Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kenning posted:

I found some fat monkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It makes me a little bit sad that I recognized this the instant I saw it. Good old phoned-in alien design.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

couldcareless posted:

Hey, Cajun Mike's is down the street from my office.

NO FUCKIN' WAY

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Captain Hygiene posted:

It makes me a little bit sad that I recognized this the instant I saw it. Good old phoned-in alien design.

Fine, I'll be the guy. What is that image from?

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Kenning posted:

I found some fat monkeys.

Any word on why it is so fat? Is that normal for the species? Does it have a glandular problem? Is it just a lazy, fatass?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Markoff Chaney posted:

Fine, I'll be the guy. What is that image from?

Star Trek. Definitely get this, it makes those cryptic posts way less annoying. It adds the search by image function to the context menu when you right click an image.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jasta posted:

Any word on why it is so fat? Is that normal for the species? Does it have a glandular problem? Is it just a lazy, fatass?

Overfeeding from humans.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Jasta posted:

Genetic engineering to create furry beanbag chairs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

Yeah, I have one of their old catalogs around here somewhere, even the bulk spools of cabling are stupid expensive. Anywho, "Customers who viewed this item also viewed":

Which one of you is "customers"?

Also on that list was this important book.

This might be the most important book you ever read.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Genetic engineering to create furry beanbag chairs.

I'll only buy one if I can beckon it from another room.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Crasscrab posted:

I just looked the Japanese river otter up on Wikipedia and this is the exact same picture they have for it. :negative:

Yeah, that's where I got it from. I was looking up river otters for whatever reason, not expecting to run into that gem. It's not like there isn't any better picture. Well, it's actually a pretty great picture, but not from a standpoint of illustrating the animal. And I guess there's at least another wonky taxidermy Japanese river otter over there, although this one's better for sure. The look on its face, though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kheldarn posted:

Also on that list was this important book.

This might be the most important book you ever read.

gently caress you ocean liner im in a sailboat and have right of way!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Only if you're on a starboard tack.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

xxEightxx posted:

I was looking for some picture i think was from old thread, or something that listed audio cables for like $5,0000 because they had diamond dust and poo poo. Couldnt find the picture on the interwebs, but i found this instead, which is equally hilarious.

http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-K2...old+audio+cable

That happens a lot with stuff that's only available from third-party sellers. They use bots to set the prices automatically, so the person selling the new one has a bot set the price to the top price for a used one plus 20%, but the person selling the second-hand one has a bot set the price to 95% of the price of a new one, so if the second-hand one starts at $10 then at the first change the new one becomes $12 and then the second-hand one goes to $11.40 which makes the new one cost $13.68, etc. and the people who make money reselling a bunch of stuff that way don't check on all their products very frequently so it just keeps going as often as they have their bots set up to check it.

You also get people who offer something for sale that they don't have on the basis that they can buy it from another seller when they need it, so their price is automatically set to be just a bit higher than the one they're going to buy and sell on, but if two people try that same trick on the one product then their bots can end up competing with each other and drive the price way up.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Dusseldorf posted:

Only if you're on a starboard tack.

My rules of the road is pretty rusty, but I'm pretty sure the windward vessel has right of way where sailboats are involved. Or maybe it's leeward. Some ward. In practice though the Law of Gross Tonnage is king.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Tiggum posted:

That happens a lot with stuff that's only available from third-party sellers. They use bots to set the prices automatically, so the person selling the new one has a bot set the price to the top price for a used one plus 20%, but the person selling the second-hand one has a bot set the price to 95% of the price of a new one, so if the second-hand one starts at $10 then at the first change the new one becomes $12 and then the second-hand one goes to $11.40 which makes the new one cost $13.68, etc. and the people who make money reselling a bunch of stuff that way don't check on all their products very frequently so it just keeps going as often as they have their bots set up to check it.

Sorry buddy, audiophiles are so much worse.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-254-audioquest-k2-speaker-cables-pr.aspx
http://www.elusivedisc.com/AUDIOQUEST-K2-SPEAKER-CABLES-8FT/productinfo/AQ-SK28/
(etc)

This picture is funny once you realize that this "quantum" sticker costs 70 bucks.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

stubblyhead posted:

My rules of the road is pretty rusty, but I'm pretty sure the windward vessel has right of way where sailboats are involved. Or maybe it's leeward. Some ward. In practice though the Law of Gross Tonnage is king.

You'd be a loving idiot to push it, but a vessel under sail always has right of way over a vessel under power.

For example, here is a picture of Titanic loving up and running down a sailboat. Titanic is in the wrong.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Tiggum posted:

You also get people who offer something for sale that they don't have on the basis that they can buy it from another seller when they need it, so their price is automatically set to be just a bit higher than the one they're going to buy and sell on, but if two people try that same trick on the one product then their bots can end up competing with each other and drive the price way up.

I thought it was a pure troll because the comments were so masterful

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Who'd have thought? :shrug:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

breaks posted:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/AUDIOQUEST-K2-SPEAKER-CABLES-8FT/productinfo/AQ-SK28/
(etc)

This picture is funny once you realize that this "quantum" sticker costs 70 bucks.

gently caress, I'm in the wrong line of work.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Jasta posted:

They ate carbs.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

TheCoconutman
Sep 13, 2007
Who took the money from the house fund? the coconutman, Fuck the coconutman

LingcodKilla posted:

Not when it comes to large ships you don't, due to large vessels limited ability to maneuver sailboats must give way.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
This is apparently a book cover:

I could have sworn we had a terrible book covers thread in PYF, but I couldn't find it.

Damnit. It looks like the author had a real artist do the cover art after the internet made fun of the one I posted.

Bored has a new favorite as of 07:27 on May 1, 2013

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Bored posted:

I could have sworn we had a terrible book covers thread in PYF, but I couldn't find it.

You're probably thinking of the GBS thread that led to this frontpage article.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

breaks posted:

(etc)

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Yuuuuup

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

I used to see this all the time on the shelves at Bunnings (kinda like Home Depot I guess but Australian) and I never realised how weird this would be for someone not from down here

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

I love how it has a four-way active crossover, buy requires four separate amps per speaker. :wtc:

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

hooah posted:

I love how it has a four-way active crossover, buy requires four separate amps per speaker. :wtc:

You just don't get it, man. You put the amps AFTER the crossover.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Bored posted:

Damnit. It looks like the author had a real artist do the cover art after the internet made fun of the one I posted.

I did an image search; the title is great, too.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 13:07 on May 2, 2013

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

The Red Queen posted:

I did an image search; the title is great, too.

If the author actually drew that, I'd probably give them a pass - I always think there's something cool about authors illustrating their own books, even if they are not very good at it (J.R.R. Tolkien's illustrations are the perfect example of this).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

If the author actually drew that, I'd probably give them a pass - I always think there's something cool about authors illustrating their own books, even if they are not very good at it (J.R.R. Tolkien's illustrations are the perfect example of this).
Book says B. R. Walker (maybe B. K.), flames say Christoper 2011.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Looks like a trace of the UK cover of Order of the Phoenix that's been image-flipped.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TheCoconutman posted:

Not when it comes to large ships you don't, due to large vessels limited ability to maneuver sailboats must give way.

That's the joke....

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I feel the same way. I have a local author that recently published his own book and has drawings are similarly bad, but he gets a pass for doing it himself. (He also gets a pass for doing so while suffering from MS. He painted his cane to match his book cover :3:)

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I used to see this all the time on the shelves at Bunnings (kinda like Home Depot I guess but Australian) and I never realised how weird this would be for someone not from down here

I made a PG version!

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
You, sir, have defaced a masterpiece.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Put pants on Michelangelo's David why don't you :argh:

On the theme of masterpieces, behold the glory:

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/dTXtIYO.jpg:nws:

(from the Awful Games Mods thread)

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 16:26 on May 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But there is one they fear.
In their tongue, he is Dovahdick, Dragon Cock!

• Locked thread