Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

(Blip Mirror because TGWTG is down right now
Doug's #4 character: Ed Wood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jesto posted:

This was brought up in the previous thread, but Fraser is essentially playing the fool of his own show to give his co-hosts things to talk about and riff on him. Ben seems like a quiet sort of guy and Becky is usually busy monitoring the chat, so he has to act dumb to open them up. What did he do to set you off? The most recent show where he dressed up like Catwoman complete with lipstick was pretty hilarious, I thought. :confused:

I still think this is the absolute best segment they've ever had. The drunken joy in all their eyes is a thing of beauty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2PxOAzC_eY&t=401s

It's the POWER GLOVE! :aaaaa:

You gotta admit that a Becky & Ben show would be pretty awesome though:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jesto posted:

This was brought up in the previous thread, but Fraser is essentially playing the fool of his own show to give his co-hosts things to talk about and riff on him. Ben seems like a quiet sort of guy and Becky is usually busy monitoring the chat, so he has to act dumb to open them up. What did he do to set you off? The most recent show where he dressed up like Catwoman complete with lipstick was pretty hilarious, I thought. :confused:

I still think this is the absolute best segment they've ever had. The drunken joy in all their eyes is a thing of beauty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2PxOAzC_eY&t=401s

It's the POWER GLOVE! :aaaaa:

He just grates on me at times. I can't really put it into words, but during the Bioshockk Infinite stuff he's particularly annoying. Maybe you're right about him playing the fool, but he has this weird ability to not understand what the gently caress is going on in a game's story because he talks nonstop and then acts super confused. It's also at work in the Mass Effect videos where he won't shut up for more than 5 seconds and then is confused with what is going on.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lupa continues the Witchcraft review series with Witchcraft 666: The Devil's Mistress.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Brad Jones reviewed another terrible "Terminator" movie. A nice cleanser following... that previous movie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
New Half in the Bag- Oblivion and Lords of Salem

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
It's rare that Game Grumps irritates me. Their one-off of Toki did. Toki is a fun game, and totally weird and full of stuff they could poke at and just enjoy. But instead Jon decided he hated it immediately so they just phoned it in. I guess it is frustrating when it's a game you like, huh?

rjryan3
Oct 10, 2012

cubs2084 posted:

It's rare that Game Grumps irritates me. Their one-off of Toki did. Toki is a fun game, and totally weird and full of stuff they could poke at and just enjoy. But instead Jon decided he hated it immediately so they just phoned it in. I guess it is frustrating when it's a game you like, huh?

Nobody cares about Game Grumps. They are not critics, they're lovely LPers.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I watch them out of boredom sometimes but every time I'm like "dudes, if you guys weren't better at improv and animation than your average LP-er you'd have nothing going for you whatsoever."

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
In an effort to head off Grump talk at the pass, let's talk about Zero Punctuation's new review for Luigi's Mansion 2! (Noteworthy because it's a review where Yahtzee actually really likes the game.)
You know, I'm becoming increasingly concerned that Yahtzee is made entirely out of marshmallow fluff. He seems to spend an awful lot of time complaining about how certain controllers and control schemes make his hands hurt, or how motion controls make his everything hurt.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 26, 2013

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Nash has been releasing his Q&As from his 2 day megastream. It's edited but...

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
What happened to Luke Mochire? He kind of vanished. Did he quit the reviewing game?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

cubs2084 posted:

What happened to Luke Mochire? He kind of vanished. Did he quit the reviewing game?

He's had long hiatuses before. Just assume it's that.

Doug's #3: Mrs. Brisby

Saw this one coming. He's mentioned liking Secret of NIHM before.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Moviebob's review of Pain Gain reminds me why I always tune into this guy every week; when he's not nerding out over the latest drop in the bucket of fantasy/sci-fi/comic book movies or letting his own personal bias get in the way of analysis, he's capable of giving any given movie a really good dressing down and explaining exactly how it works and how it doesn't in less than five minutes. This is the kind of review that makes me feel like I have to do homework in order to properly keep up. Considering said homework would usually be a roll call of cult classics in whatever genre the movie he's reviewing would fit in, I don't consider that a bad thing at all.

... unless it's Michal Bay movies, which at this point is basically a genre unto itself.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Suede reviews Mewtwo Returns.
He ended the Pokemon 3 video on a cliffhanger, but he had to add this in...

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
I went to C2E2 today, and randomly ran into JewWario. NICE guy. Like he didn't act self-important at all, we were chatting about our experiences at the con (and he showed me his Peter Davidson signed Electabuzz plushie, which was fantastically random), his work, and never did I get the impression he was just trying to flee from the conversation despite me catching him at the exit. It was a surprise at the end of my day, but it was nice to find he's just so pleasant, and seemed genuinely appreciative when I told him I was a fan and likes what he does. We took a picture together doing the Vulcan salute (I was dressed as Spock). I went against my twitter hate just so I could get it to him directly and give my thanks at being so cool with me today, since other fans who met him today are doing that and he's been responding.

https://twitter.com/cubs2084/status/328356958161760257/photo/1

cubs2084 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 28, 2013

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
e: Well never loving mind then. It seems you fixed your problem yourself while I was typing. :v:

I still can't believe how horribly designed TGWTG.com is though.

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 28, 2013

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

cubs2084 posted:

I went to C2E2 today, and randomly ran into JewWario. NICE guy. Like he didn't act self-important at all, we were chatting about our experiences at the con (and he showed me his Peter Davidson signed Electabuzz plushie, which was fantastically random), his work, and never did I get the impression he was just trying to flee from the conversation despite me catching him at the exit. It was a surprise at the end of my day, but it was nice to find he's just so pleasant, and seemed genuinely appreciative when I told him I was a fan and likes what he does. We took a picture together doing the Vulcan salute (I was dressed as Spock). I went against my twitter hate just so I could get it to him directly and give my thanks at being so cool with me today.

https://twitter.com/cubs2084/status/328356958161760257/photo/1

:3: I'm so jealous that you got to meet JewWario. I wish I had the chance to meet TGWTG celebrities, but they all seem to meet up on the east coast. I'd really like to meet Doug Walker and Todd. They seem like such nice people.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

:3: I'm so jealous that you got to meet JewWario. I wish I had the chance to meet TGWTG celebrities, but they all seem to meet up on the east coast. I'd really like to meet Doug Walker and Todd. They seem like such nice people.

Justin was SUPER nice. I figured he was because he always comes off that way, but man. He was just all sorts of personable, we compared con day notes, he showed off his Elekid doll that Peter Davidson signed and we had a moment of "Dude, we met Peter Davidson! Isn't he so friendly and cool?!". I was having a great day as it was, but ending it meeting him out of freaking no where was icing on the cake. I felt like a bit of an idiot at first. I glanced over and was all "wait a minute..." Doubled back, got a good look at him and went "Justin Carmical?" Good times.

I could have met Doug Walker a few years ago. I was at ACen here in Chicago when he was. Of course it wasn't until I got home that I saw on his site that he was there. I was so bummed. But at least there I got to meet Shinichi Watanabe, the crazy Nabeshin behind Excel Saga.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's been a while since Lindsay released a proper Nostalgia Chick video.

"Top 10 music videos of the 90's"

http://blip.tv/nostalgia-chick/nostalgia-chick-top-ten-music-videos-of-the-90-s-6578188

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Doug's #2 is up. I'll give you two guesses who it is, and the first one doesn't count.

Really, the most surprising is that this wasn't #1.

Batman

If Daffy Duck is his #1, then he will of won my respect for being self-aware.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Benny the Snake posted:

Doug's #2 is up. I'll give you two guesses who it is, and the first one doesn't count.

Really, the most surprising is that this wasn't #1.

Batman

If Daffy Duck is his #1, then he will of won my respect for being self-aware.

I'm almost certain Daffy Duck will be his number one, I seem to remember him saying that before and saying he modeled a lot of his comedic styles and the comedic beats of the NC after him. Which is enough praise to surmise that Daffy at least would be among the top 10, and since he hasn't appeared so far it's logical to assume that he would probably be number one given the immense praise.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Apr 29, 2013

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Benne posted:

It's been a while since Lindsay released a proper Nostalgia Chick video.

"Top 10 music videos of the 90's"

http://blip.tv/nostalgia-chick/nostalgia-chick-top-ten-music-videos-of-the-90-s-6578188
I love how as soon she said that the next entrant was so cheesy and awesome that I knew it was I would do anything for love, but I won't do that

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

My third Animorphs video game review is up, this time a platformer for the Playstation called Shattered Reality.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
New Todd/Rap Critic crossover: Todd and Rap Critic Talk About Accidental Racist. I still can't believe that song exists.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Doug's #1 is up and surprisingly it's NOT Daffy Duck. Doug's favorite characters are Atticus and Marge.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was surprised to see that in his latest review, Spoony is again using the Andrew Dickman animation. He stopped using that after they had some kind of falling out, but I guess maybe they worked it out?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
The new Critic's top 11 was pretty great!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RustyTrombone posted:

The new Critic's top 11 was pretty great!

He actually provided some interesting insight. I never noticed that the Mormon episode was also complementing people of the faith and, while I don't like the episode he picked for his #1, I definitely see why it exists and why people would like it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The episode in question. We all knew it needed to be said in the end.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
There's a new AVGN, with a special guest! :supaburn:

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I could listen Lloyd Kaufman improvise the dumbest poo poo all day.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I think that episode is officially the point where I'm just bored with the whole AVGN shtick. :geno: I actually kinda liked the in-between videos him and Mike did just constructively talking about various games, and wish they could focus more on that.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Someone mentioned it in the old thread, but Some Jerk With A Camera is pretty decent. He reviews Disney parks and while he does tend to whine a bit and his latest video on EPCOT might be way too padded he is pretty entertaining. http://blip.tv/some-jerk-with-a-camera

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zeether posted:

Someone mentioned it in the old thread, but Some Jerk With A Camera is pretty decent. He reviews Disney parks and while he does tend to whine a bit and his latest video on EPCOT might be way too padded he is pretty entertaining. http://blip.tv/some-jerk-with-a-camera

Some Jerk With A Camera is easily in my top three, even though I've never been to Disneyland/world and couldn't care less about theme parks in general. He's on the entire other end of the spectrum from the low effort, high volume stuff that gets torn apart here. He only releases a few videos a year, but they're all well researched, shot on location and extremely funny. I can even forgive the padding on the Epcot video since a lot of that padding is with Il Neige and I'd watch Il Neige read the phonebook :allears:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Best of the Worst: Wheel of the Worst

Holy poo poo, they watch one of the most awkward, uncomfortable videos yet. They really tear into them good. Last Best of the Worst had movies that were entertaining shlock. This one is the complete and utter opposite. A great episode nonetheless.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

Some Jerk With A Camera is easily in my top three, even though I've never been to Disneyland/world and couldn't care less about theme parks in general. He's on the entire other end of the spectrum from the low effort, high volume stuff that gets torn apart here. He only releases a few videos a year, but they're all well researched, shot on location and extremely funny. I can even forgive the padding on the Epcot video since a lot of that padding is with Il Neige and I'd watch Il Neige read the phonebook :allears:
My favorite part is when he tries to make jokes about Ellen's Energy Adventure and it leads to a great Brows Held High cameo.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Holy poo poo, they watch one of the most awkward, uncomfortable videos yet. They really tear into them good. Last Best of the Worst had movies that were entertaining shlock. This one is the complete and utter opposite. A great episode nonetheless.

I'm impressed that they didn't reveal what movies they were reviewing in the title. That happens way too often.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Round 3 of Anime Derby.

Oh Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, why'd you have to be adapted by ARMs of all people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Brad made a new series about losers who decided to make an Internet Reviewing show to make money, starring Jake and Brian
http://thecinemasnob.com/2013/05/02/the-reviewers-behind-the-scenes-meet-space-lancer-steve.aspx
E: Also Iron Man 3 Review http://thecinemasnob.com/2013/05/03/midnight-screening-iron-man-3.aspx Dave King of the claw machine game :black101:

Jimbot posted:

Holy poo poo how can I remember that Fire Safety Rap stuff from the 90s? I now remember that loving commercial with the rap played all the goddamn time on Nickelodeon

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 3, 2013

• Locked thread