Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Tomn posted:

On an unrelated note, while going through the update (but before getting to the grimdark that was Hanamura's confession and execution) I couldn't help but think that Fatogami showing off his swank new night vision goggles would have made for an excellent avatar. Not sure what the title would be, though.

Byakuya Togami's Splinter Cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

slowbeef posted:

That was pretty good, but I'd still give Leon getting baseballed to death my top pick.

When the execution started, I thought Monobear really was just going to shoot missiles at first, but egg-and-breadcrumb based ordinance was a nice touch.

Also Nagito is really bad at inspiring hope in people.

I agree that Leon is my favorite execution to date because unlike the others it was visceral and didn't have much whimsy or absurdity involved in it.

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Byakuya Togami's Splinter Cell.

Splinter Cellulite

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Guys remember one of the first game's end twists......the outside world isn't in that great shape(well it could be a lie but that would be no fun), I don't think the restaurant and Teruteru's mother is okay :smith:

I really didn't mind Teruteru but I was still looking forward to his execution but....man this whole thing was really sad. If the rest of the game is like this and maybe worst then....wow it will be something.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Well... Uh... :stonk:

This game's certainly stepped up the horror of its executions compared to the first game. Someone mentioned this before, but it also counts as a bait-and-switch in that the game's opening only showed the helicopter. Those examining the opening to look for clues about potential murderers would assume that it was part of the execution for the mechanic or gangster. No one could have guessed that the missiles were firing batter at the cook.

And Nagito turns out to be a complete lunatic obsessed with Hope. I wonder if he's the mysterious Kamakura from Dangan Ronpa Zero? I've seen a few others suggest it before, and it seems to fit. Kamakura was described as a "symbol of hope" in the prequel who snapped and killed a bunch of people, and Nagito's behavior seems to fit that pattern. Someone who considers his own talent to be worthless(maybe because he was supposed to be a symbol of hope whose actions ended up bringing about the downfall of Hope's Peak Academy), and who's so obsessed with hope that he's willing to kill people to create it. Of course, this invites the question of whether "Good Luck" is his real "talent", or if it's a fake. His claim that he left his selection for cleaning duty up to luck could just be a cover story, after all.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
How is... how is ANYONE going to be able to interact with Nagito now? Like, the guy's a whole different level of messed up.

And I may not have liked the guy but Jesus, Hanamura's execution was really unforgiving. And watching him break down like that... just drat. :ohdear:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

IceBorg posted:

Guys remember one of the first game's end twists......the outside world isn't in that great shape(well it could be a lie but that would be no fun), I don't think the restaurant and Teruteru's mother is okay :smith:

I really didn't mind Teruteru but I was still looking forward to his execution but....man this whole thing was really sad. If the rest of the game is like this and maybe worst then....wow it will be something.

The world may be a radioactive wasteland filled with roving psychopaths and desperate survivors, but everybody still grabs a bite to eat at Mama Hanamura's. She's just that good. :colbert:

Edit: You know, thinking about it, I think Hamamura's execution (and Leon's, for that matter) seemed to hit harder than most of the other executions because he was fighting it. He was struggling and trying to get away from his death. Mondo took it on the chin with manly acceptance, Celes was practically enjoying herself up 'till the fire truck, Alter Ego was a goddamn laptop, and Kirigiri/Naegi were both sitting there, freaked out but patiently awaiting the end and trying to face it resolutely. Hanamura and Leon both very clearly Did Not Want To Die and tried, futilely, to fight it every step of the way. They weren't calm, they weren't resolute, they were helpless and clearly scared out of their minds, and that I think is what really makes their executions worse than most of the others.

That is amazing.
vvv

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

Splinter Cellulite

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Wow. That ended up being a much more heart-wrenching motive than I was expecting. In the end I guess Monobear's motivation worked. And Komaeda telling Hanamura he'd act to protect him :psyduck:. I imagined that prevention was the motive in some part, but I didn't really understand why they'd be on the same team in the trial. The reason: Komaeda is just that hosed up.

It really mirrors the 1st trial in DR1 as well. For a moment it seems like just retaliation from the perpetrator's perspective, but when you consider the time and thought process put into carrying it out you realize the depth of the crime. Especially when they could've just told someone or, in Hanamura's case, just hidden the knife, gotten rid of the lamp, ditched the table entirely, or just waited in the party room with the portable stove ready to go.

I wonder if Komaeda will continue to be this force attempting to obfuscate the crime scenes. The way he's been characterized, I prefer his reasons for it a bit more than Togami's in DR1, as he comes off as way more deranged and a legitimate threat.

BigDB
Mar 21, 2013
I mentioned before about Nagito suckering Hanamura into the murder but to think he actually did it with such a ridiculous motive and with how sad Hanamuras own motive was, it's just horrifying. It wasn't like Leon in the first game where he was just stupid but THIS was insane. I didn't think I'd feel bad for Hanamura but that was just sad. :ohdear:

What's crazier is this was only the FIRST trial.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Geez, as soon as I saw the phrase "Hanamura Tonkatsu" I knew this was gonna be pretty brutal. :smith:
the punishment song was pretty fuckin' cool though

I thought batshit-insane Nagito was hilarious when he was first revealed, but he's really gotten worse and worse with each update. He's quickly becoming even more annoying than DR0 Junko.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Komaeda, you bastard. I hope you get what's coming for you. :argh:

At first I thought that they were making Hanamura unlikable so that the player wouldn't feel sorry for him when he died, but then they turn the whole thing around and twist the knife for good measure.

e:

melodicwaffle posted:

I thought batshit-insane Nagito was hilarious when he was first revealed, but he's really gotten worse and worse with each update. He's quickly becoming even more annoying than DR0 Junko.

I hope its a sign of the writers realising that violent sociopaths aren't actually very wacky and funny (see Syo).

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 15, 2013

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

gu-na-na-na is the sound of a man ruining his pantsleg? We'll never find out now if Hanamura selectively poisoned two people or why they both needed the bathroom the most at the same time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well, I didn't expect that. And not in a good way. :smith:

I have to wonder though, if Togami supposedly knew Hanamura was there, why go for the knife anyway? He seemed capable of subduing Komaeda.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

This is exactly why I pointed out that if they're going the "SHSL super fanboy" route, he's got to be obsessed with both Naegi and Junko. Both "personalities" are fighting for control to the point where he's like the ultimate self-insert fanfic character. Half good, half evil, all lunatic who can't separate his fanboy fantasies from reality.

He's not obsessed with either Naegi or Junko. He's not half-Hope, half-Despair. I mean, if that is your theory, fine, but that isn't what game has shown us so far. Where are you even getting this stuff?

He's a Hope fanatic who desires to be part of something better than himself. He wants to immerse the Super High School Level students, the symbols of Hope, in the most powerful Despair, so that they can rise up with an even more powerful Hope. That is what he said in the update, and frankly, we have no reason to disbelieve him on this front.

Let me reiterate: Naegito is a lunatic obsessed with Hope; the SHSL students are the symbols of Hope; Naegito believes great Hope is created through adversity/Despair; Naegito wants to create the greatest amount of Despair so an even greater amount of Hope is born; Naegito is, once again, crazy; Naegito believes that the SHSL students are some great agents of Hope (even if they themselves don't believe so); Naegito believes the agents of Hope, the SHSL students, will conquer any Despair with their Hope.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

likecnsnnts posted:

Splinter Cellulite

That's so perfect, thank you! Uh, it is a bit of a spoiler though, isn't it? The owner of the goggles wasn't immediately obvious at the start of the case, so actually using it as an avatar might not fly.

Holy poo poo though, what a send off. I'm so extremely hyped for the rest of the game, especially if future cases become even more complicated. I'm so glad they skipped out on having an "easy intro case" and went balls out with the first chapter, since anyone playing it will have gotten through DR1 already.

We've also got two more students than DR1 had at the end of chapter 1! Besides Hinata and probably Nanami and Nagito, pretty much anybody can kill anybody at this point. Bring on the second case! :chef:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

orenronen posted:

I heard a strange laughing voice coming from the big hall... and when I peeked in there...
...I saw him.

He took some irons into the storage room, and then set up the air conditioner timers...
And he was snickering to himself the entire time...!

I'm amused by the fact Komaeda literally laughs evilly to himself while setting up his schemes. Though I suppose it was all part of the plan to get Hanamura to come and find him.

quote:

I love everyone here. That's why I want to be of help.
I love every one of you "Super High-school Level" students. I revere "the symbols of hope".

Goddamn this sounds so much like Junko. Maybe Junko also had a brother she never told us about? :cheeky: Well, not really but he does still seem like the Mukuro of this game, except he's surviving past the first chapter to keep wreaking havoc. I still think he's got to be some kind of insider with his memories intact, and his craziness is actually not so unusual for the post-apocalyptic Despair World we're in now. He was once one of Junko's loyal supporters, engulfed in despair, but seeing the DR1 broadcast messed with his head and got him hooked on hope just as much.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Armanky posted:

That's so perfect, thank you! Uh, it is a bit of a spoiler though, isn't it? The owner of the goggles wasn't immediately obvious at the start of the case, so actually using it as an avatar might not fly.

The night-vision goggles existing is revealed early on; all you're "spoiling" is that someone wore them, and that does come pretty early in the case. For my money, if I were to catch up on Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2 later, having seen your avatar, I don't know that I'd a) put two and two together or b) care very much.

I think avatars of the deaths or executions would be worse.

At any rate, I don't think I'd change it if reported.

spd12
Nov 3, 2012
Now that we're past the first trial and execution, there's a point I've been wanting to inquire about.

According to GameFAQs, the CERO rating (Japan's rating system for games) for Dangan Ronpa is D (ages 17 and up, the ESRB M rating equivalent). That much I don't debate, given its content and how absolutely brutal and bloody some of the executions were.

However... Super Dangan Ronpa 2 is rated a C (ages 15 and up, closer to the ESRB T rating), according to the same source. There's a noticeable ramp-up of sexual humor and that execution is still pretty horrific... even if there wasn't a spatter of blood that time. We still did get a scene of a bullet grazing Hinata's cheek and all that blood around Togami's corpse, though.

If this was answered on the Dangan Ronpa discussion thread, I'll admit I haven't been there as to avoid potential spoilers. It still does seem kind of strange SDR2 would have a gentler rating though, doesn't it?

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

Krinkle posted:

why they both needed the bathroom the most at the same time.

The reason Nidai had to use it the same time was to prove it was indeed occupied.

If a bathroom is locked, but nobody has to use it, does it still make a sound? Or something.

As to why lock the bathroom in the first place, it's just misdirection.

Because the bathroom was occupied:

1. We were unable to explore and collect evidence from one room in a tiny lodge which fueled a lot of speculation re: access to getting below the floor.
2. Pekoyama's alibi came under scrutiny.
3. Pekoyama's alibi was the solidified.
4. Which consequently allowed for speculation on breaker tampering and other culprits.

etc.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

spd12 posted:

It still does seem kind of strange SDR2 would have a gentler rating though, doesn't it?

What you don't know is that after the first trial, everyone swears off murder and spends the rest of the game doing flower arranging.

Asthanius
Dec 26, 2012

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Alright, somewhat-inane theory time: After the events of Dangan Ronpa 1, things ended up getting better. As a result, Togami had a new lease on life, so to speak. Now, lacking the inordinate amounts of money that he was used to (since the Togami conglomerate fell), he did what he could to rebuild it and used his funds to help others. One person he helped was Momma Hanamura. He saw the terrible state she was in with her restaurant being run by only her and her son, and decided to donate large amounts of money. Momma Hanamura refused the money on moral and ethical grounds but Togami still wanted to help, so he became a regular patron of he restaurant. He loved the food, and ended up looking the way he does now (but he happened looked more alive). This accounts for not only his size, but his selfless attitude. Also brings together a couple of backstories.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

melodicwaffle posted:

Looking back at Nagito earlier he really doesn't hide his worldview all that much, so hopefully he starts acting relatively "normal" like he did before, now with creepy undertones. He's probably going to act like this during trial sequences or whenever he interferes with something, though.

spd12 posted:

Rating stuff

I believe that Japanese media ratings don't care about sexual content nearly as much as the US of A and such care (not to say they don't care at all, of course), and as you pointed out there's less blood and gore, especially compared to Leon's first execution. Someone who knows more on the subject could probably elaborate much better, however.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

StrifeHira posted:

How is... how is ANYONE going to be able to interact with Nagito now? Like, the guy's a whole different level of messed up.

And I may not have liked the guy but Jesus, Hanamura's execution was really unforgiving. And watching him break down like that... just drat. :ohdear:

To be fair, getting flash fried in lava probably only really hurts for less than half a second v:v:v
At any rate, I really like what they're doing with Nagito here, making him a twisted amalgam of Syo's murderous tendencies and Togami's predilection for loving with circumstances just for shits and giggles. Can't wait to see how the rest of the kids treat him from now on.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rawkking posted:

I believe that Japanese media ratings don't care about sexual content nearly as much as the US of A and such care (not to say they don't care at all, of course), and as you pointed out there's less blood and gore, especially compared to Leon's first execution. Someone who knows more on the subject could probably elaborate much better, however.

Hell Leon's wasn't even that gorey. Mukuro's death was extremely graphic.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Asthanius posted:

Alright, somewhat-inane theory time: After the events of Dangan Ronpa 1, things ended up getting better. As a result, Togami had a new lease on life, so to speak. Now, lacking the inordinate amounts of money that he was used to (since the Togami conglomerate fell), he did what he could to rebuild it and used his funds to help others. One person he helped was Momma Hanamura. He saw the terrible state she was in with her restaurant being run by only her and her son, and decided to donate large amounts of money. Momma Hanamura refused the money on moral and ethical grounds but Togami still wanted to help, so he became a regular patron of he restaurant. He loved the food, and ended up looking the way he does now (but he happened looked more alive). This accounts for not only his size, but his selfless attitude. Also brings together a couple of backstories.

You're right, this is pretty inane. We know nothing whatsoever to make this theory seem any more plausible than any other, so there isn't much reason to put it out there other than random spitballing. On the other hand, we DO know something that makes this theory pretty dang unlikely - namely, Hanamura not gushing all over Togami and going "Oh hey it's good to see you again!" and so on.

Also, his "selfless attitude" seems a pretty natural evolution from what he'd been up to in DR1, and even if it wasn't, this theory doesn't explain how that attitude came about at all - it merely posits that it existed and runs from there.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

GrizzlyCow posted:

He's not obsessed with either Naegi or Junko. He's not half-Hope, half-Despair. I mean, if that is your theory, fine, but that isn't what game has shown us so far. Where are you even getting this stuff?

quote:

Perhaps you should even call me a "Super High-school Level Super High-school Level Fanboy"!
A combination of the update and some theory post some other person made a while back which I also dismissed as utterly ridiculous until this line in the update. He/she postulated that Nagito was some crazy superfan who watched the broadcast of Naegi and the gang. That line lends it a bit of credence when compounded with Nagito's physical appearance and seemingly constant personality shifts. I still think it's horrendous writing if it turns out to be correct, and you'll note I did preface that post with "if they're going that route," not "they're definitely going that route."

It's not "my theory," and I'm not sticking with it. In fact, I'm hoping the game is not going that route at all. Christ, settle down.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 15, 2013

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Nagito is the fanboy of the Super High School Levels, not specifically SHSL hope or SHSL Despair.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

likecnsnnts posted:

Splinter Cellulite

I had this exact image all up in Photoshop ready to post after I finished the update but you beat me to it and added the only possible tag line. That picture is incredible.

I'll probably be out voted, but I don't think I want to spend any of our free time with Komaeda now... :ohdear:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, Nagito needs to be put under house arrest for the rest of the game with two people guarding him at all times so he doesn't give any one person bad ideas. That is the only way to deal with that lunatic.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Well, even if Nagito isn't Naegi, he did manage to pick up that same sweet jacket somewhere.

Things that came off wrong to me in the trial:

1) The timing. We're meant to believe that in the time that Nagito managed to crawl around and find the lamp cable, crawl under the table, and get pushed away, Hanamura managed to grab 2 hidden items from the kitchen, shut the fire doors, run something like 4 times the distance that Nagito had to travel, grab a tablecloth, open up the trapdoor, and crawl another twice the distance of Nagito? It's clearly not adding up. But trial 1 is over, so much for that line of defence.

2) I find it hard to believe that Togami deliberately sacrificed himself. There's a difference between throwing yourself onto a live grenade so your buddies don't eat shrapnel, and throwing yourself on top of someone armed with a single barbecue skewer. Just evacuate follow skewer man, and drag people out of the way, sheesh, you don't need to tank stabs with your own body.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I had this exact image all up in Photoshop ready to post after I finished the update but you beat me to it and added the only possible tag line. That picture is incredible.

I'll probably be out voted, but I don't think I want to spend any of our free time with Komaeda now... :ohdear:

Why should we trust a suspicious cook in this thread? :colbert:

Personally, I'd like to keep going and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Him and Kuzuryuu are going to be the best conversations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Orfeo posted:

Why should we trust a suspicious cook in this thread? :colbert:

I was just under the floorboards to look up dresses while I was on my anime robot period, honest!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That case was really good, I hope all of them are up to that standard.

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

This is exactly why I pointed out that if they're going the "SHSL super fanboy" route, he's got to be obsessed with both Naegi and Junko. Both "personalities" are fighting for control to the point where he's like the ultimate self-insert fanfic character. Half good, half evil, all lunatic who can't separate his fanboy fantasies from reality.
I think that Naegi channeling Junko (a thing which was established as possible in the first game with Ishida) would be better writing than "this is a new character we've never seen before who's imitating a living and a dead character from the previous game just to gently caress with you, the player". Apart from anything else the game really has to tell us what happened to the rest of the cast from DR1, and having them appear in the game would be the easiest way to do that.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

HangedManArcana posted:

Nagito is the fanboy of the Super High School Levels, not specifically SHSL hope or SHSL Despair.
Yeah, I get that. I was just pointing out that the general concept of Nagito being some kind of twisted fanboy is indeed something the game gave us and not something pulled out of the blue, as the poster I quoted was implying.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Well, even if Nagito isn't Naegi, he did manage to pick up that same sweet jacket somewhere.

Things that came off wrong to me in the trial:

1) The timing. We're meant to believe that in the time that Nagito managed to crawl around and find the lamp cable, crawl under the table, and get pushed away, Hanamura managed to grab 2 hidden items from the kitchen, shut the fire doors, run something like 4 times the distance that Nagito had to travel, grab a tablecloth, open up the trapdoor, and crawl another twice the distance of Nagito? It's clearly not adding up. But trial 1 is over, so much for that line of defence.

2) I find it hard to believe that Togami deliberately sacrificed himself. There's a difference between throwing yourself onto a live grenade so your buddies don't eat shrapnel, and throwing yourself on top of someone armed with a single barbecue skewer. Just evacuate follow skewer man, and drag people out of the way, sheesh, you don't need to tank stabs with your own body.

It's possible that Hanamura had already grabbed the hidden items and shut the fire door before the lights went out. I agree he'd have to be waddling along at a hell of a pace for someone carrying a lit flame around, though.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Krinkle posted:

We'll never find out now if Hanamura selectively poisoned two people or why they both needed the bathroom the most at the same time.

Undercooked meat. Hanamura didn't have time to properly cook the food, what with plotting a murder and all. Akane and Monobear are not phased by such things though, being wild animals.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I think my favorite part about Nagito is that none of the poo poo he spouts out is actually nonsense. It's well known that competition leads to a drive to show one's strength, and that seemingly opposite concepts cannot exist without the other. It's trivial that there's no hope without despair, and the only way to show the strength of hope is to put it against absolute despair. None of this is out of place or startling, it reads like a simple interpretation of the last story.

What's completely and utterly hosed is how devoted Nagito is to showing off this hope. He's so in love with the idea of hope and its power that he's willingly helping an insane mastermind torture some kids. An example of someone who gets so wrapped up in their ideas and goals that they completely forget the actual impact of their actions. He's so insanely in love with a good thing that he's destroying everything it represents trying to show it off.

It's certainly a lot more interesting than an rear end in a top hat who just makes life more miserable because he's in love with despair.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
You know, I thought Junko was cool because she was such an outlandish nutcase and her multiple personalities were really fun to watch, but that's also because she was introduced so late in the game. Komaeda's trying to do the same thing here and I think it's fine, but being introduced so early on I can imagine how grating the trials will become when he goes on his rants and I hope he dies soon if only so he doesn't pad out the script with the same repetitive platitudes.

Also, RIP SHSL Cook Chef Hanamura. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ndi
Oct 9, 2012

The answer is small bombs!

quote:

Perhaps you should even call me a "Super High-school Level Super High-school Level Fanboy"!

It's probably not significant, but this instantly reminded me of the way Hinata described himself at the start of the game.

Hinata posted:

You know how a young baseball or soccer fan thinks about their favorite team?
It goes beyond mere support... it borders on worship. Like a religion.

Well, ever since I was young, I’ve held that same kind of reverence for Hope's Peak Academy

I can remember Nagito having a few lines how he and Hinata were alike, too. I'm not sure where the game is going with it, but I'm intrigued. I'm also completely convinced Nagito's memories are intact. It'd explain how he was able to manipulate Hanamura so easily.

What really got me about Hanamura's execution is that he probably figured out what was coming long before it happened. He's a SHSL cook, after all. The idea of knowing you're going to be fried alive is horrifying.

• Locked thread