Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of April 25):

The Rayman Legends app lets you play exclusive challenge stages based on ones from the main game and compete on the daily/weekly leaderboards; single-player only, off the top of my head, and the stages are on the more gimmicky side, but whatever, it's not like you've got anything else to play...

Real Bout Fatal Fury is the fifth game in the series, for those who've lost count.

Actually, the challenge mode will allow multiplayer, at least that's what this video is telling me anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeabndRjms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Say, I linked the eShop to my club Nintendo Account. Will it still be linked if I change to another region (Alberta, Canada for instance) or will I have to change it back to the original to get the coins and whatnot?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Stink Terios posted:

Say, I linked the eShop to my club Nintendo Account. Will it still be linked if I change to another region (Alberta, Canada for instance) or will I have to change it back to the original to get the coins and whatnot?

Assuming you're in the US, it should still be linked because the US and Canada share the same Club Nintendo.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Prepaid eshop cards in Japan look to come with new AR cards. There's one for Peach (¥3000), Mario (¥2000) and a Goomba (¥1000).

Shelf Adventure fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 25, 2013

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Shelf Adventure posted:

Prepaid eshop cards in Japan look to come with new AR cards. There's one for Peach (¥3000), Mario (¥2000) and a Goomba (¥1000).

Dang they need to release those here. They know I'll buy them all then sit around with a dangerously large wallet burning a hole in my eShop!

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Shelf Adventure posted:

They're for use with a new, free, AR photo-taking app. It was in a Chotto Nintendo Direct a month or two ago.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Injustice: Gods Among Us - €59.99 / £49.99
WII U eSHOP
    Rayman Legends Challenges App (free!)
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Real Bout Fatal Fury (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Kirby's Adventure (VC Trial Campaign) - €0.30 / £0.30 until May 16
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until April 30
    Puddle (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until May 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins - €39.99 / £34.99
    BIT.TRIP SAGA - €19.99 / £17.99
    Riding Stables 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Lola's Math Train - €2.99 / £2.69
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Golden Gaffe (gold-grinding map, difficulty *) - €2.49 / £2.29[/i]
  • Harvest Scramble (conversations/master seal, difficulty *) - €2.49 / £2.29[/i]
  • Champions of Yore #1 (Marth, difficulty *) - free until May 19, normal price €1.99 / £1.79
  • Champions of Yore Pack (Marth, Roy [difficulty *] and Micaiah [**]) - €3.49 / £2.99 until May 19, normal price €4.99 / £4.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man 4 (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Virtue's Last Reward (3DS Retail Download) - €24.99 / £19.99 until May 2
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until May 30

NA update (week of April 25):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    Rayman Legends Challenges App (free!)
WII VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Sengoku (Neo Geo) - 900 Points
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - $0.30 until May 17

3DS eSHOP
    CRAZY CONSTRUCTION - $?
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
  • Mega Man 4 - $4.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Fire Emblem Awakening DLC
  • Roster Rescue (Palla, difficulty *****) - $3.00
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity DLC
  • Poke Forest Dungeon - free until April 30
  • Strongest Trail (60 floors, difficulty *****) - $3.00
DSiWARE
    Color Commando (April 23) - 200 Points / $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Aero Porter (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until May 30
    Crimson Shroud (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 30
    Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until May 30

Still no word on the Wii U system update or VC launch, they're really cutting it fine.

NA Fire Emblem dudes, can you check to see if you're getting the Harvest Scramble DLC this week?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Is Picross-e ever coming to NA?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

NA update (week of April 25):

Still no word on the Wii U system update or VC launch, they're really cutting it fine.

NA Fire Emblem dudes, can you check to see if you're getting the Harvest Scramble DLC this week?

I can confirm that NA got Harvest scramble today. Standalone was, I think, $3.00. $6.50 for the pack, includes Harvest Scramble, Summer Scramble, and Hot-Spring Scramble.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

No harvest moon? :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sounds like the Wii U update might be live...

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Sounds like the Wii U update might be live...

I'm downloading it at this moment. Current estimated time remaining: 51 minutes and climbing

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Quick update for NA 3DS dudes: ATV Wild Ride 3D is on sale until next week, $5.99. Dunno why it wasn't on the press release, but there you go.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Patch notes!

quote:

Version 3.0.0 U
Released: April 25, 2013

New Features:
A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu*¹

Changes to System Settings:
An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in "Data Management"
The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in "Data Management"
The option to adjust screen size is now available under "TV"*²
"Auto Power-Down" has been renamed "Power Settings"

Changes to Miiverse
Changes to Nintendo eShop
Changes to the Internet Browser
Changes to Download Management

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 User selection may be necessary.
*2 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser.

quote:

Changes to Miiverse:
Added support for the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Controller
Handwritten posts will now also display on the TV screen during creation
"Undo" and "Redo" buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post
Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to Nintendo eShop:
Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation
Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to the Internet Browser:
Added support for the Wii Remote and Wii U Pro Controller
Added the option to change search engines when performing a keyword search
Added the option to return to the start page from the bookmark menu

Changes to Download Management:
Added the option to change the priority of downloads

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I posted the following in the General 3DS thread before I noticed this thread existed, which I guess it fits into better...

-----

I just got a 3DS XL and linked it to my Club account in the eShop, then added funds and bought Luigi's Mansion.

It's not showing up as a registered product when I log in to my account online.

Does it take time to show up or did something go wrong?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think it can take a day or so, yeah, but someone else will be able to tell you for sure.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Satorr posted:

I posted the following in the General 3DS thread before I noticed this thread existed, which I guess it fits into better...

-----

I just got a 3DS XL and linked it to my Club account in the eShop, then added funds and bought Luigi's Mansion.

It's not showing up as a registered product when I log in to my account online.

Does it take time to show up or did something go wrong?

Just close your eyes relax and it will come

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wii U VC launch titles, for those playing along at home:

NA:

quote:

NES:

Punch-Out!!
Balloon Fight
Kirby's Adventure
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Climber
Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World
F-ZERO

PAL-land:

quote:

NES:

Punch-Out!!
Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ice Climber
Excitebike

SNES:

Super Mario World
F-ZERO
Mario's Super Picross

Prices are the same as on Wii VC: $4.99 / €4.99 / £3.49 for NES games, $7.99 / €7.99 / £5.49 for SNES games. All the PAL games are the 60HZ versions, and there's no import tax on Picross.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
...and here's the JP launch lineup:

quote:

FC:

Ice Climber
Excitebike
Spelunker
Xevious
Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai (Kunio-kun athletics game, don't think it was ever localised)
Balloon Fight
Kirby's Adventure

SFC:

F-ZERO
Super Mario World
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
Mother 2
Mario's Super Picross
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem

and Rockman 3, Solomon's Key, Kirby Super Star, Super Metroid, Yoshi and Donkey Kong are all scheduled for the coming weeks.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 26, 2013

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Two Fire Emblems? I'm jealous...

Were those FE games released on the Japanese VC before?

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

What on earth, why's the JP launch like twice the size of other regions? It's not like most of those games weren't out in the US too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Silver Falcon posted:

Two Fire Emblems? I'm jealous...

Were those FE games released on the Japanese VC before?

Yeah, all the FC/SFC Fire Emblem games aside from the Satellaview episodes are available on the Wii VC, and Mystery of the Emblem/Monsho no Nazo was one of their 30yen Wii U VC Trial games, too.

Nick at Nite posted:

What on earth, why's the JP launch like twice the size of other regions? It's not like most of those games weren't out in the US too.

The Japanese VC always has and always will have a bigger library and a more consistent release schedule. After a while you just learn to tune out the JP schedule because it's depressing to see so many neat games coming out week after week, only to look at the international schedules and wonder why the hell it's taken 'em eight months to release Mach Rider or whatever.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

...and here's the JP launch lineup:

and Rockman 3, Solomon's Key, Kirby Super Star, Super Metroid, Yoshi and Donkey Kong are all scheduled for the coming weeks.

Wait, Rockman 3? What good will it do to skip 1 and 2?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Will we be able to upgrade the Wii VC titles to the WiiU as soon as the VC service starts in the WiiU eShop?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Prices are the same as on Wii VC: $4.99 / €4.99 / £3.49 for NES games, $7.99 / €7.99 / £5.49 for SNES games.

That's really disappointing, Nintendo.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Revol posted:

That's really disappointing, Nintendo.

I can't even be mad about the prices when there's nothing to buy :cry:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Expecting prices to match the slightly-lower-than-Wii currency-adjusted prices featured on the 3DS eShop here in Australia, which basically means $6.50 instead of $7.50. Still, a dollar is a nice little saving, especially if they're actually going to be giving us the 60hz version of games.

Interested in seeing the adjusted SNES/N64/etc prices.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Boten Anna posted:

I can't even be mad about the prices when there's nothing to buy :cry:

Super Mario World is great. But why would I pay $8 for this game? It just isn't worth that now. The App Store has changed that. I can buy Lego Batman 2 on my iPhone for $5. This game is, I believe, a near-port of the 3DS/Vita game. Meanwhile, I'm expected to pay $8 for a 20 year old game? Still? $5 for a 30 year old game?

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I'm sure some of you have seen me talk about this before. This should be the pricing:

$1-3 for NES, GB, GBC
$3-5 for SNES, GBA
$5-10 for N64

Nintendo is trying to set the market, while the market was already set years ago thanks to the smartphone revolution. Why are people going to pay $8 for an old SNES game, when they can buy new games on their cell phone, which usually have better graphics and newer gameplay, for only a dollar? Or, when it's so damned easy to just download the ROM? I have Super Mario World on my iPhone!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I have SMW on my phone too, but that doesn't mean I won't drop a measly $8 to have it on my Wii U.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Apparently these are up on the store now.

Edit: In the US. Not seeing them on the PAL eShop yet.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 26, 2013

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

Revol posted:

Nintendo is trying to set the market, while the market was already set years ago thanks to the smartphone revolution. Why are people going to pay $8 for an old SNES game, when they can buy new games on their cell phone, which usually have better graphics and newer gameplay, for only a dollar? Or, when it's so damned easy to just download the ROM? I have Super Mario World on my iPhone!

Because people are complacent/loyal enough to suck it down and either rationalise it as "it could be worse" or even actively defend the action.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Revol posted:

Why are people going to pay $8 for an old SNES game, when they can buy new games on their cell phone, which usually have better graphics and newer gameplay, for only a dollar? Or, when it's so damned easy to just download the ROM? I have Super Mario World on my iPhone!

Because I can't buy Super Mario World for $1 on my smart phone? Comparing SMW to a $1 smart phone game is like comparing a $1500 Macbook Air to a lovely $300 Dell laptop. Yes, they are both computers, but one clearly has better quality than the other.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Astro7x posted:

Because I can't buy Super Mario World for $1 on my smart phone? Comparing SMW to a $1 smart phone game is like comparing a $1500 Macbook Air to a lovely $300 Dell laptop. Yes, they are both computers, but one clearly has better quality than the other.

That is a terrible comparison. For one, many would point out that Mac systems are more expensive than their Windows counterparts, and you could get a near-Air equivalent cheaper. But the central problem here is assuming that a cheap smartphone game can't be considered a great game. This is simply untrue. Maybe not on the level of SMW, but... that still doesn't allow SMW to be worth eight dollars.

I understand you don't want to compare SMW to 99 cent smartphone games. Guess what? You have to. That is its competition. They're both in the market of low-price digital downloads. The market for this is set very low, though.

All I'm trying to say is... if the consumer has the option between a $1 Angry Birds game or an $8 Mario game, they're likely to choose Angry Birds. But if that Mario game is instead $3, I think Nintendo is going to sell a lot more of the game, and make more money in the end.

If Nintendo sold VC at the price point I posted, I'd be a lot more likely to buy many of these games, to the point where I have a nice sized library of them. I'm thinking the size of the Ambassador's collection for early 3DS users. Instead, I think the only VC game I'd be interested in buying at this price would be if they released Mario Paint with full Wiipad support, which I never expect to happen.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
I don't think you understand the consumer market all that well. Most people will see this as "omg I loved that game, I should buy it. its not that expensive".

Prices on most things like games, etc are high enough that you bitch, but not that you won't buy it.

Cross posting this from the Wii U thread, this is how the game shows up discounted in the list.

Edit: to add, this is not a "lovely" cell phone game, this is a full featured game that runs on a platform. Square gets away with more expensive re-releases on iOS and they're clearly in the insane territory compared to what Nintendo's prices are. Yet people still buy those.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rawrbomb fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 26, 2013

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
What is the discounted price?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Grabbed the wrong picture, its 1.50 since I owned it on my wii and have transferred my wii data to my Wii U

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Wouldn't it be more like comparing a lovely $300 Dell laptop to an Apple IIgs?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Revol posted:

I understand you don't want to compare SMW to 99 cent smartphone games. Guess what? You have to. That is its competition. They're both in the market of low-price digital downloads. The market for this is set very low, though.

All I'm trying to say is... if the consumer has the option between a $1 Angry Birds game or an $8 Mario game, they're likely to choose Angry Birds. But if that Mario game is instead $3, I think Nintendo is going to sell a lot more of the game, and make more money in the end.

Are you really comparing Angry Birds to SMW? This is just a troll post isn't it?

You can't buy Nintendo games on cell phones, so no that's not their competition. If the only place to buy these games digitally are on the Wii and Wii U, then Nintendo gets to set the price. I'm not even trying to argue that the prices are good or bad for the VC games since that's completely subjective much like your ranting, but my point is there's absolutely no reason to expect Nintendo or anyone else to price games according to lovely $1 dollar cell phone games.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Revol posted:

Super Mario World is great. But why would I pay $8 for this game? It just isn't worth that now. The App Store has changed that. I can buy Lego Batman 2 on my iPhone for $5. This game is, I believe, a near-port of the 3DS/Vita game. Meanwhile, I'm expected to pay $8 for a 20 year old game? Still? $5 for a 30 year old game?

That $20 year old game seems like a better value to me that another Lego game. The value is in the eye of the beholder and the market is willing to pay $8. I'm sure the release will generate plenty of profit for Nintendo.

This race to bottom on pricing can't be good for publishers or developers and I'm glad to see some companies resistive to it in that sense even if as a consumer I'd probably prefer lower prices. Whether it's true or not Nintendo sees themselves as a cut above the average iOS game. By charging more they position themselves as a luxury brand or prestige product in the marketplace and I'm sure that's part of their intent as well.

Anyway, I'm going to plop down the $8 on this myself later tonight. I never owned a SNES and SMW is a huge game with lots to do. I'll probably 100% the drat thing, going after all the Yoshi Coins and secret exits. I'm sure I'll get $8 worth of value out it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Panorama View is also launching today, in case anyone cares. Free demo with additional paid panoramas ($2/2EUR each, off the top of my head).