Onsen Yugawara has ever been subbed. I have the raws, though.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 9, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

e: I take that back, I don't think the wasabi sushi roulette for Onsen Yugawara has ever been subbed. I have the raws, though.

If you upload that one, I will sub it. I also have the DVD version raw for the tub roulette, which has been subbed but I'd like to provide a more accurate translation.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lp2ypaqfns42wsl

It's in a decent quality .mp4 but unfortunately in 4 small parts. I'm unaware of how to join them(read: lazy) but I'm sure you know or maybe someone on the GCCX team can point you in the right direction. Or it can stay in 4 parts, I'm just happy you want to sub it.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lp2ypaqfns42wsl

It's in a decent quality .mp4 but unfortunately in 4 small parts. I'm unaware of how to join them(read: lazy) but I'm sure you know or maybe someone on the GCCX team can point you in the right direction. Or it can stay in 4 parts, I'm just happy you want to sub it.

Thanks. I pieced them together and converted it to AVI using AviDemux. It's not seamless so there's a bit of repetition where the files were joined and I don't know how to fix that, but it's better than nothing.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
In one of the batsu games I saw a quick teaser of a Matsumoto challenge series where the other members physically drag him through various sports challenges. I found 2, and only 1 is subbed. The second one is still hillarious even without english subs.
the high jump subbed.
the skateboard challenge.

Anyone know of any more?

edit:
Found a few more on Veoh, no subs.
http://www.veoh.com/find/?query=matsumoto+challenge

GlobalHero06 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 10, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Well, seems like they just skipped part 8 on the batsu and gave us the whole thing! Sitting down now to enjoy the last 90 minutes.

http://www.teamgaki.com/

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
I really enjoyed this year's batsu game, but does anyone else feel like there's something missing? I know they gave us the complete broadcast - what I mean by that is that sitting down and watching the whole thing left me feeling like there was like a segment or two missing as opposed to other years where there's more of a... progression? I'm not sure how to explain what I mean.

This year was funny as hell, but when it ended it was as though I had somehow skipped something somewhere along the way.

Edit: I feel like maybe there's cut content from this year that was a little more important than usual or something, I guess.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Arschlochkind posted:

I really enjoyed this year's batsu game, but does anyone else feel like there's something missing? I know they gave us the complete broadcast - what I mean by that is that sitting down and watching the whole thing left me feeling like there was like a segment or two missing as opposed to other years where there's more of a... progression? I'm not sure how to explain what I mean.

This year was funny as hell, but when it ended it was as though I had somehow skipped something somewhere along the way.

Edit: I feel like maybe there's cut content from this year that was a little more important than usual or something, I guess.

I actually agree with you, but couldnt formulate it before your post.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

As for punishments this year, four thai kicks?? seems like a bit much.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Arschlochkind posted:

The broadcast said at the very end that there's going to be a whopping 2 hours of unseen material.
I'm thinking that the staff couldn't decide on the teacher motif or Edo motif, so they did lots of material for both.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Have they ever done a behind the scenes special for the new years batsu games? Seems like there is probably a fair bit of interesting tech and timing going on off-camera that would be neat to see. And I bet there are tons of traps set up that they never set off too (although I'd imagine those just get moved into the next year).

A good example in this one is when the actors are doing the read-through on the bus. People keep showing up right at the perfect time, even from off the bus. They must have someone on the bus signaling the timing to someone off the bus to tell the actors when to start moving and so on. I think it could be potentially interesting.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Here's some meta-comedy for you. Downtown doing manzai and switching roles between boke and tsukkomi(but actually keeping their original roles anyways).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjVMn_Q_DQ8

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Crotch Bat posted:

Well, seems like they just skipped part 8 on the batsu and gave us the whole thing! Sitting down now to enjoy the last 90 minutes.

http://www.teamgaki.com/

Jesus, the part with the stinking harmonica had be crying.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
So, are they going to go back through and do proofreading now? Or are they just plunging ahead into subbing that 2 hrs extra footage?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any place to watch 5 Rangers in a higher quality? Anything I find is abysmal.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
The batsu gets more insane every year. Endo getting the rear end cannon was epic.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Synthetic Hermit posted:

The batsu gets more insane every year. Endo getting the rear end cannon was epic.

That made me laugh so hard. It was such a juvenile and in all honesty stupid thing to do but it was so unexpected and... well, "powerful" for a lack of a better word that I just burst out laughing like mad. Total insanity. I really do hope they keep doing these for many years to come, despite them kinda getting up there in age and complaining a lot.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I think the whole No-Laughing thing is fantastic, but they're using the same basic formula every year and a lot of it feels stale. The drawers and Tanaka's Thai Kick are always my favorite parts, but the gossiping bit is pretty lame. If they don't start experimenting with new material, like the Edo trip this year, it's going to be pretty hard to maintain interest.

Also Itao Itsuji forever.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

KittenofDoom posted:

Yes. His "Don't Get Aroused" parody was amazing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

KittenofDoom posted:

I think the whole No-Laughing thing is fantastic, but they're using the same basic formula every year and a lot of it feels stale. The drawers and Tanaka's Thai Kick are always my favorite parts, but the gossiping bit is pretty lame. If they don't start experimenting with new material, like the Edo trip this year, it's going to be pretty hard to maintain interest.

I actually really like the gossip bit because you get these little stories about the guys outside the show, and the occasional dirty little secret. I could live without the little nighttime jump scare segments though. They should do the one-hour endurance tag game again like they did in during the Spy batsu game.

I also love the yearly call-out on Endo's godawful attempts at womanizing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Here's the subbed video of the second part of Hamada's Unthinkable Trial from GodzillaRadio. Part 3 is his next project so I'd expect it in a week or two.

http://jburogu-godzillaradio.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/video-subbing-gnt-20060219-hamada.html

And here's an unsubbed video but it's not really necessary. The group draws various celebs from actors to comedians to idols in and then they screw up in some fashion(still unclear as to the key, maybe someone like zari-gani can elaborate) and then Tanaka gives them a Thai kick. If you've never seen a mid-40s awkward Japanese comedian kicking people in the rear end for laughs then this is for you. Afterwards you get to see Tanaka grovel and beg for forgiveness in front of them!

http://youtubeowaraitv.blog32.fc2.com/blog-entry-28545.html

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

I actually really like the gossip bit because you get these little stories about the guys outside the show, and the occasional dirty little secret. I could live without the little nighttime jump scare segments though. They should do the one-hour endurance tag game again like they did in during the Spy batsu game.

I also love the yearly call-out on Endo's godawful attempts at womanizing.

I agree with you on everything here except the jump scare segments. In order to be worthwhile they MUST feature Tanaka, however. As for me, I'm mostly bored with the Jackass-style guys doing idiotic crap and getting hurt (oh surprise) trying to one-up each other.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

pwnyXpress posted:

I agree with you on everything here except the jump scare segments. In order to be worthwhile they MUST feature Tanaka, however. As for me, I'm mostly bored with the Jackass-style guys doing idiotic crap and getting hurt (oh surprise) trying to one-up each other.

Well until a year ago with the Airport batsu it wasn't a competition, it was always the Ueshima team just doing a few crazy stunts for laughs. Then they evolved it a bit during Airport and had the team competition but that one was a loving riot and had a shitload of hilarious stuff like Iwao becoming a wax monster, washing machine udon eating, and Ueshima and Hosshan being unable to hold the air in their rear end to do a proper arm wrestling bout.

This year, however, was awful and I feel almost 100% because the stunts were awful. There was a lot of forced laughter from the group and unnecessary slaps just to prop the event up and it's because almost none of the events seemed painful and/or hilarious. Like the honey dipping thing, what's the point of that?

As long as they find funnier or more painful stunts next year I'll go back to laughing at it like I did during the Airport version.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Crotch Bat posted:

Well until a year ago with the Airport batsu it wasn't a competition, it was always the Ueshima team just doing a few crazy stunts for laughs. Then they evolved it a bit during Airport and had the team competition but that one was a loving riot and had a shitload of hilarious stuff like Iwao becoming a wax monster, washing machine udon eating, and Ueshima and Hosshan being unable to hold the air in their rear end to do a proper arm wrestling bout.

This year, however, was awful and I feel almost 100% because the stunts were awful. There was a lot of forced laughter from the group and unnecessary slaps just to prop the event up and it's because almost none of the events seemed painful and/or hilarious. Like the honey dipping thing, what's the point of that?

As long as they find funnier or more painful stunts next year I'll go back to laughing at it like I did during the Airport version.

Making the guy belive the electric eel he was about to grab could drop a cow was hilarious. I don't think he knew it was a weaker variety. He was legitimately terrified.

Also the dick whipping sure looked painful.

Either the guys are good actors, or they don't know which stunt they will be picked for. Apart from the leaders doing the final task (airbutt arm wrestling) that is.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I really got big into GnT a few years ago and had actually largely forgotten about it until there a Masahiro Chono discussion going on in Punchsport Pagoda and someone brought up Yamasaki (or is that Tsukitei?). I still haven't seen the Airport or Teacher specials so I might watch those in a bit, though I'm fond of other segments too like Absolutely Tasty. Many thanks also for linking the 500 Questions episode on Hamada, not sure if I'd ever seen one of those subbed before.

I'm not sure which No Laughing special is my favourite so far. Each one has at least one segment that never fails to make me laugh, with the possible exception of the very first one (which I've not watched in ages due to me just not finding it that funny the first time). Maybe I'll watch it again someday and change my mind!

There was a relatively recent scenario they started doing where Downtown, Cocorico and two other duos would compete for a prize of some sort, with Yamasaki as the host. The gag was that the younger guys would be doing quite well, until Matsumoto and/or Hamada would end up getting really offended somehow and would storm off or blatantly cheat to win. I've never seen any of those subbed, but they were really funny either way. Anyone else remember these or if they've ever been subbed?

Great thread, thanks all for the recommendations and links. Special thanks to the subbers here.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
No Nishikawa segment this year :( that was the best new one they added

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I really got big into GnT a few years ago and had actually largely forgotten about it until there a Masahiro Chono discussion going on in Punchsport Pagoda and someone brought up Yamasaki (or is that Tsukitei?). I still haven't seen the Airport or Teacher specials so I might watch those in a bit, though I'm fond of other segments too like Absolutely Tasty. Many thanks also for linking the 500 Questions episode on Hamada, not sure if I'd ever seen one of those subbed before.
Great thread, thanks all for the recommendations and links. Special thanks to the subbers here.

This is what introduced me to it too. Just the look on Tsukitei's face every time Chono shows up is amazing, every time. It's a mixture of shock and resignation of "I'm going to get slapped, aren't I."

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

There was a relatively recent scenario they started doing where Downtown, Cocorico and two other duos would compete for a prize of some sort, with Yamasaki as the host. The gag was that the younger guys would be doing quite well, until Matsumoto and/or Hamada would end up getting really offended somehow and would storm off or blatantly cheat to win. I've never seen any of those subbed, but they were really funny either way. Anyone else remember these or if they've ever been subbed?

There's only been one episode of that series subbed by Zurui, the Pie Throw game.
http://gakifiles.blogspot.ca/2010/12/tvs-greatest-pie-throw-hell-game.html

Do a search for 'Pie Hell' or 'Pie Throw' on the page and you should be able to find a download/stream.

They did the same thing playing Monopoly, that one I'd love to see subbed one day...

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

And here's an unsubbed video but it's not really necessary. The group draws various celebs from actors to comedians to idols in and then they screw up in some fashion(still unclear as to the key, maybe someone like zari-gani can elaborate) and then Tanaka gives them a Thai kick. If you've never seen a mid-40s awkward Japanese comedian kicking people in the rear end for laughs then this is for you. Afterwards you get to see Tanaka grovel and beg for forgiveness in front of them!

http://youtubeowaraitv.blog32.fc2.com/blog-entry-28545.html

Man Tanaka is a super great actor. He was completely different from his usual self and didn't break character even once.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Unseen Enthusiastic Teachers footage part 1 turns out to have been released on the third: http://www.teamgaki.com/455/

e: That was beautiful, and there's another 60 minutes of cut material left to be translated and uploaded.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 9, 2013

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
Maybe this is a regular joke on the show or my listening skills are just poo poo, but the first half of Hamada's 50th birthday two-parter is surreal/great. GnT regulars drinking and reading super serious letters to Hamada about the last 20-30 years. Naturally, Tanaka cannot keep it together even a little bit.

It gets a little weird in that special Gaki way. Hopefully someone subs it.

edit: Matsumoto wants these episodes deleted off Youtube right away :unsmith:

WHATEVS SISTER fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 19, 2013

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Yea, saw that, it's really touching.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

Part 2 of Hamada's 50th Birthday came out.

Jesus, poor Matsumoto. He couldn't finish the letter even when Tanaka was reading it :smith:
It's really sad how much he hides his own emotions: every time he tried reading it out loud he started laughing, but his voice was breaking and he got all misty-eyed.

Also, did a director or someone get mad at him for not being able to continue?

Kikka fucked around with this message at 11:48 on May 20, 2013

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

zari-gani posted:

On that note, I've finally retrieved some of my ancient Gaki no Tsukai subs. I was originally going to get someone else to add subs for me but I've decided to do this myself. I'm going to begin with the Electrical Outlet Russian Roulette. The timing and everything is already done; I just need to refine my translation and fix some formatting since Aegisub has way more features than Overstream.

Oh hey, that was me! I remember you having a hell of a time trying to track down your old subs, I'm really glad you found them and I can't wait to watch this with subs, I'm dead chuffed you sorted it :)

I've been avoiding this thread until I'd watched the Batsu all the way though, I like to do it in a single sitting y'see. It was absolutely hilarious but I really miss the older episodes where nobody quite knew what to expect. Watching Yamazaki get slapped is one of my favourite segments, but nothing will ever be as funny as the second year it happened and realisation that it's the same setup hits him like a thunderbolt. The look on his face was just so loving magical.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Apparently the same team as the batsu game will be translating it once they finish the unseen footage. I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
What do you guys think would be the best possible way to introduce friends to Gaki? I have a feeling that my friends would love it, especially since they really get a kick out of Impractical Jokers (which, to me, is somewhat close to a Gaki-style brand of humor here in America). I thought about 24-Hour Tag, but that might be too long for a beginner.