Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Shuu posted:

I had to remove this girl from my friends list finally. She posts some horrible opinion every day as her "debate of the day", and wholeheartedly believes each and every one of them.

Don't leave us hanging with the multitude of comments for the last two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yay, it's a teenager who thinks they know how the world works. How precious.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jack Krauser posted:

Yay, it's a teenager who thinks they know how the world works. How precious.

I think you missed something! :ughh:

Shuu posted:

She's 23.

Wow. Sounds like she's Just-World Fallacy: The Person.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I think you missed something! :ughh:

Wow. Sounds like she's Just-World Fallacy: The Person.

Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Shuu
Aug 19, 2005

Wow!

Ragequit posted:

Don't leave us hanging with the multitude of comments for the last two!

Oop, wasn't sure if anyone cared about the comments. Most people disagreed with her on the breastfeeding thing and then deleted her.

Regarding self-harm:

Breastfeeding (linked for huge 33 comments):

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Four minutes.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ratspeaker posted:

Four minutes.

The armed police officer was killed because of a gun free zone would be my response other than a simple gently caress YOU over and over.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Shuu posted:

A girl and her lovely opinions

I wonder how many of her Facebook "debates" end with her admitting that she "doesn't know why I think that way, I just do lol" because that seems to be her default statement when someone questions her about something.

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you
I think I need to delete this guy. He posts around 20-40 times a day about Sandy Hook/Boston and how it's one big hoax. I've shared some of his stuff on here before, but here is the manifesto I woke up to this morning. In a lot of ways I feel sorry for him. It must be hell living life thinking everything is out to get you. Part of me believes this is a result of mental illness/drug induced psychosis. I mean, it's incessant.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
"The FBI secret services/invisible government is in on it like every other terror attack in the past 10 years." So he doesn't think 9/11 was an inside job, or was that just a different group?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I'm green and I think yellow wants to kill everyone on the planet, without descrimination :ohdear:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Ratspeaker posted:

"The FBI secret services/invisible government is in on it like every other terror attack in the past 10 years." So he doesn't think 9/11 was an inside job, or was that just a different group?

He probably does think it was an inside job, he's just either lost track of how long it's actually been or he's using 10 as a general term since it's a nice round number that's pretty close to 12. I really can't imagine a nutjob who thinks the government is using a small pool of actors to hoax national tragedies wouldn't also believe 9/11 was "controlled demolition" or whatever.

Soviet Commubot posted:

I'm green and I think yellow wants to kill everyone on the planet, without descrimination :ohdear:

"Terrorism is A-OK as long as it's by someone I can consider white." I'm not surprised really, but still. :wtc: (Not that I think that's what you believe Soviet Commubot, just the "logic" of that train of thought is mind-boggling to me).

Kimmalah has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Apr 19, 2013

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Soviet Commubot posted:

Maybe you know better since you presumably know yellow, but I'm pretty sure he's joking. "Kill them all and let God sort them out" is a Simpsons quote.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Diabolik900 posted:

Maybe you know better since you presumably know yellow, but I'm pretty sure he's joking. "Kill them all and let God sort them out" is a Simpsons quote.

He's absolutely not joking at all. I know him from an airsoft group I used to play with and he's the worst sort of military fanboy who posts all sorts of military memes about being a proud infidel and poo poo like that. It constantly baffles him that, being a veteran, I don't agree with his horrible opinions about everything.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Diabolik900 posted:

Uh, that phrase was around for hundreds of years before the Simpsons used it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

senrath posted:

Uh, that phrase was around for hundreds of years before the Simpsons used it.

Eh, it happens. When I was a dumb teen, I thought "The death of one is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic," was a line from a Marilyn Manson song until I found out it was actually something Stalin said.

Idiots: I'm not in the mood to screen capture and photoshop it all out, so I'll just say that my brother's wall exploded with stupid "Gun law failed? Good! gently caress you Obama! ARE GUNS!" memes. I posted "What's a few dead kids, anyway?" on the latest.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013

Pope Mobile posted:

Eh, it happens. When I was a dumb teen, I thought "The death of one is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic," was a line from a Marilyn Manson song until I found out it was actually something Stalin said.
Actually, Stalin (most likely)never said that :eng101: It is commonly misattributed to him, though.

quote:

I had to remove this girl from my friends list finally. She posts some horrible opinion every day as her "debate of the day", and wholeheartedly believes each and every one of them.
Literally every day? How long has she been doing it? I wonder when will she run out of ideas.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Dire Chinchilla posted:

Literally every day? How long has she been doing it? I wonder when will she run out of ideas.

Did you just ask if there was a limit to human stupidity?

Caxixi
Sep 20, 2012
Surprisingly my facebook isn't that bad most of the time. My university confessions page isn't even that bad. But I found a couple that made me laugh.

He posts stuff like that daily. SO glad someone finally commented on that.

Have a serious medical question? Ask a university confessions page!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hahahaha "Who do I listen to: people who went to med school or people with a made up profession?"

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

:psyduck:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
Why yes, I do remember that show that ended a year or so ago and is still on repeat every single day! The .jpg artifacts helped me to remember. :downs:

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Why yes, I do remember that show that ended a year or so ago and is still on repeat every single day! The .jpg artifacts helped me to remember. :downs:

If by "ended a year or so ago" you mean "is still on the air and is one of Fox's most-watched programs" then yes.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

"top expert of biophysics energy medicine" :downs:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

"Earthing" sounds like the next big thing after planking, Tebowing and Faith Hilling.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

This is why people in poor countries like Africa and Bangladesh who can't afford shoes are so incredibly healthy and never get diseases

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Doomsayer posted:

If by "ended a year or so ago" you mean "is still on the air and is one of Fox's most-watched programs" then yes.

I haven't watched any of the new episodes so I didn't know it was still going on. I thought it finished last year but I guess I'm wrong. :saddowns:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Didn't that model even read the macro she's in? Her feet are way in the air, she's totally doing it wrong.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Getting a ringworm is to be expected, it's just the avatar of all your diseases coming out through your feet.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Just some good old-fashioned racism, plus it was being shared from 4chan's page. I think I have about 3 or 4 friends who have liked that page.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Kuroyama posted:

Just some good old-fashioned racism, plus it was being shared from 4chan's page. I think I have about 3 or 4 friends who have liked that page.

At the risk of being :goonsay: as hell, that one is made slightly stupider when you realize ramen noodles are Japanese.

(Unless that was what you were pointing out).

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Glad to see people are reacting reasonably to the capture of the second Boston Marathon bombing suspect

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

Sweet Jesus, its Boko Maru.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Airconswitch posted:

Glad to see people are reacting reasonably to the capture of the second Boston Marathon bombing suspect

Black is an old Army buddy (god drat lots of them are crazy) and his super gung ho attitude is pretty ironic because when we were in Iraq together he managed to get himself into a position where he didn't leave the FOB for like 4 months because he was scared.

God drat the irony

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Libs, if you're so smart, how come you haven't banned Muslims from the country by now?

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

I'm sure I've seen this exact same image with "America" instead of Canada and it's still bullshit.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Carbon Thief posted:

I'm sure I've seen this exact same image with "America" instead of Canada and it's still bullshit.

It's been posted in this thread, just a page or two back, and as a result I kept expecting that to turn into some kind of joke about how Canada is better. Hell, I had to read the part about medicine a few times before I got that it wasn't bragging about their health care system.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

It's been posted in this thread, just a page or two back, and as a result I kept expecting that to turn into some kind of joke about how Canada is better. Hell, I had to read the part about medicine a few times before I got that it wasn't bragging about their health care system.

It's not even true! Seniors only pay $2 for all prescription medications, and I rarely see a pharmacy that doesn't advertise "we pay your $2 fee for seniors". And of course you have to press 1 for English, we have 2 official languages, and the French settled here first! Also we have a surprisingly good network of homeless shelters and food banks (at least in major cities); I gained over 40 lbs during the year I spent in a shelter. Argh! I just de-friended the person who posted this on FB.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Carbon Thief posted:

It's not even true! Seniors only pay $2 for all prescription medications, and I rarely see a pharmacy that doesn't advertise "we pay your $2 fee for seniors". And of course you have to press 1 for English, we have 2 official languages, and the French settled here first! Also we have a surprisingly good network of homeless shelters and food banks (at least in major cities); I gained over 40 lbs during the year I spent in a shelter. Argh! I just de-friended the person who posted this on FB.

Yeah, it has to be some kind of commentary on the American version but I don't get what the point is. It isn't exactly true for America either, though maybe a bit more true than it is for Canada. The most I can figure it for is a jab at "America isn't the only country with these problems" but then it doesn't make that message at all obvious.

I'm guessing only madness is down the path of attempted understanding of Facebook Idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also, the government of Canada is currently slashing foreign aid spending so much that in the most recent budget the Canadian International Development Agency is being folded into the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade to create a super department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development, with the implication being that seeking greater cooperation between these things is mostly to promote Canadian businesses overseas, and that the aid budget may get slashed even more to divert it to these other goals as time goes on. So... that facebook idiot got their wish, I guess.

• Locked thread