Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

edrith posted:

holy poo poo Heidevolk is awesome live

They're pretty good, but as a Dutch person, I just cannot listen to Dutch lyrics. I just cannot stand them, no idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Easy Mac posted:

So the title song for Megadeth's new album is out...and all I can see is goodnight Dave, you're done.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/22/the-title-track-from-megadeths-super-collider-is-loving-garbage/

Wow. This is terrible.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Easy Mac posted:

So the title song for Megadeth's new album is out...and all I can see is goodnight Dave, you're done.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/22/the-title-track-from-megadeths-super-collider-is-loving-garbage/

This is unbelievably terrible. It's going for something really lame and it somehow fails to even live up to that.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It's even more hilarious in the context of this interview, where Dave explains the meaning of the song and the title.

Dave Mustaine posted:

"I was up in Santa Barbara, and USA Today, as a newspaper, I started reading a long time ago because it had Sudoku in it. And there was a story in there about how they finally had identified the mass that goes around the molecules and stuff; it's called the Higgs Boson and we had done that with the Super Collider. And I thought, 'Wow, that's a really cool story.' Actually, the stuff's called the 'God particle.' And I thought, knowing how closed-minded people are with my faith and thinking that that's gonna change who I am as a person - which it did - and that that would also correlate into changing my guitar playing, which it didn't, I didn't wanna have a song called 'God Particle', because every village has its idiots, and unfortunately for me, a bunch of them follow me on the Internet."

"So we opted to call it 'Super Collider'. And this first song is kind of, like, a song about no matter how bad things get, come with me, we'll take the high road and we'll hang out and have a great time and we'll stick together until the end of the world, so to speak, when the world explodes like a Super Collider. Because the whole theory of the super collider is atoms swirling into one another at millions of miles an hour, I guess. I love the concept, I love the artwork that we have for this record - it's the Hadron Collider, and that is a remarkable machine."

The frontman then went on to say that although he can't see a way the Super Collider can affect lowering gas prices or "stop the dumbing down of America," he finds the machine itself fascinating, stressing that science can only reach him to a certain point.

"Science is really interesting. I mean, I don't believe in evolution, I believe in creation, so science only goes so far with me, but I really dig looking at that whole way that's set up with the tubing and the piping and the reactors and all the stuff that goes along with it. You have to see it for yourself."

:allears:

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 22, 2013

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

It's even more hilarious in the context of this interview, where Dave explains the meaning of the song and the title.

:allears:

I love the last part. "I only believe the parts of science I like. Like all the cool tubes."

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The Theory of Evolution is the devil's work, but Jesus is totally down with neat-looking tubes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 22, 2016

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Oh, Dave. You were less crazy as a cokehead. Somehow.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Just wanted to pop in here and mention that I went into Radioshack a few days ago to see if they had any compatible adapters for a Line 6 POD...I was helped by a very nice young gentlemen with lambchop sideburns and fist tats that said KILL, we had about a minute of conversation before he asked if I had heard of the band Ghost. lol.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Megadeth sucks.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
dave please do heroin again :(

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Just wanted to pop in here and mention that I went into Radioshack a few days ago to see if they had any compatible adapters for a Line 6 POD...I was helped by a very nice young gentlemen with lambchop sideburns and fist tats that said KILL, we had about a minute of conversation before he asked if I had heard of the band Ghost. lol.

Did you ask him if he had stairs in his house?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a mirror for the Megadeth song?

edit: direct link https://soundcloud.com/koraytastan/megadeth-super-collider

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 22, 2013

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nuncle jimbo posted:

dave please do crack/heroin/pcp/jenkem again :(

e: As someone in the comments of the metalsucks post pointed out, it's a Bon Jovi song. And not one of the ones from the 80s people actually remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQyVUTcpM4

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 22, 2013

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Some goons posted:

Mortillery

:aaa: I need more of this, perfect music for listening to in the car this time of year.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 22, 2016

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I never thought I'd say this but this song could really use Lou Reed mumbling over the top of it.

Falls Motel
May 2, 2009
New Svart Crown is streaming here: http://www.vs-webzine.com/InfoVS-Streaming+SVART+CROWNVS+webzine+et+Listenable+recrods+sont+heu-62344.html

I'm half way through it, it's good. Super heavy.

e: that Megadeth track is really embarrassing.

Falls Motel fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 23, 2013

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Megadeth sucks.

This has always been true.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

PrimusMegadeth sucks.

nuncle jimbo posted:

dave please do heroin again :(

He's gettin' high on a higher power now.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anciients is loving great, you should all listen to Anciients.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hE3jWIaPAw

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

KingKapalone posted:

Is there a mirror for the Megadeth song?

edit: direct link https://soundcloud.com/koraytastan/megadeth-super-collider

Megadeth have always been offensively bad but this is actually measurably worse than their usual crap.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
On the subject of Big Four alumni that are past their prime, I'm seeing Metallica on the weekend. I've been brushing up on their discography to remind myself of their back catalogue and there is some really solid stuff there. Is their live show still a "greatest hits" repertoire? I'd be really bummed if it was mostly Death Magnetic stuff since I haven't even bothered with that album since it was released.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Even if they played their greatest hits, they're still, as you said, past their prime. Half-remembered anecdotal evidence suggests their live shows have gotten really sad and terrible.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Hope you like watching Lars stand up while playing the final cymbal swell, every single song, and then look around at the crowd like he thinks he's a loving magician

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
Say what you want about the quality of the new Megadeth track, but that's a really sweet album cover.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Trees and Squids posted:

Anciients is currently filling my void that Opeth left to become a Jethro Tull cover band.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia posted:

On the subject of Big Four alumni that are past their prime, I'm seeing Metallica on the weekend. I've been brushing up on their discography to remind myself of their back catalogue and there is some really solid stuff there. Is their live show still a "greatest hits" repertoire? I'd be really bummed if it was mostly Death Magnetic stuff since I haven't even bothered with that album since it was released.

The haters need to shut up.

They are NOWHERE near as good as their Live poo poo show. That needs to be established.

However, they still put on a loving fantastic show live. When I saw them, we only got 1 Death Magnetic song. They dig into the first 4 for most of it, but then occasionally into the Black album.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Trees and Squids posted:

Never heard of these guys, but this is loving awesome. As is that Svart Crown album.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Extol is back, motherfuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9LrIPAiGxo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Can they go gently caress off again because they're terrible

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I see that I have apparently missed absolutely nothing by completely ignoring Extol's existence.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Anciients is currently filling my void that Opeth left to become a Jethro Tull cover band.

Haven't heard of them before, just listened to half the song in one year (I'm at work) and there definitely was a bit of an Opeth sound for sure... I'll have to check them out when I get home.

Only two albums? :( Hmm, it says they're actually playing at The Palladium in Worcester MA this weekend.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 24, 2013

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Sab669 posted:

Haven't heard of them before, just listened to half the song in one year (I'm at work) and there definitely was a bit of an Opeth sound for sure... I'll have to check them out when I get home.

Only two albums? :( Hmm, it says they're actually playing at The Palladium in Worcester MA this weekend.

they better not be opening for the Death show saturday night...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Wait, gently caress that's this Saturday? gently caress

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
If anyone is going to Death to All at The Fillmore on Friday, they should come say hi to me (and het).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Morbid Florist posted:

they better not be opening for the Death show saturday night...

muike posted:

Wait, gently caress that's this Saturday? gently caress

http://anciientriffs.bandcamp.com/ Right-hand side it says:
Apr 27
Palladium
Worcester, MA

Then that Death show is the only one listed on the Palladium's page, so I'd assume they must be, even though they're not listed in the "Special Guests" section.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

The riffs make me think more Mastodon than Opeth really, but I guess I can sort of see it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
You know what rules?

It's this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZSRXtK4CA

This rules. And also has the most manly name for a metal band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

het posted:

The riffs make me think more Mastodon than Opeth really, but I guess I can sort of see it.

After listening to this for more than a week now, I even get a Queens of the Stone Age vibe now. I agree with the Mastodon riffs though. Never the less, it's an enjoyable listen still yet. There has only been maybe 6 or 7 albums that I've wanted to repeatedly listen to after only their first spin.