Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

too big. things that can accidentally kill you probably shouldn't be pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
have you never tripped on a cat lol they literally try to break my neck five to eight times a day

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'v never had a pet cat

i'm allergic :(

The Store
May 2, 2009

duTrieux. posted:

i'v never had a pet cat

solution: hypoallergenic cat

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

beatlegs posted:

cats are great

I've heard cows are great if you get to know them

Two great tastes that taste great together

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

i'v never had a pet cat

so am i

i have 2

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

duTrieux. posted:

i'v never had a pet cat

zyrtec is a wonderful thing that lets me have this wonderful lil guy around

doesn't get me tired either. i take it at night just in case though

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 396 days!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tuxedo cats + cat ties =

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

duTrieux. posted:

i'v never had a pet cat

solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Ha0D-iuVk

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

thats not a catte thats a goblin

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

MikeJF posted:

Tuxedo cats + cat ties =

Wish this was one of mine!

Tara is awesome. Willow is awesome. Pepper is awesome. Cow is awesome. Orange floof Cat is awesome.

basically I like all these cats.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Saint Darwin posted:

thats not a catte thats a goblin

potayto, potahto

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

beatlegs posted:

thanks for the cow tip

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

sphynxes actually aren't hypoallergenic at all because the thing you're allergic to is cat spit, not cat hair :eng101:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
sphinx cats still have dander though and you do have to bathe them

unrelated:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

i'v never had a pet cat

lol owned

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Eggplant Wizard posted:

sphinx cats still have dander though and you do have to bathe them

unrelated:

what confuses me about having a sphinx cat is how to name it anything other than gollum

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

give that cat some more bath toys

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
Russian Blue and Siberians are known to have less Fel d1 that agitates allergies.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O78m-WqgS9g

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

how-everyone-knows-i-own-a-cat-without-asking.jpg

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 396 days!

omg

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

beatlegs posted:

cats are great

dogs are great

I have heard this. Not do sure about goats though. Horses are pretty awesome though.

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club

Shifty Pony posted:

how-everyone-knows-i-own-a-cat-without-asking.jpg

That's why I try to hand my clothes as quickly as possible. Mine you, 24 years of living with cats and I still haven't learn. Nor has my mother.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

duTrieux. posted:

i'v never had a pet cat

same, that's why I come here and why everyone should post more cat pics

while I'm here, have my favourite refurb picture

and gizmo

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

when you have enough cats eventually it gets to the point where your clothes come out of the washing machine still with cat hair on them/woven into their very fabric

wednesday night catface status:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

DrNewton posted:

That's why I try to hand my clothes as quickly as possible. Mine you, 24 years of living with cats and I still haven't learn. Nor has my mother.

i tried to do that and got some done before she figured out that clothes folding was going on. she was grumpy about it.

also cows are just dumb lumps of muscle and goats are assholes just because they can get away with it.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 25, 2013

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Base Emitter posted:

what confuses me about having a sphinx cat is how to name it anything other than gollum

well there are obvious alternatives

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

This is Stripes. He is 15 years old. Yes. 15. He is old. Believe it or not, the vet thought he was 8. This cat is going to live well into his 20's.

So, what's his secret to staying young you ask? Well, an healthy diet. Active lifestyle. Oh a boy toy.

This is Henry. 5 years ago Stripes came home with this cat. Henry was a shy, timid, and skinny as hell. He ran in, ate as much food as he could than ran out. Stripes didn't mind. He was the one who invited him over. Believe me, Stripes invited him. Many cats try to entre our house/fire escape, Stripes has beaten the poo poo out of them all. Anyway. It turns out Henry was our neighbours cat. Our neighbour is not sane. She would have her AC on full blast year round, she never feed him, she would up and leave for weeks on end, either locking Henry in the cold basement apartment OR outside (summer or winter). Over time Stripes would bring Henry home to stay for the night during those days he was locked out. He slowly grew to trust us and he started to stay as long as possible. Still he was never really our cat, we often stayed outside during the summer due to his fleas. He had some serious trust issues thus he would often attack us when he felt threaten and he didn't gain weight. He was polite and made sure to say thank you. He really was grateful for sleeping over or to have a meal. Yet, like I said, he never was truly our cat. We sort became foster parents, we loved him but he wasn't ours. One day our neighbour just disappeared. "Moved" so the rumors were. So my mother and I took him in for good. We had no choice, Stripes was in love with him. Henry no longer attacks us, is vocal, listens when we call him, gain weight, a little pushy, will take over half of your bed space but most importantly, he keeps Stripes young.

Yes. He is an interesting cat indeed.

Fixed! Go me! Thanks for the help!

DrNewton fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 25, 2013

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
timg so we can see them plx

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Radio! posted:

when you have enough cats eventually it gets to the point where your clothes come out of the washing machine still with cat hair on them/woven into their very fabric

I was buying black pants the other day for a job. I was barely at the cash and already I somehow got cat hair on it.

Saint Darwin posted:

timg so we can see them plx

What timg?

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

DrNewton posted:

This is Stripes. He is 15 years old. Yes. 15. He is old. Believe it or not, the vet thought he was 8. This cat is going to live well into his 20's.

So, what's his secret to staying young you ask? Well, an healthy diet. Active lifestyle. Oh a boy toy.

This is Henry. 5 years ago Stripes came home with this cat. Henry was a shy, timid, and skinny as hell. He ran in, ate as much food as he could than ran out. Stripes didn't mind. He was the one who invited him over. Believe me, Stripes invited him. Many cats try to entre our house/fire escape, Stripes has beaten the poo poo out of them all. Anyway. It turns out Henry was our neighbours cat. Our neighbour is not sane. She would have her AC on full blast year round, she never feed him, she would up and leave for weeks on end, either locking Henry in the cold basement apartment OR outside (summer or winter). Over time Stripes would bring Henry home to stay for the night during those days he was locked out. He slowly grew to trust us and he started to stay as long as possible. Still he was never really our cat, we often stayed outside during the summer due to his fleas. He had some serious trust issues thus he would often attack us when he felt threaten and he didn't gain weight. He was polite and made sure to say thank you. He really was grateful for sleeping over or to have a meal. Yet, like I said, he never was truly our cat. We sort became foster parents, we loved him but he wasn't ours. One day our neighbour just disappeared. "Moved" so the rumors were. So my mother and I took him in for good. We had no choice, Stripes was in love with him. Henry no longer attacks us, is vocal, listens when we call him, gain weight, a little pushy, will take over half of your bed space but most importantly, he keeps Stripes young.

Yes. He is an interesting cat indeed.

Also, for some reason the images are large as a cow. Urg, I hate cameras who don't allow small image resolutions. :/

ftfy

if you link from imgur and use the "thumbnail" size option be sure to choose "linked bbcode" or whatever. it's better to just paste the normal size imgur link in and the forums will automatically make it [img] and then you change that to [timg] and tadah all done

personally i like to use the linked middle size imgur ones because sometimes timgs of huge pictures take a long time to load

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Eggplant Wizard posted:

ftfy

if you link from imgur and use the "thumbnail" size option be sure to choose "linked bbcode" or whatever. it's better to just paste the normal size imgur link in and the forums will automatically make it [img] and then you change that to [timg] and tadah all done

personally i like to use the linked middle size imgur ones because sometimes timgs of huge pictures take a long time to load

Let's try this.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

ijustam posted:

nope this one found it

same

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007