Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

petewhitley posted:

This is a terrible game with tons of features locked behind IAP. I got it for free and regretted wasting my time.

Seconded. Forget that garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Shalinor posted:

Arranger will be free for the next week, if anyone else was curious to check it out. It looks like the right kind of bizarre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_39gvEQ-YU

Arranger rules and vocals are the best instrument.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Shwqa posted:

Here is a review for king's quest 2. It is a buggy piece of poo poo, don't buy it. I have tried 3 times to get a full party, but do to the poo poo coding, I permanently never get team members. This means having to play large part of chapter 1 without a full team, which is boring and frustrating. I even waited 3 months for the big update and they still didn't solve the problem.

Also the graphics look like complete horseshit.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Trustworthy posted:

Hahaha oops, I meant to say king cashing 2.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
You assholes. I've gone years without thinking of King's Quest and now I have to reinstall them all and go back down that rabbit hole. Just don't say Kyraooohno

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Arranger rules and vocals are the best instrument.

This is correct, also this is probably the weirdest game I have ever played.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Flame112 posted:

This is correct, also this is probably the weirdest game I have ever played.

Play Bonkey Trek.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Trustworthy posted:

King's Quest 2 was awesome. It had the vampire, and all the gateways, and that ocean shore scene was gorgeous for the time.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
Would anyone interested in being my egg trading partner for the Whacking Day event in Simpsons Tapped Out? Basically go tit for tat with eggs and get those "sweet" new buildings as quickly as possible.

pinchet
Oct 18, 2002

lobstarrrrr!!

Shalinor posted:

King's Quest 2 was awesome. It had the vampire, and all the gateways, and that ocean shore scene was gorgeous for the time.

I know this is the iOS thread, but while we're on the topic: http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq2/about/about.html

They remade 1, 2 & 3, as well as Quest for Glory 2. http://www.himalayastudios.com/games.php

Pray For Death
Dec 28, 2012

pinchet posted:

I know this is the iOS thread, but while we're on the topic: http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq2/about/about.html

They remade 1, 2 & 3, as well as Quest for Glory 2. http://www.himalayastudios.com/games.php

wow thanks for this link! Nostalgia overload

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The QFG2 remake is excellent. I never could get in to the original's layout and typing but the remake is great, especially the combat system.

durty
Jan 28, 2009
Ugh. Spent the last week or so grinding to buy a booster pack in injustice: gods among us.
Purchased the booster pack and as it started showing me the cards I unlocked the app crashed and when I reopened it I had lost the credits but gained no new cards.

Can't bring myself to grind it anymore

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Pleatherface posted:

Would anyone interested in being my egg trading partner for the Whacking Day event in Simpsons Tapped Out? Basically go tit for tat with eggs and get those "sweet" new buildings as quickly as possible.

If no one else has taken you up on this already, I'll swap with you.

I'm in as ThePseudodragon

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

durty posted:

Ugh. Spent the last week or so grinding to buy a booster pack in injustice: gods among us.
Purchased the booster pack and as it started showing me the cards I unlocked the app crashed and when I reopened it I had lost the credits but gained no new cards.

Can't bring myself to grind it anymore

Check private games for a ID with everything unlocked for the console use.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
To the Arranger playing folks, I'm stuck where you need to fix the statue and set up the reflectors (two separate puzzles). Can anyone help?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Kaizoku posted:

To the Arranger playing folks, I'm stuck where you need to fix the statue and set up the reflectors (two separate puzzles). Can anyone help?

For the reflectors, you have to actually exit the puzzle to get the thing to fire (in case you didn't realize). Other than that it's just a matter of trial and error. You have to get the thing to bounce off all of the reflectors, and then land on the X. When fixing the statue, remember that you can rotate, and mirror the pieces. If you have it in the right area it will sort of snap into position.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Flame112 posted:

For the reflectors, you have to actually exit the puzzle to get the thing to fire (in case you didn't realize). Other than that it's just a matter of trial and error. You have to get the thing to bounce off all of the reflectors, and then land on the X. When fixing the statue, remember that you can rotate, and mirror the pieces. If you have it in the right area it will sort of snap into position.

The problem I'm having with the statue is I end with a full puzzle and an extra piece?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Kaizoku posted:

The problem I'm having with the statue is I end with a full puzzle and an extra piece?

The little pink piece in the bottom left isn't actually a piece. I think it's a guide for putting down a piece or something I have no idea.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Flame112 posted:

The little pink piece in the bottom left isn't actually a piece. I think it's a guide for putting down a piece or something I have no idea.

Counterintuitive, but now I've finished the game... When I do a second run through how do I get the fruit to claim the heart?

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

Kaizoku posted:

Counterintuitive, but now I've finished the game... When I do a second run through how do I get the fruit to claim the heart?

You remember the big happy guy? Poke around on his screen.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I'm also stuck on a part in Arranger: I'm in the professors room and put on his HD glasses to figure out the symbol sequence for the elevator to take me to the basement. By putting the transistors in their right spot I see a kind of :derp:-like character in the hologram and by tapping the spacebar on the computer I get an arrow. I've tried nearly every permutation of 3 symbols with those two included and I can't figure it out.

What gives? Also that entire paragraph pretty much sums up the game if anyone is on the fence.

Kaizoku posted:

The mirror puzzle is a lot of trial and error, but if it helps the mirrors (beyond the first) should all be at nearly 90 degrees. The ball basically goes "\/\/" with very slight angle corrections.

vvvv thanks! I tried doing that before but didn't do it well enough, I guess.

DNK fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 21, 2013

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

DNK posted:

I'm also stuck on a part in Arranger: I'm in the professors room and put on his HD glasses to figure out the symbol sequence for the elevator to take me to the basement. By putting the transistors in their right spot I see a kind of :derp:-like character in the hologram and by tapping the spacebar on the computer I get an arrow. I've tried nearly every permutation of 3 symbols with those two included and I can't figure it out.

What gives? Also that entire paragraph pretty much sums up the game if anyone is on the fence.

pull down the drapes

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I'm liking Junk Jack quite a lot for some reason. Terraria didn't quite do it for me despite having a ton more content, but this hasn't lost my interest yet, possibly because it's cuter and I'm shallow. They're posting bigass updates fairly regularly to content and mechanics so hopefully it will get more indepth. The recipe thing is annoying I admit, but there's a wiki going on.

DNK posted:

The mirror puzzle is a lot of trial and error, but if it helps the mirrors (beyond the first) should all be at nearly 90 degrees. The ball basically goes "\/\/" with very slight angle corrections.

Oh cool thanks, I was stuck on this poo poo as well. I couldn't tell if I was meant to hit the reflectors in order or what, their collision is annoying as hell.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Corridor posted:

I'm liking Junk Jack quite a lot for some reason. Terraria didn't quite do it for me despite having a ton more content, but this hasn't lost my interest yet, possibly because it's cuter and I'm shallow. They're posting bigass updates fairly regularly to content and mechanics so hopefully it will get more indepth. The recipe thing is annoying I admit, but there's a wiki going on.

Oh cool thanks, I was stuck on this poo poo as well. I couldn't tell if I was meant to hit the reflectors in order or what, their collision is annoying as hell.

I wish it had water like blockheads does and wish there wasn't so small a vertical tile limit (from the surface, at least) but otherwise absolutely love it.
That said, I also wish the inventory was unlimited because that poo poo gets filled so damned fast.

Learn to love storage chests.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Does anyone have advice for Real Racing 3? A friend has been smack talking to get me to download it to play him and so I must crush him.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Sad lions posted:

I wish it had water like blockheads does and wish there wasn't so small a vertical tile limit (from the surface, at least) but otherwise absolutely love it.
That said, I also wish the inventory was unlimited because that poo poo gets filled so damned fast.

Learn to love storage chests.

Fuuuuuuck

I was rearranging my house and building a special room for all my drat chests. When you pick up a chest it vomits up everything inside it, so I just left all my stuff on the floor (like 8 chests' worth) and went to the chest room and spent a while putting it in order. Then I went back to pick up and transport all my goods.

Apparently items have a timer, and vanish when left in the world for more than a few minutes.

:suicide:

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
Has anyone had a chance to check out Idol Words yet? It's our first game to be featured by Apple in the New & Noteworthy section and so it's been a pretty interesting time for us since Thursday.

I know there are already a bunch of Boggle style games on the app store but the feedback from our players so far has been pretty awesome.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idol-words/id592731828?mt=8

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Corridor posted:

Speaking of Minecraft thingies, I've been enjoying The Blockheads best out of the bunch. It nicely balances a sidescrolling, aesthetically-similar version of Minecraft with light Sims-ish aspect keeping character fed, sheltered, and happy. I would expect that combination to be pain the rear end, with my whiny little block dude constantly nagging at me and keeping from doing what I actually want to be doing, but the balance between the two aspects feels good.

edit: Oops, I left this reply sitting unposted for a couple hours, and in the meantime Blockheads comes up and now I feel like grandpa just discovered Tetris up in here.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 21, 2013

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

pseudodragon posted:

If no one else has taken you up on this already, I'll swap with you.

I'm in as ThePseudodragon

Cool man. Looks like you are my new snake buddy. Added as Killek

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Downloading Idol Words right now. You'll feel the fire of my wrath if it sucks, Monster.

The fire.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VideoGameVet posted:

We have a iPad version of our Poker game "PlayScreen Poker 2 HD." In addition to the online play, there's a practice game that even works with no connection and does not consume chips. We also give players many ways to get free chips, so you don't have to spend $$$ to play.

The Zynga HD Poker app is good too. It's pretty, it doesn't look like a Windows 95 game like most card games do. It's easy to win free chips ingame, but when that fails, buying additional chips is fairly cheap too. $0.99 gets you 270,000 chips which you can play for a good chunk of time with if you're playing low-stakes games. Every time I've logged on, there's been 200,000+ players online, so never more than a few minutes of waiting to get a table filled.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
gently caress Zynga, really. Everything they make is poo poo.

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy

FlashBangBob posted:

gently caress Zynga, really. Everything they make is poo poo.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they had someone else invent the rules to poker.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Is there a good ripoff of chips challenge (what i mean is square tiled top down game where obstacles have consitent rules and form puzzles from their interactions, no combat) for the ipad?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Looking for a iphone game recommendation.

I recall finding a thread somewhere in games discussing a MMO type game, with a fantasy setting, where the player has a list of moves that take a set amount of time, and in combat they can shuffle these timed moves.

I can't remember the name. Anyone got an idea?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Apocron posted:

Does anyone have advice for Real Racing 3? A friend has been smack talking to get me to download it to play him and so I must crush him.
The real question is whether you like waiting for your car to be repaired (or pay $ to do it instantly) and bare with all the microtransactions:

The $503 iOS Racing Game: The Expensive Reality of the IAP Economics in Real Racing 3

Palpek fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Apr 22, 2013

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Is there a good ripoff of chips challenge (what i mean is square tiled top down game where obstacles have consitent rules and form puzzles from their interactions, no combat) for the ipad?
Well, there's Chuck's Challenge, which is a ripoff in that he's the guy who made Chip's Challenge in the first place. Free to play with IAP to remove ads and add level packs, and there's user-generated levels now apparently. It was buggy when I tried it a long time ago, but there's been a bunch of updates since then it seems.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hey Shalinor, that Arranger game is deliciously bonkers. Thanks for the tip. Also, gently caress saxophones, I knew it would be trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

bradzilla posted:

The Zynga HD Poker app is good too. It's pretty, it doesn't look like a Windows 95 game like most card games do. It's easy to win free chips ingame, but when that fails, buying additional chips is fairly cheap too. $0.99 gets you 270,000 chips which you can play for a good chunk of time with if you're playing low-stakes games. Every time I've logged on, there's been 200,000+ players online, so never more than a few minutes of waiting to get a table filled.

The worst part of Zynga Poker is that you just get idiots who constantly go all in, even when they have poo poo cards. It's horrible playing tournament matches, half of the players go all in on the 1st round and completely stack the flow of the game to one person for no reason.

• Locked thread