Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SpaceDrake posted:

More to the point, why, why, WHY don't they have a LAN client for their incredibly important video game final matches. Jesus H. Christ.
Apparently they exist, but only for NA. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Someone posted yesterday that the EU doesn't get to have the LAN client because Riot shares the responsibilities of running the tournament with ESL and Riot is unwilling to share the tournament client with any other company.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
s0az is sosososo good, like holy poo poo good

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Libertine posted:

Someone posted yesterday that the EU doesn't get to have the LAN client because Riot shares the responsibilities of running the tournament with ESL and Riot is unwilling to share the tournament client with any other company.

Dumbest reason ever. These server issues are completely unacceptable for a professional sport as they are 100% avoidable and are possibly influencing matches (see: the Wolves).

Anyway! Great turn-around for Fnatic. Match #3 is gonna be the tensest. And yes, s0az is murder on that Zed, and holy poo poo that Ahri. :stare: I'm amazed Peke didn't bring that out more in the regular season.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Both of these teams are so goddamn good, and to be honest I'm glad that they're "only" playing for $25,000 here. I want good things to happen to both of them, so I'm relieved that they're not playing, for example, to determine relegation.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

This teamcomp from Gambit is loving weird, don't see it working out too well... so much all in, but no real engage

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Allyn posted:

This teamcomp from Gambit is loving weird, don't see it working out too well... so much all in, but no real engage
Giving Diamond a jungler with complete kill pressure is such a dangerous thing. He's still one of the most innovative junglers in the game and has popularized so many different junglers that people didn't use before.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

Dumbest reason ever. These server issues are completely unacceptable for a professional sport as they are 100% avoidable and are possibly influencing matches (see: the Wolves).

Riot likes the competitive scene, but the fact is that people don't stop playing LoL when a tournament goes bad for tech reasons, so it only effects the bottom line when things go REALLY bad and they have to spend money to fix goodwill (see: refunds relating to s2 worlds.) However, if a non-Riot company ever had the capacity to host a LoL server, it would have an effect on their profit, especially since their business model is based on having all the keys. Less people will buy a champ first week if they can just play a modded server to check them out, less people will buy a skin if they can have the skin when playing with friends, etc. I suspect this is the same reason that the PBE signups are so obfuscated and open for such a limited window.

The real solution is to find a way to send them a black box server to run the games on and ensure they only let people they trust run their high profile tournaments. They don't have to give away any secrets if they just say "plug the computers into this server instead of the internet, and plug the spectator client in here" and if they trust the tournament organisers they don't have to worry about them trying to reverse engineer anything on the server.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Joe Miller is a wonderful commentator because he just sounds so exhausted and contemptuous when he makes lovely puns. "He's a Diamond in the rough, and he's got a red... buff."

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

^^ That's Deman, not Joe.

One really good thing about Eve is the pink ward tax. 3k gold lead, but I swear Fnatic must have spent at least another 1k on consumables just to keep Eve in check

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Which commentator is the idiot who uses the word "Towards" every second word? It drives me insane. STOP SAYING TOWARDS!

edit: wow, xpeke is going HARD. best kennen play i've ever seen!

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 28, 2013

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Turpitude posted:

Which commentator is the idiot who uses the word "Towards" every second word? It drives me insane. STOP SAYING TOWARDS!

That would also be Deman.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Turpitude posted:

edit: wow, xpeke is going HARD. best kennen play i've ever seen!

Oh god I thought I was the only one who noticed or cared.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I only ever notice stuff like that after it gets pointed out and then I can't help getting annoyed by it. Same with Phreak's horrible jokes.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
What a throw from Fnatic there. Why would you think you can engage when you're just running at them in a straight line, both teams at or near full health, and you're 4v5 and 10k gold behind?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Alex on mid lane Zac. Should be interesting....

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

So they've gone from no engage to shitloads of engage, huh. Mid-lane Zac makes sense: can use e to roam a lot. But I still am not sold on him in any lane in general

PS s0az with a great heads up play

e: seriously, s0az is an obscene Elise. He was great yesterday on it and has started it today in the same fashion

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Holy gently caress this game is insane already.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Fnatic would be so far ahead if it weren't for nRated and Xpeke's totally inexplicable deaths.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Deman's reluctance to take part in bad puns and jokes and his constant feud with the camera controllers makes him my favorite commentator. Yesterday I remember him constantly saying BOTTOM LANE over and over trying to get them to switch over to that view and they only popped up a tiny picture-in-picture while they focused on a completely unexciting minion siege on a tower.

This game is action, action, action and I'm excited!

e: This is Moscow 5 again. See champion: Kill champion. All that's missing is Shyvana.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 28, 2013

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Hahaha this game is absolutely ridiculous

e: :laffo: okay that was dumb from s0az, holy poo poo

Allyn fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 28, 2013

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Allyn posted:

Hahaha this game is absolutely ridiculous

As soon as you said that, it got even more absurd by the dragon fight. I love this game so much more than the 55 minute slog last time.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What the hell was that Soaz?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
What is going on in this game? Both teams are playing completely loving reckless. This is like my usual games when myself and all my friends are completely drunk. Manaless Lulu going to face check Kha'Zix on the blue? Just non stop insanity.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

What is going on in this game? Both teams are playing completely loving reckless. This is like my usual games when myself and all my friends are completely drunk. Manaless Lulu going to face check Kha'Zix on the blue? Just non stop insanity.
Gambit's Bloodlust from Season 2 and FNatic's desperation to keep up and make it to the fifth game. Remember that Fnatic needs to win two straight games, to Gambit's one. Gambit has a little wriggle room and they want to go back to their roots and dominate the game, but FNatic is completely fighting back against the Hyper-aggressive Russians.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Libertine posted:

I think Gambit are doing what they love, the ultra aggression is crazy and they can afford to lose this one and still have a chance to win. I think Fnatic are in a position where they can't afford to let them do that and they are going all in as well.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Is it true that the 5th game of the BO5 will be a blind pick?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dyllyn posted:

Is it true that the 5th game of the BO5 will be a blind pick?
That's how they do it in Korea but I haven't heard anything like that for the LCS.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Wow, Diamond with the completely unnecessary dunk on Khazix for maximum style points. And that chat goes wild!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
this zac/malphite initiation is fantastic. pulled off properly that's 3 back-to-back stuns. brutal

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

The official rulebook makes absolutely no mention of blind pick for the bo5 (ctrl+f for 7.3.3.2).

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Dyllyn posted:

Wow, Diamond with the completely unnecessary dunk on Khazix for maximum style points. And that chat goes wild!

When in the game did this happen? Roughly? I'd like to rewind and watch it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This is the most exciting back and forth match I've seen in forever. Holy poo poo, every single clash is a highlight reel.

Allyn posted:

The official rulebook makes absolutely no mention of blind pick for the bo5 (ctrl+f for 7.3.3.2).
God I hope Riot throws us a bone and gets them a Blind Pick if it goes to game 5.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 28, 2013

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

The Mash posted:

Somewhere between 25-30 minutes! Shortly after Gambit picks up the first Baron Xpeke and Cyanide attempt to reciprocate by taking Gambit's middle second tower (which they don't manage to). Edward chases them all the way to bottom lane, which neither player expected, and Xpeke and Cyanide get bopped. Diamond blows Cataclysm to last hit Xpeke for the shutdown kill.

e: perhaps after 30 minutes? I'm not sure. But 25-min onwards there's quite a bit of excitement anyway, Fanatic got baited so hard by Diamond.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

The Mash posted:

Chase starts at like 31:30 or 32 or so. Play Yakety Sax for maximum entertainment.

Edit: This game has close to 300k concurrent viewers on, that's insane. I think worlds is really going to be an e-sports has arrived moment where we get more concurrent viewers than relevant televised sports.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~
This is a fantastic game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

HOLY poo poo PEKE. Forget LeBlanc, Kha'Zix is the jukemaster.

FNatic is down 6 kills but have the gold advantage, they're still dead-even it's loving incredible.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

are you loving kidding me? Good god

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
The CS out of Fnatic is absurd. Basically what I'm learning from this is NA allstars are hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

what a ridiculous, brilliant game

• Locked thread