Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

mod sassinator posted:

haha this movie actually looks cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx6cY84XmwU

i think yospos cattes are way cooler than bub, grumpycat, etc. though

I watched that movie, it was actually a pretty good documentary about Bub and the whole Internet cat phenomenon. Got some real weird people involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

BFF4L

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hDIUwlh3w

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club

Awwww. Pet dat kitty.

I am trying to film Henry play his favourite game. Still trying to figure out my dslr. :)

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
cat on top, water on the bottom

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Xanthine posted:

i love tara's football shaped head :3

me too, tara owns

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
she was mystically entranced by my shoe for about 5 minutes

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

couldn't refurb scratch her head with her front paws?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Looking at that gif for the second time and just noticing the ear twitch :3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
there was way more, I have a 2 min video of her just doing that and me scratching it for her but I can't post it since you can clearly read my address on her tag in the rest of it :(

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh my gooooooooooood

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

beatlegs' driveway scored by hundreds of OC claw marks in the asphalt
better than any guard dogge

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dat lyfe

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I kept wanting to reach through my screen and scratch for her :3:

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Golden-i posted:

there was way more, I have a 2 min video of her just doing that and me scratching it for her but I can't post it since you can clearly read my address on her tag in the rest of it :(
Yeah don't want an endless river of goons coming to pet Refurb and Dogface for the rest of their lives, nonstop.

There's something wrong with your snake, it has fur.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Golden-i posted:

good call not posting it because I would have been tempted to drive to your house and scratch that ear for her.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Speaking of, how are your cat(s) when dealing with strangers?
Siamese El Gordo does not like strangers or other people. He gets nervous and bolts away/pisses on them. Ne does not mind them, rubs on them and is friendly as long as they don't try to rub his belly. Gollum is friendly as well.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sadie hides and will eventually warm up enough to come out and walk around if the person sits down and relaxes, but is always a bit on edge unless the person comes by on a regular basis. but that is part of the reason I adopted her: the sanctuary often had new people coming and going and that along with yearly fundraising events where dozens of strangers came really freaked her out. I live an incredibly boring home life so she can totally relax and enjoy being a kitty.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm still on the road and missing Dexter and Lulu. I just spent around an hour catching up in this thread. Here is a picture of my friend Mary's cat, Frankie Beans. Frankie is pretty great and she is silly.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

d-d-...dem toez

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

graph posted:

d-d-...dem toez

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

graph posted:

d-d-...dem toez

I've seen Frankie use them like thumbs when standing on the back of chairs.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Luisfe posted:

Pepper has gotten a lot better, but she's not a huge fan - we didn't socialize her well in the first year. If someone comes over frequently she warms up to them enough to hang out on the same couch as long as they ignore her. Brand new people get some whines, maybe a hiss or two if they try to pet her, sulking in the corner of the room, then eventually some cautious sniffs of their feet. She's even progressed far enough to sit on my in-laws laps!

She still growls if the doorbell rings or if the waifu and I get home at an abnormal hour, good catte.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol pepper is aggro as he*k

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Luisfe posted:

Siamese El Gordo does not like strangers or other people. He gets nervous and bolts away/pisses on them. Ne does not mind them, rubs on them and is friendly as long as they don't try to rub his belly. Gollum is friendly as well.

Toby runs away and then comes back pretty quickly once people have stopped stomping about. Then he walks around rubbing on people demanding pets. Luna runs away but then comes back to watch from afar. basically she treats the vacuum cleaner the same way.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Toby runs away and then comes back pretty quickly once people have stopped stomping about.

sure, but what about your cats?

my cat hates everyone she doesnt know and most people she does know. if someone comes around enough she might wander around while theyre there and maybe rub against them but nobody may ever pick up the most hateful princess or you get claws and meows. i do it anyway because tough love.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Golden-i posted:

refurb truly has the agility of a cat kitten

That is a floofy tail for a short hair. :3:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Trast posted:

That is a floofy tail for a short hair. :3:

i guess its cos shes chasing a dot?

cats like to puff up when theyre fighting and that

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

yeti update: he was doin this last night. i'm told he does this when he wants something, probably food

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

El Gar posted:

yeti update: he was doin this last night. i'm told he does this when he wants something, probably food

I would probably give him something if I saw that.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

El Gar posted:

A trap to lure in food? Devious Catte.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

since yesterday was the perfect date we ate dinner outside

trophy was not happy about it

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

friday!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

we used to do this, and got the same result. sometimes we would take our cat out and let it sit on our lap. she knew she wasn't supposed to get down, so she would slowly start to melt off of the lap, letting gravity pull her until she was dangling from the side of the chair. you'd call her on it and she'd be like 'what?'

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
no papi you can't go on my wife's trip with her

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

El Gar posted:

since yesterday was the perfect date we ate dinner outside

trophy was not happy about it

harsh man but i respect your decision to eat in peace, rather than having trophy all up in your business eating the pot roast with her tail in your face

meanwhile ash bond ponders his mission.. the pack of treats or the bag of wellness?

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 26, 2013

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Nice days means Friday morning birdwatching from the back of my chair, with added catsmile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club

TheQat posted:

no papi you can't go on my wife's trip with her

Stripes wanted to go to Montreal and watch the F1 race last year.