Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I can't believe that I'm actually agreeing with Glenn Beck on something, but here I am. He's taking to task on Twitter all of the people that don't want to give this guy his due process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

Without getting shot in the face!

Which is quite odd, assuming that he actually lifted the tarp and saw the suspect. Because, apparently when the police did it, the suspect returned fire.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Quit the gun talk. The bombs were made from Acetone Peroxide which is even more easily bought and made.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

Thank you for contributing to better it as a thread. Thanks to everybody, especially YOU, the posters at home reading this post about the post about the posts.

Sorry, I'll shut up. I was just surprised how fast the tone turned.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Which is quite odd, assuming that he actually lifted the tarp and saw the suspect. Because, apparently when the police did it, the suspect returned fire.

I suspect the suspect was tryin' to catch some z's or was delirious from bloodloss.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

shyduck posted:

I can't believe that I'm actually agreeing with Glenn Beck on something, but here I am. He's taking to task on Twitter all of the people that don't want to give this guy his due process.

He's also had an article on Blaze claiming that he was giving the Obama administration a finite amount of time to admit the bombings were an inside job before he revealed the truth to the public.

EDIT: Sorry, it was on his radio show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODZaaMTwfg

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Apparently somebody in a house that was previously searched noticed that her shed door was now open and there were either bloody clothes next to it or actual bloodstains on the boat, and called the cops immediately.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

shyduck posted:

As much as Glenn Beck has crazy ideas about the gov't and connections to Soylandra he's always been insane about US citizens getting due process even if they're terrorists. A while back he was on Fox and Friends and the guy was saying something like "Let's just dump X in Guantanamo and see how he likes it" and Glenn cut him off and started going on about the inviolate rights of citizens.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He's also had an article on Blaze claiming that he was giving the Obama administration a finite amount of time to admit the bombings were an inside job before he revealed the truth to the public.
Whew, thanks for that. I don't know what I was thinking for a second.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

shyduck posted:

Even a broken watch...

I'm so happy to wake up to the news that they caught the fucker. I can't believe he was shooting back at the cops from the boat as well? What was he hoping to accomplish?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_71 posted:

Apparently somebody in a house that was previously searched noticed that her shed door was open and there were either bloody clothes next to it or actual bloodstains on the boat, and called the cops immediately.

'Honey, did you bleed all over the boat this afternoon?'

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cellophane S posted:

Even a broken watch...

I'm so happy to wake up to the news that they caught the fucker. I can't believe he was shooting back at the cops from the boat as well? What was he hoping to accomplish?

Suicide by cop, maybe? At this point, who knows.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
So in the end it was cowboy hat guy who helped save the legs blown off guy's life who helped ID the correct suspects for the FBI who sexually molested a senior with machines.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

Suicide by cop, maybe? At this point, who knows.

More likely scared.

Sypher
Feb 4, 2003
Is it even confirmed he was shooting back at cops? I listened to the scanner for a huge majority of the night and I never heard them saying they were taking fire from the boat, but that they were just firing dummy rounds into it.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus
Is there any information (preferably not from Fox or CNN) on Douchehat Tsarnaev's medical condition?

Sypher
Feb 4, 2003

DongsMcMurphy posted:

Is there any information (preferably not from Fox or CNN) on Douchehat Tsarnaev's medical condition?

MSNBC says he is in serious condition.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Cellophane S posted:

What was he hoping to accomplish?
Who knows, but I'd hazard a guess that he was a 19 year old guy who probably wasn't the person in charge of this whole operation, had escaped the night before solely by dumb luck, and was scared out of his mind. I doubt he had any plan for himself.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DongsMcMurphy posted:

The doctors in that hospital would be really dumb if they let reporters and stuff get all up in their business when they're working on him.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Fancy Corndog posted:

who sexually molested a senior with machines.

Dude, the work office was quiet today. But anyone there heard me laugh at least twice at this in the thread. It was a joke from the radio at first, but the robots kept coming!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone here who knows anything about how manhunt procedures in the United States tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10, just how likely it was that we were going to take White Hat alive, 1 being "Completely expected" and 10 being "About as probable as taking Bin Laden alive"? Thanks.

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

Samurai Sanders posted:

The doctors in that hospital would be really dumb if they let reporters and stuff get all up in their business when they're working on him.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just really hoping to see him put on trial like a lot of other people here.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Can anyone here who knows anything about how manhunt procedures in the United States tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10, just how likely it was that we were going to take White Hat alive, 1 being "Completely expected" and 10 being "About as probable as taking Bin Laden alive"? Thanks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DongsMcMurphy posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just really hoping to see him put on trial like a lot of other people here.
Oh and also unauthorized people in the hospital might try to kill him, or at deliberately interfere with the work on him so he dies. I'm sure it's limited to only doctors and police.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
eh, not that unlikely. I would have said a 6 or 7.

I am very glad that we are going to see him stand trial and see his motives brought out into the light though.

Windjammer
Feb 23, 2007

So very primitive.

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, but they might be able to send a person out now and again to give updates. It's not unheard of for the media to be updated on a patient's condition while they're being worked on; just not constantly (and not through direct observation).

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He killed a cop, and was know to be armed when they finally confronted him.

I think what really determined how he was captured was the excellent planning that occurred when he was finally cornered. They made sure he could not escape, then took their time. Of course if White Hat decided to pop up, run and start shooting he would have died, so I guess it was like 90% him. But I don't think any of us really knew his dedication/lack of it until we could see the end and the choice he made on how to end it.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 20, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sypher posted:

MSNBC says he is in serious condition.
Considering that none of the dozen plus people who were taken to Boston hospitals on Monday in critical condition died, that basically means he's almost definitely going to live, right?
Holy poo poo, we're actually going to see this guy stand trial.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

10. I'm still really surprised they pulled it off. I can't wait for the first really good documentary/write up on the entire situation just to find out all of the crazy details we still don't know.

Sinz
Feb 17, 2011

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
So my school today got a bomb threat at the Del Taco... someone put a crock pot with wires in a package. Copy cats are popping up and this was in California. Sorry if someone posted this info already.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

On a scale of ducks to chicken, this was chicken. Osama was more mallard I would say.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I dunno how much of a written procedure there actually was for canvassing an entire city like this.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Probably depends mostly on whether or not he wanted to be alive.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Copley Depot posted:

eh, not that unlikely. I would have said a 6 or 7.

Armed & dangerous, with explosives. Suspected of killing a police officer and wounding others. I'd almost move the scale up to 11.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I would say very much towards 1 unless he decided he wanted to end it with a shootout in the street. The fact that they did end up taking him alive in the end is pretty demonstrative of this.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Boston police seem professional enough, and you had a scaed 19 year old kid with no plan, so maybe a 5 or 6? Many other places in this country and it'd be an 11 because the mission would have been search and eliminate, not apprehend.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

Who knows, but I'd hazard a guess that he was a 19 year old guy who probably wasn't the person in charge of this whole operation, had escaped the night before solely by dumb luck, and was scared out of his mind. I doubt he had any plan for himself.

Of course. It's irrational and he was probably dead tired too

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Fancy Corndog posted:

Probably depends mostly on whether or not he wanted to be alive.

This. If someone's determined not to be taken alive, it's really loving hard to take them alive. Obviously the younger brother wasn't as sold on the whole "blaze of glory" thing as his brother was.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

ethanol posted:

On a scale of ducks to chicken, this was chicken. Osama was more mallard I would say.

Now I'm hungry thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Korranus posted:

The Boston police seem professional enough, and you had a scaed 19 year old kid with no plan, so maybe a 6? Many other places in this country and it'd be an 11 because the mission would have been search and eliminate, not apprehend.

Yeah, my "10" score was predicated on past events, not on the actual situation. BPD done good.

• Locked thread