Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: FP: 1

"On it," Juliana said, breaking into a run as the familiar sound of a stingball grenade detonating rang throughout the port. Rounding the corner she saw the ninja...and sure enough it was a ninja, black pajamas and all. "Honestly, you have got to be kidding me," she thought as she quickly closed the gap on the reeling figure, grabbing one of his arms and yanking it behind his back before slamming him up against the nearest wall. "You know, it's rude to sneak up on people," she said conversationally as she held the ninja in place with effortless strength. "It's also rude to take things that don't belong to you, but I'm guessing you know that already. Your boss, the one with the mustache, is he at the club now?"

Rolling Physique to grapple this guy. Hm, okay, it looks like I read the grappling rules wrong, my bad. First I have to tag an aspect that would let me initiate a grapple, so THE WORLD IS MADE OF LIGHT AND PAIN works for that but I don't get the +2. Then roll Physique:

22:33 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
22:33 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-//+5 = 5
22:33 <Kai_Tave> !respec knuckles

And then Inhuman Strength adds +1 for the purposes of grappling, so my total is 6.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria - FP: 1/2

That wasn't a suspicious reply at all. Like, pretty cool that an AI can simulate lying poorly like that, but at the same time this looks bad for him. Maybe Maria should watch her words from here on out, especially if she needs to ask her bike for advice. She could use her advice about now.

"Right. Amazing coincidence." Maria replies, holding up her prize in front of the AI. There's another piece of evidence she can check out with him, at least. "Can you scan these keys and ID the vehicle, the manufacturer and its registered owner? Cross-check with company and criminal records. Thanks."

Meanwhile, Maria uses her AR glasses to beep a message to Asagiri and Shiro. <Hey, guys. The keys from the footage are definitely for a car, I'm letting the AI track who it belongs to. Question for everyone, what kind of ride would Miami ninjas have?>

Mitama fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 24, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Anna A. 1 FP

Well that was impressively bullshit for an AI. Why would anyone make a servant who would lie to them, a servant you couldn't smack around at that. It must've developed that feature on its own.

"Hey Hiko," she lit yet another cigarette, "when you get updates, you feel anything? Do they put VIs under for this sort of thing?"

She bit back a curse and the urge to pose; of course the Stay Puft Marshmallow Motherfucker would recognize her. "Yep," she said to Dennis, with more rumble than she would have liked, "Anna Asagiri, MGPI at your service."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yatagarasu Facility

Maria/Anna A.

Hikomaro blushes slightly as he scans the keys! Maria gets the impression he's mostly just embarrassed to admit he made an error.

"I get turned off for major updates. It's rather like sleeping. For smaller updates I can go into a standby mode and I get a virtual sedative and some nice music. It's very relaxing."

"But next time will be different! NO MORE will I let the technicians here schedule updates during important projects! And if I must, I will remain awake and lucid like a REAL MAN! I'm changing the rules!"

"You could have done those anyway," Dennis points out.

"Anyway," Hikomaro says loudly, "These look like the keys to a Krieger V-1000. It's a kind of armoured van," he adds after a pause. "One's been parked outside the back fence for a few hours now."

Port of Miami

Chump ninja dodge, then grapple avoiding: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +///+2 = 3 <Krysmbot> Ettin, +//++2 = 4

Juliana pins the staggering ninja, who tries to look at the three people he was spying on. "Uh... hey. ... Yes?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: FP 1

"Ah, good. Cooperative...I like that, it's a refreshing change of pace," Juliana said lightly even as she maintained her hold on the ninja. "We'll go and have a chat with him in a moment, but as long as you're here perhaps you can answer some questions for us." She gave his arm a twist, pulling him up onto his tiptoes in order to keep it from dislocating. "Like how many of your friends will be waiting for us when we go to see him. And how come you're spying on us in the first place...did someone tell you we'd be coming?"

Gonna use my free supplemental grapple action to hit this guy with a maneuver, Feeling Talkative. Then I have to roll grappling again at -1. With Orokos as my witness I get another 6.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Moriyuki Ando FP:2

Muttering about inefficient dispersal patterns and underwhelming aesthetics after the grenade explodes, Moriyuki strolls over to where the wannabe ninja is busy being mancyberwomanhandled.

"Come now Madam Juliana, there's little need for such theatrics at this juncture." He adjusts his glasses and regards the pinned ninja sternly.

"Young man, I wish to speak to your supervisor. I am going to file a complaint about his, mark my words."

A sheaf of paper appears in Ando's hands, and by golly will he use it if he has to.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana FP: 1

"Theatrics?," Juliana said mildly incredulously, ignoring the struggling fruitlessly in her grip as she turned towards Ando. "I'm not the one wearing a Halloween costume in the middle of the bloody afternoon. Plus head-to-toe black in this heat? It must be like an oven in that getup."

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Moriyuki Ando FP: 2

"I wear the required uniform." Moriyuki sniffs indignantly. "I note that Madam Juliana is also... Oh, the ninja, indeed. It does seem impractical. Also perhaps not entirely inconspicuous at three in the afternoon."

He regards the struggling ninja for a moment. "Perhaps we can make some small suggestions for improvement when we make the necessary explosive inquiries at their place of business."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Now we're talking." Maria pulls out a lollipop from her pocket and pulls out the wrapper. Action time calls for cherry flavor. "Okay, I totally forgive you for now, Hikomaro. I'll take a look at the van, can you let my bike in for a while? She'll behave this time, promise."

As she steps out of the facility, Maria sends another message across. <Looks like the answer is an armored van. Heading out the back fence to check it out, wanna meet up Shiro?>

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Storms 3/4

Arlington hangs back in the SUV, looking to see if they've attracted any more attention, driving it closer to Ando and Juliana so they can leave quickly if need be. Besides, he really didn't deal well with prisoners or interrogations.

Keeping an eye out while the others do their thing

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna flipped open her phone and shot back a quick message. <Good. No witnesses.> She sneaked a swig of Dutch courage and finished her message. <Have weird bike hold up VI. Need quality time with PoI>

She took the offered donut; it was stale, but it was solid. She gummed it until she was absolutely sure Maria was long gone, then took a seat on the edge of Dennis' desk. "Hey Denny-kun," she said, as close to pure and innocent as she could get. "Do you wanna be an ally of justice?" She looked at him with eager eyes, hoping he wouldn't notice how bloodshot they were.

Can I use Magical Girl as whatever relevant social-fu stat (Deceit or Presence) here?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:1

"DID I SAY YOU COULD LEAVE?!" Ueru yelled, swinging the blade in an overhand arc that smashed a line of blue fire across the Shining Eye's escape route. If they bothered to look, they might have noticed that the ground was unscorched. Magical theatrics were a lot easier and less likely to actually set the place on fire, after all.

Two little messages popped up on Shiro's AR, and she read them while Ueru grabbed the one chatty ninja by his black pajama collar and picked him up off the ground to hold him at face level.

An evil smile spread over Shiro's face. "You, or someone foolish enough to dress like you, stole something of value from this place last night. I want it back, and you're going to tell me where it is. Or I can slice you open and read the answer in your entrails. HA HA HAH."

<Did that ever really work?> Shiro asked.

<Probably. I used to know a guy.> Ueru said.

[I found the guys who were in that van.] Shiro messaged Maria. [Out back, sending you the coordinates. Trying to shake them down but I may have gone overboard.]

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"...Whoa, whoa, whoa." Maria blurts out loud to the news. Then she pauses to make a message. <They actually came back for it? Do you need help or anything?>

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Port of Miami

Juliana places Feeling Talkative!

"Gah! Er... I dunno, maybe nine or ten? Plus the boss! I was just told to look around the Port to see if anyone was tracking the powered armour, that's all!"

Yatagarasu Facility

Anna A.

You totally can!

Dennis only looks a little suspicious. ".... Yes?"

Shiro

"Okay, okay! It's--"

"dude shut up," another ninja hisses.

"yeah, snake eyes will kill us! use your shuriken!"

(Shiro can wait a round for the others to arrive OR take a compel to start punching ninja now! They will punch back though. Anna can also step out to beat up ninjas and arrive in a round unless she wants to beat up have an encounter with Dennis in the meantime.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP: 1->2

Taking that compel on "Law of Inverse Ninja Strength", because Shiro knows one ninja against a group of ninjas always wins.

---

To Maria: [Yeah I've got them cornered, sort of. Five of them. If you want to ask questions you should get here before they try anything dumb.]

"Snake Eyes, seriously?" Shiro's own voice breaks through Ueru's control. She drops the captured man and takes a step back, shifting into a stance with the blade resting on her forearm. "Show me what you've got then, Wannabe-tanabe." The false-flame fades away, leaving only cold folded steel.

[They're about to try something dumb. I'll try to leave one conscious. Please, hurry. I'd rather not have to kill them.]

--

Shiro is most likely first in this exchange but she's delaying her action for DRAMATIC EFFECT until after the poser-clan. And also so that her friends will get to see her show off when they show up.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: FP: 1

"What, so he just has you out here tailing anyone who happens to be visiting one of the busiest ports in the country?," Juliana asked, looking at the ninja over the top of her sunglasses. "Don't take this the wrong way, but for ninjas you lot seem a bit rubbish at all this. So, nine or ten plus your boss, three of us...those sound like fair odds to me. You've been quite helpful, thank you. Oh, and one more thing," she went on, adjusting her hold on the black-clad figure as she yanked him away from the wall, "I'm assuming that since you're a Miami ninja that you know how to swim."

And with that she reared back and flung him across the lot as hard as she could, shading her eyes with one hand as she watched him plummet towards the water below. "Right, well that's sorted. Come on then, let's double-time it before this leader of theirs manages to give us the slip." Dusting off her hands, she picked her briefcase back up, straightened out her jacket, and began making her way towards the club.

Ending the grapple and rolling Physique to chuck the ninja into the water from here, which I'm assuming is a zone away.

23:24 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
23:24 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, /++-+5 = 6
23:24 <Kai_Tave> loving love Krysmbot
23:25 <mistaya> Well someone needs to get krysmbot's good rolls.
23:25 <mistaya> Davin sure doesnt

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 3/4

"So, we're going clubbing again?" Storms leans out the driver's side window and smiles as he hears the splash. "We wanna bring the rest of the team along or just update them?" He waits for the rest of the team, shifts the vehicle into 1st and starts heading to the destination.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Behold:

quote:

MIAMI NINJAS
ASPECTS
American Ninja 2: The Confrontation
Watch the Shadows Dance
Enter the Ninja

SKILLS
Good (+3): Will
Fair (+2): Alertness, Athletics, Melee, Physique, Ranged

STUNTS
Inverse Ninja Law - Every time a Miami Ninja goes down, any other Miami Ninjas present gain a +1 to one skill.

STRESS
Physical OOO (-2)

Fists – Weapon:1
Shuriken – Weapon:1

The ninjas leap around Shiro in an impressive display of flips and cartwheels and kicks and other things! Eventually they stop trying to confuse her and start kicking and punching.

Suddenly five attacks on Shiro!

<Ettin> !r fudge+2#5
<Krysmbot> Ettin, /-+++2 = 3, -//++2 = 2, +/+/+2 = 4, -/+++2 = 3, +-+-+2 = 2

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ronwayne posted:

"So, we're going clubbing again?" Storms leans out the driver's side window and smiles as he hears the splash. "We wanna bring the rest of the team along or just update them?" He waits for the rest of the team, shifts the vehicle into 1st and starts heading to the destination.

"Looks like," Juliana said, quickly sliding into the passenger seat as Espinoza brought the SUV up alongside her. "I don't think we'll need to interrupt the others in the middle of whatever they're doing, I'm sure they've got their hands full investigating the facility, but I'll let them know what we've found."

She called up Maria's contact information as Espinoza drove, patching through to the other woman's phone. ::Maria? It's Juliana. We're at the port...we've got footage that places the ninjas and the power suit here last night, it looks like they loaded it onto a boat and shipped it elsewhere. We're heading over to a club that the leader apparently bases his operations out of right now to see if we can't find where it's headed. How are things on your end?::

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 3/4

Arlington drives off while talking to her at the same time she's gabbing with the others. She's got a brain computer, so she can multitask, right? <We going in heavy or scouting the place or do you want me in backup while you locate the dudes? Because there's a storage place along the way where I've got some of my uh, heavier stuff>

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:2

Whoosh, Ting, Tingting, Whoosh!
Tingting, Whoosh, Ting, Whoosh, ---Riiip---!

Shiro effortlessly avoids or parries everything that the Shining Eye throw at her until one lucky clawed punch catches the edge of her sleeve and tears through the fabric to graze the skin underneath. She steps back. A thin line of blue light shows through the false skin rather than blood. "Oh-ho! Not so bad after all then. I'll have to treat you like a real threat!"

She jumps, actuator-boosted legs pushing her a good ten feet up into an aerial front-flip. As the blade of the sword comes around and down it starts keening with the force of real magic.

"KAMI NO KEN!" Her voice and Ueru's mingle as the power is released.
(Fist of God!)

WHUMP!!!

A wave of invisible pressure slams down over the Shining Eye, leveling them like bowling pins. The sheer backlash of force twinges through Shiro's arm, wrenching it painfully but she's made that repair so many times she can do it with her eyes closed.

Her feet touch ground just as Maria arrives on scene.

----

Shiro posted:

Physical: (X)(X)()()
Mental: (X)()()() +1 Mild Consequence
Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:

Shiro dodges like a ninja!
[23:51] <mistaya> !r fudge +3
[23:51] <Krysmbot> mistaya, /+// +3 = 4
[23:51] <Kai_Tave> mistaya gets it.
[23:51] <mistaya> clean dodge on all but one
[23:52] <Kai_Tave> THAT ONE DIES FIRST

Shiro fires back! 4 shifts. (Roll should actually be +6, so total is +5)
FORCE evocation, dedicating 2 shifts to zone-wide effect, so attack is 5, weapon:2 Shiro must also dodge her own attack as she is in the same zone.
[23:54] <mistaya> !r fudge +5
[23:54] <Krysmbot> mistaya, /-+- +5 = 4

Ninja 1 dodges!
[23:54] <Ettin> !r fudge+2
[23:54] <Krysmbot> Ettin, //--+2 = 0

Ninja 2-5 dodges!
[00:02] <TurninTrix> !r fudge+2#4
[00:02] <Krysmbot> TurninTrix, +//-+2 = 2, /+/-+2 = 2, -///+2 = 1, /+//+2 = 3
[00:02] <mistaya> krysmbot you're drunk go home

Shiro dodges! (2 stress hit taken)
[00:08] <mistaya> !r fudge +3
[00:08] <Krysmbot> mistaya, //++ +3 = 5
[00:08] <mistaya> oh thank baby jesus
[00:08] <TurninTrix> very kind

With 3 health bubbles and a mild, it takes 6 to KO a Miami ninja.
in which case... ninjas 1 and 4 are KO'd, ninjas 2 and 3 are mild+3rd, and ninja 5 is the lucky one at mild and a 2nd.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 25, 2013

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria steps out of the building and looks towards the facility's main entrance. She spots her bike in the distance, roaring a mighty sixty miles per hour to her location. The lasers don't come out and try to zap it this time, probably means Hikomaro's cool with it this time. Good. Her phone rings that moment, displaying Juliana's name. She patches that to her AR gear.

"Oh hey. Really? Mmmhhm..." Maria lets the voice on the other side keep going, as she watches the bike come right at her. She times the right moment, spins around and hops at the seat as it passes by. She takes full control of the cycle and kicks it to the limit. "Sorry about that. Yeah, we're doing fine. Asagiri's about to grill our suspect hard, I found the keys the ninjas dropped... and I think Shiro found some ninjas trying to get it back. I'm gonna help her out, no need to wait up for us."

Maria races fast to the back of the manufactory, though she doesn't need to look hard for Shiro. The ninja pretty much announces her presence in the air with a convenient flying jump magic... technique. She doesn't watch enough ninja films to know what that's supposed to be, but sure looks awesome from here. Her bike disagrees.

"So I'm about to jump off a ramp, I'll call you back later. Good luck with the club!" Maria twists the handle harder and somehow coaxes even more speed out the bike. "Hey, you wanna go show up that sword? Then let's kick it!"

At the back of the factory, amidst all the discarded Hakurei projects marked for disposal, awaits a sweet ramp that leads over the fence. With a roar of a mighty Eldritch-possessed engine, Maria and her bike clears the ramp so bad, goes airborne for a few moments...

...And lands right on top of a ninja's face. Maria lets the front wheel grind his face a bit before she flips the bike backward (hitting him again with the back wheel) and lands flat on the ground. She finishes up her lollipop and throws the stick on the fallen ninja's head.

"Sorry, uh, I'll try to leave one of them conscious too."

(4:25:03 PM) TurninTrix: !r fudge+4
(4:25:04 PM) Krysmbot: TurninTrix, -+//+4 = 4

(4:28:36 PM) Ettin: !r fudge+2
(4:28:37 PM) Krysmbot: Ettin, /-+-+2 = 1

Yeah, Ninja 2 is out.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Juliana glanced at the AR display as Maria ended the call. What was that about a ramp? "Huh," she said out loud for the benefit of the other passengers. "Well it sounds like they're having company of their own. Miami ninjas certainly do get around if nothing else. Maria says they've got a suspect for the inside job that they're following up on and to go ahead without them for now...it sounds like they've got things well in hand on their end."

Ronwayne posted:

Arlington drives off while talking to her at the same time she's gabbing with the others. She's got a brain computer, so she can multitask, right? <We going in heavy or scouting the place or do you want me in backup while you locate the dudes? Because there's a storage place along the way where I've got some of my uh, heavier stuff>

"Oh come on," she said with a chuckle, "you saw the one back there. If that's the best Miami has to offer ninja-wise I hardly think we need to break out the big guns for this...unless there's something in particular you had in mind? Otherwise I'm inclined to simply walk through the front door. Who knows? Now that their part in this is done they might not mind simply telling us where they had it sent. Well," she went on at the look Espinoza gave her, "it's possible anyway. And if not, you know how persuasive I can be," she said with a grin.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 2/4

"...well, its mostly I'm somewhat bothered by the idea of a Miami nightclub NOT burning to the ground. When you step through the door and see the people inside, you'll know what I mean."

A bit later, after a short and confrontational drive through Miami traffic, Storms pulls up a little ways from the club.

"I'll join you shortly, I'm just gonna do something about the sec. feed inside and out so we don't have to worry about Metro riding our rear end." Storms steps out into the street, noting with annoyance its begun to rain again, and moves in on a city utility service box, cracking it open with his multitool. "God bless lovely Floridian infrastructure."

A few fried and soldered circuits later, Storms messages Juliana <Okay, should the proverbial poo poo go down, we shouldn't have outside problems for awhile.>

Placing Compromised Security on the club
!r fudge+3
<Krysmbot> _, -//-+3 = 1
<Ranbar_> ahaha
tagging an aspect
shoulda gone with grenades!
FP to Tag I Love Brainy Women for +2

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 13, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

::Copy that,:: Juliana subvocalized back as she stepped out of the SUV, paying no mind to the rain as she waited for Espinoza to catch back up with the rest of them. "Right then, shall we?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 2/4

"Hold on. Place probably won't let me in dressed like this." Storms gestures to his black tee, cargo pants, and boots. "One sec" he opens the trunk, pulls something out of a gym bag, puts it on and begins buttoning it up. He adjusts his ball cap and nods. "Right, lets do this."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yatagarasu Facility

I'll give the two remaining ninjas the consequence American Ninja 4: The Annihilation. Since three of them were taken out, they'll take +2 Melee and +1 Athletics from Inverse Ninja Law.

And now to wait and see if Anna wants to help or interrogate Dennis!

Ettin fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 25, 2013

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Moriyuki Ando FP: 2

It's a while before anyone notices that Moriyuki is no longer there. The silence in the backseat, under the horrendous hair metal, is about the same as the silence if he were actually there. Instead, when the SUV pulls up at the club the only thing in the backseat is a shiny chrome ExoCute prototype autocannon. It looks like six barrels having an argument before they decided to point in the same direction. It has a small post-it attached.

"This should meet Sir's requirements much more adequately."

In what is probably an entirely unrelated occurrence, Jimmy The Fist turns up at the club's dock in a small trawler with a delivery of a suspiciously man-sized carton. The mooks receiving it don't recall there being a delivery today, but the invoice totally checks out:

quote:

1x Misc. Paperwork
1x Spare Automotive Parts BACKORDERED
1x Bulk Cannon Fodder BACKORDERED

The other two are coming in a later shipment, apparently.

____
On a phone, so can't ask if this is okay or roll Bureaucracy in IRC, so I'll edit that in later. Also compelling Lord of War to disappear, if that's cool.

Destrado fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Apr 26, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

It seems funnier to have Anna miss the chance to kill some ninjas. Actually, I'm going to self-compel the "act like a magical girl" part of In My Zone specifically not to go kill ninjas this scene.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms, 2/4

Storms is about to slam the trunk when he notices the...THING in the back seat of his vehicle.

"Welp"

"Ah, Juliana, how about you take front, find the dudes, give me an AR display and we get the innoc-er, the UNINVOLVED out of there. This sumbitch can probably punch through the external walls at whatever targets you paint."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yatagarasu Facility

Go for it! Sweet fate points.

The ninjas do sweet spin kicks!

<Ettin> Ninja kicking Shiro
<mistaya> DO YOUR WORST
<Krysmbot> Ettin, +///+4 = 5
<Krysmbot> mistaya, /+/- +3 = 3

<Ettin> Ninja kicking Maria
<Krysmbot> Ettin, -+//+4 = 4
<Krysmbot> TurninTrix, ++/- +4 = 5

Shiro could actually defend with her sword for a 5, so she takes 1 stress and Maria dodges! :v: And now it is your turns again.

Friday February 10 2119, 3:35PM EST

Aspects: A Suffusion Of Neon; Shining Eyes Everywhere, Compromised Security

The suspiciously man-sized legitimate delivery is brought inside the club! The party doesn't start until sundown but the place opens early for the Shining Eye early bird specials. Everyone here looks pretty normal, though if Ando peeks through the gaps in the crate he can see the occasional flash of Shining Eye jewellery Ando is totally outside and not sneaking in here, no sir.

They might stare a little at newcomers though.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:2

Shiro waves a welcome to Maria. Ueru pauses her arm mid wave and spins back towards the two remaining, staggering, Shining Eye ninjas. He growls and charges. One ninja manages to get his head on straight enough to throw a spin kick at her, but Ueru just shrugs off the blow and dives at him. (Another dent, damnit, she'd be up all night with the hammer fixing-)

<NO! UERU USE THE FLAT!>

At the very last second, close enough for the razor's edge of the cursed blade to cut cleanly through the cloth mask concealing his face, the sword turned to the side and hit the Miami Ninja in the throat hard enough to have taken his head just as cleanly. The man collapsed to the ground, choking, but alive.

Shiro wrenched control of her body back and sheathed the sword with some finality.

<You did not have permission to kill.>

<They hurt you!>

<Scratches, dents, nothing.>

<But...>

<Enough! You were showing off!>

He fell silent. Shiro turned to watch Maria.

----

Shiro posted:

Physical: (X)(X)(X)()
Mental: (X)()()() +1 Mild Consequence
Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:

Shiro Bitchslaps a Ninja: (+2 from tag)
[03:57] <Krysmbot> mistaya, -++/ +5 = 6
[03:57] <mistaya> dodge?
[03:57] <Kai_Tave> Hey remember you get a free +2 if you compel their consequence.

A Ninja dies horribly:
[04:03] <Krysmbot> Ettin, ---/+3 = 0
[04:04] <Kai_Tave> That ninja just died so hard his ancestors felt it.

11 damage, he had 2nd box remaining. WASTED.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Ando? Ando, are you com-" Juliana blinked as she checked the back of Espinoza's SUV only to find that the businessman wasn't there after all. What was there, on the other hand, was the sort of heavy weapon that one usually found carried by military power suits or support gunners using a gyro-harness. They usually didn't come in pink, though.

Ronwayne posted:

"Ah, Juliana, how about you take front, find the dudes, give me an AR display and we get the innoc-er, the UNINVOLVED out of there. This sumbitch can probably punch through the external walls at whatever targets you paint."

"All right then," Juliana said, looking back and forth between the weapon and the club and reaching a decision. It seemed ungrateful to simply leave Ando's "gift" behind, but there was no way Espinoza was going to carry that into a club without causing an incident, disabled security or no. "Looks like we won't be needing to stop by your warehouse after all. I'll give you a ring if I need you to weigh in. Won't be long, stay sharp." Adjusting her tie and pushing her sunglasses up on her nose, she opened the door...

Friday February 10 2119, 3:36PM EST

...and stepped into a sea of neon. Even this early in the day there were already patrons here, none of which looked particularly ninja-esque, but that was easily enough taken care of. Walking up to the nearest bartender, she set her briefcase down and pulled a certified credit stick out of the inside of her suitcoat, wirelessly flashing him an encrypted transfer code for $500, the key to be sent when she was satisfied. It was company money, after all. If AEI wanted her out here running around with the Miami ninja crew they could bloody well cover expenses. "Everyone here who isn't a ninja needs to leave. Now. And I'm looking for this mustache," she went on, sending him a still image of Armstrong in mid-heist. "Have you seen him?"

Rolling Provoke to clear out non-ninjas.

04:29 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-//+2 = 2
04:29 <Kai_Tave> Dang, what is it to make a declaration?
04:29 <Kai_Tave> Well, I'll probably just spend my FP anyway.
04:30 <Kai_Tave> Okay, Ettin I'm bribing/intimidating the bartender to shoo all non-ninja patrons out of the club.
04:30 <Kai_Tave> What would that be?
04:31 <Ettin> Let's say Fair (+2) because drama
04:31 <Kai_Tave> So a 2 is a success?

So I place the aspect Target-Rich Environment on the club.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Hey, what happened to not killing them?" Maria's bike tries to be "helpful" and offers her observations. The other Shinigami took over? "What? Shiro, I warned you about him!"

The last Miami ninja tries to throw a spinning kick at her. Maria spins her bike around to let the kick sail right past her and goes right after him in turn. She kicks back her motorcycle into a wheelie and catches the guy with a faceful of a spinning, burning rubber. The bike finally bears her weight over the ninja and pins the poor fellow down between her two wheels.

The poor guy sort of squirms and struggles under the frame, yet he still looks better than the rest of his wounded, unconscious friends. Maria breathes a sigh of a relief and looks back at Shiro. She gives the ninja girl a nod, asking for her help. They still got a job to do.

"Looks like we got you, at least. You guys sure went into a bit of trouble for this." She reaches in her pocket and dangles the keys over the ninja. "Care to tell us why or are we going to find out for ourselves?"

Rolled to wheelie the ninja to submission.
(8:20:56 PM) Krysmbot: TurninTrix, /-+/ +4 = 4
(8:21:05 PM) TurninTrix: hmm
(8:21:42 PM) Kai_Tave: You also get an invoke of that dude's consequence.
(8:21:47 PM) TurninTrix: Yes.
(8:21:49 PM) TurninTrix: +2
(8:21:55 PM) Kai_Tave: Bam.
(8:22:19 PM) Krysmbot: Ettin, +++-+3 = 5
With the bike it's fortunately a 4-stress hit and enough to take him down.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Moriyuki Ando FP: 3

As what pass for innocent bystanders in Miami* are leaned on, refused bar service, or otherwise shooed away like annoying popped-collar mayflies, the box in the corner looks on dispassionately. It's just sitting there. Against the wall. Boxing away. Okay, when you look again it's more like two feet from the wall. But it's definitely just sitting there, getting down with its box self. I mean who just sticks a box in the middle of a nightclub, three feet from a wall, anyway? I mean you're no teamster or anything, it just seems like four feet away from a wall is a kind of weird and arbitrary place to put a box. Especially when it's so close to the office stairs. Like, practically on them. It's got to be some kind of trip hazard. And from this angle it almost looked like the box sprouted a pair of expensive loafers and climbed up another stair.

Man, these Miami drugs are loving wicked.

*As in, they're probably still complete assholes.

_____
Rolling Stealth at +2 to place Huh, Just A Box.

Tactical Bureaucracy Action: 4dF+2 1. Bah, invoke I Am The Least Of Your Problems to make it +3.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A FP 2/1

Either Anna had switched her whiskey with antifreeze again or she was desperate, as she found herself slipping into magical girl mode all too easily. She let her legs swing, knock-kneed off of Danny's desk. She even giggled.

"Danny-kun, some very bad ninjas broke into here, but they couldn't have done it alone. Some bad organization had to have masterminded it. An ally of justice would help a magical girl punish badness no matter where it hid." She looked up at him with watering eyes; the effect was easy when you were screaming on the inside. "You are an ally of justice, aren't you Danny-onii-chan?"

She threw up in her mouth a little, swallowed it back down. Anna Asagiri wouldn't let something as minor as dignity stop her from following a lead.

Magical Girl Manipulation~ 4dF+5=4. Welp.

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 25, 2013

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yatagarasu Facility

Maria, Shiro

"Uh..." the ninja says. "It's the boss's van. It has a lot of... merchandise."

Man these ninjas are terrible at being vague.

Anna A.

"Uh... sure!" Dennis says. This was not what he was expecting. "What do you need? Can I get you another donut? Or I could get a coffee or something. Or tea. What do magical girls drink, tea?"

Dennis starts taking his keycard out of his pocket, then thinks better of it.

Port of Miami

Juliana places Target-Rich Environment, Solid Ando places Huh, Just A Box!

The non-ninjas scurry away. Juliana notices a few black-clad ninjas stepping out of the shadows... and a new guy stepping out of the back.

Galford Armstrong

Aspects: Shining Eye Silver Dragon; Fantastic Moustache

"Yeah? What can I do for you, ma'am?"

Anyone looking at Galford for the first time must overcome a difficulty of Great (+4) with Will or be hit with a maneuver as they're awed by his Fantastic Moustache.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

As the various non-ninja patrons beat a hasty retreat, Juliana switched her heads-up display over to combat mode. Target trackers sprang to life in her field of vision, reticules sliding over black-clad figures while heuristic systems calculated threat assessments and ran violence probability indexes in real-time.

It was all perhaps a bit overkill for a bunch of people running around in black pajamas she had to admit, but if you had something like that handy, she figured, then you might as well get some use out of it. She opened a channel to Espinoza, transmitting an interior layout of the club with various ninjas' positions superimposed upon it. ::Civvies should be clear. Stand by.::

She turned at the sound of the voice as it emerged from the back of the club...and blinked. That was the mustache all right, and it was even more impressive in person. It was honestly rather amazing just how impressive that mustache was...she'd known SAS sergeants who'd have killed for a mustache like that. But when you were a brain in a jar stuffed into a small fortune worth of military-grade cybernetics, when you'd spent the last several months squaring off against Green Fury militants and punching holes through the chests of extradimensional monstrosities, it took more than a mustache, even an impressive one, to throw you off your game.

"Ah, Mr. Armstrong," Juliana said cordially. "There you are. You're...not a very hard man to find at all, actually, which works out quite nicely for me. Last night you and your associates broke into a Hakurei Industries facility and stole a prototype power suit," she went on, voice turning businesslike. "I have footage that places you at the facility as well as at a nearby dock where you loaded the suit onto a boat and had it shipped to an as yet undisclosed location."

"To be perfectly frank, I'm not really interested in you or your ninjas. My only concern is for the suit in question, so if you'll be so kind as to answer two simple questions for me then I can be out of your hair and leave you and your friends here to whatever it is you do in your spare time; who hired you to steal the suit from Hakurei, and where did you have it shipped to?"

Rolling Will to resist the STACHE

05:54 <Ranbar_> >Fantastic Moustache.
05:54 <Ranbar_> don't you mean
05:54 <Ranbar_> Mantastic?
05:56 <Kai_Tave> OH NO.
05:56 <Kai_Tave> Enter the Stache
05:56 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+3
05:56 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, ++-/+3 = 4
05:57 <Kai_Tave> STACHE DENIED

Then rolling Provoke to push Galford on the matter of the suit.

06:30 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+2
06:30 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-/++2 = 3

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 26, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 3/4

Meanwhile, Storms had the SUV autopilot itself to the alley behind the club. He wasn't nearly swole nor stupid enough to try to hipfire a heavy weapon. Also there was the issue of escaping with evidence and such. In any event, the vehicle pointed itself with its back toward the club, as Storms folded down the backseat and opened the trunk door, bracing the cannon for fire. Julia's map display came up as he booted up his AR goggles. Absentmindedly, Storms mistakenly allowed it to autoconnect to the gun's smart link.

quote:

EXO-CUTE EXOCUTRIX 3.52 BOOTING...

"oh no..."

A tiny, excited chibi girl avatar dressed in pink fatigues and beret appeared in the corner of his vision.

EXOCUTRIX 3.52 posted:

"KONNICHIWA! Loading user diagnostics....WELCOME BACK, STORMS-SAMA, IT HAS BEEN 342 DAYS SINCE YOU LAST USED ONE OF OUR FINE PRODUCTS."

"Not long enough."

EXOCUTRIX 3.52 posted:

"IT APPEARS YOU ARE ABOUT TO OPEN FIRE ON LIGHT INFANTRY AT POINT BLANK RANGE WITH A WEAPON DESIGNED FOR ANTI-POWERSUIT AND LIGHT VEHICLE USE IN MIND. Would you like help with:

[_] -Stabilization?
[_] -Motion Tracking?
[_] -Preemptively soliciting an attorney for a war crimes tribunal?

"..." Storms groaned and racked the slide, chambering the first of the fist sized, candy colored rounds.

Setting the Manuever The Most Kawaii of Killzones x2

<%K`> the second one would be... unlikely
!r fudge+4
<Krysmbot>, -++/+4 = 5

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Ooh, ooh, pick the third one!

Anna A. 2/1 FP

Everclear. No mixer. A bullet in the head as a chaser. "I'd love some green tea, Danny-onii-chan." If she kept saying that, she was going to throw up all over Danny's desk.

She sat and smiled, the effort becoming painful. "Do you run this all alone with Hiko-jii? That seems like a whole lot of work!"

• Locked thread