Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SilverSupernova posted:

From Marvel Adventures: Super Heroes #5

The best part is that this is actually the major plot point that leads to Dormammu's downfall.

He has a hundred of the earth dollars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lurdiak posted:

He has a hundred of the earth dollars!

And 50 Suicidegirls. Preferably blondes.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Guys, that's Rorkannu, not Dormammu. :colbert:
Can't say I didn't chuckle though.

Source: Young Avengers v2 #4

Recap page.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

graybook posted:

Source: Young Avengers v2 #4

Recap page.

Basically everything about this issue can go in the Funny and Badass threads simultaneously.

See Also: "Come with me if you want to be awesome."

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Basically everything about this issue can go in the Funny and Badass threads simultaneously.

See Also: "Come with me if you want to be awesome."
Way ahead of you.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
How in God's name is a street vending hot dog 4.99? That dude ripped Dormammu off! He's gonna be pissed!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Gavok posted:

Dormammu respects how sinister it is to charge $4.99 for a NYC hotdog.

Do they seriously cost that much?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

Yep. They tend to cost that much in a lot of big cities.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I swear to God, if you're not reading Scarlet Spider right now, I don't know what's wrong with you. This week, Kaine gets dragged, kicking and screaming, to a rodeo by his friends. Then, as if he wasn't already pissed, this happens:

Scarlet Spider #16 seriously why aren't you buying this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ManiacClown posted:

As of Sunday, they are $3.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

WatXM #28

And this would more belong into a fictional "Heartwarming panels"-thread:

FF #6

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

TwoPair posted:

I swear to God, if you're not reading Scarlet Spider right now, I don't know what's wrong with you. This week, Kaine gets dragged, kicking and screaming, to a rodeo by his friends. Then, as if he wasn't already pissed, this happens:

Scarlet Spider #16 seriously why aren't you buying this.

There's also the very beginning of the issue with Kaine completely no-selling all of the "weird" poo poo, including telling his literal inner-demon to shut up while it yells "PREY" in the mirror.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

My faith in Deadpool is slowly being restored, although I'm not sure I dig the fact that there's ANOTHER voice in his head. (Thankfully it's just Deadpool's external voice and the lady, and not 4 different voices)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well, unlike Daniel Way, Posehn knows that Deadpool is better written if he has a solid supporting cast to contrast his shenanigans. Even if they are a sassy black woman ghost, Ben Franklin and a hobo Necromancer.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Janet has created a clothing line that will help fund Alex Summers' new Avengers team. It just so happens that she's also trying to get him in bed -- and the eternal question of "how did you screw to get into power" is answered.

Uncanny Avengers #07

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Decius posted:

FF #6

Glad to see some progressive portrayls of transgenderism in comics.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Glad to see some progressive portrayls of transgenderism in comics.

My favorite part of that page is the phrasing in the first panel. It's procedural, sure, but it's an amazingly descriptive way of putting how that feels into words.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Decius posted:

FF #6

I just spotted the *tunk* in the hug scene and I'm grinning even wider than when I first saw this page.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Found on Flickr

1979 TShirt Advertising Batman Comic August 1979 by SenseiAlan, on Flickr

But Mooom, I want the Aquaman shirt!! :o:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is the best thing I've seen all day, this absolutely rules.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Found on Flickr

1979 TShirt Advertising Batman Comic August 1979 by SenseiAlan, on Flickr

But Mooom, I want the Aquaman shirt!! :o:

That Joker shirt is 100% ballin out of control.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Decius posted:

FF #6

Why do molepeople have traditional western notions of gender?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Terror Sweat posted:

Why do molepeople have traditional western notions of gender?

They are the children of a race of artificially hyper-evolved molepeople who exiled them for their primitive appearances. Duh.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Backstory: Smitty is incredibly lucky and used that luck to find some object for a creature in a magical forest. The creature has brought friends for Smitty to also help out.

Gunnerkrigg Court

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Decius posted:

FF #6

I'm not sure why no one else has said it, but that thread does exist.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hey, that blog I mentioned a while back continues to revisit X-Man to find comic gold.

(X-Man #30)

(X-Man #32)

(X-Man #33)

(X-Man #36)

(X-Man #37)

The best of the 90's, topped up by the true superior Spider-Man punching him in the balls.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo he bled from the nose from a crotch punch. I guess Nate just lost all reproductive capability now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Plutonis posted:

Holy poo poo he bled from the nose from a crotch punch. I guess Nate just lost all reproductive capability now.

That is a good thing since he was dating a clone of his mom.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Plutonis posted:

No, it's true. Spider-Man was all "Y-you want to have children?!-- I CAN'T LET YOU DO IT!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

That is a good thing since he was dating a clone of his mom.
Excuse me, you mean a clone of the female portion of the genes he was cloned from.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That should go with clone!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Plutonis posted:

He bled from the nose a lot because his telekinetic powers were so overpowered that using them was killing him (till they just kinda completely forgot that subplot).... I know entirely too much about X-Man, I really liked that series but holy shiiiiiit looking back was it loving terrible (Sleepwalker still owned though, right? :ohdear:).

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Don't look at me, man. I bought into the Barkerverse line as well as the Midnight Sons set of comics they had going back in the day.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Lars Blitzer posted:

Don't look at me, man. I bought into the Barkerverse line as well as the Midnight Sons set of comics they had going back in the day.

Please tell me you're not knocking Midnight Sons. Sure, Darkhold was kind of poo poo and I never read Nightstalkers, but otherwise it was actually good among a whole sea of '90sed-up crap.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

ManiacClown posted:

Please tell me you're not knocking Midnight Sons. Sure, Darkhold was kind of poo poo and I never read Nightstalkers, but otherwise it was actually good among a whole sea of '90sed-up crap.

Oh yeah, all those great Howard Mackie books.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Marvel really had this crazy dark period of basically Satan themed books in the 90s which I never understood whatsoever. They weren't very good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hollis posted:

Marvel really had this crazy dark period of basically Satan themed books in the 90s which I never understood whatsoever. They weren't very good.

They did that in the 70s too and it ruled.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so frightfully juvenile. The last one was always my favourite:

From Sonic the Comic #132.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Lars Blitzer posted:

I hope you're not dissing on the Razorline comics there. :colbert:

(okay, Hyperkind was pretty dumb.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
Open-Window Man is surprisingly competent.

From Dial H #12.

Fixer is the mysterious entity who changes forms every few panels. In these pages, he's the RADAR headed robot, the cloud of angry balloons, and the robot-cowboy riding on a bullet. He's working with Canadian Mitt Romney, who stutters through time and wears a giant ant head (for various reasons.)

Sales are low, but the first TPB is finally out.

• Locked thread