Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

JehovahsWetness posted:

Traded a big pile of junk that I culled from the shelves and got a bunch of reissues / comp stuff I've missed. I've gotten a number of decent 45s lately but nobody cares about those so here's some LPs I like before they get moved from the 'recent' pile:

Almost bought a pair of La Scalas but decided the cabinets were in too bad shape to manage w/ refinishing. I really don't want to have to deal with relaminating, never done it before and would hate to gently caress it up. Odds are really, really low a decent pair will ever show up near me though.
I usually have SOME idea of what you're buying, looks like I'm slipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

There is a music shop here in Blue Ridge GA that has the nicest collection of vintage audio dramas on vinyl that I've ever seen in my life.
I'm going back tomorrow with my mad money, cause drat.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

Farts Domino posted:

I usually have SOME idea of what you're buying, looks like I'm slipping.

This. Looks like we need to dig a little deeper.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a 7'' from a Sydney band called Bloods and it came in the mail today but all I got was an empty package, someone stole it out of my mailbox. Devestated :(

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Hey, people not from the US or Canada! Did you love Django Unchained? Did you love the music especially? Do you want to buy the soundtrack? But do you want to pay far out the rear end for a coloured release?

Really? Oh. Well, you can't. US and Canada exclusive.

But don't fret! Insound is here to pick up the slack! As long as you pay a nominal fee to have it shipped your way!

http://www.insound.com/Quentin-Tarantinos-Django-Unchained-OST-Vinyl-2xLP-Various-Artists/P/INS117419/

Or you could just get the regular priced black vinyl version. But this one is limited. To an undisclosed amount. So there.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Has anyone seen anything about the non-RSD re-issue of Relationship of Command? I'm kind of thinking I might have to go to my record store for it just because I like the track Catacombs, and I am afraid it won't be on the forthcoming re-issue that we haven't heard anything about.

Ugh, RSD is such a shitshow too at this store.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

alg posted:

Has anyone seen anything about the non-RSD re-issue of Relationship of Command? I'm kind of thinking I might have to go to my record store for it just because I like the track Catacombs, and I am afraid it won't be on the forthcoming re-issue that we haven't heard anything about.

Ugh, RSD is such a shitshow too at this store.

Is Catacombs a bonus track?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

WASDF posted:

Is Catacombs a bonus track?

It's not listed here: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/6093 even though it was in other releases. I'm assuming it won't be on the non-RSD release, which would suck bad.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

alg posted:

It's not listed here: http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/6093 even though it was in other releases. I'm assuming it won't be on the non-RSD release, which would suck bad.

Really dumb. I hope that isnt so.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hey, people not from the US or Canada! Did you love Django Unchained? Did you love the music especially? Do you want to buy the soundtrack? But do you want to pay far out the rear end for a coloured release?

Really? Oh. Well, you can't. US and Canada exclusive.

But don't fret! Insound is here to pick up the slack! As long as you pay a nominal fee to have it shipped your way!

http://www.insound.com/Quentin-Tarantinos-Django-Unchained-OST-Vinyl-2xLP-Various-Artists/P/INS117419/

Or you could just get the regular priced black vinyl version. But this one is limited. To an undisclosed amount. So there.

That is cool, but holy poo poo is that over priced.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

CPL593H posted:

That is cool, but holy poo poo is that over priced.

Haha wow! You can get ltd DLPs shipped worldwide for that price. Insane!

rghayati
Dec 29, 2007

Belated and opinionated best of 2012

Clockwise from top left:

Lost In the Trees - A Church That Fits Our Needs
Krallice - Years Past Matter
Sirs - Sirs
Grand Salvo - Slay Me In My Sleep

Saosin's self titled from '06 FINALLY got a vinyl pressing and I almost walked into a Hot Topic to get one until I remembered we live in an age of human dignity and ebay.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

rghayati posted:

Saosin's self titled from '06 FINALLY got a vinyl pressing and I almost walked into a Hot Topic to get one until I remembered we live in an age of human dignity and ebay.

You sacrificed your human dignity when you admitted any of this.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Looking to buy a copy of Modern Baseball's "Sports" 1st pressing/2nd pressing on Clear/Splatter, if any are floating around. TIA.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 18, 2013

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

You sacrificed your human dignity when you admitted any of this.

But that Sirs album he posted is pretty dope and I never see it get any love.

Also, Saosin put out stuff after Translating the Name? I guess I learned something today.

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005

Ooh, Nelson Angelo e Joyce. That's a great record. Where'd ya pick that up?

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
For any other Australians there's a list that's been posted on FB of all the releases that should be available in Australia for RSD.

https://www.facebook.com/RecordStoreDayAustralia/posts/450694848342383

They have a Cypress Hill album on red vinyl. Why oh why would it not be green?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I am hoping to GOD someone has the Steven Wilson picture disc in Brisbane. I am going to 5 or 6 stores and don't really want anything else. I'm keen for the sales on used vinyl too. Also excited to to go to Jet Black Cat Music for the first time, it looks great. And Egg Records, drat I love Egg :allears:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have any Bomb The Music Industry vinyl they want to offload?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

If someone's gonna pick up Relationship of Command on Saturday I might be interested in buying a copy off of you. None of my stores are getting it.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded

Lungs posted:

Ooh, Nelson Angelo e Joyce. That's a great record. Where'd ya pick that up?

Just a private sale, nothing crazy. I've never actually found many good braz records in actual record stores aside from a couple Caymmi LPs and Valle's US release stuff.

Funeral Pudding
Jun 20, 2006
My pal the tortoise, fast does he go?

JehovahsWetness posted:

Just a private sale, nothing crazy. I've never actually found many good braz records in actual record stores aside from a couple Caymmi LPs and Valle's US release stuff.

Speaking of Caymmi, I just finally found a copy of his first LP at a local place. Not something I was expecting to see at all.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005

david puddy posted:

I found a copy of this in a JB Hi-Fi on my lunch break today, been looking out for it for a few weeks now:

I actually just got into this band today after somehow ignoring them for 3 years even though they are from this city. I'm a disgrace.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did you get a 45 RPM pressing of it david puddy ?

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

bowmore posted:

Does anyone have any Bomb The Music Industry vinyl they want to offload?

No! (hugs records)

It makes me sad that Jeff was talking about them breaking up after this next tour :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They arn't breaking up, just taking a break!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

Did you get a 45 RPM pressing of it david puddy ?

Nope. Also I have just learned that Tame Impala have an RSD release so I will try to snag that too, I know the store I'm hitting first has at least one copy.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the only thing I'm getting is the Surfer Blood 7", David Puddy you wouldn't happen to live near Fitzroy Vic would you?

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

bowmore posted:

Surfer Blood 7"

What's on it, songs about beating women?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Surfingelectrode posted:

What's on it, songs about beating women?
You just made me google search that + surfer blood and I had no idea, what a loving grub. I might not bother now.

I'd pick up the Kate Nash heart shaped vinyl but I don't think any stores are stocking it near me :(

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

bowmore posted:

I think the only thing I'm getting is the Surfer Blood 7", David Puddy you wouldn't happen to live near Fitzroy Vic would you?

Nah, I live in Brisbane.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

So is it a fact that the Jesus & Mary Chain release is UK only?
Would someone here mind snatching one for me?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

In a similar vein, it doesn't seem like anyone in my city has a copy of the Steven Wilson picture disc. If anyone picks it up for me I will gladly pay you price + shipping + a little extra for your troubles.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

iostream.h posted:

So is it a fact that the Jesus & Mary Chain release is UK only?
Would someone here mind snatching one for me?

Me too, that's the only thing I was really excited about this year :(

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

david puddy posted:

In a similar vein, it doesn't seem like anyone in my city has a copy of the Steven Wilson picture disc. If anyone picks it up for me I will gladly pay you price + shipping + a little extra for your troubles.
How DO we see what stores get what releases? The only reason I knew about the J&MC is because I read it here.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

iostream.h posted:

How DO we see what stores get what releases? The only reason I knew about the J&MC is because I read it here.

RSD Australia's FB page posted a comprehensive list of the titles supposedly available here, it's not on that list and I haven't seen it in any of the lists/pictures individual stores are posting either. Curious that we're getting stuff from last year too (Hvarf/Heim, Reservoir Dogs, etc)

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

david puddy posted:

RSD Australia's FB page posted a comprehensive list of the titles supposedly available here, it's not on that list and I haven't seen it in any of the lists/pictures individual stores are posting either. Curious that we're getting stuff from last year too (Hvarf/Heim, Reservoir Dogs, etc)
Oh awesome, thanks!

I'd LOVE and happily compensate someone if they picked up (in order of preference):
Sigur Ros : Hvarf/Heim
Jesus & Mary Chain : Psychocandy
Megadeth : Killing is My Business (shaddup, I'm a child of the '80s and can't help it)

For that Sigur Ros especially I'd throw in Plat, Amazon gift cert, wtf ever to keep me from paying $90 on Discogs for it.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
Looks like that's the list for 78's here. Pity I'm working tomorrow :(

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
New haul today....

The Residents - Eskimo
The Residents - Intermission
Laurie Anderson - Mister Heartbreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

iostream.h posted:

I'd LOVE and happily compensate someone if they picked up (in order of preference):
Sigur Ros : Hvarf/Heim
Jesus & Mary Chain : Psychocandy
Megadeth : Killing is My Business (shaddup, I'm a child of the '80s and can't help it)

Don't apologize for liking that Megadeth record, it's the best of the three you listed by far.