Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Not incisive comics that flame Something Awful! Anything but that! Don't you know how devastating his comics can be to his aggressors?
This just shows how good his comic was, even when he was just making fun of people. I just want him to go back to making sweet gold like this:

im hump in the
gently caress and i hoe
when you know to
the dildo, slickidy
hoha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ClownSyndrome posted:

The avatars of lucky goons will appear in the comic as fat trolls ready to be murdered

Including those who have TGT avatars

This really, really, makes me wish I posted in this thread more often.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

JazzFlight posted:

This just shows how good his comic was, even when he was just making fun of people. I just want him to go back to making sweet gold like this:

im hump in the
gently caress and i hoe
when you know to
the dildo, slickidy
hoha

Yeah. His comedy trolls were unique and hillarious. Too bad his troll comedy got repetititititive and boring.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

im hump in the
gently caress and i hoe
when you know to
the dildo, slickidy
hoha

I totally forgot about that Tintin lookin' guy. slickidy hoha

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

im hump in the
gently caress and i hoe
when you know to
the dildo, slickidy
hoha

Yeah, it's legitimately depressing how funny his older stuff is. Remember the Silver story arc? That was the high point of the comic for me. And now this.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah, it's legitimately depressing how funny his older stuff is. Remember the Silver story arc? That was the high point of the comic for me. And now this.

It's when we learned that Rob didn't just have no ears, but was a Dragonborn. So yeah, it was pretty great.

Also Silver leaping through a window with the shards exploding inward instead of outward.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Phlegmish posted:

We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.

So now, less than a year later, you can go up on a steep hill in the jungle and look west, to that spot where Knuckles smoked weed with the trolls, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I wouldn't even mind that the anime fights take so long, it's just his attitude about all of it's been bad.

I mean, has this Rob vs. Hindo fight really been that awful if it gave us a dude puking electric spiders? It's all just soured by him cracking.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It's when we learned that Rob didn't just have no ears, but was a Dragonborn. So yeah, it was pretty great.

Also Silver leaping through a window with the shards exploding inward instead of outward.

That wasn't glass. Silver just has really dry skin.

//EDIT//
Gif Party! :toot:

scarycave fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 18, 2013

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SaltLick posted:

New plan. LB should just make comics that flame his "haters." I had forgotten how funny it is when he lashes out at someone specifically.

So Lazerbot has evolved into Gonterman.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

scarycave posted:

//EDIT//
Gif Party! :toot:

That's it. The thread is saved again. Every one of those is amazing. I wish I could share the things in this thread with friends, but nobody would understand why they're funny.

To be honest, Demaro's scorpion spider demon lord thing probably would be a good dancer with maracas, considering all those extra limbs and flexibility.

Look what this comic has done to my mindset. :ohdear:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Is it weird to say I liked Hitler Gets Jewed more than the past couple pages of TGT?

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

I don't think anything is weird to say at this point.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
I really hope Lazerbot can chill his pill, and try to work things out with Something Awful. This thread was one of his biggest and most fervent fanbases, and is still filled with people who love the comic. It makes me really sad to see there's been this falling out, when we used to be so close. I hope we can one day work this out, or at least, eventually see some new comics again.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice
meanwhile

(imgur album http://imgur.com/a/7x9ze )

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
she's a shtunk that shtups killed me

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

stalin, no !

villians is not
the answer

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

HGT really is the best.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

The 'Giefster!! :ussr:

So happy HGJ is back.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Found this in the Awkward/Ugly thread:

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011
Rob, your hair doesn't look so amazing!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I don't know what the gently caress I was thinking.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

scarycave posted:

Like that execution scene in that other bad sonic fan-comic.

Do tell!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

In Sonichu, the author killed five IRL trolls in his comic in gruesome ways.
Their crimes ranged from drawing parody characters, to asking a character to be removed that the author made as a gender-flipped fan character - which was presented as the original creator murdering said character in comic via voltorb, by hiding it behind a toilet the character was using.

The deaths ranged from firing squad, electrocution, and penis excavation. This was all done by the "heroes" of the comic.

It's pretty much what TGT was doing to the trolls but they weren't based on IRL people - and it wasn't being played as a "the good guys are just as bad as the trolls" like in TGT.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
CWC trolls are probably the worst human beings, though.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Call Now posted:

CWC trolls are probably the worst human beings, though.

Still, murdering them in your comic doesn't help things. At least TGT balances out the trolls by giving them super-powers and a personality that makes them somewhat sympathetic when they get horribly murdered (RIP Under-Bite Troll :911:).

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

As far as I'm concerned, this comic hasn't even begun until Waluigi makes an appearance.

Although it's kinda hard to tell if LB's given up on it entirely, or if he's going to come back in a few months and continue like nothing happened.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm still looking forward to that comic he's been talking about where he really really REALLY gets us good this time, guys. Really, his rage and our non-reactions to it are the funniest things this has produced in a long time to me.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Vargo posted:

I'm still looking forward to that comic he's been talking about where he really really REALLY gets us good this time, guys. Really, his rage and our non-reactions to it are the funniest things this has produced in a long time to me.

He will be happy to use 1000 words telling you how not mad he is.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jakse posted:

He will be happy to use 1000 words telling you how not mad he is.

And half those words will be about how we need tampons and our vaginas are so big. (I thought he said he liked the pussy?)

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ha ha, Chris-chan. Hoo boy, that's a deep, dark, bottomless pit in every way.

A big part of why I appreciated Lazerbot was basically that he was the opposite of the Chris-chan situation. He's a weird guy but he seemed more dedicated to just telling his story. Now it's getting a little too close to Sonichu for comfort as it gets more and more involved with his relationship with the readers.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 21, 2013

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I know it's a reference to the "greedy Jew" stereotype, but making dead bodies drop gems is so appropriate for a video-game-inspired world.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Uh, guys, I know this is an "Internet comedy forum" and all, but I've gotta speak up that I've been a bit uncomfortable with the Hitler Gets Jewed stuff, seeing as it likens Jews to Internet trolls who are violently killed. By actively doing that, doesn't it sorta make us worse than LazyB who is just violently ignorant-homophobic?

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Uh, guys, I know this is an "Internet comedy forum" and all, but I've gotta speak up that I've been a bit uncomfortable with the Hitler Gets Jewed stuff, seeing as it likens Jews to Internet trolls who are violently killed. By actively doing that, doesn't it sorta make us worse than LazyB who is just violently ignorant-homophobic?

No. Move along.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Col. Justice posted:

No. Move along.

I think it's kind of lovely to be so rude to a dude that put in some work to keep the TGT website going, it's not like he's just complaining without contributing. I personally get why HGJ is funny and wouldn't bother getting upset about it myself, but I could understand why someone could be uncomfortable with it. I thought this thread would have closed a while ago.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Jesus christ thank you.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no. it's a joke. WHOEVER is making HGJ ( I am not looking up) is not an actual anti-semite. lazerbot had actual tacky views about gay people. also, it's okay to make fun of those "on top of the food chain," and jews are secretly controlling all of the banks.

Also HGJ got started due to a comment that said "I would read a comic if Hitler wrote it." So you have to take into context that the entire thing is being written from Hitler's point of view!!!!!!!

GulagDolls fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 22, 2013

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Uh guys I know this is an "internet comedy forum" but what is a joke? What is satire? I have just been born and am new to this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Yeah, I agree. It was funny for the first page or two (as a reaction to the "I would read a comic if Hitler wrote it." post), but replacing trolls with Jews in the "violently gets murdered" scenes is going too far.

Trainmonk posted:

Uh guys I know this is an "internet comedy forum" but what is a joke? What is satire? I have just been born and am new to this world.

It's okay, baby, you'll make a joke one day.