Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

tiistai posted:

I'm fairly sure lazerbot found us out and read the thread all by himself. Nobody could have predicted this kind of a meltdown when he was faced with criticism of his personal views, pretty much all of which happened here.

If anything, it was lazerbot who touched the poop and now he has been overreacting to it for the last couple of months.

This. This right here.

The amount of "Waah, dammit, Goons ruin everything!" is amazing, considering all things considered, goons didn't really do anything. We enjoyed his work, he found out about it and got actively involved in the community, and started incorporating feedback and responding to comments from his fans, then got mad when the fans started not liking things. This wasn't a creepy Kate Beaton-type deal, this was a comic book creator getting mad at his fans for not liking his new stuff. (And politely asking him to stop using "homo" and "fag" as negatives.)

LazerBot is basically Frank Miller, is what I'm saying here, and none of us made him the way he is. He chose to respond that way with the people he found and engaged on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Honestly I'm surprised that anybody thought that asking some sort of bi-polar internet comic author to stop using the word "human being" would result in anything else.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

His was really a ridiculous overreaction. What I liked about lazerbot in the beginning was that his pills seemed comparatively chill for a slightly deranged webcomic artist, and then his attitude seemed to completely flip around. He's been coming off as an arrogant rear end in a top hat these past few months, and I'm saying this as one of the people who didn't care about the use of the word 'human being' at all.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Vargo posted:

This. This right here.

The amount of "Waah, dammit, Goons ruin everything!" is amazing, considering all things considered, goons didn't really do anything. We enjoyed his work, he found out about it and got actively involved in the community, and started incorporating feedback and responding to comments from his fans, then got mad when the fans started not liking things. This wasn't a creepy Kate Beaton-type deal, this was a comic book creator getting mad at his fans for not liking his new stuff. (And politely asking him to stop using "homo" and "fag" as negatives.)

LazerBot is basically Frank Miller, is what I'm saying here, and none of us made him the way he is. He chose to respond that way with the people he found and engaged on his own.

I don't even think we asked him to stop (Though somebody might have). I remember it being it brought up as a discussion. Lazerbot came on this thread, read that conversation, and went ape-poo poo.

Blackheart posted:

Tails gets foreverially tied up, literally bologna and cheese, literally and lovin it.

I actually decided to make it. I'd love to post it now to try and shake things up a bit, but I can't (I didn't finish the gif, and I'm not at home). I did hide the sneaky bastard in an gif edit in another thread in this very forum...you'll have to be an expert ninja to find it though. :chord:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

scarycave posted:

I don't even think we asked him to stop (Though somebody might have). I remember it being it brought up as a discussion. Lazerbot came on this thread, read that conversation, and went ape-poo poo.

OK, I'm going to step forward and say that I did try to talk to him back when the shitstorm was just starting. I tried to explain to him that people were only complaining about the things he was saying on his Facebook page, not the stuff in his comic, and that he simply needed to stop doing that and everything would go on as before. I also tried to point out that goons were his biggest fans and created most of the fanart, and there was no need to hate us/them. He replied in a really hostile manner. His choice of words gave me the feeling that someone actually tried to threaten him at some point and that he was expecting attacks from everyone.

my dad fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 16, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

my dad posted:

OK, I'm going to step forward and say that I did try to talk to him back when the shitstorm was just starting. I tried to explain to him that people were only complaining about the things he was saying on his Facebook page, not the stuff in his comic, and that he simply needed to stop doing that and everything would go on as before. I also tried to point out that goons were his biggest fans and created most of the fanart, and there was no need to hate us/them. He replied in a really hostile manner. His choice of words gave me the feeling that someone actually tried to threaten him at some point and that he was expecting attacks from everyone.

That was you? :psyboom: *Thunder and Dramatic Music.mp3*
If I remember though, that was a pretty recent post, it was there when I checked to see if he had anything to say about the comic, unless you said something similar prior.

I wish that Lazy would just let this go, post some new comics, end the fight, and get us talking about the craziness of the comic again.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I said it in a private message, so no, I'm not that one person you think I am.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

scarycave posted:

That was you? :psyboom: *Thunder and Dramatic Music.mp3*
If I remember though, that was a pretty recent post, it was there when I checked to see if he had anything to say about the comic, unless you said something similar prior.

I wish that Lazy would just let this go, post some new comics, end the fight, and get us talking about the craziness of the comic again.

I wish all of the Beatles were still alive and making music together. Alas, somethings can never be undone.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

ToastyPotato posted:

I wish all of the Beatles were still alive and making music together. Alas, somethings can never be undone.

Life is indeed a shithouse

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ToastyPotato posted:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I hate you. Foreverially.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008

my dad posted:

His choice of words gave me the feeling that someone actually tried to threaten him at some point and that he was expecting attacks from everyone.

That would explain a lot. I underwent some pretty ruthless cyberbullying at age 14-15 and it hosed with my head for years...hopefully Lazerbot has never had to go through that crap but I wouldn't hold my breath.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

lazerbot posted:

trying some new things on this new page and its taking alot longer then expected but i am excited about it and i hope you enjoy it when its finished if not i don't care lol and know SA you most likely won't like it but to the rest of you enjoy but i sure am Excited about this next page. the detail on some of the things is newish to my style and i am liking it so far

This was posted on deviantArt, something he usually never does. Anyway, new page inbound. Shame we're not going to like it, though.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now where is that lovely page. I already hate it so much.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
My kingdom for a new tails gets gay

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
football guy turns out to be an undercover troll but mr fat gay monkey punches his head off. Calling it now.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

horriblePencilist posted:

football guy turns out to be an undercover troll but mr fat gay monkey punches his head off. Calling it now.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this is going to happen but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's saying we're not going to like it because its another fight page.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

my dad posted:

His choice of words gave me the feeling that someone actually tried to threaten him at some point and that he was expecting attacks from everyone.

He probably really does think we were friends and then we betrayed him or something to that effect. It seems like he took the homophobe accusations as a direct personal attack. It's obvious that nobody likes getting called something like that, and in his case it was especially jarring to him because he believes not making fun of gays is special treatment and inequality. He's not completely wrong, but he is missing the point. Tails Gets Gay is bizarre and funny, him having internet arguments and calling people gay is just juvenile.

Then again, his attitude towards us got really bad after he started this current fighting sequence and goons' interest waned due to, well, not much of interest happening. Now he's interpreting that as another attack, because we must be hostile towards him for some reason he decided in his head and won't let go. lazerbot, if you're reading, we're not.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He sure doesn't care about what SA thinks with the constant references to us. :jerkbag:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Monicro posted:

My kingdom for a new tails gets gay

Now is the winter of our discontent.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

It's happened. Lazerbot has officially turned TGT into the "gently caress Something Awful" comic. He keeps talking about how his next page is reeeeaaallyyy ganna get us. I want the comic back.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 17, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What are you talking about? This sounds like it's going to be hilarious.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Something Awful Gets Trolled

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dorroile posted:

Gosh I hope that is what is coming, but I fear it'll just be more NaruDBleach.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I thought this comic was about rising above the trolling. villans is not the answer.

not "die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the troll"

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Dorroile posted:

How would you deal with a troll Lowtax?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

El Belmondo posted:

How would you deal with a troll Lowtax?

they cant troll you if their banned

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
The avatars of lucky goons will appear in the comic as fat trolls ready to be murdered

Including those who have TGT avatars

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Its just going to be a page of that one guys's football character being told he's a retard, getting killed, then everyone saying something awful members are retards.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's going to be the dead guy and the yellow guy fighting for like 6 panels. At this point I'd love it if the rest of the comic was just misplaced impotent rage towards SA.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Tengames posted:

Its just going to be a page of that one guys's football character being told he's a retard, getting killed, then everyone saying something awful members are retards.

It could just be a wall of text why SA is terrible and that he's not putting in King Baby Zapdos - that will end with Lazerbot stroking his penis. I don't think he'd be that big of a douche to do something like that. I'm still waiting for him to show up.

ClownSyndrome posted:

The avatars of lucky goons will appear in the comic as fat trolls ready to be murdered

Including those who have TGT avatars

That would be the best thing ever. :allears:
Like that execution scene in that other bad sonic fan-comic.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

scarycave posted:

It could just be a wall of text why SA is terrible and that he's not putting in King Baby Zapdos - that will end with Lazerbot stroking his penis. I don't think he'd be that big of a douche to do something like that. I'm still waiting for him to show up.

That would be the best thing ever. :allears:
Like that execution scene in that other bad sonic fan-comic.

My guess is it'll be disappointing and a really, really weak "burn" on SomethingAwful that only confounds us

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I don't think I could handle that level of humiliation.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm actually glad he's doing this. This is much more fun to speculate about than the neverending OC fight between Rob and Hindo. (though Rob is otherwise awesome)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Frankly the author becoming consumed by his paranoia of "trolls" is just about the most artful way this could possibly have ended. You suck poo poo Lazerbot.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Please don't say rude words to lazerbot. He is just a lost boy, looking for the light.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Calico Heart posted:

It's happened. Lazerbot has officially turned TGT into the "gently caress Something Awful" comic. He keeps talking about how his next page is reeeeaaallyyy ganna get us. I want the comic back.

Not incisive comics that flame Something Awful! Anything but that! Don't you know how devastating his comics can be to his aggressors?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

Please don't say rude words to lazerbot. He is just a lost boy, looking for the light.

We will stop this hate with kindness

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Dorroile posted:

they cant troll you if their banned

But no-one wanted to believe. Believe they even existed. And when the truth finally dawns: It dawns in fire.

But, there's one they fear. In their tongue, he's :sax::
Kyooooooooon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

New plan. LB should just make comics that flame his "haters." I had forgotten how funny it is when he lashes out at someone specifically.