Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

rdbbb posted:

This good-not-great rip of the first soundtrack on Niconico is the best I can do for you (and I have done a fair bit of searching): http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm746081

I've had the CDs in my Amazon jp cart forever, but they're out of print so I have to buy from a third-party, but they never ship internationally so I just get lazy about it.

I know this is half a month late, but I somehow missed this post replying to mine and just wanted to say thank you for the link. Also thanks to Azazel for the mediafire link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
I wouldn't mind a stupid embarrassing Avatar for free :). On another note, did everyone see the good news about Earthbound?! I wish it was coming to the 3DS too, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

If they end up doing another Mega Man/Rock Man episode, someone should buy Arino the plush helm/blaster for the challenge. I'd love to see him wearing the helmet during the challenge.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
How to avoid an embarrassing avatar:

1. Don't post.

I don't even remember the second "ring ring tactics".

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Krioni posted:

I wouldn't mind a stupid embarrassing Avatar for free :). On another note, did everyone see the good news about Earthbound?! I wish it was coming to the 3DS too, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

If they end up doing another Mega Man/Rock Man episode, someone should buy Arino the plush helm/blaster for the challenge. I'd love to see him wearing the helmet during the challenge.

You can have mine.

And yeah, I'm really excited about Earthbound coming to the Wii VC. I know it's the hopeful person in me, but maybe if enough people buy the game it'll show Nintendo they need to localize the other two titles.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

The Muffinlord posted:

How to avoid an embarrassing avatar:

1. Don't post.

I don't even remember the second "ring ring tactics".

Arino got to talk to a high school girl and was very excited. The girl was possibly even more excited than he was.

Also Loderunner

Edit: He also asked a lady about her boob size

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 17, 2013

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I'm starting to feel like a weirdo for watching every episode straight through and enjoying most of them on at least some level. :saddowns: I do skip segments on other shows, but I find GCCX to be pretty relaxing and don't mind just letting them play all the way through.

Also, if you don't want to annoy posters, coming back immediately after a probation and continuing to annoy people by complaining about an avatar is probably not the best way to ingratiate yourself. I've found that if I make a bad/dumb post, it's best to just apologize, suck it up, and move on. It's been said but if you keep complaining about your avatar and title you're just going to keep getting that one back or worse. Or you can keep doing it and see what you get! (this is a bad idea for you, you should probably not do this)

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Humongous Pear posted:

I'm starting to feel like a weirdo for watching every episode straight through and enjoying most of them on at least some level. :saddowns: I do skip segments on other shows, but I find GCCX to be pretty relaxing and don't mind just letting them play all the way through.

Also, if you don't want to annoy posters, coming back immediately after a probation and continuing to annoy people by complaining about an avatar is probably not the best way to ingratiate yourself. I've found that if I make a bad/dumb post, it's best to just apologize, suck it up, and move on. It's been said but if you keep complaining about your avatar and title you're just going to keep getting that one back or worse. Or you can keep doing it and see what you get! (this is a bad idea for you, you should probably not do this)

I didn't mean to annoy, and I am sorry I broke the rule that I did. Probably should've read the rules a bit more thoroughly (or just stopped when someone said so). I couldn't help but say something when someone goes "Man, I wouldn't mind a free annoying avatar". The first post was more of a "How the heck do I fix this?" kinda deal.

But yeah, I feel the same way about GCCX. I didn't mind...pretty much any of the segments. I mean, there were some kinda iffy ones. But even the ones that people complain about (Sing Whatever The Hell You Want, for example) I thought were pretty well done. I think the only ones I didn't really care for were Shocking Videos MAX (and even then, Arino's reaction was funny) and Barcode Gambler (and it too had some funny moments). I even liked the Retro Read Aloud, and kinda wish they would've done more. I loved when they did Mega Man X, and apparently one of the episodes is Secret of Mana. Actually, I take it back. I didn't really care for Ring Ring Tactics. Super Monkey Adventure was boring as hell to watch. I don't care how funny Arino was.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

If you're a fan of the Night of the Sickle Weasel episode, the guys who developed that game have a new game on 3DS that's part of the Guild 02 collection called "The Starship Damrey" that's in the same vein as the "sound novels" on SFC. It's coming out in the US soon and they showed a trailer for it at Nintendo Direct.

Zeether fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 18, 2013

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
New Episode
ファミリートレーナー ジョギングレース
#158 Family Trainer Jogging Race
4/25/2013

Anyone have more info on this game?

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/gamecenter/index.html

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Staff tournament incoming. :getin:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

joek0 posted:

New Episode
ファミリートレーナー ジョギングレース
4/25/2013

Stadium Events?

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

joek0 posted:

New Episode
ファミリートレーナー ジョギングレース
4/25/2013

It's not staduim events, here's chrontendo's review of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7qwco6eowM&t=1541s

I'm wondering how they'll keep this interesting?

Mace Bacon fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 18, 2013

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Speaking of the Power Pad/ Family Trainer, is Arino in good enough condition to play such a game for a whole show worth of footage. He barely got through the Takeshi's Castle episode. Hope the Megaman 5 episode is an early episode this season.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 18, 2013

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

In that video I heard "it was developed by Human". Didn't they make the Fire Pro Wrestling series? :D

But yeah, I have some series doubts that this episode will be...fun. 40-45 minutes of watching THAT? There has to be more to it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bpc908 posted:

Stadium Events?

Huh, that caption about Mattel/NES incompatibility piqued my interest and I found this on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System#Lockout_circuitry

Wikipedia posted:

NES consoles sold in different regions had different lockout chips, so games marketed in one region would not work on consoles from another region. Known regions are: USA/Canada (3193 lockout chip), most of Europe (3195), Asia (3196) and UK, Italy and Australia (3197). Since two types of lockout chip were used in Europe, European NES game boxes often had an "A" or "B" letter on the front, indicating whether the game is compatible with UK/Italian/Australian consoles (A), or the rest of Europe (B). Rest-of-Europe games typically had text on the box stating "This game is not compatible with the Mattel or NES versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System". Similarly, UK/Italy/Australia games stated "This game is only compatible with the Mattel or NES versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System".

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, it was a large part in why Sega used Nintendo as a mop in the 8-bit generation over here.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The rationalization behind region locking is always so weird. I can understand why the UK might be in a different region from the rest of Europe, and sure throw Australia in there too instead of making a whole new region for it, but what's with Italy?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's region locking, it ain't got to make a lick of poo poo sense.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's region locking, it ain't got to make a lick of poo poo sense.

And just when it looks like we might be getting past it, Nintendo go and introduce region-locking to handheld systems. You know, those things people take with them when they travel, and might even want to buy games for.

At least we don't have PAL/NTSC issues to worry about anymore, now that we've finally got an international TV standard.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Region locking is the biggest, most confusing mess. I'm half-tempted to make a stink about the lack of a French version of Fire Emblem: Awakening and other games in North America (which have French versions overseas) and see how hard the Quebec language police leans on Nintendo for it.

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012

joek0 posted:

New Episode
ファミリートレーナー ジョギングレース
4/25/2013

Ah, what a disappointment! I wanted to see Arino running around on the Family Trainer pad in a police uniform.

Lik
Apr 8, 2013

Kachou ON!
Watched the ep where Kibe announced he was married. Um, that came outta no where...haha

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Help me locate a certain Tama-Ge.

The one where Arino visits what is basically a bar with a Famicom.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

Help me locate a certain Tama-Ge.

The one where Arino visits what is basically a bar with a Famicom.

He winds up playing with one of the hostesses, right? And the Famicom is upstairs? I think I know what you're talking about.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Lizard Wizard posted:

He winds up playing with one of the hostesses, right? And the Famicom is upstairs? I think I know what you're talking about.

Yeah pretty much. There's a little drawer and everything for games.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah pretty much. There's a little drawer and everything for games.

Home Ground from episode 42. If you're actually looking for the place, it's now closed.

FWIW, all of the locations are mapped out here: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204441416315783971638.0004bdc12995a3d16a8b6&msa=0 .

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Home Ground from episode 42. If you're actually looking for the place, it's now closed.

FWIW, all of the locations are mapped out here: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204441416315783971638.0004bdc12995a3d16a8b6&msa=0 .

Aw, man! I was hoping to go there the next time I went to Japan. Is there a comprehensive list of which arcade visit locations are closed and which ones aren't? Nevermind, the list says so. Nice!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Aw, man! I was hoping to go there the next time I went to Japan. Is there a comprehensive list of which arcade visit locations are closed and which ones aren't? Nevermind, the list says so. Nice!

Yeah, some of the entries are based on the store front not being there any more and the photo being taken after the episode was shot. In Home Ground's case I read a Japanese source that mentioned it was shut down.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

Three things: That survey gunstarheroes made was pretty drat cool, but I honestly feel that Quiz my Angel got absolutely robbed. Aside from Milons Secret Castle & Quest of Ki, thats one I always go back to. Those three (along with a few others) have become my sweetest lullaby.

Secondly, I have to say, as someone who has been faithfully watching every episode of GCCX as the SAGCCX team releases them as well as following this thread, I am pretty drat shocked that anyone would actually skip over any segment in any episode, like ever. I know i'm late to the party on this, but I really love that you guys take the time to translate almost everything, including the ads shown after the show, as well as the Kings message and all that seemingly extraneous stuff. It makes me feel like im almost watching it as it's being aired- and at the very least, including those "unimportant" bits brings me seriously nostalgic feelings from when I have visited Japan & watched Japanese TV. It's really fantastic that you include this stuff & I would seriously miss it if any parts of the show were cut out during translations. Just my two cents there.

And semi-unrelatedly, I'm trying to compile a list of episodes that I want to make ringtones from- one of which is from the "Sing Whatever the Hell You Want" segments where Arino sings "KI-BE" to the tune of the SEGA logo- can you guys tell me which episode thats from?
Also, if any of you have any ringtone requests, let me know- I've got some unexpected time off work and have nothing better to do with my time. I'll be happy to share them here once they're all done if thats kosher.

And again, thanks SAGCCX team. I absolutely love your work & my life would be slightly emptier without it, no joke.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, it was a large part in why Sega used Nintendo as a mop in the 8-bit generation over here.

That's a common misconception I posted about already (with regard to the Mega Drive) in the retro game thread: Sega "won" the UK but Nintendo sold more in the rest of Europe and those numbers were big enough to make them "win" Europe altogether. A lot of people assume that Sega's success in the UK meant they dominated all of Europe but they didn't. Personally here in Germany I knew 5 Nintendo owners for every Sega kid, although the numbers are closer to something like 60:40 in Nintendo's favor.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SuperMarrio posted:

one of which is from the "Sing Whatever the Hell You Want" segments where Arino sings "KI-BE" to the tune of the SEGA logo- can you guys tell me which episode thats from?

KI~BE happened in the segment aired during the Lemmings 24 Hour Live.

EDIT: Is the footage of Inoko MAX and Kan calling people's voicemails as Beat Takeshi available anywhere?

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 19, 2013

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Here's an interesting thing I have found.

I think (but I cannot be certain) that the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past director's cut from the second DVD set is more complicated that it seems. Based on how it's paced, edited, and some things said in the episode, I think the challenge was originally intended to be a two part episode. When they could only broadcast one episode, it had half of it roughly chopped out to make the version that all of you have seen.

The Link to the Past director's cut is by far the longest extended version of any challenge. It's almost exactly twice as long as normal challenge and the break for the shooting day occurs at the halfway mark in the extended version. On the broadcast version it happens almost three-quarters of the way into the challenge.

On top of that, episode 20 had three game collection segments and an oddly extended Ring Ring Tactics.

It really looks like they had intended to make one more episode that season and had to smush two episodes worth of content into just one.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 19, 2013

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
That would make a lot of sense considering how the episode came out, Being as long a game as it is putting it all in one episode is a hell of a squeeze.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Here's an interesting thing I have found.

I think (but I cannot be certain) that the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past director's cut from the second DVD set is more complicated that it seems. Based on how it's paced, edited, and some things said in the episode, I think the challenge was originally intended to be a two part episode. When they could only broadcast one episode, it had half of it roughly chopped out to make the version that all of you have seen.

The Link to the Past director's cut is by far the longest extended version of any challenge. It's almost exactly twice as long as normal challenge and the break for the shooting day occurs at the halfway mark in the extended version. On the broadcast version it happens almost three-quarters of the way into the challenge.

On top of that, episode 20 had three game collection segments and an oddly extended Ring Ring Tactics.

It really looks like they had intended to make one more episode that season and had to smush two episodes worth of content into just one.

This is true as I have watched the raw for the Zelda LTTP Director's Cut episode. Lots of stuff got cut out. Will you sub it?

What was added in the Director's Cut version of the Battletoads episode?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

joek0 posted:

What was added in the Director's Cut version of the Battletoads episode?

Don't you mean "what wasn't removed"? :eng101:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's nothing different in the Battletoads on the DVD. On the DVD it's the "full version" which is what they say when a multipart episode has been edited together to make one feature on the DVD. The extended episode in DVD set 9 is Tant-R.

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

joek0 posted:

This is true as I have watched the raw for the Zelda LTTP Director's Cut episode. Lots of stuff got cut out. Will you sub it?

I'm curious about this too- is this something you might sub in the future?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SuperMarrio posted:

I'm curious about this too- is this something you might sub in the future?

I'm quite freaked out by your avatar, but I concur with your idea on subbing the extended cut. Although I think it might be a question of getting hold of the DVD rip first and then determining if the work required will actually be worth it - as in, will there be THAT much new material added.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

I'm quite freaked out by your avatar, but I concur with your idea on subbing the extended cut. Although I think it might be a question of getting hold of the DVD rip first and then determining if the work required will actually be worth it - as in, will there be THAT much new material added.

There's no plans at the moment. Getting hold of a rip isn't a problem when one has the actual DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've kinda wanted to buy the official DVD's for a while now, but the prices are out of this world. I remember people saying that Japanese DVD's tend to be very highly priced altogether, but nearly 100 $ for import? Geeeeez.