Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
I'm really happy that ORPHANGRAB worked out so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!

dancehall posted:

I'm really happy that ORPHANGRAB worked out so well.

That's such a difficult word to remember. Did anyone catch the mnemonic device they came up with on the show? I think it was super easy and super short.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cacahuate posted:

That's such a difficult word to remember. Did anyone catch the mnemonic device they came up with on the show? I think it was super easy and super short.

Someone on the earwolf comments transcribed the mnemonic for INTERDIMENSIONALFRYVAULTGRAB.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Poopy Palpy posted:

Someone on the earwolf comments transcribed the mnemonic for INTERDIMENSIONALFRYVAULTGRAB.

This was amazing. I could not believe they did every letter. They get to the end of FRYVAULT and Bobby reminds them, as Fourvel, "we still have grab left"... What a great episode.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
No B-B-Bonus episode this week (yet?), but Pete Holmes dropped a minor "my wife" into his Jeff Garlin episode which will have to sustain me. :mad:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
A life sustained on Pete Holmes catchphrases must be a hollow one, filled with There Will Be Blood quotes.

I was really hoping for Farts & Pro 3 this week and then on monday Womp It Up would grace us :(

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I would love to hear a whole episode with Paul F. Tompkins doing Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber doing Stephen Sondheim.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Speaking of IT'S BEEN, which episodes has it been mentioned in other than Making the Snow Angel and Time Bobbies 2? I'm pretty sure it was brought up by Paul F. Tompkins at least once? Even better if you can give me the timestamp!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

QUICK: What episode did Scott do that bit with the Pussycat Doll's Beep song?

I think it was one with Jimmy Pardo, because I'm pretty sure Scott was called an idiot immediately after.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

This isn't farts and pro 3.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

This isn't farts and pro 3.

The P&R Season finale is this Thursday - maybe there will be a B-b-b-bonus-s-s-s episode?

EDIT: Scott says on Twitter that there will be two episodes this week.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 29, 2013

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

caligulamprey posted:

QUICK: What episode did Scott do that bit with the Pussycat Doll's Beep song?

I think it was one with Jimmy Pardo, because I'm pretty sure Scott was called an idiot immediately after.

Oh, great, thanks for reminding me of that. Now I'm giggling like an idiot in the office, and if someone asks me why I'm going to have to say "oval office".

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
As soon as Scott said that Neil was going to be a Representative from Georgia I desperately hoped that it was going to be a House Of Cards thing. So happy I was right.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
and the game of thrones continues :ocelot::smug:

Poor Pam Schaal, you could really hear the distress in her voice. It must be odd to have a child who is a stand up comedian.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Please tell me that Neil Campbell is worth sitting through this awful Jewish Therapist bit

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Me in Reverse posted:

Please tell me that Neil Campbell is worth sitting through this awful Jewish Therapist bit

He was okay. Kind of a predictable character. There was nothing that great about the episode, aside from the voice mail mashup of Kristen Schaal's mother. I didn't find anything offensively bad about it though, I just zoned out a lot.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Me in Reverse posted:

Common sense would say stick it out for Neil Campbell...but I say, Neil Campbell should stick it out for YOU.

If you like his style of taking a stupid bit and seeing it through to the end with conviction, you'll enjoy it.

How are u posted:

and the game of thrones continues :ocelot::smug:

"There is a lot of unrest in Dorne, I'll give you that."

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fil5000 posted:

Oh, great, thanks for reminding me of that. Now I'm giggling like an idiot in the office, and if someone asks me why I'm going to have to say "oval office".
It's the apathetic, half-a-beat late "dong" at the end that really seals the deal for me.

EDIT: Youtube saves the day! http://youtu.be/EsrNWHXghbw

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Me in Reverse posted:

I didn't think she was awful, just like... normal. Like she played it waaay too straight.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

cams posted:

I didn't think she was awful, just like... normal. Like she played it waaay too straight.

I honestly don't even know what the gag was with that character. It's like she forgot to put any comedy in her improv and just played a normal person. It wasn't unfunny, it just wasn't anything.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Periodiko posted:

I honestly don't even know what the gag was with that character. It's like she forgot to put any comedy in her improv and just played a normal person. It wasn't unfunny, it just wasn't anything.

Yeah I feel like she just wound up getting lost behind Kristen and Neil and didn't really make much of an effort to gain any traction. I don't know if she had a bit planned that she just didn't get to or if she thought the character would be enough to spark something, but it didn't happen.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think she was planning on going into the "oh by the way I'm also a psychic" thing but got sidetracked. Oh well, I doubt that would have really made it any better. It was just an all-around mediocre episode.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I really liked Watkins on SNL and was bummed when she got cut. I thought the character was dry but enjoyable. It was just a bit crowded with 3 people. Neil was very funny.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Neil's House of Cards impression was pretty goddamned hilarious in my opinion.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

It's a shame, Neil only comes on around halfway in and Kristen is again really quiet during a lot of the podcast. I think she's really funny but she's either sticking to a bit, or needs better guests to bounce off of. Like you've said before, the therapist was just too good at being a real person with nothing funny about her.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I think it was just too crowded for that episode. I think that character could come back later and be funnier. I also liked Watkins on SNL.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Yeah, pretty mediocre episode. The voicemail mash-up was great. The "Would you rather?" was pretty awful though.

vvv That's really a benign thing to get upset about. vvv

escape artist fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 30, 2013

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Scott's getting some internet backlash for this tweet: https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/329238693921558529

Seems a bit of an overreaction to me, but I'm not a woman.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Came here to post that. Regardless of the tweet, I found his reaction to it pretty funny, as well as this: https://twitter.com/Kulap/status/329292542476685312

I dunno, I can see why some people (including a lot of people I like, mostly music critics) got upset about it and I'm while sure a few people who are Hot Saucerman fans and know what kind of place his humour is coming from are among them, I'm guessing that the majority of the people reacting to it aren't in that group. I mean, there are of plenty of other comedians that tweet could have come from and it would've pissed me off.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Gettin' mad bout tweets.

gently caress the internet.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GraPar posted:

Came here to post that. Regardless of the tweet, I found his reaction to it pretty funny, as well as this: https://twitter.com/Kulap/status/329292542476685312

I dunno, I can see why some people (including a lot of people I like, mostly music critics) got upset about it and I'm while sure a few people who are Hot Saucerman fans and know what kind of place his humour is coming from are among them, I'm guessing that the majority of the people reacting to it aren't in that group. I mean, there are of plenty of other comedians that tweet could have come from and it would've pissed me off.

Even if there's arguably a rationale behind getting upset/offended about it, I feel like the vitriol is ridiculous.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Twitter is the worst. He makes a joke about people who wear a 30+ year old defunct band's tshirt not wanting to talk about a 30+ year old defunct band, and all of the sudden SOCIAL JUSTICE! People are outraged that he thinks women don't like music? Is that even a real stereotype?

His reaction is way better though. Good on ya, Clockerman.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Whoops, it's leaking outside Twitter http://www.buzzfeed.com/verymuchso/twitter-attacked-a-comedian-for-a-sexist-joy-division-joke. gently caress the internet. (I really hope this doesn't become a massive thread derail, which is probably hypocritical since I just made two posts about it).

(my overall thoughts fully summed up by the post below me)

GraPar fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 30, 2013

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I think I know too much about his overall worldview to read that tweet the way people want to read that tweet in isolation, so the whole thing is kinda :psyduck:.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I'm absolutely flabbergasted that that joke could create any kind of a controversy.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Well he pretty much came out and said that women don't and can't understand music.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I don't think it was an over-reaction, he made a dumb tweet and other people tweeted back at him. That's what Twitter is. He's still probably my favorite comedian, but everybody fucks up sometimes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I am so glad I'm not on twitter.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Drunkboxer posted:

Well he pretty much came out and said that women don't and can't understand music.

I thought it was a joke about Joy Division shirts being as meaningless as Che shirts, or cute girls not wanting to talk to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
No, he said that women don't and can't understand music. Didn't you read the tweet/