Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I love the masking tape in the door panel :lol:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I couldn't decide where to put this. I saw this 7 series loaded up with wood out the windows driving home from work yesterday. Sorry for the lovely picture, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

Every day the 80s-present segment doesn't get posted, a DeVille gets it's fins clipped.

Where they end up on something like this, thus completing the circle of life.

(bonus points for the vette bumper lights too)

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I totally forgot. When I was picking up the Niva, as in standing next to the trailer doing something an elderly man in his car drove past slowly with pipes or conduits sticking out the side window. Braver man than I. Those stupid brain-damaged lovely idiotic Melbourne streets are barely capable of fitting a car through without liberal use of K-Y. Gigantor the car trailer was far worse still. Some dipshit bitch saw me coming as she was weaving her way along and stopped in front of me, waiting for me to maybe phase into another universe or something so she could get through. In the end she reversed accompanied by much swearing and hand flailing on her part.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Kolta posted:

From Facebook.

The paint puddle on the ground makes it look like the caliper is actually bleeding :laffo:

E: Just noticed that's a 4x4 Chevy Blazer/S10 front end, any other pics of it?

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 24, 2013

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

Root Bear posted:

The paint puddle on the ground makes it look like the caliper is actually bleeding :laffo:

E: Just noticed that's a 4x4 Chevy Blazer/S10 front end, any other pics of it?

Creeping, I've found this.

E: Don't think it's his though, maybe a friend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wrong thread.

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Wrong thread.

He asked for more. I provided.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Wasabi the J posted:

Wrong thread.

I dont know, those look home made. A couple of the legs of those As look like they could buckle at the next nice bump.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They're all angled differently. :pwn:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Someone needs to put a Miata on some tracks.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I would kill a half dozen ricers for a set of those tracks.

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009
No doubt that the tracks are pretty sick. But they do look a bit sketchy. However the truck is probably used to drive back and forth to a camp. Most definitely the winter beater of beaters in that area.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kastein posted:

I would kill a half dozen ricers for a set of those tracks.

Put them on the M35. Awesome ensues.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CommieGIR posted:

Put them on the M35. Awesome ensues.

:spergin: I have an M54A2, not an M35 :spergin:

That aside, they actually made something like this... it belongs entirely in the other thread though. Hell, technically it has only 2 wheels, so I guess it belongs in CA :haw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_Half-track

The M3 half-track of WWII:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Kolta posted:

Creeping, I've found this.

E: Don't think it's his though, maybe a friend.

Purpose built...much stouter.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I just wanted to add there is nothing wrong with the angles on that first tracked vehicle. It's just an optical illusion because the A frame uprights are sort of crescent shaped I assume for offset reasons.

They seem legit to me, just a lot simpler than the ones on the van. And add me to the group of if metal tracks were available I've always wanted a set.

It'd be a beast in the bush I reckon.

Terrible stuff.
This popped up while I was GISing the first image. It was on gumtree a few months back. Apparently on drive.com.au as well because that's where I copied the image from. I think it was a prop for a movie.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

General_Failure posted:

I just wanted to add there is nothing wrong with the angles on that first tracked vehicle. It's just an optical illusion because the A frame uprights are sort of crescent shaped I assume for offset reasons.

They seem legit to me, just a lot simpler than the ones on the van. And add me to the group of if metal tracks were available I've always wanted a set.

It'd be a beast in the bush I reckon.

http://www.mattracks.com/

Oh, and Kastein?:
http://www.mattracks.com/models/specialty/
Maybe they make a variant to fit your beast. (I like the fact that they apparently have a Terminator movie prop of the model that used the ATV version of their tracks.)

quote:

Terrible stuff.
This popped up while I was GISing the first image. It was on gumtree a few months back. Apparently on drive.com.au as well because that's where I copied the image from. I think it was a prop for a movie.

This is not terrible. If it's actually metal, that's some brilliant forming. Putting some appropriate wheels on it would help a lot. I love it in a retro-futuristic way, and I desperately want to believe that the driver compartment roof can lower to a sliver of a window, or close completely for protection.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The hatch looks like a screaming monkey.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Darchangel posted:

This is not terrible. If it's actually metal, that's some brilliant forming. Putting some appropriate wheels on it would help a lot. I love it in a retro-futuristic way, and I desperately want to believe that the driver compartment roof can lower to a sliver of a window, or close completely for protection.

There's no way any of that outside of maybe the wheels is made of metal. Especially if it's a movie prop.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Oh, and Kastein?:
http://www.mattracks.com/models/specialty/
Maybe they make a variant to fit your beast. (I like the fact that they apparently have a Terminator movie prop of the model that used the ATV version of their tracks.)

All I get is a coming soon page when I follow that link. That being said, my truck uses standard 10 lug Budd wheels (or rather, can) so if they have anything to fit a fullsize bus or regular semi truck, I can use it most likely.

IIRC they cost enough that I'd have to sell my house to buy a set.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

The hatch looks like a screaming monkey.

CANNOT BE UNSEEN.

kastein posted:

All I get is a coming soon page when I follow that link. That being said, my truck uses standard 10 lug Budd wheels (or rather, can) so if they have anything to fit a fullsize bus or regular semi truck, I can use it most likely.

IIRC they cost enough that I'd have to sell my house to buy a set.

Yeah, more the picture of a (future) military vehicle was what I was going for. The link on the front page to that page was "Defense," so one assumes, they have or are aiming for military stuff.

edit: that thing in the picture has a very interesting drive system and steering.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Now this is the way to put tracks on a truck.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/25/track-n-go-treads-dangerously-close-to-awesome/

HAIL LORD ZLATAN
Jan 2, 2011

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

All the other stupidness aside, I could never figure out why that one sat so damned high in the rear. I mean, it's got coil-overs. Adjust those suckers down. The real Pro Mods you're trying to imitate sit drat near on the ground.

I don't know why that one aspect bugs me so much, given everything that's wrong with that Celica.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Darchangel posted:

All the other stupidness aside, I could never figure out why that one sat so damned high in the rear. I mean, it's got coil-overs. Adjust those suckers down. The real Pro Mods you're trying to imitate sit drat near on the ground.

I don't know why that one aspect bugs me so much, given everything that's wrong with that Celica.

Rake, bro.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Thread over.

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:

Boomerjinks posted:

Spent the weekend in New Orleans.

As the owner of a "Real" Impala ('64 2dr), these cars already piss me off being the disgrace they are to the Impala name in stock form, this poo poo just leaves me beyond words...

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Interesting. Looks like it bolts to the axle on the outside and the subframe on the inside.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PainterofCrap posted:

Purpose built...much stouter.

Multiply by ten and you get this:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

Multiply by ten and you get this:

That looks weirdly off balance.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Turbo Herkimer from the Mystery Men sequel I can only watch in my mind. :smith:

Typical truck from a typical job site. I'd seen it a few times, but and it took me forever to notice the pipes in front of the rear wheels.

Boomerjinks fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 25, 2013

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Boomerjinks posted:

Turbo Herkimer from the Mystery Men sequel I can only watch in my mind. :smith:

For a movie that was so thoroughly panned when it came out and lost so much money at the box office (cost $65m, made back $33m), it's amazing how whenever someone posts a picture of an unpainted vaguely van-shaped vehicle there will be a comment referencing Herkimer Battle Jitneys.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Gorilla Salad posted:

For a movie that was so thoroughly panned when it came out and lost so much money at the box office (cost $65m, made back $33m), it's amazing how whenever someone posts a picture of an unpainted vaguely van-shaped vehicle there will be a comment referencing Herkimer Battle Jitneys.

Movie cars can be cool even if the movie is terrible. Most of the 70's stuff like Vanishing Point or the original Gone in 60 Seconds aren't very good movies :ssh:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
good lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgIrDyUEBjY

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

How would something like that even turn? :psyduck:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

GutBomb posted:

good lord

[ helllllla flush ]

Why the hell would nyone actually spend money on such an abomination? Is there some genetic defect that makes people think it looks good?
Also I'm predicting the next phase will be to narrow the track of a vehicle and have some small wheels for propulsion / steering, with a second set of totally perpendicular wheels sticking out the guards. Perhaps friction driven by the real wheels.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

bro your wheel gap is huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light